PDA

View Full Version : Injury Updates

Section 117
08-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to pass on some information that I found out yesterday regarding Chad and Snatos.

Chad is expected to miss three weeks with a slightly pulled hamstring. He did not train with the team. He was getting treatment.

Santos did some light training with the squad, he wants to play next week, but from my understanding he will be out at least two more according to my source.

pekduck
08-13-2010, 11:42 AM
ouch... poor chad... 3 weeks means what? at least 4 games CCL x 2 and MLS x 2?
and santos...

looking at OBW, Ibby.... that's it.... we need reinforcements up front...

mista is really best a mid at the moment...

rocker
08-13-2010, 11:50 AM
3 weeks!?!??! ouch.

Darlofletch
08-13-2010, 11:52 AM
If that's right, and they're both out for a while, then we are in serious trouble. Good opportunity for White though, I hope he takes it, though his last few performances suggest he won't.

Yohan
08-13-2010, 11:58 AM
anyone else missing paul winsper right now?

Section 117
08-13-2010, 12:01 PM
I don't think Paul Winsper would have helped much....

They are just playing a lot of matches and our depth is non exsistent

razor787
08-13-2010, 12:03 PM
I have no idea why we let him leave for Vancouver. I dont think we are going to be able to get anyone as good as him in that position again.

Hell, Frei even said in an interview at the start of the year, that the fitness training is kinda weird. They have the keepers (or atleast they did) doing the same fitness training as the outfield players. The keepers dont need to work on stamina as much as they do speed and strength.

Section 117
08-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Winsper went to go work for Nike and their training deptarment if i remeber correctly

razor787
08-13-2010, 12:10 PM
I had thought that he went to Vancouver to work with the Whitecaps.

Redpunkfiddle
08-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Winsper went to go work for Nike and their training deptarment if i remeber correctly

Yep- much more lucrative job with creative opportunities if I recall correctly. Plus his link to come here was Carver I thnk.

Well, White is going to have his chance for redemption, or will sink himself good in the next bit. Time to take those shots.

rocker
08-13-2010, 12:18 PM
No I think Winsper came before Carver.
The Nike job allowed him to disseminate his teachings to a wider audience and make more money and not travel.
He wasn't even travelling much, if at all, to TFC away games when he worked here.

The trainers who worked under Winsper are still working for TFC, so they would know his teachings and be able to apply them now if they want.

pekduck
08-13-2010, 12:19 PM
correct, as a Director level too

sulfur
08-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Winsper worked for TFC for a pre-season pre-Carver, but from talking with them last year in Charleston, Carver was the reason he actually came to TFC to work full-time.

Stryker
08-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Guess DeRo moves to striker and Mista to CF.

__wowza
08-13-2010, 03:51 PM
i was salivating at the dero/barrett/santos combo, i really was.

Darlofletch
08-13-2010, 04:26 PM
yeah, that first half against Chivas was really good. sigh.

Torontotonto
08-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Devastating news at this crucial time of the season.
Others are going to have to step up big time.

prizby
08-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Guess DeRo moves to striker and Mista to CF.

I'd rather see DeRo & Mista play off OBW and play a Christmas tree formation with Labrocca-JDG-Peterson in the next line

something like

----------Frei-------------
Gargan-Nana-Cann-Garcia
--Peterson-JDG-Labrocca--
--------DeRo-Mista--------
-----------OBW-----------

considering all the injuries:
Saric
Maicon
Barrett
Sanyang
Harden
(Gomez)

yuk that really hurts when you look at this way

rocker
08-13-2010, 09:14 PM
I thought I read Saric was training now? Is that true? I'd love to see us get some bodies back... Harden too.

LesH
08-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to pass on some information that I found out yesterday regarding Chad and Snatos.

Chad is expected to miss three weeks with a slightly pulled hamstring. He did not train with the team. He was getting treatment.

Santos did some light training with the squad, he wants to play next week, but from my understanding he will be out at least two more according to my source.

This is horrible news for TFC.
With both these guys out the attack has lost 75% of it's power. :facepalm:

Pachuco
08-15-2010, 09:07 PM
well...unfortunately this happens to most teams in the MLS once a year. either because of injuries or international duty it's not rare to miss 5 players at some point in the season. This is where TFC shows what it's made of. It's sink or swim time for the fringe players on this team.

James17930
08-15-2010, 09:52 PM
I'd rather see DeRo & Mista play off OBW and play a Christmas tree formation with Labrocca-JDG-Peterson in the next line

something like

----------Frei-------------
Gargan-Nana-Cann-Garcia
--Peterson-JDG-Labrocca--
--------DeRo-Mista--------
-----------OBW-----------

considering all the injuries:
Saric
Maicon
Barrett
Sanyang
Harden
(Gomez)

yuk that really hurts when you look at this way

That's pretty good -- and probably our only real option.

And guys -- I'm thinking Peterson and Mista -- have to both step up and put in 90 minutes.

Heart of Stone
08-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Will be great to have Gargan back.

maninb
08-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Sorry but I'd rather TANK the CCL game tomorrow and be stronger for Saturday....we lose the NYRB and we drop to 11th in all probability..aka NO PLAYOFFS...

Fort York Redcoat
08-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Sorry but I'd rather TANK the CCL game tomorrow and be stronger for Saturday....we lose the NYRB and we drop to 11th in all probability..aka NO PLAYOFFS...

No thank you. I'd rather miss playoffs.

and the T word is reserved for another team in the city..

maninb
08-16-2010, 09:49 AM
^ We've got a better chance of making the playoffs than advancing in the CCL....

AL-MO
08-16-2010, 09:52 AM
I don't want to be embarrassed by Cruz Azul. They may do it anyway, but I don't want to tank that game!

razor787
08-16-2010, 09:53 AM
I disagree. If we focus on the CCL we can beat RSL and Panama, which would give us the #2 spot. That would get us into the Club world cup, which is just what this club needs.

Qualifying for that possesses much more prestige then qualifying for the MLS playoffs IMO.

AL-MO
08-16-2010, 09:57 AM
I disagree. If we focus on the CCL we can beat RSL and Panama, which would give us the #2 spot. That would get us into the Club world cup, which is just what this club needs.

Qualifying for that possesses much more prestige then qualifying for the MLS playoffs IMO.

We have to win the CCL to get into the Club World Cup. By finishing 2nd in the group we just advance farther in the CCL.

razor787
08-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Sorry, your right. Early morning :P

But either way you look at it, the CCL carries more international prestige then the playoffs do.

I dont think toronto would make it to the finals in the playoffs. Just being in the playoffs to me, means nothing unless you have a shot at going deep.

Being in the CCL, we can feed off weaker teams, and advance ourselves in deeper, which would get us a bit of recognition.

TFCtoMUFC
08-16-2010, 10:19 AM
I'd rather go deep in the CCL and get a decent draft pick.

Shway
08-16-2010, 11:11 AM
2-0 TFC Final!

Dero gets the opener,
De Guzman scores his first TFC goal ever

:flare::scarf::flare::scarf::flare::scarf::flare:
:scarf: :drum: :scarf: :drum: :scarf: :drum:

...optomistic much.......well all of this were going to loose stuff made me do this!!!!

TFC FOR LIFE!

maninb
08-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Columbus went reasonably deep in the CCL, and got ZERO recognition...Unless you win the thing (virtually IMPOSSIBLE for TFC at this point), then IMO it's of no consequence...so i stand by my point of TFC making the playoffs and having a run at the title being of greater importance...

razor787
08-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Thing is, nobody would care about C-bus even if they won the MLS Cup. :D

CanadaLFC
08-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Columbus went reasonably deep in the CCL, and got ZERO recognition...Unless you win the thing (virtually IMPOSSIBLE for TFC at this point), then IMO it's of no consequence...so i stand by my point of TFC making the playoffs and having a run at the title being of greater importance...

So how do you explain Montreal going deep and getting A LOT of recognition?

Tommorow's match is one of the most important we will ever play. Im not saying this competition is more important than MLS, but it is of equal value.

Good run in the CCL means more recognition globally and better coefficients for canadian clubs to compete globally.

These actually feels like a "football match" as opposed to a "soccer game" without all the gimmicks of the MLS. Hopefully we dont embarass ourselves by adding on esquire extra-time

razor787
08-16-2010, 11:41 AM
I completely agree. If we end up beating these guys, and if we make it past this stage, then I believe we can call this season a success. The compition here isnt easy, and the farther we get, the more recognition we get, and the better things get for Canadian Football.

rocker
08-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Thing is, nobody would care about C-bus even if they won the MLS Cup. :D

Columbus WON the MLS Cup and nobody in COLUMBUS gave a shit. hahaha.

Pachuco
08-16-2010, 12:08 PM
So how do you explain Montreal going deep and getting A LOT of recognition?

Tommorow's match is one of the most important we will ever play. Im not saying this competition is more important than MLS, but it is of equal value.

Good run in the CCL means more recognition globally and better coefficients for canadian clubs to compete globally.

These actually feels like a "football match" as opposed to a "soccer game" without all the gimmicks of the MLS. Hopefully we dont embarass ourselves by adding on esquire extra-time

But did Montreal get any recognition globally? does a ManU fan in England know who Montreal is now becaues they lost in the semi's of the Concacaf? of course not. Only way you are going to make the recognition global is if you participate in the club world cup. Anything other then that and the recognition is limited to Concacaf.

Yohan
08-16-2010, 12:10 PM

globally? srsly?

do you really think the rest of the world except maybe couple of people in NA give a damn about CCL?

razor787
08-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Yes they do as a matter of fact. A buddy of mine, who lives in the UK had told me he was shocked a canadian club had gotten so far in the CCF. It is a cup compition. It may not have the coverage of the european one does, but on a global scale, people pay attention to it.

CanadaLFC
08-16-2010, 12:24 PM
globally? srsly?

do you really think the rest of the world except maybe couple of people in NA give a damn about CCL?

They may not give a damn about it, but they certainly know that it exists.

If we stop knit-picking for a sec, competing in regional competition DOES raise the profile of the club since we're not just limited to USA/Can.

P-NUTZ
08-16-2010, 12:45 PM
regardless we are in serious trouble losing those two guys (barrett & maicon) and having folks like saric not avail.

They win tomorrow and/or saturday without these guys and i will be completely amazed.

Peterson/Ibrahim/Garcia/ are simply not that good to be called valuable depth, and Sanyang/OBW simply not starters...academy call-up time if you ask me. Time for some gambles. See if someone new can step up and shine.

razor787
08-16-2010, 12:49 PM
If we sign Lindsay/Henry to a MLS contract, are we able to loan them back to the academy, when we arent using them? I would love to sign them, but I think it would be benificial if they stay in the academy for the time being.

Pachuco
08-16-2010, 12:51 PM
If we sign Lindsay/Henry to a MLS contract, are we able to loan them back to the academy, when we arent using them? I would love to sign them, but I think it would be benificial if they stay in the academy for the time being.

Pretty sure Milos Kocic is signed by TFC and on loan to the TFC academy so I don't see why not.

razor787
08-16-2010, 12:54 PM
He is on loan to the serbian white eagles. But my concern, is I dont know if it is against the FIFA laws for a team to sign someone, only to loan him back to the team he was purchased from.

Oldtimer
08-16-2010, 12:55 PM
He is on loan to the serbian white eagles. But my concern, is I dont know if it is against the FIFA laws for a team to sign someone, only to loan him back to the team he was purchased from.

It's not AFAIK.

FIFA does have a rule that a player cannot play for more than 2 different clubs in the same league in the same season.

razor787
08-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Him being loaned back to the academy sounds like it would be against the FIFA rules. Allowing that would be allowing way much weird shit to happen. I will try finding a ruling on it, but I doubt it would be allowed.

P-NUTZ
08-16-2010, 01:06 PM
well somebody better come from somewhere and step up. cause the mid or forward bench wont likely do it.

ManUtd4ever
08-16-2010, 01:09 PM
I am beyond disappointed that TFC will have to make due without their top 2 strikers in Barrett and Santos for the next 2-3 weeks. I agree that Mista should now be given a shot at CF with DeRo and White up front and let's hope that this team can find a way to generate some offense the next few games. Realistically though, with key injuries and the lack of an impact signing on the wings during the transfer window, I think our CCL and MLS playoff hopes have taken a lethal blow. I hope I'm proven wrong...

P-NUTZ
08-16-2010, 01:11 PM
__________OBW(barf)____Dero_________
Labrocca____Nane_____JDG_____Gargan
Latvian_____Cann_____Nana_____Usanov
_____________FREI_________________

or at half...

__________anyone____Dero_________
Labrocca____Mista_____JDG_____Gargan

yikes...

razor787
08-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Him being loaned back to the academy sounds like it would be against the FIFA rules. Allowing that would be allowing way much weird shit to happen. I will try finding a ruling on it, but I doubt it would be allowed.

Man utd loaned back Chris Smalling when he was purchased in January. No reason why we couldnt do the same.

Rudi
08-16-2010, 01:23 PM
The Whitecaps did just that a few days ago when they signed Alain Rochat and immediately loaned him back to his old team until January.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-16-2010, 01:24 PM
^ I think it might be more an issue of team policy that FIFA rules, TFC has resisted the temptation to use their senior CSL team as a reserve squad.

razor787
08-16-2010, 01:37 PM
What do you mean they have resisted the temptation? They called up guys for friendlies and CCL games in the past. They have done it before, and they may have to sign them on contracts, to have them play in the MLS.

Shway
08-16-2010, 05:34 PM

They wouldnt have to be loanned back!

If anyone knows about Juan Agudelo Redbulls 18yr prospect. He is signed with the first team, but he played several academy games with the U-18 squad.

The NCAA passed a new rule that allows future student athletes to play alongside the pro's without effecting there eligibility. This means clubs can assess there academy players and see if they are able to make the jump to the pros, or they can still take the college rout. This is the reason why Agudelo has played with the other academy players, because academy players still get to keep their NCAA status.

This new rule that has passed is a blessing for a club like Vancouver.

So i dont think it would be a problem for them to sign them, and for them to play in the academy.

And besides with this vast amount of academy signings going on around the league, there definately seems like the reserve league is comming back.

Brooker
08-16-2010, 05:35 PM
__________Dichio____Dero_________
Labrocca____Nane_____JDG_____Gargan

THROW HIM IN! GO ONNNNNN!!!!

TFC_Central
08-16-2010, 06:29 PM
__________me!____Dero_________
Labrocca____Mista_____JDG_____Gargan

problem solved.
:P....

prizby
08-16-2010, 08:18 PM

lets be honest...who is going to give Shitlumbus any recognition? I sure as hell ain't