PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Prices for CCL games..

ochos
08-03-2010, 09:31 PM
As was mentioned in the post-game thread, the execs at MLSE will be giving each other Dutch Rudders tonight as they'll be looking to charge us 3 arms and several legs as well for tickets to the Cruz Azul game (and I'm usually not a Nancy but we could very well be embarrassed in this one..)

While we have chance - before the ravaging of our wallets yet again, will anyone stand up with me and communicate loud and clearly to MLSE that we do NOT want to be gouged for this game through the hole?

Of course they will already have ticket prices set, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that we let them here and now that our opinion counts.

Anyone?

Nuvinho
08-03-2010, 09:33 PM
they are the same prices as the Montague game. They won't increase the prices.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-03-2010, 09:34 PM
if they dont want an empty stadium......they will leave the prices at a stand still!

ochos
lolol yes (secretly runs off like a squirrel with a nut in his mouth).

Edit - and on that note, lets persuade them to keep the ticket prices low for ever and ever and ever...

nfitz
What on earth are you talking about? The prices were set ages ago; same as the match last week.

About $20 a game in supporters, if you grabbed the 4-game package ...

Given that they only sold about 12,000 of the 4-game packages, I'd think they'd be offering a 3-game package soon as well.

TFCRegina
08-03-2010, 09:35 PM
They should keep the prices the same until the Quarterfinals...if they make it that far..

At the Quarterfinals they should move to the Rogers Centre and lower the prices...fill out the stadium. The huge impact you can have from a filled Rogers Centre on your merchandise revenues and media profile vastly outweighs short term revenue.

rocker
08-03-2010, 09:50 PM
ya, they said if you bought in for the Motagua game, they'll bill you automatically for the next games with same prices.

ochos
08-03-2010, 10:10 PM
^^ yes now I recall that was the catch 22. Before the mods get all closey on this thread, I'll reiterate my intent to vocalize our opinion formally on keeping ticket prices lower for next seasons (assuming it hasn't already been done so - god knows I do not have tons of time to read the boards).

Anyone willing to point me in the right direction, that would be swell.

rocker
08-03-2010, 10:16 PM
just checked my original email from TFC to be sure:

Prices:
Prices are similar to regular MLS matches. Click here (http://click.mlsefanmail.com/?qs=875af36d9eea1d65cd8633c901ec0bba4390a69dfa6a07 f9ff8aa37fa10eb413) to view a pricing and seating map.
Will I need to pay for the entire CCL up front?
No.
You only need to pay for the Preliminary Round up front. Should we advance, we will then automatically charge your credit card for the 3 additional "Group Stage Matches". You only pay if we play.

there was a PDF linked with the email (click above).

CONCACAF
Champions League 2010-2011
Members Price/Match* $88 $69 $51 $51 $35 $21 $19
Face Value/Match $94.50 $74.50 $59 $59 $39.50 $27.50 $25.50

habstfc
08-03-2010, 10:19 PM
When I bought my tickets I asked the rep if the cost would go up for the group stage, he said no.

Darlofletch
08-03-2010, 10:39 PM
^^ yes now I recall that was the catch 22. Before the mods get all closey on this thread, I'll reiterate my intent to vocalize our opinion formally on keeping ticket prices lower for next seasons (assuming it hasn't already been done so - god knows I do not have tons of time to read the boards).

next season's tickets include this years mls cup game so no way they'll be cheaper.

Blizzard
08-03-2010, 10:44 PM
They should keep the prices the same until the Quarterfinals...if they make it that far..

At the Quarterfinals they should move to the Rogers Centre and lower the prices...fill out the stadium. The huge impact you can have from a filled Rogers Centre on your merchandise revenues and media profile vastly outweighs short term revenue.

You wanna play on the new era Astroturf?
http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/mlb/bluejays/article/769918

It comes in rolls so it looks better than the old palleted Field Turf system. I wonder how it plays?

SilverSamurai
08-03-2010, 10:53 PM
What on earth are you talking about? The prices were set ages ago; same as the match last week.

About $20 a game in supporters, if you grabbed the 4-game package ...

Given that they only sold about 12,000 of the 4-game packages, I'd think they'd be offering a 3-game package soon as well.
I hope this isn't true.
I could've sworn when I bought my pair that it wasn't a condition. :(:facepalm:
OMG. I'm f*cked. I don't have a job!
Splitsies anyone?!

grizzle
08-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Has the schedule been released for the group stage?

Roogsy
08-03-2010, 11:00 PM

Why would a mod close the thread?

Whoop
08-03-2010, 11:01 PM
So far Aug. 17 Cruz Azul @ Toronto FC; August 24 Toronto FC @ Arabe Union

Red CB Toronto
08-03-2010, 11:03 PM
I know TFC is at home to what will be a very tough match against Cruz Azul on August 17th.

grizzle
08-03-2010, 11:03 PM
So far Aug. 17 Cruz Azul @ Toronto FC; August 24 Toronto FC @ Arabe Union

Thanks!

Yeoman
08-04-2010, 03:30 AM
mine is 202 though apparently? for one seat? in 223?
i will not pay that fucking much without getting a hooker in there

Huyton
08-04-2010, 05:40 AM
As long as I get the same seats as I had for the Motagua game, I'll be very happy!

Here's what they said about getting tickets back in June:

Securing Tickets:
As a member of the GOLD Waiting List we have arranged an exclusive pre-sale for you to purchase CCL tickets on Tuesday, June 15th beginning at 12:00 p.m. Included will be the Preliminary Round Match against C.D. MOTAGUA + 3 Group Stage Matches. To secure your tickets to the 4 matches you will simply need to click here to access your Online Account Manager and follow the prompts.

All tickets will be made available for you to print/forward from your online Account Manager.

Prices: Prices are similar to regular MLS matches. Click here to view a pricing and seating map.

Will I need to pay for the entire CCL up front?
No.
You only need to pay for the C.D. Motagua match up front. Should we advance, we will then automatically charge your credit card for the 3 additional "Group Stage Matches". You only pay if we play.

We look forward to sharing Toronto FC's 'Second Season' with you this summer. Here's to many victories in the prestigious CONCACAF Champions League!

Toronto FC