PDA

View Full Version : The Long & Winding Road

bgnewf
08-12-2010, 02:50 PM
The Long & Winding Road

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/08/the-long-winding-road/

I try to tackle the enigma that is Toronto FC on the Road. Comments always welcome.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-12-2010, 03:06 PM
we play to freely on the road......Our best road game this year was 0-0 in LA.....i'll take 0-0 on the road anytime....since then preki..has let this team play to open on the road.....

We play every road game as if it was at home....PLay creative at home...shut it down on the road...SIMPLE!

drexel10
08-12-2010, 03:11 PM
we play to freely on the road......Our best road game this year was 0-0 in LA.....i'll take 0-0 on the road anytime....since then preki..has let this team play to open on the road.....

We play every road game as if it was at home....PLay creative at home...shut it down on the road...SIMPLE!

Funny you brought up the LA game (we were lucky at the end), because I think we were better in KC and New Jersey, but rather unfortunate.

bgnewf
08-12-2010, 03:28 PM
We play too freely on the road......Our best road game this year was 0-0 in LA.....i'll take 0-0 on the road anytime....since then Preki..has let this team play to open on the road.....We play every road game as if it was at home....Play creative at home...shut it down on the road...SIMPLE!

LA was an unexpected result and yes I have to agree that TFC played well to get that point. However that game has been a rare bright spot. Even when trying to "shut it down on the road" we do not tactically know how to do it consistently nor do we have the types of players, particularly at fullback that can shut things down on anything more than an occasional basis.

There is a reason why TFC leads the league in conceding corners, it is because our fullbacks can't close guys down and we condequently get panicky in our own end, our players worst traits get exploited and we concede. That gpal last night was case in point.