PDA

View Full Version : Preki or Mo - who was a better player?

Heart of Stone
08-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Preki going into the U.S. hall ... Mo already in Scottish hall ... in their respective primes, who was a better player?

Off-day hypothetical: If you could add Preki in his prime or Mo in his prime to the current TFC squad which would you choose?

TFCRegina
08-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Preki going into the U.S. hall ... Mo already in Scottish hall ... in their respective primes, who was a better player?

Off-day hypothetical: If you could add Preki in his prime or Mo in his prime to the current TFC squad which would you choose?

Mo, because that would mean he's no longer director of soccer.

And who was better? No idea.

Whoop
08-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Mo has the better pedigree. He played for the bigger clubs.

Though if Preki had stayed in Europe instead of playing indoor, you never know.

arbogast
08-10-2010, 11:39 AM
I hate to say it but....MoJo.

I agree with the above statements that Mo played for bigger clubs and at a higher level. Preki only got a sniff of of Div1 with the Toffees, and Div 2 with Pompey then spent the rest of his career over here playing indoors or in MLS.

ManUtd4ever
08-10-2010, 11:46 AM
MoJo was definitely a better player in his prime. Preki is definitely a better manager...

Heart of Stone
08-10-2010, 03:31 PM
What about internationally? Preki scored big goals for the U.S. including a strike against Brazil in the Gold Cup ... Mo scored a handful of decent goals for Scotland mostly at Glasgow...

Mo was once dubbed the "jackie robinson" of football for playing for Rangers... received death threats ...

Preki left war-torn Yugoslavia for a better life in the U.S.A...

[NBF]
08-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Its Mo hands down, cant you tell by how the guy thinks he's better than anyone around him?

MG42
08-10-2010, 09:45 PM
a friend at work played with Preki in Tacoma and said he was lights out fast ...but I imagine MoJo gets the nod lol

drexel10
08-10-2010, 10:10 PM
A bit hard to compare because Preki was coming up in the Red Star system that produced a European Championship team. Mo had some good success, but they were also different style players. Mo was a fast striker who scored more goals and preki very technical and crafty.

Brooker
08-11-2010, 03:04 AM
I've never seen any of them play other than youtube videos and never watched MLS before TFC. Wasn't even born when Johnston joined Celtic. I'm 24.

Hard to compare when they don't play the same position.... but I'd choose MoJo on my team. Even though I know we need a winger, we could use Mo's strike rate more!

ensco
08-11-2010, 08:19 AM
I'd take the 26 year old Preki over the 26 year old Mo. Just a hunch.

Mo was good, but he never broke out of Scotland, really.

Preki defected and had to play MISL. FIFA plutocrats wouldn't stand up to dictators, what a shock, so he couldn't play in a FIFA league. It's impossible to say what might have been for him.

But that Red Star Belgrade was one of the top 10 teams in the world at the time. They won their league almost every year in that era, and that was a tougher league than the SPL. They won the Euro Cup in 1991 (and were a factor almost every year between 1985-1990). There is a long list of players on that team went on to have huge careers at big clubs - Prosinecki at Real Madrid, Savicevic at AC Milan, Mihajlovic at Roma/Lazio, Jugovic at Juventus...