PDA

View Full Version : Remember - Sing O'Canada

prizby
08-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Just a reminder, lets sing our national anthem, loud in proud tomorrow night right after the concacaf song...

GET IT DONE!!!

lets show the Cruz Azul and the Mexicans what we got!

backbeat
08-16-2010, 07:16 PM
I'll say this again but we rarely these days, or this year, have very many people at their seats when the players come out or even the anthem is sung. For whatever reason it seems that each year the numbers of people arriving before the game is getting less and less. we did sing before the Motagua game but it was a 1/4 full at best. it would be really nice if the place was at least half full or dare i say pretty much full so we could really make noise to kick start our boys and rattle the hell out of them!!! why doesn't everyone imagine the game starts at 7 and get there for 7:30 so when 8 comes around we ROCK the joint??? :drum: :flare: :scarf: :canada:

flatpicker
08-16-2010, 07:46 PM
^ It's a never ending issue.
People always arrive late... Even for the Leafs!
Aside from commuting issues, I think Torontonians are naturally lackadaisical.

ochos
08-16-2010, 08:18 PM
^^ and uber work-oriented..

Jeff s
08-16-2010, 08:25 PM
I'll say this again but we rarely these days, or this year, have very many people at their seats when the players come out or even the anthem is sung. For whatever reason it seems that each year the numbers of people arriving before the game is getting less and less. we did sing before the Motagua game but it was a 1/4 full at best. it would be really nice if the place was at least half full or dare i say pretty much full so we could really make noise to kick start our boys and rattle the hell out of them!!! why doesn't everyone imagine the game starts at 7 and get there for 7:30 so when 8 comes around we ROCK the joint??? :drum: :flare: :scarf: :canada:

I miss the days when there were a lot of people in their seats during the warm ups and we were singing during the warm ups. Now the place is empty and we never get the chance to energize ourselves before the game starts.

prizby
08-16-2010, 08:30 PM

u said this b4?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-16-2010, 08:31 PM
I miss the days when there were a lot of people in their seats during the warm ups and we were singing during the warm ups. Now the place is empty and we never get the chance to energize ourselves before the game starts.

agreed...if there is any game we want to be in our seats early ...its this one.....

i dont care about the rest of the stadium......but lets push to get all RPB..USEC...and NEE in BMO nice and early!!!

111-112-113...127..should be in full voice by the start of the warmups....

LEts make this happen

backbeat
08-16-2010, 08:40 PM
^ It's a never ending issue.
People always arrive late... Even for the Leafs!
Aside from commuting issues, I think Torontonians are naturally lackadaisical.

i hear you but it seems to get worse every season - the 1st year
EVERYONE (well pretty much everyone) was in their seats at the beginning and each year since it's less and less - at least as far as i see...i really think people need to make more of an effort, if they want to, if not, well i guess that's ok...i am always there 15 to 30 before the game except for 2 in the 4 years....i really want to be ther for the start, that's all....

backbeat
08-16-2010, 08:46 PM
u said this b4?

i did indeed...i really believe we (season ticket holders) should make an effort to be there before the game, in our seats, and screaming/singing to spure on the lads and freak the visitors out as much as possible...it would especially be great for Cruz i think!!

SoccMan
08-16-2010, 09:16 PM
It's the one thing I hate the most about our fans, late to get to the game and early to leave. I know, I know it's because of the GO train schedule, but seriously do so many people take the GO train. Everybody seems to be in their seats by the 20th minute of the game, then at about the 40th minute the mass exodus for half time begins and the stadium looks empty again until about 15 minutes into the second half when everybody is more or less back in their seats from the half time break, then it happens at every game at about the 75th minute no matter what the score the mass exodus for the exits begins. I remember bringing a relative of mine from England to the a game last year and he could not believe how many people were leaving the game so early with the game tied at the time, he had never seen anything like it before back home.

ACSertL
08-16-2010, 09:18 PM
How do the words go again? ;)

THA BUTCHA
08-16-2010, 09:25 PM
(almost post) ;)

prizby
08-16-2010, 10:04 PM
i did indeed...i really believe we (season ticket holders) should make an effort to be there before the game, in our seats, and screaming/singing to spure on the lads and freak the visitors out as much as possible...it would especially be great for Cruz i think!!

i meant it retorically

it would be nice to see everyone in there seats on time for once, if they can do it across the pond, why cant we?

Don Julio
08-17-2010, 08:23 AM
They should have happy hour at the stdium. 25% of beer up to 20 mins. before kickoff. A lot more people would be in their seats.

razor787
08-17-2010, 08:27 AM
Beautiful idea. Then beers would only be marginally overpriced :D

Wull
08-17-2010, 08:48 AM
They should have happy hour at the stdium. 25% of beer up to 20 mins. before kickoff. A lot more people would be in their seats.

Best ...... idea ........ EVER!

bones
08-17-2010, 09:18 AM

Oye! Happy HOUR ;) not happy 20 minutes :)

LOVE this idea!

Bones...

AL-MO
08-17-2010, 10:47 AM

I was thinking the same thing the other day DJ!

I think that would be the only way to get people into the stadium earlier. Sad but true.

ecospice
08-17-2010, 11:06 AM
I was thinking the same thing the other day DJ!

I think that would be the only way to get people into the stadium earlier. Sad but true.

That's not sad - its clever. And very beneficial for those of us who show up early to drink the over priced bear too...

:drinking::drinking::drinking:

rocker
08-17-2010, 11:59 AM
i'm in my seats 45 minutes before kickoff. and I don't drink beer (just powerade and a pork sandwich). if i can do it, ya'll can do it.

Technorgasm
08-17-2010, 12:12 PM
CAn we sing it in spanish?
Does anyone know some good spanish pharases to cuss out the opposition?

flatpicker
08-17-2010, 11:07 PM
We didn't do so well with this tonight.
I'm kind of disappointed with our effort.

I think the Bunker got the song started too soon, and other sections were still doing different chants.
I'm in 111, and we didn't even catch on to the anthem until the final verse of the tune.

For future games, give chants time to die out, and give fans time to welcome the team before starting the anthem.

All in all, a great night... but I figured I would find something to bitch about.

Hustle
08-17-2010, 11:11 PM

Carlsberg or whatever conglomerate owns you: Take note.....this is a kick ass idea....

Blizzard
08-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Why not open up part of the food building pre-game and turn it into the Carlsberg Beer Hall. It closes half an hour before game time though. It could be, potentially literally, a riot.

Put up a big screen, projector, lots of speakers and hype up the supporters! The beer would have to be reasonably priced though.

AL-MO
08-17-2010, 11:48 PM
That's not sad - its clever. And very beneficial for those of us who show up early to drink the over priced bear too...

The idea may be clever, but its pretty sad that alcohol would be the only thing that would get people to show up to the stadium early.

raj100
08-18-2010, 12:24 AM

i dont think you could ever overprice a drink of bear! maybe a drink of beer :flare:

Heart of Stone
08-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Have to re-think when ... or how to start the anthem at Champions League games ... large portions of the stadium (including sec. 127) missed it entirely or didn't realize what was going on until the last couple of lines...

An idea is to get the in-house P.A. guy to just say "TFC fans raise your scarves high."? This one line would alert many regulars and semi-regulars to the fact that the Southend is about to start singing O'Canada...

daner90
08-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Is it possible to raise a huge Canadian flag as a cue to start singing the National anthem?

Even at the top of 112 we couldn't hear that the anthem had started until 3/4 of the way through....

FluSH
08-18-2010, 08:07 AM
^^^
Not a bad idea... we have two large Canadian Flags... I am sure we can arrange this.

TOBOR !
08-18-2010, 10:06 AM
127 was not involved in this at all. Not sure anyone was even aware. Too busy barking 'OLE-OLE-OLA' or something.