PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Tuesday,Aug.03

denime
08-03-2010, 05:27 AM
Mornin'

Next Stop Honduras (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/08/next-stop-honduras)

Toronto FC set to venture into ‘hostile territory’ (http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/843109--toronto-fc-set-to-venture-into-hostile-territory)

Dives are Welcome (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/08/03/14904666.html)

Heading South (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2010/08/02/dobson_heading_south/)

Foreign coaches bring fresh ideas to Canada (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/foreign-coaches-bring-fresh-ideas-to-canada/article1659927/)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

TFC_Junky
08-03-2010, 07:16 AM
Big game tonight Reds. Careful on the physical play and get the win!

TFCRegina
08-03-2010, 07:23 AM
Apparently the Toronto Sun didn't get the Memo regarding Georgie Welcome.

Nuvinho
08-03-2010, 07:23 AM
you not only have to worry about hard tackles tonight, but avoiding pissbags!!

TFC_Junky
08-03-2010, 07:28 AM
^ bags of piss make getting hit with a pint at BMO seem like a shower... gross...

Plug your noses, lads!!!

Red CB Toronto
08-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Good morning to all, today is a big one, down in Central America tonight a real battle could breakout, thanks again for having all the news in one place for us to enjoy.

Waggy
08-03-2010, 08:00 AM
While I disagree with a lot of the random rules MLS has in place, I can at least appreciate what MLS is trying to do. Most of the time. But WTF is with the ban on charter planes? What's the logic there?

Also a 40% chance of landing safely at that airport?! How is it open! I can't imagine TFC would have chartered a 747 or anything, it's prob the Leafs or Raps plane. How can the airport not accommodate a freaking private 737 or whatever they fly?!

CoachGT
08-03-2010, 08:01 AM
From the Globe article: "Under the guidance of Preki, TFC is within reach of the Major League Soccer postseason and an unprecedented trip to the group stage of the CONCACAF Champions League."

Could this not have been said last year at this time? And who would you consider to be stronger competition, Puerto Rico or Motagua?

Redcoe15
08-03-2010, 08:18 AM
I hope they advance. But, given the travel they had to endure and what's in store for them tonight (pissbags), this could be problematic.

Azerban
08-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Could this not have been said last year at this time? And who would you consider to be stronger competition, Puerto Rico or Motagua?

with the 4-1 demolishing of the top MLS club, can you really say Motagua with all certainty?

Parkdale
08-03-2010, 08:45 AM
speaking of pissbags..... Come watch the game at Joe's.

and really, do people actually throw bags of piss of is that just an urban legend.
I know it has happened, but is it really an every day occurrence? Somehow I doubt it.

Roogsy
08-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Puerto Rico is in last place in USSF Div 2. Come on...if anyone takes the 4-1 drubbing as evidence of anything other than a fluke game, I've got land to sell you.

SilverSamurai
08-03-2010, 09:12 AM

and really, do people actually throw bags of piss of is that just an urban legend.
I know it has happened, but is it really an every day occurrence? Somehow I doubt it.
It's true.
Craig Forrest says he had some tossed at him.
Fans throw them at other teams too.

Beach_Red
08-03-2010, 09:30 AM
While I disagree with a lot of the random rules MLS has in place, I can at least appreciate what MLS is trying to do. Most of the time. But WTF is with the ban on charter planes? What's the logic there?

It's just an attempt by the owners to keep each other in line. MLS owners realize that they are their own worst enemies when it comes to building a sustainable league.

Carts
08-03-2010, 09:32 AM

If it really is an everyday thing and a concern, if I was TFC I'd have water bottles on every corner - if a player gets hit, wash that shit asap... LOL!

$100 for 8-bottles full of clean, bottled water is nothing if it means Labrocca or Mista can wash unknown piss off themselves after a corner...

Carts... :D

scooter
08-03-2010, 09:37 AM
mornin d

Chevy
08-03-2010, 10:02 AM
If it really is an everyday thing and a concern, if I was TFC I'd have water bottles on every corner - if a player gets hit, wash that shit asap... LOL!

$100 for 8-bottles full of clean, bottled water is nothing if it means Labrocca or Mista can wash unknown piss off themselves after a corner...

Carts... :D

No worries....the forecast for tonight's game is calling for thunderstorms, which one would imagine comes in handy for washing off piss.

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/78720.html

Nazzer
08-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Puerto Rico is in last place in USSF Div 2. Come on...if anyone takes the 4-1 drubbing as evidence of anything other than a fluke game, I've got land to sell you.

I read somewhere that Puerto Rico doesn't give a damn about how they do in the league, their oonly concern in the CCL.

Whoop
08-03-2010, 10:34 AM
I think bringing in foreign coaches, especially at the younger levels, would help the development of football in Canada tremendously.

C.Ronaldo
08-03-2010, 11:20 AM
we need to start pelting streamers again only for Champions League matches

Oblio2
08-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Who sits in their seat and thinks: "You know what, Im gonna piss and puke in this bag and throw it at a player"

-Excuse me mate, can you hold my wallet...I just need to puke in this bag"
(sticks fingers down throat)

urghghhghghghhghghghhghghgh....whooooosh

"Sorry, ignore the splash there pal."

"Ok, hold on...just need to unzip....can you hold my warm puke bag....cheers"

(unzips....fills bag with urine)

"Hold that again please mate"

(friend hold warm bag filled with last nights dinner and 2 pints of piss while subject zips up)

"This is great...im going to launch this thing now...Im so cool"

rocker
08-03-2010, 11:31 AM

It's all about costs. The league has always tried to keep costs down, so they fly commercial with an airline sponsor deal. The thinking is that if teams could charter MLS games, some teams would have the money while some would not. The rich teams would charter a beautiful airplane with beds and all the comforts, while the poor teams would have to fly two or three connections in coach to get to a game. This would be unfair. But for these champions league games, the rules don't apply, which is a godsend.

Raps and Leafs actually have a charter plane with their own flight crew. It'd be cool if TFC could use that plane in the summer too.

rocker
08-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Who sits in their seat and thinks: "You know what, Im gonna piss and puke in this bag and throw it at a player"

some guy at a Philadelphia Phillies game recently got into an argument with some fans after acting like an asshole... then he turned to a young girl of the complaining family and stuck his finger down his throat and puked on her!

Oblio2
08-03-2010, 11:35 AM
some guy at a Philadelphia Phillies game recently got into an argument with some fans after acting like an asshole... then he turned to a young girl of the complaining family and stuck his finger down his throat and puked on her!

Best part was, the kids father was a cop....Beatdown ensued

Technorgasm
08-03-2010, 11:44 AM

come to Joes to witness piss bag throwing!

redcard
08-03-2010, 12:40 PM
we need to start pelting streamers again only for Champions League matches

streamers? thats childs play...where do we sign up for official TFC pissbags?! (at least it will help with the lack of unrinals!)

Super
08-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Bags of piss would constitute a serious health risk to the players, wouldn't it? Well, in that case, if a bag is thrown, call off the game and give us the 3 points.

Toronto Ruffrider
08-03-2010, 03:42 PM
I read somewhere that Puerto Rico doesn't give a damn about how they do in the league, their oonly concern in the CCL.

Exactly. It's not as though Puerto Rico hasn't progressed in the CCL before. For a team playing in the second division of American footy, this competition is huge.

Plenty of Trout
08-03-2010, 03:44 PM

urghghhghghghhghghghhghghgh....whooooosh

"Sorry, ignore the splash there pal."

"Ok, hold on...just need to unzip....can you hold my warm puke bag....cheers"

(unzips....fills bag with urine)

"Hold that again please mate"

(friend hold warm bag filled with last nights dinner and 2 pints of piss while subject zips up)

"This is great...im going to launch this thing now...Im so cool"

A lot of thought went into the logistics here to suggest that this was only read in a book as opposed to personal hands-on experience.:D

Carts
08-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Bags of piss would constitute a serious health risk to the players, wouldn't it? Well, in that case, if a bag is thrown, call off the game and give us the 3 points.

You're assuming logic and rules apply...

Some of these places can be ass-backwards... LOL...

AKA - pissing in bags and tossing at players... :D

Of note, they must have really shitty ziplock bags down there - using water I tested a glad ziplock bag, chucked it as far as I could across the park and it stayed shut...

And if they're not ziplock bags, pretty much everyone around you and yourself are getting a piss shower so that wouldn't be too smart... LOL

Carts...

icecoldbeer
08-03-2010, 04:00 PM
MoJo

Get to Hamilton and sign this Tigercat!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YmHTG5H_OgQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YmHTG5H_OgQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Alonso
08-03-2010, 05:40 PM

Yup and paper bags with less then firm feces too...