PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Thursday,Aug.12

denime
08-12-2010, 05:24 AM
Mornin'

Preki's post game TFC TV (http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=2231)

Toronto FC not so good against Red Bulls (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/james-on-soccer/toronto-fc-not-so-good-against-red-bulls/article1670146/)

No Bull, TFC not up to par (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/08/12/14997501.html)

New York Edges Toronto (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/08/new-york-edges-toronto)

Toronto FC no match for Henry, Red Bulls (http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/846940--toronto-fc-no-match-for-henry-red-bulls)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

CretanBull
08-12-2010, 05:36 AM
Mornin' D & thanks!

London
08-12-2010, 06:07 AM
i feel for the people that go to new york over and over.

it always seems to get ugly when TFC play there

Fort York Redcoat
08-12-2010, 06:14 AM
What like people that keep going to Montreal?:D

London
08-12-2010, 06:17 AM
What like people that keep going to Montreal?:D

on the pitch, the complete opposite:flare::flare::flare::flare:

keem-o-sabi
08-12-2010, 06:25 AM
Lovely Ladies of the Day 1 (http://coedmagazine.com/2010/08/10/miss-coed-bianca-holland/) and 2 (http://coedmagazine.com/2010/08/05/miss-coed-jestina-tran/)

Toronto Gunner
08-12-2010, 06:26 AM
I have a hard time with the overwhelming number of negative articles about last night's game. We had 60% of the possession over all and I think we were the sharper team. All we lacked was a bit of creative spark in the final third. Yes, I realize that's where the goals are scored, but if Pederson, White, Barrett or DeRo had of finished their chances when they were in on net, or if the ref had called just a few of the flagrant fouls against our players in the final third, we could easily have tied or won the match.

Our D did an amazing job at shutting Henry up. Khanji was more of a threat than he was. Being an Arsenal boy, it's really hard to see Henry taking that awful dive, but it shows just how good we played, when one of football's greatest players of the past decade has to cheat to try to beat us.

Just my $0.02.

Technorgasm
08-12-2010, 06:55 AM
that one time shot mises by OBW what hard to take. . . there were 3 such chances.
Hopefully Preki takes the the trianing groud and yells "SHOOT" over and over and over. . again.

just shoot. thank you.

scooter
08-12-2010, 07:11 AM
mornin d

and yes agreed white should have had one and we need to shoot more ffs

gtaguy
08-12-2010, 07:32 AM
I have a hard time with the overwhelming number of negative articles about last night's game. We had 60% of the possession over all and I think we were the sharper team. All we lacked was a bit of creative spark in the final third. Yes, I realize that's where the goals are scored, but if Pederson, White, Barrett or DeRo had of finished their chances when they were in on net, or if the ref had called just a few of the flagrant fouls against our players in the final third, we could easily have tied or won the match.

Our D did an amazing job at shutting Henry up. Khanji was more of a threat than he was. Being an Arsenal boy, it's really hard to see Henry taking that awful dive, but it shows just how good we played, when one of football's greatest players of the past decade has to cheat to try to beat us.

Just my $0.02.

look at our road record and you will understand why all the negativity..

Mark in Ottawa
08-12-2010, 07:41 AM
that one time shot mises by OBW what hard to take. . . there were 3 such chances.
Hopefully Preki takes the the trianing groud and yells "SHOOT" over and over and over. . again.

just shoot. thank you.
Yes... shooting is good but hitting the net is the requirement.
After all they were playing against the second string keeper.

Parkdale
08-12-2010, 08:12 AM
look at our road record and you will understand why all the negativity..

but he's talking about the game we watched, not an overall pattern.

bgnewf
08-12-2010, 10:27 AM

at this stage I find it hard to separate one from the other Mikey!

Only Philly has a worse road record than we do. Securing only 15% of the points on offer on the road this season does not auger well for the run in.

Parkdale
08-12-2010, 10:37 AM
yes, it's hard to separate the two, but he did start his post with "I have a hard time with the overwhelming number of negative articles about last night's game."

If we want to talk in broad strokes... we've got 3.5 years of relatively poor games (with a few exceptions) to add into the emotional equation.

C.Ronaldo
08-12-2010, 11:18 AM
if by any magical chance we make it to the finals.....tfc still has to play AWAY for the MLS cup

I dont like the odds

rocker
08-12-2010, 11:23 AM
if by any magical chance we make it to the finals.....tfc still has to play AWAY for the MLS cup

I dont like the odds

not for the final ;)

Dbl_D
08-12-2010, 11:48 AM

“What's with all the negative vibes man?”
Donald Sutherland - Kelly's Heroes:canada:

exactly way to much negativity, although it seems maybe I must have been watching a completely different game (view'd through my TFC red glasses).

I thought the showing was great by the boyz... lots of ball control (stats prove it)... I think the assessments on the players were correct, lb and u'sov played particularly poor (de guz :facepalm: ).. alot of rushed passes and garcia passing to the opposing team, which is sad because if he could just make these passes he'd be our best winger... definitely drops the ball into the front better than anyone else back there...

why does dero play forward when we've had such great success with obw and barrett earlier... I thought for sure they'd start with Santos out...

basically i think the sh*t bulls had the ball bounce the right way on 'the cheaters' tenacity, good pass , great lob and a nice shot to score. Other than that nothing too difficult for the D to handle.

But definitely need to pick it up on the road especially with the ties at home...

Carts
08-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Complaining about negative articles after a loss - c'mon folks we live in Toronto, that is our media...

I have a feeling, that if no articles were printed, people would be complaining about the lack of media coverage...

You can't have your cake and eat it to...

If you want to be excepted in the media, and in the general population as one of Toronto's professional sports franchises, you need to accept the critism that will come...

Justifying it by saying its only "about last nights game" is rediculous. Toronto teams could win 10-straight, then lose a one-goal game while being screwed by the ref, and some Toronto writers would slam the team by picking out one bad play, or one bad trend...

Carts...

PS: and if you think its bad here - support a New York team. The Yankees are slammed on almost a daily basis for not winning enough world series titles, not being undefeated etc etc etc... Critism comes with being a major sports franchise in a major city...

dantdot
08-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Little love for Toronto FC on television -- yet

http://thestar.blogs.com/sportsmedia/2010/08/here-are-the-most-watched-sports-events-on-english-language-television-over-the-weekend-according-to-bbm-canada-overnight-ra.html

Super
08-12-2010, 12:51 PM

http://thestar.blogs.com/sportsmedia/2010/08/here-are-the-most-watched-sports-events-on-english-language-television-over-the-weekend-according-to-bbm-canada-overnight-ra.html

To be honest, I hope that CBC will cut TFC in the near future. I'm tired of CBC deciding game times, and since few watch the games anyway, then what is the point? Air TFC on GolTV, and let's have all night games - please!

Oldtimer
08-12-2010, 12:52 PM
I want the CBC to keep up their coverage.

It gives the club national exposure.

Super
08-12-2010, 12:56 PM
I want the CBC to keep up their coverage.

It gives the club national exposure.

So we have to play our summer games in the brutal heat, some times at noon even, so people in BC and Nova Scotia can watch our games? Those early game times HURT our product. Night games are always better - faster paced, more exciting, and the atmosphere is infinitely better.

Seriously, we as TFC supporters should ask ourselves this question. What's the point? They're not pumping money into the club, giving us more money to spend on players, etc.. MLSE is already making a ton of cash on the club as it is - so it's not like we need national TV to survive. And certainly the TV ratings hurt more than help - they are an embarrassment. I don't know, I just fail to see how we as supporters should be happy with the early start times during the summer when it hurts the product.

Wull
08-12-2010, 01:02 PM
I'd rather we had all 4pm games on Saturdays regardless of who is broadcasting it. Not a fan of night games, especially mid-week ones

Carts
08-12-2010, 01:03 PM
So we have to play our summer games in the brutal heat, some times at noon even, so people in BC and Nova Scotia can watch our games? Those early game times HURT our product. Night games are always better - faster paced, more exciting, and the atmosphere is infinitely better.

Seriously, we as TFC supporters should ask ourselves this question. What's the point? They're not pumping money into the club, giving us more money to spend on players, etc.. MLSE is already making a ton of cash on the club as it is - so it's not like we need national TV to survive. And certainly the TV ratings hurt more than help - they are an embarrassment. I don't know, I just fail to see how we as supporters should be happy with the early start times during the summer when it hurts the product.

I think there is an easy compromise that would make a large majority happy (TV, TFC players, Fans, and even including you too :) )...

CBC keeps the MLS to give TFC (& Van, MTL when in) national exposure...

CBC sets afternoon game times in April/May/early June (during NHL)...

CBC sets night game times in late June/July/August/Sept (during non-NHL)...

Spring & Fall - CBC gets NHL at night, TFC play during the day when the weather is cooler...

Mid Summer Months - TFC play at night instead of the smoking hot midday summer heat...

Fans in Canada will always have a 'Saturday Night Sporting Event' on CBC...

I think this is the perfect way to do it. Best of both worlds...

Carts...

Super
08-12-2010, 01:06 PM
I think there is an easy compromise that would make a large majority happy (TV, TFC players, Fans, and even including you too :) )...

CBC keeps the MLS to give TFC (& Van, MTL when in) national exposure...

CBC sets afternoon game times in April/May/early June (during NHL)...

CBC sets night game times in late June/July/August/Sept (during non-NHL)...

Spring & Fall - CBC gets NHL at night, TFC play during the day when the weather is cooler...

Mid Summer Months - TFC play at night when instead of the smoking hot midday summer heat...

Fans in Canada will always have a 'Saturday Night Sporting Event' on CBC...

I think this is the perfect way to do it. Best of both worlds...

Carts...

Yes, this would definitely make me happy. I think it's important that we focus on the product and protect it - and those afternoon games in the middle of summer are just brutal. The play on the field is effected by the heat, and so is obviously the atmosphere. I hope your idea above becomes a reality some day.

Redcoe15
08-12-2010, 01:12 PM

Come back later on to this site. You'll come across a doofus poster named Rick Grace who thinks only "Canadian" sports are what Canadians should be watching. He once thought soccer would be more interesting if it adopted hockey's rules.

tfcmanu
08-12-2010, 01:17 PM
... but Toronto complains about the refs

HARRISON, N.J. -- Don't expect Toronto FC to include referee Ricardo Salazara and his officiating crew on its Christmas card list this year.

After the Red Bulls eked out a 1-0 win over their Eastern Conference rivals Wednesday, Toronto coach Preki and defender Adrian Cann complained about the officiating.

"I was so frustrated because I reallly don't want to sound like a crybaby, but we couldn't really get a call," he said. "Honestly, the referee after Julian De Guzman gets fouled five times on the touchline and then he calls a foul against [De Guzman]."

Officially, De Guzman committed four fouls and suffered two.

"He [Salazar] tells me we haven't deserved a foul all game. So I just shook my head and walked away because that's disappointing."

McCann had similar sentiments.

"I went up for a header and as I went up, I got a forearm in the back," he said. "The referee let that one go and then two players later, we get knocked down, another fou. And he lets that go as well. It's unfair."

Darlofletch
08-12-2010, 02:00 PM
McCann?

JonO
08-12-2010, 02:51 PM
^ Doesn't he make the Super Spirals?