PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Emmanuel Gomez??

Stryker
08-10-2010, 10:15 PM
I know he had a major knee injury but any news on how he's progressing?
I honestly thought he was every bit as good as Attakora last year. He made some rookie mistakes but he had huge potential.
If he was to come back and play as well as he had been I'd almost be tempted to play a 3-5-2 in some games if I was Preki.

.....Gomez......Attakora......Cann......
..................De Guzman.................
Gargan............................Labrocca
...........Mista...........DeRosario........
...........Maicon........Barrett............

TFCRegina
08-10-2010, 10:38 PM
He'll be gone at the end of the season. And NO to 3-5-2...

It's tactically deficient and leaves a team weak on the wings open to attack at the back...we're super weak on the wings. Bad idea.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-11-2010, 01:35 AM
I thought there was some MLS rule that gave some cap and or roster relief in this situation. TFC could most definitely use another healthy body or two.

Dub Narcotic
08-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Why do you say Gomez is going to be released? TFC has no depth at CB right now, I think a healthy Gomez would be a great addition next year to the rotation.

twistedchinaman
08-11-2010, 02:27 AM
I thought there was some MLS rule that gave some cap and or roster relief in this situation. TFC could most definitely use another healthy body or two.

The reason why the Red Craps could have room to bring in Handball Henry was b/c Sassano had a season-ending injury (surgery on knees, I believe?). If Gomez is gone for the balance of the season, we could theoretically do the same thing.

daner90
08-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Gomez is definitley the better of the Gambians, I really enjoyed watching him play last year and hope he is a Red once he is healthy

Ossington Mental Youth
08-11-2010, 08:14 AM
i honestly cant remember if this kid is any good its been that long

ManUtd4ever
08-11-2010, 08:22 AM
If Gomez can eventually rediscover his previous form he would undoubtedly be the number one option at LB for this club despite the improved play of Mr. Garcia...

Yohan
08-11-2010, 08:47 AM
If Gomez can eventually rediscover his previous form he would undoubtedly be the number one option at LB for this club despite the improved play of Mr. Garcia...
uh. Gomez is CB. I dont think he ever played fullback

ManUtd4ever
08-11-2010, 08:52 AM
uh. Gomez is CB. I dont think he ever played fullback

Actually he played a couple of games at LB for us last year and looked good there. I don't see Cann or Nana moving to fullback if Gomez comes back so that would be the logical move IMO...

Ossington Mental Youth
08-11-2010, 09:00 AM
hes young tho so he might just remain back up until cann retires or slows down etc

FootieChick
08-11-2010, 09:44 AM
I spoke with Gomez, he's out for the year... he's doing physio on his knee like 5 days a week. But he's still in good spirits and can't wait to come back :)

TFCtoMUFC
08-11-2010, 10:07 AM
He was putting some great cross field passes right on DeRo's feet at the end of last year. If I recall correctly he had one great ball that resulted in a goal.

T_Mizz
08-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Actually he played a couple of games at LB for us last year and looked good there. I don't see Cann or Nana moving to fullback if Gomez comes back so that would be the logical move IMO...
I recall him being similar to Nana in that his two prefered positions were CB and RB

maninb
08-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Gomez is definitley the better of the Gambians, I really enjoyed watching him play last year and hope he is a Red once he is healthy

Ummmmmm dude....Gomez IS ONE OF THE GAMBIANS....from what I remember he did more harm than good...very similar to Sanyang...

maninb
08-11-2010, 11:18 AM
^ Yikes....misread the post...my bad....

ag futbol
08-11-2010, 01:35 PM
It's tactically deficient and leaves a team weak on the wings open to attack at the back...we're super weak on the wings. Bad idea.
Well it's basically how you can structure yourself if you feel you're a cut above the competition talent wise and you have plenty of attacking muscle going forward. That's going to be hard to pull off in MLS given all the parity.

I wouldn't say it's tactically deficient though....