PDA

View Full Version : Pregame: Toronto FC vs. New York Red Bulls (August 11th)

Nuvinho
08-08-2010, 08:09 PM
So the Red Bulls will be without 5 players due to international duty.

Sutton probably starting, no Marquez, Lindpere, and Miller I think.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1508360

Nuvinho
08-08-2010, 08:17 PM
speculation on the 5 guys that may miss the game:

We've heard the reports (http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/soccerblog/red_bull_notes_eU8rm01pal7vwd3LCiYqeL) already that Red Bulls' goalkeeper, Bouna Coundoul, was called up to the Senegalese national team on the next FIFA International date, August 11. It has also been confirmed that our newest signing, Rafa Márquez, will be playing for the Mexican side against Spain that day.

Now, head coach Hans Backe has said we will be without five players (http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/news/2010/08/m%C3%A1rquez-could-make-rbny-debut-chicago) for the Toronto match on August 11. “We will be shorthanded probably with five players against Toronto [Aug. 11] and we will have exhausted players against the Galaxy [Aug. 14] with players coming from Paraguay and Estonia,” Backe said. “I’m a little frustrated by that. I don’t see how that can be fair.”

While no other names are named, a little investigation on the interwebs has helped me to draw reasonable conclusions. First off, Backe says that a player will be returning from Estonia. Clearly that is Joel Lindpere (pictured), who already has 74 caps and 5 goals for his country. They are beginning their Euro 2012 qualification on August 11 against Faroe Islands.

Coach Backe also mentioned a player returning from Paraguay. As it turns out, Costa Rica is playing a friendly in Paraguay, which leads me to believe that Roy Miller has gotten a call. He's been capped 14 times, including in both of Costa Rica's World Cup playoff matches against Uruguay.

Finally, this story appeared in the Trinidad Express (http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/99918094.html) newspaper today, confirming that Dane Richards has been called up for Jamaica's friendly and Carribean Cup tune-up against Trinidad and Tobago.

Torontotonto
08-08-2010, 08:27 PM
So the Red Bulls will be without 5 players due to international duty.

Sutton probably starting, no Marquez, Lindpere, and Miller I think.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1508360

That's the best news I heard today.
F the Shitbulls, can't wait till Wednesday...

:scarf::flare::drum::flare::scarf:

Shakes McQueen
08-08-2010, 08:44 PM
I will be content with a draw, and thrilled with a win from this game. Marquez or not, they are still going to be packing two of the best strikers in the league up front.

- Scott

rocker
08-08-2010, 08:55 PM
What's up with Carl Robinson? he still injured? It'd be interesting to see Carl and Sutts out there.

Shakes McQueen
08-08-2010, 09:01 PM
HENRY JUST GOT INJURED!!!!!

- Scott

Kaz
08-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Well this will be a nice birthday present if we can pick up a win on wednesday :)

rocker
08-08-2010, 09:26 PM
It's nice that TFC has an extra day of rest on the Bulls before this game.
And NY has to play Saturday, so they'll be a little more tired and also trying to balance playing time between this game and the one on Sat.

Yagbod
08-08-2010, 10:17 PM
^ good points.

:scarf:

Red CB Toronto
08-08-2010, 10:56 PM
I am looking forward to attending this game Wednesday night, it will be great to see the new Red Bull Arena while cheering on the Reds to victory.

The Reds will have to be strong on the back four, keeping JPA and Henry in check. Three points would be huge and I truly believe they have a great chance to get them.

Keystone FC
08-09-2010, 01:09 AM
HENRY JUST GOT INJURED!!!!!

- Scott
“We should have won the game,” said Henry, who doesn’t expect to miss any time after leaving the game in the 45th minute with a groin injury. “We had chances to win the game, but Chicago and their goalkeeper had a great game.”

BUT

Angel fed Henry on the run, but he got tangled up with a defender in the box and Johnson smothered the ball.
But he tweaked his groin—he left New York’s exhibition against Manchester City with a similar injury—and left in the 45th minute.
“For me, it’s the preseason,” said Henry, who signed with New York on July 14 after being released by Barcelona. “Guys out there are fully fit and it’s not easy to try and get fit. But I’m going to try and do it as fast as I can.”

This is an injury that hasn't fully healed so he may be sidelined for either the 1st or 2nd half of Wednesdays match.

daner90
08-09-2010, 07:44 AM
TFC sits just 2 points back of the Shite Bulls for 2nd place going into this game. I think a tie would be acceptable to keep us in striking distance. That being said I hope Preki does not decide to start the game with a sit back mentality because we have all seen how that works out...

DOMIN8R
08-09-2010, 07:58 AM
I agree. We need to come out guns a blazing fro this game.

Something like this might be the right formation.

-------------Frei----------------
Usinov--Nana--Cann--Garcia
-------------JDG----------------
Peterson----------------Labrocca
-------------De Ro-----------
--Barrett--------------Santos--

Wooster_TFC
08-09-2010, 09:11 AM
I'd go with this:

Usanov--Nana--Cann--Garcia
-------------Nane----------------
JDG--------------------Labrocca

Section225
08-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Garcia defending Kandji -> a scary thought!

:facepalm:

rocker
08-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Garcia defending Kandji -> a scary thought!

:facepalm:

don't worry, Kandji will miss the shot, as he did last night. :)

Wooster_TFC
08-09-2010, 09:14 AM
don't worry, Kandji will miss the shot, as he did last night. :)

That, and Hscanovic guarding Kandji is a scarier thought.

Gazza
08-09-2010, 09:26 AM
"HENRY JUST GOT INJURED!!!!!"

- Scott

As long as he can still use his hand, he's good to go. Read: bitter irishman.

ManUtd4ever
08-09-2010, 09:29 AM
My expectations for a result at Red Bull Park just increased substantially with the NY roster update. However, if the moribund squad that showed up in Philly or KC rears it's ugly head again we could be in for a long night on Wednesday. If Preki is to be recognized as a great manager rather than just a competent manager, he must guide this club to respectability on the road...

mastermixer
08-09-2010, 10:27 AM
What's the deal with Mista? TFC brought him in with a bunch of fanfare and no one is even discussing him as a starter on this team anymore... He's made some decent passes here and there but he just looks slow as molasses when he runs.

Oldtimer
08-09-2010, 10:31 AM
What's the deal with Mista? TFC brought him in with a bunch of fanfare and no one is even discussing him as a starter on this team anymore... He's made some decent passes here and there but he just looks slow as molasses when he runs.

He's not match fit. Hopefully he'll be contributing more in a few weeks. If not, his contract only runs to the end of the season.

DoubleUp
08-09-2010, 10:34 AM

with the new developments I dont think he's the right fit at his pricetag.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-09-2010, 10:46 AM
we were in the same boat vs LA during WC qualies...think it was 5 starters for us...

F'em....Blame MLS if anything.......international dates should be honored!

daner90
08-09-2010, 10:56 AM

I actually hope they start him between Barrett and Santos (if healthy).
It seems to me that Mista is someone we can trust to take a pass up front and then make a quality play towards goal. If he can play in front of and link up with Dero they could be a deadly combo in terms of creating great chances....of course this is based on a few brilliant flashes so far

dupont
08-09-2010, 11:25 AM
I hope we play top heavy in this match. There is no point to sit back in the slightest because when we do that we are basically giving away the three points.
We still might lose if we play an offensive style but at least we have some sort of a chance if we try it.
A fluke early lead could really be what TFC could use to finally get some road points.

TFC_Junky
08-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Maicon sat out of practice today and will likely miss the NY game. Time for Mista to step up!

Pachuco
08-09-2010, 12:05 PM
I hope we play top heavy in this match. There is no point to sit back in the slightest because when we do that we are basically giving away the three points.
We still might lose if we play an offensive style but at least we have some sort of a chance if we try it.
A fluke early lead could really be what TFC could use to finally get some road points.

Agreed: There is no doubt in my mind we have to go out attacking in this game. Without Marquez in the DM role, NY's weakest link is their defense. You can't possibly think you are going to sit back against Henry and Angel and that you'll be able to contain them. So long as the ball is on the NY side of the field those guys can't make an impact. As soon as we sit back we are toast. If we play 1 striker in this game I will turn the television off and say good night.

ManUtd4ever
08-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Agreed: There is no doubt in my mind we have to go out attacking in this game. Without Marquez in the DM role, NY's weakest link is their defense. You can't possibly think you are going to sit back against Henry and Angel and that you'll be able to contain them. So long as the ball is on the NY side of the field those guys can't make an impact. As soon as we sit back we are toast. If we play 1 striker in this game I will turn the television off and say good night.

I hope this isn't the case yet again. My only complaint about Preki has been his maddening change in philosophy on the road. Start the match with one striker up front and then make adjustments at half time. It's no wonder TFC are world beaters at home and beat themselves on the road. Let's see what happens if we go for the jugular on the road the rest of the way, please!!!!!

Carts
08-09-2010, 12:37 PM

I agree...

I'm always for 'trying to win' over 'playing not to lose' in a league match like this...

If we sit back, poor Frei will be under seige and even if he has the best game of his career won't be able to keep the clean sheet...

Carts...

Derko
08-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Attack,Attack,Attack

Heart of Stone
08-09-2010, 03:38 PM
No Gargan + No Santos = No Win

DangerRed
08-09-2010, 03:46 PM
^looking like Maicon's out for sure:

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/08/maicon-miss-wednesday-match

Azerban
08-09-2010, 03:46 PM
yeah i can't see this being anything other than a frustrating 2-0 loss

twistedchinaman
08-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Better we attack them, then to sit back at home. I say we can do it.

TFC 2-0 NYRCraps

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

twistedchinaman
08-09-2010, 04:39 PM
No Gargan + No Santos = No Win

There's still CanNana.

And yes, I want to see the Mista that has buried some of Europe's top teams.

VAMOS MISTA! :scarf:

Yohan
08-09-2010, 10:01 PM
has TFC ever win in NY yet? i remember some of TFC's worst losses at NY... though this was at giants stadium

colman1860
08-09-2010, 10:10 PM
We won 3-1 in Guevara's first game back there I believe

rocker
08-09-2010, 10:16 PM
games at Giants stadium were always a joke. you could never really tell what bounce you were gonna get on that god awful field turf. And the field was so small.
and those LINES... I still have nightmares about those.

I actually think Red Bull Arena evens the playing field (literally) by having grass and a regulation pitch.

twistedchinaman
08-09-2010, 10:22 PM

:puke:

Oh, thanks a lot...now I'm going to have those nightmares about the lines coming off the pitch and eating us again...

:lol:

Oldtimer
08-10-2010, 07:36 AM
games at Giants stadium were always a joke. you could never really tell what bounce you were gonna get on that god awful field turf. And the field was so small.

+1

Add all the echos in that empty stadium... it was something else.

koryo
08-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Okay, we've two against the Jersey Shite Cows in a short space. I'm thinking that if we do anything less than a draw on the road and a win at home, then the league is done for us.

These games are the very definition of "six-pointers".

McBrace
08-10-2010, 08:21 AM
I wouldn't say its done, but we once again will make it very difficult on ourselves.

ManUtd4ever
08-10-2010, 08:36 AM
At the very least, if NY wins at home tomorrow and TFC wins the rematch at BMO field then the Reds will still be in good shape moving forward as they need to distance themselves from the rest of the pack chasing the last few playoff spots. I would take that scenario over two draws against the Shite Bulls...

drexel10
08-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Okay, we've two against the Jersey Shite Cows in a short space. I'm thinking that if we do anything less than a draw on the road and a win at home, then the league is done for us.

Because the 10 remaining games worth 30 points will be irrelevant after that. You also do realize that we can win both and still miss the playoffs?

koryo
08-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Because the 10 remaining games worth 30 points will be irrelevant after that. You also do realize that we can win both and still miss the playoffs?

And I also realize that if we don't do well in these two games against New York then the remaining games will be irrelevant. Please show me where I said in my previous post that doing well in the next two guarantees a post-season spot?

After our home & away with New York we have four league games remaining at home. We have taken a grand total of four points on the road this season to-date. Over-taking New York in the next two games means that a playoff spot is ours to lose, nothing else.

If you're going start acting the twat, then at least fucking read & comprehend first.

drexel10
08-10-2010, 08:54 AM
And I also realize that if we don't do well in these two games against New York then the remaining games will be irrelevant. Please show me where I said in my previous post that doing well in the next two guarantees a post-season spot?

After our home & away with New York we have four league games remaining at home. We have taken a grand total of four points on the road this season to-date. Over-taking New York in the next two games means that a playoff spot is ours to lose, nothing else.

If you're going start acting the twat, then at least fucking read & comprehend first.

you said

"I'm thinking that if we do anything less than a draw on the road and a win at home, then the league is done for us."

So why is the season done? I am acting the twat because you just said our season is done if we don't get 4 points? Did I miss something here?

Brooker
08-10-2010, 09:13 AM
^^ I musta missed something, too.... I read it the same way you did.

McBrace
08-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Can't we have a civil discussion? People have the right to disagree without being called a twat...

The shit I read on this board is amazing...

Boondaddy
08-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Can't we have a civil discussion? People have the right to disagree without being called a twat...

The shit I read on this board is amazing...

chelsea twat.

:D

McBrace
08-10-2010, 09:35 AM
chelsea twat.

:D

SUCK IT BOON!

Boondaddy
08-10-2010, 09:50 AM
I agree though...these next two matches are fricken crucial to our playoff drive.

koryo
08-10-2010, 11:05 AM
you said

"I'm thinking that if we do anything less than a draw on the road and a win at home, then the league is done for us."

So why is the season done? I am acting the twat because you just said our season is done if we don't get 4 points? Did I miss something here?

Jumping down your throat like that was offside, so I want to apologize for it. I should know better.

I believe that if we don't over take NY in the next two games against them, we won't finish second this season, that's all.

I'm taking this board way too seriously. Time for a break.

drexel10
08-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Jumping down your throat like that was offside, so I want to apologize for it. I should know better.

I believe that if we don't over take NY in the next two games against them, we won't finish second this season, that's all.

No worries! I don't take it personally.

DangerRed
08-10-2010, 12:08 PM

Never mind that your two statements don't mean the same thing. They're also each individually indefensible.

Not only can we still qualify for the playoffs if we get nothing out of these next two, but we can also still finish second in what I'm assuming you mean is the Eastern Conference if we don't overtake NYRB here.

Between how mad you just got and how negative your predictions are, you gotta remind yourself it's just the INTERNETZZZORS!!11!!1!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ck30ZT-6gJs/Rw82cYMdtII/AAAAAAAAA6E/ZOMsXRpznlE/s320/mah_internetz.jpg

sulfur
08-10-2010, 12:35 PM
The big issue with the playoffs is that the West is stronger than the East this year (as usual of late), and if we don't finish 2nd... then there's a damned good chance of missing out on post-season play. Again.

drexel10
08-10-2010, 12:42 PM
The big issue with the playoffs is that the West is stronger than the East this year (as usual of late), and if we don't finish 2nd... then there's a damned good chance of missing out on post-season play. Again.

I think the west was stronger for the first half, but I am predicitng a 4-4 split. clb-nyrb-chi-tor la,rsl,seattle, dallas/col. I think the last spot will go to tfc, and one of dallas or coloado.

P-NUTZ
08-10-2010, 02:26 PM
I saw the NY/CHI game and as much as i hate to say it, NY has tons of speed in the middle and up front that scares me. I hope we can keep some possession otherwise i fear we are watching a game where the ball's only going one way - towards the TFC end!

We can match them well with a healthy squad and possession - but thats the key for me. A real test.

For what it's worth, we play better against better teams.

;)

TFC Cityboy
08-10-2010, 02:58 PM

yeah ya fookin Leeds wanker!!
:)

Gazza
08-10-2010, 03:51 PM
2-1 TFC win on a last minute goal from the half-way line by Nick Garcia...

In all seriousness, this is JDG's moment to shine. Hoping for a win, expecting a draw.

James17930
08-10-2010, 05:57 PM
One word:

Mista.

Another word:

Chad.

Torontotonto
08-10-2010, 06:33 PM
^^ I musta missed something, too.... I read it the same way you did.

Brooker,
You Mista meaned I missed something.
He's going to have to have his best game tomorrow if were going to accomplish anything from this away game.

I say the boys go out in the new NYRB stadium and give it, hopefully Preki will have the proper line-up to do some damage, with Santos and Gargan missing.

Cheers to all you RPB down there, bring it on...

Come on you RED

joel
08-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Are any RPBs going to the game? I live in NYC now, so I'm going to check out the new stadium and watch TFC win ;)

Technorgasm
08-10-2010, 07:13 PM
I know there are a lot fo people that share my centinment. . .

with the pink cows singing everyting in site. they are target No 1.
I fucking hate them
this is like a derby game for me. I am so fucking pumped to see our boys scrape and grind out a result in NY.

and right before the start of the prem?
cant write this shit.
I vow. . . . . . If they win. I will buy every paper and have it on my wall unbtil the swame fixture next year. maybe forever.
THIS is one to win. .and if we do. . . we havre an ENTIRE year to rub it in to those CHARLIE-UNIFORM-NOVEMBER-TANGOS

FUCK THEM. eat shit. . EAT IT ~!!

Montreal was the warm up. . we have thwarted that foe.
now we have the scum in our sites.
BELIEVE !!

Technorgasm
08-10-2010, 07:26 PM
ps. FUCK the pink cows !!

kodiakTFC
08-10-2010, 07:29 PM
will there be a lot of people at Shoeless? I might go there for my first away game with some buddies.

twistedchinaman
08-11-2010, 02:29 AM
2-1 TFC win on a last minute goal from the half-way line by Nick Garcia...

In all seriousness, this is JDG's moment to shine. Hoping for a win, expecting a draw.

I'm personally hoping for a tic-tac-toe goal between JDG-Mista-Barrett.

Now THAT would be classic to see!

twistedchinaman
08-11-2010, 02:47 AM
ps. FUCK the pink cows !!

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000....

anto7
08-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Happy to hear that Dane Richards misses the game, he would have given Garcia fits with his pace

daner90
08-11-2010, 07:37 AM
Fuck I have a match of my own tonight and am going to miss watching the game, regardless...

COME ON YOU REDDDDDDDDDDDDDS!!!

DangerRed
08-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Not too optimistic on this one.

JPA and Henry will cause hell for our backline and their midfield is pretty damn serviceable, which means the forwards will have plenty of fodder even though Rafa "laser pass" Marquez is not playing.

Expecting a loss, maybe in the 3-1 range, but hoping for a 1-1 or 2-2 draw.

Outside scenario: TFC, enraged by last season's 5-0 trouncing and the 4-0 beating in preseason this year suffered at the hands of the NYRB, rallies around Barrett's hot streak for a 1-0 victory.

In any case, it's match day, and match day is always a great day.

fetajr
08-11-2010, 08:47 AM
we're fucked if Preki goes into this game with a try not to lose formation/lineup.

our 1-6-1 road record says it all.

play this one like we do in BMO

sampace
08-11-2010, 09:12 AM
I have a feeling JDG will score a hat trick in this game!

dal524
08-11-2010, 09:15 AM
is it true gol tv has a free preview going on right now? i read somewhere setanta is offering a free preview starting on the 13th.

dal524
08-11-2010, 09:17 AM
pretty sure it isnt i just checked rogers site but setanta one is legit.

Pyeddo
08-11-2010, 09:20 AM
It'll be on 501 (HD) for free to Roger's customers tonight

dal524
08-11-2010, 09:21 AM
YES!

bigtfcfan
08-11-2010, 09:30 AM
I would like to see Mista play at least 70 minutes.

drexel10
08-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Anybody aware of any TFC freindly establishments to watch the game tonight, on the danforth bloor line from woodbine to st. george area. Any help would be appreciated?

FootieChick
08-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Are any RPBs going to the game? I live in NYC now, so I'm going to check out the new stadium and watch TFC win ;)

My dad is going to be there - Cementhead and Pukduck (Kevin). KD is going to be there as well Shauno from NEE... I'm not sure who else.

FootieChick
08-11-2010, 10:44 AM
will there be a lot of people at Shoeless? I might go there for my first away game with some buddies.

Elliot (peterboroughtfcfan - RPB) and I are going :scarf:

Gazza
08-11-2010, 10:51 AM
I know there are a lot fo people that share my centinment. . .

with the pink cows singing everyting in site. they are target No 1.
I fucking hate them
this is like a derby game for me. I am so fucking pumped to see our boys scrape and grind out a result in NY.

and right before the start of the prem?
cant write this shit.
I vow. . . . . . If they win. I will buy every paper and have it on my wall unbtil the swame fixture next year. maybe forever.
THIS is one to win. .and if we do. . . we havre an ENTIRE year to rub it in to those CHARLIE-UNIFORM-NOVEMBER-TANGOS

FUCK THEM. eat shit. . EAT IT ~!!

Montreal was the warm up. . we have thwarted that foe.
now we have the scum in our sites.
BELIEVE !!

William Wallace ain't got nothin' on your speeches. Give me something to break!!

Cas87
08-11-2010, 10:53 AM
I agree. We need to come out guns a blazing fro this game.

Something like this might be the right formation.

Usinov--Nana--Cann--Garcia
-------------JDG----------------
Peterson----------------Labrocca

I'd go with this:

Usanov--Nana--Cann--Garcia
-------------Nane----------------
JDG--------------------Labrocca

I honestly want to see this formation for tonight and see how it functions:

--------------- Frei --------------------
Hscanovics -- Nana -- Cann -- Garcia ---
--------------- Nane -------------------
---------------- JDG -------------------
------- Labrocca -------- De Ro --------
------ Barrett ----------- Mista --------

Subs:
OBW for Mista (approx. 70th minute)
Harden for Garcia (approx. 60-65th minute)
Peterson for Nane (approx. 80th minute)

TFC Tifoso
08-11-2010, 10:56 AM
My dad is going to be there - Cementhead and Pukduck (Kevin). KD is going to be there as well Shauno from NEE... I'm not sure who else.

pretty sure Shaughno is not NEE, but there are around 15 NEE who have made/are making the trip to NY for this game....

Gazza
08-11-2010, 10:59 AM
I haven't watched any of Henry's games in the MLS so far. What position has he been playing? Wide left? If he was too afraid to venture into the middle in the prem, he'll soon figure out the MLS is no joke in that department either. Would love to see Nana or Cann crunch him one time!

Although if he does attack us wide left, we're in trouble, definitely without Gargan. Hscanovics or Usanov will just be asking for a red card. How about our Henry covering THEIR Henry?;)...i know he's just a kid and made a glaring mistake against Motagua, but he still seems like the better option with Gargan out.

TorCanSoc
08-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Mista's got to score tonight. Pressure's on.

Pachuco
08-11-2010, 11:07 AM
I haven't watched any of Henry's games in the MLS so far. What position has he been playing? Wide left? If he was too afraid to venture into the middle in the prem, he'll soon figure out the MLS is no joke in that department either. Would love to see Nana or Cann crunch him one time!

Although if he does attack us wide left, we're in trouble, definitely without Gargan. Hscanovics or Usanov will just be asking for a red card. How about our Henry covering THEIR Henry?;)...i know he's just a kid and made a glaring mistake against Motagua, but he still seems like the better option with Gargan out.

He's been playing as an all out striker. He and Angel move around quite a bit up there. He looks like a threat everytime he touches the ball. He's setup more goals then he's scored though so really, you need to shut down all of Henry, Angel, Kanji and even Richards when he's on. They can attack from any angle so our left side will be exposed no matter who attacks it.

maninb
08-11-2010, 11:14 AM
"How about our Henry covering THEIR Henry?;)...i know he's just a kid and made a glaring mistake against Motagua, but he still seems like the better option with Gargan out.[/quote]"

You can't be serious asking an 18 year old (Henry) with almosty no experience to go against Thierry Henry? Henry got schooled by Montagua, and clearly isn't ready for the pros yet....sheeesh....Whoever is playing RM will have to track back a lot because with Gargan gone we have nobody capable of covering him one-on-one...

Gazza
08-11-2010, 11:46 AM
He's been playing as an all out striker. He and Angel move around quite a bit up there. He looks like a threat everytime he touches the ball. He's setup more goals then he's scored though so really, you need to shut down all of Henry, Angel, Kanji and even Richards when he's on. They can attack from any angle so our left side will be exposed no matter who attacks it.

Thanks!...Let's hope Henry is in more pain than they're letting on. I'm hoping JDG really get's inspired and is up for this game. We'll need a major stop-gap between their midfielders and strikers.

Gazza
08-11-2010, 11:58 AM
"How about our Henry covering THEIR Henry?;)...i know he's just a kid and made a glaring mistake against Motagua, but he still seems like the better option with Gargan out."

You can't be serious asking an 18 year old (Henry) with almosty no experience to go against Thierry Henry? Henry got schooled by Montagua, and clearly isn't ready for the pros yet....sheeesh....Whoever is playing RM will have to track back a lot because with Gargan gone we have nobody capable of covering him one-on-one...[/quote]

I thought by the wink it was obvious i was at least half-kidding. I guess i should've given you two winks and two nudges. But really, i only say this because i have absolutely no clue what we do against highly skilled offensive teams when a guy like Gargan goes out. Every other option at right back scares me. Especially if Peterson is the winger who'll be back-tracking.

We'll need a total team effort on D tonight. I haven't been this excited for an MLS game in quite some time!

McBrace
08-11-2010, 12:01 PM
pretty sure Shaughno is not NEE, but there are around 15 NEE who have made/are making the trip to NY for this game....

He just might be a Mole! :D

__wowza
08-11-2010, 01:02 PM
anyone from the membership team going to be at joes tonight?

joel
08-11-2010, 01:14 PM

Do you know where they'll be? Who went from NEE?

If anyone can PM me Jay's # that would be great, I played on a lot of Cup tourneys with him.

Joel

McBrace
08-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Jay isn't going to be at the game.. Just talked to him..He can't access the board during the day..LOL...

joel
08-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Boooooo! I'll be on the lookout for NEE's then. I played on their team a couple times too, haha. Cup slut.

McBrace
08-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Boooooo! I'll be on the lookout for NEE's then. I played on their team a couple times too, haha. Cup slut.

It's a NY thing...:hump:

FootieChick
08-11-2010, 02:45 PM
He just might be a Mole! :D

LOL I mean Shaun I can't remember his board name on the NEE board!
My dad calls him Shauno... so I think... either way, you know who I'm talking about :P

cementhead
08-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Look to be around 30 support here for this game.

bgnewf
08-11-2010, 03:28 PM
TFC v Red Bulls Pre Game Notes

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/08/tfc-v-red-bulls-pre-game-notes/

I tee up the TFC v Red Bulls away game this evening in New Jersey. Comments always welcome.

McBrace
08-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Look to be around 30 support here for this game.

Not bad considering its a Wednesday. Make us proud..
:scarf::flare::drum:

Heart of Stone
08-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Not bad considering its a Wednesday. Make us proud..
:scarf::flare::drum:

Totally agreed ... it is with personal sacrifice ... of time and money ... that folks are able to travel to road games ... either by plane, train, or automobile ... have to respect those who do it

canadian_bhoy
08-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Will GolTV be on preview for this - or do you need to be a subscriber?

shwade
08-11-2010, 05:51 PM
It's on 501 HD even without subscription to GolTV

Batman
08-11-2010, 06:00 PM
pre game show now on goltv

dantdot
08-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Usanov for Gargan, Labrocca for Maicon.

profit89
08-11-2010, 06:06 PM
LaBrocca is LaUseless

Chevy
08-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Stadium looks EMPTY.

bgnewf
08-11-2010, 06:26 PM
they have only been averaging less than 17,000 per game. That's about 2/3rd capacity.

ForestGlade
08-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Oh, to see Dichio used on tv without looking like a putz. Poor guy

James17930
08-11-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm picking up the stream from ESPN Europe -- kind of a happy surprise that it's being shown there.

dantdot
08-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Opened up a game thread http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=24105

James17930
08-11-2010, 06:34 PM
But ATDHE.net has the Goaltv stream, thank god. Luke Wileman's not perfect, but he's 232x better than the ESPN people.

Oldtimer
08-11-2010, 06:38 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=24105