PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Game Thread: CONCACAF CL Group Stage - TFC vs. Cruz Azul - 08/17

atlanticTFCfan
08-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Since nobody's started this yet, I might as well do it! :p

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9343/torontofcxs8.gifhttp://img242.imageshack.us/img242/4617/54707515.jpghttp://a.imageshack.us/img824/953/cruzazul.gif

What/When

Toronto FC will begin their first-ever foray in the CONCACAF Champions League group stage when they return home to BMO Field to take on Club Deportivo, Social, y Cultural Cruz Azul AC from Mexico in a CONCACAF Champions League group stage match on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 at 8:00 pm EDT.
Toronto FC is in Group A along with Real Salt Lake, Club Deportivo, Social, y Cultural Cruz Azul AC and Club Deportivo Árabe Unido.

TV/Video

This game will be shown live on GOL TV Canada (http://www.goltv.ca/) and Fox Soccer Channel (http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/) in the U.S..
This game is also available online on the CONCACAF website: http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/.

Radio/Audio

CJCL AM 590 (http://www.fan590.com/) in Toronto.

Supporters Group Match Thread Links

BigSoccer: http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1508117
U-Sector: http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector/index.php?showtopic=13782
North End Elite: http://www.kickabola.com/showthread.php?t=21167

RealG-TFC
08-15-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm so pumped, yet so very afraid.

Heart of Stone
08-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Will Santos be OK to play?

Derko
08-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Will Santos be OK to play?

I don't think so, OBW will have to step up.

West220Side
08-15-2010, 05:12 PM

don't make me laugh.

razor787
08-15-2010, 05:16 PM
better chance of Frei getting a goal then OBW... Guys been absolute shit. He was so hyped up when we had signed him, doesnt seem to be worth it.

rocker
08-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Time to kick some Mexican ass!
I'm so excited to see a Champions League group stage game at BMO.
The atmosphere for the Motagua game was unbelievable, and I expect the same on tuesday night.

flatpicker
08-15-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm so pumped, yet so very afraid.

I hear ya

Heart of Stone
08-15-2010, 06:41 PM
No doubt they will be a strong side... last year they ended Columbus' 24 game home winning streak with a 2-0 win in the group stage ... when they hosted the Crew in Mexico City they won 5-0...

West220Side
08-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Time to kick some Mexican ass!
I'm so excited to see a Champions League group stage game at BMO.
The atmosphere for the Motagua game was unbelievable, and I expect the same on tuesday night.

http://creepygif.com/images/full/10.gif

... and yet strangely badass.

LesH
08-15-2010, 06:46 PM

Zero chances for OBW to step up, for the simple reason... he can't.
He's a total shite player, one which has no business being in MLS, not even on the bench!

adam1001
08-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Zero chances for OBW to step up, for the simple reason... he can't.
He's a total shite player, one which has no business being in MLS, not even on the bench!
i agree, i have been keeping faith in the guy but he has been pretty brutal

Heart of Stone
08-15-2010, 07:41 PM
better chance of Frei getting a goal then OBW... He was so hyped up when we had signed him, doesnt seem to be worth it.

I guess the hype was based on him scoring 23 goals in 24 games as a junior in NCAA Div. 1 ... but after he blew out his knee as a senior he has since become a lumbering, not so effective MLSer...

RealG-TFC
08-15-2010, 07:46 PM
I just hate that chance he blew in the NY game. Mista gave it to him on a plate.

ensco
08-15-2010, 08:21 PM
This is a serious mismatch (on paper anyway).

If we get killed, that's life. Can't let it affect how we prepare/play against NY Saturday,

CanadaLFC
08-15-2010, 09:33 PM
This is where we as supporters have to bring it on tuesday. Im so pumpedd!!!

Heart of Stone
08-15-2010, 09:43 PM
This is where we as supporters have to bring it on tuesday.

The Motagua coach revealed that his players were nervous when they played at BMO especially the first part of the game ... the SGs played a massive role in making things less than hospitable for the Hondurans ...

Cruz Azul is probably expecting BMO to be a lot like Crew Stadium where they played in last year's Champions League ... let's make that their first mistake.:flare:

James17930
08-15-2010, 09:48 PM
I hate to say it, but I really have a feeling that our home unbeaten run is going to come to an end. I'd say we'd be extremely fortunate to get a draw.

If we didn't have all these injuries I'd say we have more of a fighting chance, but with the guys we have left to play -- unless Mista actually steps up in ways he hasn't done yet -- our only goal scoring threat is De Ro, and he looks dead tired.

James17930
08-15-2010, 09:50 PM
The Motagua coach revealed that his players were nervous when they played at BMO especially the first part of the game ... the SGs played a massive role in making things less than hospitable for the Hondurans ...

Cruz Azul is probably expecting BMO to be a lot like Crew Stadium where they played in last year's Champions League ... let's make that their first mistake.:flare:

All the supporters need to try and get everyone doing the BMO Stomp! :D

Especially at the beginning of the game when the teams are in the tunnel waiting to come out -- feeling like the roof is going to cave in on them will get them pretty nervy I'm sure.

Super
08-15-2010, 10:58 PM
I agree. We have to be beyond hostile on Tuesday. This is exactly the game where the 12th man is needed the most.

SilverSamurai
08-15-2010, 11:58 PM
I HOPE TFC can pull off a tie, but w/ Santos and Barrett out, I'm not thrilled at the prospect of OBW leading the attack.
I'd rather have Ibbe, Gala and Mista doing it.

I'm not sure if the 12th man will be enough. Cruz Azul isn't really a team that's used to playing infront of families...

Gotta believe!!!

DichioTFC
08-16-2010, 12:36 AM
I agree. We have to be beyond hostile on Tuesday. This is exactly the game where the 12th man is needed the most.

Damn right.

Hustle
08-16-2010, 01:50 AM
We only have one hope....and that is if we, the supporters bring EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERY FCUKING THING we have and leave it all there on Tuesday night.

ochos
08-16-2010, 05:21 AM
Biggest role call EVER for the SG's

backbeat
08-16-2010, 07:59 AM
All the supporters need to try and get everyone doing the BMO Stomp! :D

Especially at the beginning of the game when the teams are in the tunnel waiting to come out -- feeling like the roof is going to cave in on them will get them pretty nervy I'm sure.

except the problem being there will hardly be anyone in the stands as the players come out...it seems that each year fans arrive a little later than last and now it's almost empty at the beginning and starts to look reasonably full 20 minutes in.

razor787
08-16-2010, 08:12 AM
Unfortunately, that seems to be true. Not sure when the train gets there at, but it may just be a case of weird go-train times.

I will be there tomorrow night, and i wont be quiet until the final whistle.

maninb
08-16-2010, 09:39 AM
IMO the game Saturday vs NYRB is FAR FAR FAR more important than tomorrow's match...I hope Preki plays some of the scrubs and rests some of our important players...

James17930
08-16-2010, 09:42 AM
IMO the game Saturday vs NYRB is FAR FAR FAR more important than tomorrow's match...I hope Preki plays some of the scrubs and rests some of our important players...

Why? They had the weekend off, and besides -- we don't have any 'scrub' players at the moment. With so many injuries, it probably will be the same guys playing both games.

gmacpheetfc
08-16-2010, 09:45 AM
any idea if the mexican media is showing it?

razor787
08-16-2010, 09:50 AM

Tomorrows match is more important then almost any other match we have ever played. Its against a really strong side, in an international compition. If we can beat them at home, that will be a vital couple points in the championship. This is a great oppertunity for the club, and I hope Preki has been training TFC like this is the MLS cup final.

Oldtimer
08-16-2010, 09:59 AM
any idea if the mexican media is showing it?

No mention in the websites I've seen, but here is a google translation of what their media is saying:

Toronto Cruz Azul

Mexico-After the win 4-1 over Pachuca, Cruz Azul's roster went to Canada yesterday morning to face Toronto FC at the start of the group stage of the Concachampions.

The said cement motivated to leave their commitment CONCACAF tournament after a start to the season in which added three wins and one defeat in the 2010 Apertura and two wins in the preliminary stage of the regional fair.

"I think we are all very confident, is Emanuel (Villa), is Christian (Gimenez), Jesus (Crown), we are all trying to drive us to the shoulder and the team look to follow the same achieving more wins," said striker Javier Orozco, who place among the leaders in scoring in both competitions.

Meanwhile, Crown said the machine should learn from the mistakes of the past in order not to lose a final in the Champions League, as happened in the two previous editions.

"We are very good, the team has maintained a balance and regularity are very important to get results. We have a very clear idea of the game system and we know what we need is more control of the ball and we're working on, "said the goalkeeper.

Moreover, the "Chaco" Gimenez said that while some players, among which are included, improve the individual level, most importantly for the celestial is that results are happening.

"We are excited, the fans supported us at all times despite the defeat, the other day against the Pumas fans still singing, still supported, and that's what we want to achieve, a chemist with our fans," said midfielder Argentina.

Dozens of fans gathered at Terminal 1 of the AICM to find a picture or an autograph from the players, and among the most besieged were Villa, Corona, Gerardo Torrado and coach Enrique Meza.

Original Spanish:

http://www.diario.com.mx/nota.php?notaid=428d431594f15033878e22027afe8115

They seem very confident.

Heart of Stone
08-16-2010, 10:14 AM

They've got Jesus on their side!?!:(

T_Mizz
08-16-2010, 10:28 AM
So if we pull off the incredible and we make it through this round the next round is in February, does that mean Rogers Centre? also when do players' contracts expire, would Mista and the others who're only with us for the rest of the season still be playing if the season never ends?

bigtfcfan
08-16-2010, 10:34 AM
So if we pull off the incredible and we make it through this round the next round is in February, does that mean Rogers Centre? also when do players' contracts expire, would Mista and the others who're only with us for the rest of the season still be playing if the season never ends?

lol. one step at a time, let's try to tie cruz azul at bmo first...

razor787
08-16-2010, 10:39 AM

Any players that have played a game, are cup tied. Meaning, they cant play for another team in the cup, BUT that doesnt mean that they stay on our roster.

Any contracts that expire, the player doesnt play for the club, in any compitions any more. If we sign 13 new players after the season, they are all eligible to play in the cup as well.

So basically, whatever our MLS roster is, we can use for the CCL, unless we have a player that has played for another CCL team this year.

rocker
08-16-2010, 10:42 AM

Hopefully overconfident... "They play futbol in Canada? I thought they play just ice hockey. Will they be skating? ha ha ha! This will be easier than a Columbus prostitute!" ;)

tfcleeds
08-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Yikes, they beat Pachuca 4-1 on the weekend, and Pachuca is one of the better Mexican sides.

I'm really looking forward to the atmosphere tomorrow though, and being a part of it.

razor787
08-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Same here. I have a good feeling we are going to suprise everyone, and snag atleast a point tomorrow.

Whoop
08-16-2010, 11:06 AM
Cruz Azul spanked Pachuca 4-1 this past weekend.

maninb
08-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Without Barrett and Santos...I can't see us scoring...sorry...I'm predicting a 2-0 loss..

razor787
08-16-2010, 11:13 AM
which means they had a game, then a long flight shortly after. They wont be in the best shape, and they seem to be underestimating us. A draw isnt unlikely.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-16-2010, 11:42 AM
The bookies are pegging it as pretty even:

Toronto FC v Cruz Azul 2.62 3.30 2.62

As a rule I don't bet for or against TFC, but the draw looks pretty good.

rocker
08-16-2010, 11:45 AM
where's their hotel? gotta go pull some fire alarms tonight... I mean tomorrow morning.

razor787
08-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Or do what they did on the Dean Blundell show during the World Juniors Canada vs USA game. Call the hotel rooms of various players, waking them up halfway through the night, and early in the morning :D

rocker
08-16-2010, 11:59 AM
let's see if we can rent a room on their floor tonight and have a massive party to celebrate the start of Champions League.

razor787
08-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Great idea. I will supply the vuvuzelas

Sab0tage
08-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Ahhh, my first game this season since I`ve been in Halifax all summer for school. Should be good.

ManUtd4ever
08-16-2010, 01:23 PM
I predict a 2-0 loss despite Frei standing on his head. That being said, I would be ecstatic if TFC can beat the odds with a depleted roster against a regional powerhouse and squeak out a draw...

Yohan
08-16-2010, 01:46 PM
if there is time for DeRo to step up, it's now...

razor787
08-16-2010, 01:57 PM
He has been off his form for a while now. I cant see him being dry for too much longer. And with Barrett and Maicon out, he is likely to play his heart out, and have an amazing game. He will bag atleast one.

__wowza
08-16-2010, 02:02 PM
DID SOMEONE SAY..
FUAD IBRAHIM!?

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/?src=http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/07/10/tfc5.jpg&size=640x480&quality=90

razor787
08-16-2010, 02:03 PM
nope. You must be hearing things.

mastermixer
08-16-2010, 03:17 PM
nope. You must be hearing things.

+1

Has not improved at all since we picked him up a couple of years ago.

razor787
08-16-2010, 03:19 PM
I wouldnt say that. He has improved, he just isnt up to MLS level. Kids still young though.

McBrace
08-16-2010, 03:20 PM
+1

Has not improved at all since we picked him up a couple of years ago.

The boy needs to hit the gym and add some pounds to his little frame.. Way to light on the ball.. I wouldn't give up on him just yet..

razor787
08-16-2010, 03:24 PM
He is younger then most draft picks are when they get in the league. I think that if they continue to work with him, get him in the gym to bulk up a bit, he will be a good scorer in the MLS. As for right now, he should be with the academy.

__wowza
08-16-2010, 03:47 PM
:D ^ +1 to pretty much all of the above, i just like throwing him out there like we're obviously overlooking a game changer.

razor787
08-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Ya know, with Toronto's luck, he is probally going to emerge as a game changer tomorrow. Score 2-3 goals, and then blow out his knee. :P

Oldtimer
08-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Our best option is a 0-0 draw. Honestly.

razor787
08-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Its kinda scary. Everyone, myself included, looks at a draw being an amazing result. If we are going in just praying for a draw, then I dont think that will even happen. Unless its a win or die mindset from the fans to players, we wont walk away with any points.

CanadaLFC
08-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Its kinda scary. Everyone, myself included, looks at a draw being an amazing result. If we are going in just praying for a draw, then I dont think that will even happen. Unless its a win or die mindset from the fans to players, we wont walk away with any points.

More times than not, when you sit back and play forthe draw..you're going to get punished.

denime
08-16-2010, 04:29 PM
From TFC email:

Because it's a CONCACAF Champions League match tomorrow night, we won't be playing the national anthems ahead of kick off - so it's over to you again! Ahead of the Motagua match it was great to hear the crowd start singing the Canadian anthem. Now we need a repeat performance tomorrow night, so make sure you're ready to sing after the players have come onto the pitch and the FIFA anthem has finished.

karlosarmenta
08-16-2010, 04:49 PM
where's their hotel? gotta go pull some fire alarms tonight... I mean tomorrow morning.

they are staying at The Renaissance Hotel in the Rogers Centre.

Hustle
08-16-2010, 07:52 PM
can we send 20 pizzas up there with a laxative baked into the crust?

West220Side
08-16-2010, 08:18 PM
can we send 20 pizzas up there with a laxative baked into the crust?

or you could just send them Dominos. :facepalm:

tovan
08-16-2010, 10:18 PM
JDG better go all out, 110%. he'll have plenty of time to rest on the weekend when he's suspended for the NYRB game...:facepalm:

razor787
08-16-2010, 10:26 PM
or you could just send them Dominos. :facepalm:

LMFAO! Best comment of the thread.

Heart of Stone
08-16-2010, 10:34 PM
ABOUT TIME DOMINO'S PIZZA IS UPGRADED

The leadership transition at Domino's Pizza comes at a crucial time for the company, as the nation's largest deliverer of pizza spends big bucks to upgrade its core products.
Admitting in startling new ads that its pizza hasn't been up to snuff, the company has invested in a more expensive sauce, has upgraded its cheese, and also now brushes its crust with an herb-butter mix. "It translates to millions and millions of dollars to make these product changes," said Jeremy White, editor-in-chief of the trade magazine Pizza Today.
Outgoing CEO David Brandon said Tuesday that Domino's had always scored well with customers on service and delivery, but got lower marks for the pizza. "The weakness in our value chain with the customer was really in our core product," he said, but added that the new recipe has done well with consumers.

razor787
08-16-2010, 10:37 PM
they have always had great crust, but the sauce and cheese has always been mega weak.

Definately need to put an order of 20 of their pizzas in for cruz

bgnewf
08-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Canadian Minnows Take on Mexican Sharks!

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/08/come-on-you-daggers/

Some pre-game thoughts on the CONCACAF Champions League match between Toronto FC and Mexican powerhouse Cruz Azul. Comments always welcome.

Heart of Stone
08-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Great blog bgnewf! Always enjoy reading ... very well done!

People not yet coming - get off your asses and get down to BMO!

"Tuesday night is not about just the win, loss or draw for Toronto. It is about the fact that a competitive Champions League match against a wonderful opponent with something for both clubs to play for is going to be taking place in a soccer specific stadium in downtown Toronto with our team lining up against the giants from Mexico. The quality of soccer on offer Tuesday may be some of the best we have yet seen in Toronto, ever!"

Yagbod
08-16-2010, 11:46 PM
Betting line has the game even. I am surprised by that, and also encouraged...

Aug 17 20:00 Toronto FC v Cruz Azul http://www.bet365.com/home/images/Ispacer.gifhttp://www.bet365.com/home/images/stop_watch.gif +162 +230 +162

flatpicker
08-17-2010, 07:14 AM
I just had a bizarre dream about this game last night.
First of all, I was in 112, normally I am in 111...
but thankfully I have no recollection of AL-MO taking his shirt off.
Cruz Azul was all in white, while Toronto players all seemed to be wearing a variety of shirts from different teams.
TFC lost the game, and the only goal they scored was by a teenage girl.

I'm not making this up... but be thankful I have never shown any signs of clairvoyance.

Let the game begin!
:D

bgnewf
08-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Great blog bgnewf! Always enjoy reading ... very well done!

People not yet coming - get off your asses and get down to BMO!

"Tuesday night is not about just the win, loss or draw for Toronto. It is about the fact that a competitive Champions League match against a wonderful opponent with something for both clubs to play for is going to be taking place in a soccer specific stadium in downtown Toronto with our team lining up against the giants from Mexico. The quality of soccer on offer Tuesday may be some of the best we have yet seen in Toronto, ever!"

Thanks for the props.:scarf:

Section 117
08-17-2010, 07:52 AM
I say play balls to wall, everyone is expecting us to lose. Might as well go out guns a blazing instead of trying to defend for 90 minutes.

If we are going to lose I rater lose 4 - 1 then settling for 1-0 result where we have zero offensive chances.

Just my opinion

Chubbs
08-17-2010, 07:55 AM
It pains me to not be at BMO tonight to support my squad... Going to be streaming the match from Germany at 3AM tonight....

I'm sure you guys will be rocking the South stands something fierce! Make our boys proud!

:flare:

gmacpheetfc
08-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Ahhh, my first game this season since I`ve been in Halifax all summer for school. Should be good.

dal bahd?

KdotOdot
08-17-2010, 08:49 AM
All we need is someone to distribute to the wings and we'll survive without BArret or Santos.

I hope.

rocker
08-17-2010, 09:02 AM
I say play balls to wall, everyone is expecting us to lose. Might as well go out guns a blazing instead of trying to defend for 90 minutes.

If we are going to lose I rater lose 4 - 1 then settling for 1-0 result where we have zero offensive chances.

Just my opinion

I dunno.. given that this is a group stage, a 1-0 loss is better than a 4-1 loss, if eventually goal differential comes into play. The problem with going too offensive is you can't do that for 90 minutes without Cruz Azul coming back and getting lots of chances either. They are a very good team.

bgnewf
08-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Courtney Campbell from Jamaica is the head referee this evening.

According to my trusty spreadsheet of every TFC game ever played we have never had him as an official before.

Cas87
08-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Line-up speculation time!

With Barret and Maicon out I see the formation as this:

----------------------- Frei ----------------------------
---- Usanov ------ Cann ------- Nana ------- Gargan ---
---------------------- Saric ----------------------------
------------ Labrocca ------------ JDG -----------------
--------------------- Peterson -------------------------
------------ Mista ---------------- De Ro --------------

With OBW, Hscanovics and Harden as subs

razor787
08-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Saric is still injured, and switch Usanov and Gargan around.

rocker
08-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Saric is still injured,

I saw a tweet yesterday from Luke Wileman that Saric is back healthy and in full training.

Stencils
08-17-2010, 09:40 AM
I just had a bizarre dream about this game last night.
First of all, I was in 112, normally I am in 111...
but thankfully I have no recollection of AL-MO taking his shirt off.
Cruz Azul was all in white, while Toronto players all seemed to be wearing a variety of shirts from different teams.
TFC lost the game, and the only goal they scored was by a teenage girl.

I'm not making this up... but be thankful I have never shown any signs of clairvoyance.

Let the game begin!
:D

You know, if this actually happens, I'll be happy with the result.

You have to view any situation where AL-MO doesn't take off his shirt as a good one.

James17930
08-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Mista Mista Mista

James17930
08-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Courtney Campbell from Jamaica is the head referee this evening.

According to my trusty spreadsheet of every TFC game ever played we have never had him as an official before.

He's atrocious.

This should be interesting.

TFC Cityboy
08-17-2010, 09:57 AM
He's atrocious.

This should be interesting.

wonderful...it'll be just like a league match then eh

TFC Cityboy
08-17-2010, 10:06 AM
by the way for those driving down tonight, the Ex grounds have a big fuck-off NO ENTRY sign at the entrance opposite Ontario Place, so plan accordingly. It looks like the Midway is being set up. The TFC email said you can enter from Lakeshore, but that looks to be wrong, from what I saw this morning anyway...

bigtfcfan
08-17-2010, 10:27 AM
I think we'll see the best of JDG tonight. There will actually be some plays for him to break up.

McBrace
08-17-2010, 10:28 AM
by the way for those driving down tonight, the Ex grounds have a big fuck-off NO ENTRY sign at the entrance opposite Ontario Place, so plan accordingly. It looks like the Midway is being set up. The TFC email said you can enter from Lakeshore, but that looks to be wrong, from what I saw this morning anyway...

It's never easy is it!!!

Cas87
08-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey everyone, i know we shouldn't give our hopes up but remember when we gave it out all when our back were against the ropes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeYSPsKe5A

I have a feeling "HE'S GOT THREE!" will be said again tonight!

C'MON YOU REDS!!! THINK OF THE MIRACLE

sampace
08-17-2010, 11:27 AM
I expect Mista to score a hat trick and TFC to shock Azul at home!!!

rocker
08-17-2010, 11:42 AM
It's never easy is it!!!

it's easy when you ride the Go...
front door to seat in 24 minutes from Mississauga :)

Heart of Stone
08-17-2010, 11:48 AM
Anybody else feel it's going to be a 0-0 draw this evening?

Then Cruz Azul will look to tear us a new one in Mexico City...

ManUtd4ever
08-17-2010, 11:59 AM
^^ Considering our two best strikers are not available tonight, a 0-0 draw would actually be a great result. A victory would be miraculous...

reggie
08-17-2010, 12:05 PM
any idea how tickets sales are going for tonights game?

Technorgasm
08-17-2010, 12:07 PM
this is football.
We can take pride in teh fact that we have to play the Jewel of this tournament.
traditionally there are 14 of the 18 teams from Mex in this thing.

History has ALREADY been made.
JDG wants this win. . . and so do teh lads. if we play with teh samed crazed desire as we did against Mantagua. . we shall not be stopped.

Fry to hold them out. Mista to put them in.

COME ON YOU REDS!

Yohan
08-17-2010, 01:40 PM
anything can happen on game day... it's not totally back against the wall scenario, but david vs goliath encounter?

plus nick garcia is injured?

TFC_Central
08-17-2010, 01:41 PM
winwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwin

rocker
08-17-2010, 01:42 PM
this is football.
We can take pride in teh fact that we have to play the Jewel of this tournament.
traditionally there are 14 of the 18 teams from Mex in this thing.

History has ALREADY been made.
JDG wants this win. . . and so do teh lads. if we play with teh samed crazed desire as we did against Mantagua. . we shall not be stopped.

Fry to hold them out. Mista to put them in.

COME ON YOU REDS!

love your attitude!

I go into every game with this attitude!

Bars92
08-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Toronto FC should be footballing minows, but lets hope we can be the pirhanas of the CONCACAF tournament.

Oldtimer
08-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Steven Sandor blogs that Cruz Azul practiced on Fieldturf in order to prepare for BMO Field. :lol:

http://blogs.canoe.ca/thefull90/general/cruz-azul-shoud-fire-all-of-its-advance-scouts/

Carts
08-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Steven Sandor blogs that Cruz Azul practiced on Fieldturf in order to prepare for BMO Field. :lol:

http://blogs.canoe.ca/thefull90/general/cruz-azul-shoud-fire-all-of-its-advance-scouts/

This is AWESOME...

We're getting a good laugh out of this at work...

Carts...

Heart of Stone
08-17-2010, 02:44 PM
The Fan 590 reports that Toronto could look like the inside of a burrito after this one...

Jeffro
08-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Heading to Joes! Come on you REDS!

crozack
08-17-2010, 02:50 PM
any idea how tickets sales are going for tonights game?

Heard from my TFC rep today that 16,000 tickets sold and they are expecting a pretty good walk up crowd.

Technorgasm
08-17-2010, 03:23 PM
I hope they start the waterboy./ . . . then realize. . . after its 2-0. . .

we actually know how to play FOOTBALL in Canada.

FUck I hope we own them so hard.

DangerRed
08-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Let's whoop 'em. I got my lungs ready. Hopefully I won't be the loudest in the north stand again...

:scarf::flare::scarf::flare::scarf:

Oldtimer
08-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Heard from my TFC rep today that 16,000 tickets sold and they are expecting a pretty good walk up crowd.

It will probably be a pretty good crowd in terms of atmosphere, too. :scarf:

Hitcho
08-17-2010, 03:38 PM
I hope they start the waterboy./ . . . then realize. . . after its 27-0. . .

we actually know how to play FOOTBALL in Canada.

FUck I hope we own them so hard.

Fixed - no point taking chances! :D:D:D

Lucky Strike
08-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Didn't see this elsehwere:

Cruz Azul undone by faulty intelligence.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/cruz-azul-surprised-learn-bmo-field-has-grass

D'oh!

JonO
08-17-2010, 05:05 PM
^ Nine posts up? ;)

TFCUNITED
08-17-2010, 05:17 PM

LOL.

Musse
08-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Will be cheering for the reds tonight with living room full of
CALGARY REDS!!!!!

there is full coast to coast canada support tonight!

Down the Mexicans!!!!!!!!!!!

Ricky_Portugal
08-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Just got to bmo mexican support seems strong today. Let's grind out a win boys

Auzzy
08-17-2010, 05:57 PM
It pains me to not be at BMO tonight to support my squad... Going to be streaming the match from Germany at 3AM tonight....

I'm sure you guys will be rocking the South stands something fierce! Make our boys proud!

Chubbs, I'll be watching the stream in the same time zone as you. (We just moved on in our travels though, from Germany to the Netherlands.)

Please DON'T start watching the stream at 3AM CET though, you will miss the first hour of the game! It will start at 2AM here!

BTW, for all out-of-towners, the official CONCACAF stream looks to be up for this game; you just need to register for a free account: http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/

In-towners are hopefully at the game anyway ;)

Brooker
08-17-2010, 06:04 PM
COME ON YOU GLORIOUS RED MOTHER FUCKERS!

Auzzy
08-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Concacaf TV is now saying "Sorry, you need to purchase the event in order to watch it."

But there's no way to pay for anything either. I hope they don't screw this one up again. Hopefully that's an incorrect error message, and it's just to early for me to be clicking on the link. Does anyone know more??

pawlukj
08-17-2010, 06:11 PM
the concacaf website streams never work, or havent so far.. just go to www.p2p4u.net theres 2 links there for this game

T_Mizz
08-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Its on ATDHE.net

Auzzy
08-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Well, supposedly the CONCACAF streaming is supposed to supposedly work starting today, August 17th. I was hoping for better quality this time than from atdhe.net & the others. But I'm not betting my life on it. Just wondering if anyone has more info about the CONCACAF feed.

EDIT message on CONCACAF TV now changed to "Live event will be starting shortly" for the TFC game. Looks like it may work today, and I hope the quality will be good!!! :drum:

atlanticTFCfan
08-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Well, supposedly the CONCACAF streaming is supposed to supposedly work starting today, August 17th. I was hoping for better quality this time than from atdhe.net & the others. But I'm not betting my life on it. Just wondering if anyone has more info about the CONCACAF feed.

EDIT message on CONCACAF TV now changed to "Live event will be starting shortly" for the TFC game. Looks like it may work today, and I hope the quality will be good!!! :drum:

If you saw that message, then the stream is indeed working. It's in stand-by mode right now. The match feed should begin at 8pm on the dot. The company that handles the CONCACAF stream also does the streaming for the beach soccer events I watch over at beachsoccer.com.

I can't guarantee that you'll hear a play-by-play announcer during the CONCACAF stream, though. If that's the case, maybe you don't need it, let the crowd noise rule.

Auzzy
08-17-2010, 06:27 PM
From http://twitter.com/TorontoFC

Starting XI v. Cruz Azul: Conway, Attakora, Cann, Hscanovics, Usanov, Saric, de Guzman, LaBrocca, De Rosario, White, Mista ... #CCL #TFC
10 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Wow, Conway starting? Also confirmed on their Twitter account that CONCACAF should have the stream tonight.

EDIT: atlanticTFCfan, thanks for the info? (BTW, Beach soccer?!?)

atlanticTFCfan
08-17-2010, 06:31 PM

Starting XI v. Cruz Azul: Conway, Attakora, Cann, Hscanovics, Usanov, Saric, de Guzman, LaBrocca, De Rosario, White, Mista ... #CCL #TFC
10 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Wow, Conway starting? Also confirmed on their Twitter account that CONCACAF should have the stream tonight.

Yeah, Conway's starting, with Kocic as the backup. They want to rest Frei for the New York match (understandable).

And beach soccer? Yep, it is indeed a sport, and FIFA recognizes it (they've done so since 2005). You should check out beachsoccer.com. You'll love it.

Roogsy
08-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Chubbs, I'll be watching the stream in the same time zone as you. (We just moved on in our travels though, from Germany to the Netherlands.)

Please DON'T start watching the stream at 3AM CET though, you will miss the first hour of the game! It will start at 2AM here!

BTW, for all out-of-towners, the official CONCACAF stream looks to be up for this game; you just need to register for a free account: http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/

In-towners are hopefully at the game anyway ;)

Many thanks! I was wondering if I could stream it from France, I have now registered and have logged on!

flambe
08-17-2010, 06:48 PM

Does the conway start show that preki has limited confidence for the win?

Auzzy
08-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Many thanks! I was wondering if I could stream it from France, I have now registered and have logged on!

Hey, no problem! CONCACAF stream is live NOW.

More 2am CET viewers, eh? I tried to convince my Mexican brother-in-law to watch the game together with me, here in the Netherlands. (He's from Monterey & Guadalajara, so probably would have cheered for Toronto.) But he's gotta work tomorrow.

atlanticTFCfan
The CONCACAF.com stream is up and running NOW!

:flare::drum::scarf::canada:

pawlukj
its working, i hope the camera isnt from behind the net the whole game though

atlanticTFCfan
08-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Does the conway start show that preki has limited confidence for the win?

I don't think so. I think he recognizes that both the CCL and the MLS season are equally important.

Roogsy
08-17-2010, 06:57 PM
SING! SING MY TFC BROTHERS!!!

FLUSHIE ON THE STAND! WE'RE BRINGING OUR A-GAME TONIGHT BITCHES!

atlanticTFCfan
08-17-2010, 06:58 PM
As I figured, no PBP announcer. I'm gonna use the stream at fan590.com for PBP. Dan Dunleavy and Bob Iarusci always do a good job.

James17930
08-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Mista Mista Mista

barticusz
08-17-2010, 07:01 PM
in case it hasn't been said. ccl stream is working.

atlanticTFCfan
08-17-2010, 07:02 PM
in case it hasn't been said. ccl stream is working.

Must have missed the last couple of times it was said. :picard:

atlanticTFCfan
08-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Wow. They come out to the FIFA anthem. Nice!

Brooker
08-17-2010, 07:03 PM
De Guzman step up.... DE GUZMAN STEP UP!!!!

rofl who in the hell is this announcer?

atlanticTFCfan
08-17-2010, 07:05 PM
I stand corrected. There IS a PBP announcer for this. Have no idea who it is, but he does have a British accent.

And the crowd sings the Canadian national anthem. Awesome!

Brooker
08-17-2010, 07:05 PM
goosebumps fuuuuuuuuck

T_Mizz
08-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Where should I watch this? Atdhe.net has fox soccer channel and Concacaf tv has god knows who, quality's the same

Brooker
08-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Where should I watch this? Atdhe.net has fox soccer channel and Concacaf tv has god knows who, quality's the same

CONCACAF

Brooker
08-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saric Gooooooooooooooal

barticusz
08-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Goooooaaalll!!!! Fuck Yea Reds!!

barticusz
08-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Damn, our boys have come out to play.. hopefully they can keep it up.

atlanticTFCfan
08-17-2010, 07:10 PM
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9253/tfcgoal.jpg

atlanticTFCfan
08-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Fuck, they should have made it two!

Brooker
08-17-2010, 07:15 PM
unbelievable

atlanticTFCfan
08-17-2010, 07:18 PM
I think Cruz Azul is paying for not starting Orozco tonight.

gtaguy
08-17-2010, 07:54 PM
fill the net with goals boys.. going into cruz azuls home we need lots of goals to surpass them. we all know they are going to give us a hurting on thier turf..

TFC USA
08-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Guys you know there is a game thread for this right?

sulfur
08-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Right here: http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=24181

denime
08-17-2010, 10:30 PM
Guys carry on in this thread:
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=24182