PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Game: TFC @ CD Motagua (08/03, 8pm, GOL TV)

DichioTFC
08-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Fuck Kansas City. On On to the next one.

We're up on aggregate 1-0. An away goal, we'll be in a good spot. A draw and we take it. A road win and... well, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
;)

Doesn't matter what third world country we're playing in, doesn't matter about the bags of piss. Cheer on the boys.

Do it for Toronto. Do it for Canada. History in the making on Wednesday night.

Anyone need a reminder in the importance of this match?
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?&id=1998

Azerban
08-01-2010, 12:29 AM
hahaha we will lose this game and not make the playoffs and i will fucking kill myself!

LOLOLOLO LMFBO *a knowing glare*

TFC USA
08-01-2010, 12:36 AM
17-1 win

Goals from Garcia in minutes 5, 17, 25, 36, 50, 52 (pen), 55, 57, 60, 61, 62, 68, 71 (pen), 74, 78, and 81. He then scores an own goal in the 86th.

DichioTFC
08-01-2010, 12:37 AM
hahaha we will lose this game and not make the playoffs and i will fucking kill myself!

LOLOLOLO LMFBO *a knowing glare*

No way dude. Fuck Tegulcigalpa. We got this.

Azerban
08-01-2010, 12:37 AM
you only counted out 16

i expect more rigor in my crazy not going to happen garcia fantasies

DichioTFC
08-01-2010, 12:43 AM
The referee is Luis Rodriguez of Panama. Last four CONCACAF games he's officiated, 19 cautions.

Someone's getting booked.

http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/1093/

Heathen
08-01-2010, 07:52 AM
this is the perfect set up for Preki's brand of soccer, 1-0 up defend like hell

azorean10
08-01-2010, 08:43 AM
It looks like TFC won't have to face Georgie Welcome in the return leg. He is supposedly traveling today to Scotland for a week long tryout with Rangers. It was originally thought that he would leave for Scotland after the TFC game BUT Rangers have since demanded he be in camp by the start of the week.

Fort York Redcoat
08-01-2010, 08:58 AM
It looks like TFC won't have to face Georgie Welcome in the return leg. He is supposedly traveling today to Scotland for a week long tryout with Rangers. It was originally thought that he would leave for Scotland after the TFC game BUT Rangers have since demanded he be in camp by the start of the week.

Welcome news. Beat you to it Kevvvv.

I was wondering if Preki was saving DeRo for Champions League, not playing him for the first 50(?) or so but it could've had to do with what Jerry & Craig were talking about. The team apparently did not arrive in it's entirety till that afternoon.

TFCRegina
08-01-2010, 09:16 AM
you only counted out 16

I wouldn't place Garcia in any of my fantasies.

reggie
08-01-2010, 09:33 AM
bend over people...we are going to take it in the ass with a DP or without a DP.
3 nil loss.

MO MUST GO AND BRING PRICKY WITH YOU...

azorean10
08-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Avión privado
Se desconoce a qué hora arribará al país el Toronto, ya que no vienen en un avión comercial, sino que en un vuelo privado.
Lin Zelaya, dijo que el equipo canadiense, “está gestionando un permiso para poder aterrizar en el aeropuerto de Palmerola. No sabemos a qué hora llega y en ese sentido se nos dificulta darles un buen recibimiento

TFC chartering into Honduras. TFC has asked for permission to land at a different airport from the one normally used.Honduran officials don't know when TFC is scheduled to land and this had made things difficult for them to offer up a 'proper welcome' .......

Fort York Redcoat
08-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Ummm is that a political kind of welcome or a more sinister kind of welcome?

Darlofletch
08-01-2010, 12:46 PM
you only counted out 16

17-1 on aggregate.

koryo
08-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Fuck Kansas City. On On to the next one.

We're up on aggregate 1-0. An away goal, we'll be in a good spot. A draw and we take it. A road win and... well, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
;)

Doesn't matter what third world country we're playing in, doesn't matter about the bags of piss. Cheer on the boys.

Do it for Toronto. Do it for Canada. History in the making on Wednesday night.

Anyone need a reminder in the importance of this match?
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?&id=1998

Dear TFC: If nothing else, show a bit of fucking pride and do it for yourselves if you have to.

Darlofletch
08-01-2010, 02:07 PM
This is from the post kansas game article on mlssoccer.com. nothing that hasn't been said here before, but for the official website to be talking like this really suggests MLS doesn't give a shit about the concacaf champs league, all it's good for is raising a club's profile off the field.

In fact, the Reds could be setting themselves up for their own demise in the MLS season - a victim of their own success. Up 1-0 on aggregate, if they tie or beat Motagua on Tuesday, then they’ll reach the Champions League group stage for the first time in franchise history.
But it could come at a cost.
The feat would add six more matches to TFC's schedule beginning at the end of August, a critical time in the MLS schedule with teams jockeying for playoff seeds. With the battle for a playoff spot appearing as though it may come down to the wire, the extra games, while raising the club’s profile off the field, may do more harm than good.

DichioTFC
08-01-2010, 02:30 PM
^ I don't think it's a case of MLS not giving a shit, I think its more about reporting the reality of the situation. TFC advancing to a difficult group will complicate an already congested domestic schedule.

Who knows if games in Central America will revitalize the team or at least if the "nobody thinks we can" mentality serves them well. Nobody in CONCACAF outside MLS knows who we are, so we have the ability to surprise the unfit squads we'll be up against.

DichioTFC
08-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Dear TFC: If nothing else, show a bit of fucking pride and do it for yourselves if you have to.
Plus fucking one.

SilverSamurai
08-01-2010, 02:53 PM
I know I'll flamed for this, but here goes:
I would rather go further in the CCL than the MLS Playoffs.
Think of it this way: MLS= pond. CCL= sea.

Besides I'm tired of not having a Canadian team compete on the international stage!!!

TFCtoMUFC
08-01-2010, 03:30 PM

Besides I'm tired of not having a Canadian team compete on the international stage!!!

MLS Playoffs = Mo Staying

CCL = Fun, and no Mo.

sampace
08-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Is this game going to be on live stream anyone?

LesH
08-01-2010, 04:55 PM

I'm with you man!

Canary Canuck
08-01-2010, 05:40 PM
TFC has asked for permission to land at a different airport from the one normally used.

Not surprised. Tegucigalpa's airport is considered by many to be the most dangerous landing in the world.

c-SQBgea0oA

Roogsy
08-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Ummm is that a political kind of welcome or a more sinister kind of welcome?

The kind of welcome we'd love to give Clownbus if we could.

Brooker
08-01-2010, 08:59 PM
bend over people...we are going to take it in the ass with a DP or without a DP.
3 nil loss.

MO MUST GO AND BRING PRICKY WITH YOU...

thats the spirit!

DichioTFC
08-01-2010, 09:07 PM
thats the spirit!

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Carts
08-01-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm pumped for this b/c all we need is a nil-nil draw... I'd love to see a win, but the boys just need to grind out the draw and advance - then anything can happen...

Thanks guys,
Carts...

Lennon
08-01-2010, 10:49 PM
We need to score if we're gonna advance. If we don't those last 30 minutes are going to be worse then that game in LA .. and this time we won't be so lucky.

Lennon
08-01-2010, 10:50 PM

+2 :hump:

Brooker
08-01-2010, 11:50 PM
WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I COULD KISS ANY WOMAN IN HERE AND MAKE HER CRY... EVEN THAT FAT ONE OVER THERE!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

boysblue
08-02-2010, 08:49 AM
last night sportsnet were promoting the airing of this match....8:30 ko.

azorean10
08-02-2010, 08:58 AM
El capitán del Motagua, Amado Guevara, sufrió una lesión ayer en el partido amistoso que disputaron contra en Hispano y es duda para el juego de mañana ante el Toronto.
De acuerdo a las declaraciones del entrenador Ramón Maradiaga, lo más seguro es que el volante no esté mañana frente al Toronto y pese a que se trata del líder del equipo, dijo no sentirse preocupado porque tiene más jugadores que lo puedan reemplazar.

Amado Guevara suffered an injury in training over the weekend and is doubtful for the return leg vs TFC. The Motagua manager goes on to say that he is almost certain Guevara will not play but that he is not worried as he has other options that he can bring in.

ManUtd4ever
08-02-2010, 09:41 AM

Considering that TFC doesn't have the depth to be successful in both the CCL and MLS playoffs, I would have to agree with you. I would definitely be more excited with an extended run in Champions League than a brief appearance in the MLS playoffs (if TFC manages to qualify).

In addition, TFC has played down to the level of the competition in league play in recent weeks and that wouldn't be an issue in the CCL. TFC has displayed more motivation against quality opposition. I hope that trend continues tomorrow night...

rocktml
08-02-2010, 09:52 AM
This game wont be pretty. TFC are horrible on the road and trying to play for a 0-0 draw is a disaster waiting to happen.

3-0 or 4-1 for Motagua

bigtfcfan
08-02-2010, 10:21 AM
This game wont be pretty. TFC are horrible on the road and trying to play for a 0-0 draw is a disaster waiting to happen.

3-0 or 4-1 for Motagua

i agree

torontocelt
08-02-2010, 10:40 AM

3-0 or 4-1 for Motagua

I would be pretty amazed if TFC make it though to the next round.

bgnewf
08-02-2010, 11:44 AM

Granted there has not been a lot to be happy about over the past couple of days, but come on, we are still much better then Motagua are.... And with Guevara and Welcome not in the lineup there still some positives to take into this game.

Petor
08-02-2010, 11:44 AM

Prepare to be amazed!
I was at the match last Tuesday and except for a couple of brain cramps we outplayed them for most of the match.
I'm feeling confident, I just hope the team is.
:flare::scarf::flare:

SilverSamurai
08-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Considering that TFC doesn't have the depth to be successful in both the CCL and MLS playoffs, I would have to agree with you. I would definitely be more excited with an extended run in Champions League than a brief appearance in the MLS playoffs (if TFC manages to qualify).

In addition, TFC has played down to the level of the competition in league play in recent weeks and that wouldn't be an issue in the CCL. TFC has displayed more motivation against quality opposition. I hope that trend continues tomorrow night...
Can TFC use academy players for the CCL tourney?
Might be a way to "temporarily" increase the roster size.

sidvan
08-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Can TFC use academy players for the CCL tourney?
Might be a way to "temporarily" increase the roster size.

Doneill Henry has travelled with the team for this match.:scarf:

Detroit_TFC
08-02-2010, 06:25 PM
No Guevara or Welcome? Our chances went from 10% to 30%.

Lennon
08-02-2010, 06:32 PM
FWIW, the bookies have Montagua at 44% to win the game. We have a better chance of qualifying then some of you might think ...

rocker
08-02-2010, 06:44 PM
I read on Twitter that TFC went into San Pedro Sula then took a bus to Tegucigalpa. Why is this? Someone earlier suggested the airport was dangerous to fly into, but that doesn't seem to stop flights from coming in. I don't know the condition of the highways down there, but I would think a plane ride into the appropriate city would be safer than riding a bus for 100s of miles in a central american country.

torontocelt
08-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Prepare to be amazed!
I was at the match last Tuesday and except for a couple of brain cramps we outplayed them for most of the match.
I'm feeling confident, I just hope the team is.
:flare::scarf::flare:

I hope so and I was there also. I wasn't impressed with Motagua but it will be very different for TFC than there normal away games. I just dont see it but i will be over the moon if they do make it through.

FluSH
08-02-2010, 08:41 PM
El capitán del Motagua, Amado Guevara, sufrió una lesión ayer en el partido amistoso que disputaron contra en Hispano y es duda para el juego de mañana ante el Toronto.
De acuerdo a las declaraciones del entrenador Ramón Maradiaga, lo más seguro es que el volante no esté mañana frente al Toronto y pese a que se trata del líder del equipo, dijo no sentirse preocupado porque tiene más jugadores que lo puedan reemplazar.

Amado Guevara suffered an injury in training over the weekend and is doubtful for the return leg vs TFC. The Motagua manager goes on to say that he is almost certain Guevara will not play but that he is not worried as he has other options that he can bring in.

This is bad news... Motagua actually played better without Guevara in the line up... Maybe the age is catching up to Guevara...

Fort York Redcoat
08-02-2010, 08:52 PM
No Guevara or Welcome? Our chances went from 10% to 30%.

Wow. Such faith. I guess you won't be disapointed this way. I still think the lads know this ain't KC in a league match. They haven't been playing the way they need to to make this upcoming game a shoe-in but I expect to see a different looking team tomorrow.

Brooker
08-02-2010, 09:45 PM
BELIEVE!!!!!!

FluSH
08-02-2010, 09:59 PM
BELIEVE!!!!!!

...and duck when the bags of piss come flying...

Stryker
08-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Making a decent run in CCL is actually more important to me than MLS playoffs.
Im aching to watch some good games againest the Mexican teams.

Come on you Reds!

boban
08-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Granted there has not been a lot to be happy about over the past couple of days, but come on, we are still much better then Motagua are.... And with Guevara and Welcome not in the lineup there still some positives to take into this game.
YWe saw one game of Motagua and now you feel they are much worse than TFC? Bold statement to make. it could be their and off game for them last week. Also, remember that we had scores of chances to take a bigger lead into the return leg. We again showed our lack of finishing. Motagua return home in the comforts of their fans and home stadium. Couple that with TFC brutal road record and I do not feel comfortable to suggest we will go through. Last weeks game showed nothing who was better.

SilverSamurai
08-02-2010, 10:19 PM
I read on Twitter that TFC went into San Pedro Sula then took a bus to Tegucigalpa. Why is this? Someone earlier suggested the airport was dangerous to fly into, but that doesn't seem to stop flights from coming in. I don't know the condition of the highways down there, but I would think a plane ride into the appropriate city would be safer than riding a bus for 100s of miles in a central american country.
Dude, it's not that far.

Tegucigalpa, HO-87.2167
14.1000 San Pedro Sula, HO-88.0333
15.5000 Miles:110.98 Kilometers:178.59 Bearing:NW
Central American nations are tiny.
http://www.planetware.com/i/map/HON/honduras-map.jpg

102 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/82/Flag_of_Honduras.svg/22px-Flag_of_Honduras.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honduras) Honduras (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honduras) 112,492 km2
Newfoundland to give you an idea is: Area 111,390 km2
New Brunswick: Total 72,908 km2

The roads generally suck though...

Redpunkfiddle
08-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Three of us here in Honduras. I read the Dobson story- it looks like the plane they chartered isn't a good fit for the runway size so that's why they needed to go through San Pedro. The road from there to Tegus is good.

We'll be there tomorrow night - I am really hoping they take it to Motagua and don't bunker. I'd go apeshit for a goal. Buenos noches.

Stryker
08-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Wow... roadtrip to Honduras. Truely hardcore.
My hat is off to you guys.
Be safe my friends.

DavydMT
08-02-2010, 10:53 PM
This will be painful.

DichioTFC
08-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Three of us here in Honduras. I read the Dobson story- it looks like the plane they chartered isn't a good fit for the runway size so that's why they needed to go through San Pedro. The road from there to Tegus is good.

We'll be there tomorrow night - I am really hoping they take it to Motagua and don't bunker. I'd go apeshit for a goal. Buenos noches.

Glad to hear we got some support down there! Be safe and come home with good news
:)

Yohan
08-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Three of us here in Honduras.
you guys are my heroes

Blizzard
08-02-2010, 11:04 PM
This is bad news... Motagua actually played better without Guevara in the line up... Maybe the age is catching up to Guevara...

Maybe but it's my understanding that he was playing with a knee problem.

Canary Canuck
08-02-2010, 11:24 PM
From Gerry Dobson's piece:

MLS regulations are very restrictive when it comes to allowing teams to use charters, but the Champions League does not fall under such restrictions. So to ease the travel burden, the team elected to charter from Kansas City to Honduras and back to Toronto. Originally they planned to fly into Toncontin International Airport in Tegucigalpa. That airport is consistently ranked as one of the most dangerous airports in the world.

My pal Craig Forrest flew in there during his playing days and described it as a harrowing experience. The only runway begins at the base of a mountain and ends at the edge of a cliff. Planes are forced into a sharp descent along the slope of the mountain and must hit the runway right when it begins or face running out of room at the other end. It is so dangerous, that for a time in 2008, all commercial flights were moved to the Soto Cano Military Airbase. However, pressure from the business community forced the government to re-open the airport.

But back to TFC. Airport officials would not grant the team charter permission to land there due to safety reasons. The plane they are using, combined with weather conditions, meant that there was only a "40 per cent chance" that it could land safely. Team officials then lobbied to allow the plane to land at the military base. No dice.
The next and final option turned out to be the city of San Pedro Sula. It’s the second largest city in the country, the industrial heartland, and more modern. One problem: It’s a five-hour bus ride to Tegucigalpa where the match will be played. So here's what we've got. The team spends the day flying, followed by a five-hour bus ride (let's hope it’s not yellow and that it does have air conditioning) and no chance for a training session. Then it’s the match under hostile and sweltering conditions, followed by tame bus ride back and a middle of the night flight back to Toronto.

http://sportsnet.ca/soccer/2010/08/02/dobson_heading_south/

Seriously, they should've charted down on Sunday.

Yagbod
08-02-2010, 11:36 PM
This feels strange: but I hope that Barrett starts. We don't need to rely on him to score, we just need that awesome work ethic. Plus, he tends to score goals on non-league games at a much better ratio anyway. Go Chad!

twistedchinaman
08-02-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm not confident, but I think we need to believe.

COME ON YOU REDS!
BELIEVE!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vrCA0HK-yO0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vrCA0HK-yO0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:canada: :scarf: :canada: :scarf: :canada: :scarf: :canada: :scarf: :canada: :scarf:

DichioTFC
08-02-2010, 11:57 PM
I bet the ones who aren't believing today are the same ones who said last year's Miracle in Montreal wouldn't happen before it began.

I also bet the same doubters were the first ones celebrating a TFC win.

Let history repeat itself :D

raj100
08-03-2010, 12:44 AM
is this game going to be in HD????

stugautz
08-03-2010, 07:45 AM
They charted a plane...was it the MLSE one that the leafs and raptors fly on?

Naturegirl
08-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Top of the mornin' to ya folks!! Its a beautiful day down here in Honduras!! About to have breaky and then its on the road to Tegu for the game :) Hopefully you will see us there!!! :D

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee love you, we love you, we love you and where you go we follow, we follow, we follow!!!!!!!! cuz we support Toronto, Toronto, Toronto and thats the way we like it, like it, like it!!!!!!!

Brooker
08-03-2010, 08:12 AM
have fun and be safe.

COME ON YOU FUCKING REDS!

Derko
08-03-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm with you man!

And me as well

:scarf: :flare::canada::drinking::tfc:

Wagner
08-03-2010, 09:06 AM
it might be wet and wild.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/hoxx0008

rviewmirror
08-03-2010, 09:23 AM

Ha! the weather looks nicer (cooler) there than here in T.O. today!

P-NUTZ
08-03-2010, 10:02 AM
so is someone airing this game other than GOl TV, who will never get a penny from me?

DangerRed
08-03-2010, 10:17 AM

Sweet - it'll help wash the piss off our players!

:scarf::flare::scarf::flare::scarf:

Phil
08-03-2010, 10:18 AM
so is someone airing this game other than GOl TV, who will never get a penny from me?

The internets?

__wowza
08-03-2010, 10:27 AM
i hope for: a 2-0 win
i foresee: an impact like collapse in extra time

P-NUTZ
08-03-2010, 10:36 AM
yup - sometimes hard to find TFC streaming clearly for odd games like this.

ManUtd4ever
08-03-2010, 10:38 AM
To all the TFC supporters that made the trip to Honduras, God bless you and stay safe amongst that hostile crowd. I sincerely hope you don't fly back home disappointed!

:scarf:

jloome
08-03-2010, 10:50 AM
I've got some faith... Motagua were truly awful in that last game.

Then again, they'd only just gotten together after the summer break.

I don't think atmosphere is everything. Obviously it's a psyche-up, but the team still has to be good or bad enough, and they looked pretty piss-poor in that first game.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
08-03-2010, 10:53 AM
For those of you down there did you fly into Tegucigalpa airport? If so how was the landing?

bgnewf
08-03-2010, 02:18 PM
It’s Never Too Early To Learn How To Win

Winning is a skill that needs to be learned. Tonight in Honduras TFC has the chance to learn that very skill. Thoughts on the Champions League tie away to CD Motagua of Honduras. Comments Always welcome.

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/08/learntowin/

rviewmirror
08-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Not enough banter around here for such a big game....

TFC Cityboy
08-03-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm expecting cynical tactics and dodgy reffing resulting in a defeat knocking us out.
I hope I am wrong, but having watched Canada WCQs in that region and knowing our form on the road, I'll be surprised with any other outcome.

I hope I'm wrong, but secretly I think we all know we're in for a rough evening. Let's hope the lads pull thru. I'll be cheering them on from the couch for sure. Early goal for us is key.

v00d00daddy
08-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Anybody watching the game in south Mississauga or oakville. Stuck in a hotel with no goal tv and no CPU for a stream.

Thoughts?

TFC Cityboy
08-03-2010, 03:09 PM
try Abbey Rd pub on Erin Mills at Dundas in Mississauga or The Brogue Inn Hwy 10/Lakeshore.

Oldtimer
08-03-2010, 03:10 PM
RESPECT to our road warriors who made the long trip to Honduras!!!

MartinUtd
08-03-2010, 03:10 PM
I think we can pull this off. Hopefully the weather will take the crowd out of the game, but I think we're over stating their influence for a pre-season CONCACAF qualifier.

No Welcome, no Guevara = Good chance to go through

bgnewf
08-03-2010, 03:13 PM

This is our referee tonight. Luis Rodriguez de la Rosa from Panama, a card happy little man by all accounts.

v00d00daddy
08-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks. Will do

rviewmirror
08-03-2010, 03:35 PM

This is our referee tonight. Luis Rodriguez de la Rosa from Panama, a card happy little man by all accounts.

Welcome and Guevara out is good news. Welcome is a diver and with the ref noted above being card happy, that would not have been good for our phyiscal defenders.

Torontotonto
08-03-2010, 03:38 PM
The internets?

The game is listed for viewing at the following sites tonight, not sure how good the stream quality will be, but better than nothing.

http://channelsurfing.net/
http://atdhe.net/

Come on you REDS..
Go TFC Go

:scarf::flare::drum::flare::scarf:

Alonso
08-03-2010, 04:45 PM
The game is listed for viewing at the following sites tonight, not sure how good the stream quality will be, but better than nothing.

Come on you REDS..
Go TFC Go

:scarf::flare::drum::flare::scarf:

Thanks for the links.... going to have to watch this one at home with a mountain of work to do in front of me:rolleyes:

:scarf:

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Admittedly, it's still Motagua's preseason, but after the TFC game, I can't imagine what Rangers see in Welcome.

As for the game being stream, the concaaf website streams all the CCL games for free:

http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ChampionsLeague/Home/0,,12907,00.html

Alonso
08-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Even better ^^^^ thanks for that.

backbeat
08-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Admittedly, it's still Motagua's preseason, but after the TFC game, I can't imagine what Rangers see in Welcome.

maybe it was a favour to Mo!!:stogey:

Auzzy
08-03-2010, 05:41 PM
As for the game being stream, the concaaf website streams all the CCL games for free:

http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ChampionsLeague/Home/0,,12907,00.html

Unfortunately, official stream is not going to happen, despite all the pre-announcements by CONCACAF. I'm pissed, douche bags! From the CONCACAF Twitter account:

http://twitter.com/thechampions

@ asifintoronto & @greggoryclark -- we will not be streaming live but video highlights will be posted this evening after the game!
about 2 hours ago via web

I hope one of the unofficial online streams is decent. No TV, and certainly no GOL TV, at the place I'm staying at in Germany ;) ;)

LesH
08-03-2010, 05:44 PM

No they are not streaming anything yet, it was the same shit last week.

I have a free membership, but after I log in I got on the screen:
"There are currently no live events scheduled. Please check back later."

spinx
08-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Hey guys

best site on the net to find feeds... you may have to try 1 or 3 to get one but it's how I watched the entire world cup at work :)

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=81973&part=sports

andyc
08-03-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm in Britain this week and plan to scrounge feeds as well.

Torontotonto
08-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Hey guys

best site on the net to find feeds... you may have to try 1 or 3 to get one but it's how I watched the entire world cup at work :)

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=81973&part=sports

Spinx,

Nice tune you have playing, with all the little happy guys jumping.
I'm sure it must be...........Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee love you, we love you, we love you and where you go we follow, we follow, we follow!!!!!!!! cuz we support Toronto, Toronto, Toronto and thats the way we like it, like it, like it!!!!!!!

I can never figure that myp2p site out, however I know everyone must be pissed if they don't have GolTV, so the sites I listed earlier should be OK.
I've watched many MLS, Premiership, La Liga, etc...

Hopefully something will work for all the RPB faithfull out there in the world.

I'm heading out to Gabby's on Kingston Road for the game, they have GolTV, would go to Joe's where the real party will be, but I've already been sucking them back waiting for this match, not driving and will take forever on the TTC there and back.

Go TFC GO

daner90
08-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme On Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Redssssssss!!!!!!

Razcle
08-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Pumped up for this one. Not pumped to be at home. But work Calls a little bit less then TFC does.

TFC! (Clap, Clap, Clap) TFC!

Stryker
08-03-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't think we have much chance in keeping them off the score sheet again.
Hit them with something they're not expecting and play a 4-3-3 and try to get the first goal.

Mista.....Maicon.....Barrett
DeRo......JDG........Labrocca
Hscs..Cann..Atta...Gargan

This put our two best crossers on the ends up front and our two best dribblers/distributers at midfield.

If we can get a goal then shift Labrocca in and play Barrett wide right in a 4-4-2.

James17930
08-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Frei is going to be the key tonight. If he can't save our asses we're screwed.

spinx
08-03-2010, 07:03 PM
i have GolTV at home and the second link is mirroring... so it should be good to go

FOGES
08-03-2010, 07:04 PM
did godfrey just say Doneil Henry is starting???

DangerRed
08-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Atdhe should have a feed up since they have the match listed, but they never start on time. Give it 10-15 and maybe they'll have something.

Blizzard
08-03-2010, 07:06 PM
did godfrey just say Doneil Henry is starting???

Yup. Santos sitting. Gargan up to MF.

Alonso
08-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Where are all the fans? Stadium is way more then half empty...

madcow
08-03-2010, 07:12 PM
http://atdhe.net/21903/watch-cd-motagua-vs-toronto-fc is up and running clean.

FOGES
08-03-2010, 07:14 PM
wowzers

madcow
08-03-2010, 07:14 PM
revenge of Amado

MUFC_Niagara
08-03-2010, 07:15 PM
LMAO....yay TFC

spinx
F*CK!!!!!!!!

Blizzard
revenge of Amado

In your face Preki. :(

He'd still be with us if it wasn't for Preki. He definitely wanted to return.

madcow
08-03-2010, 07:19 PM
In your face Preki. :(

He'd still be with us if it wasn't for Preki. He definitely wanted to return.

Of course, he liked it here.

SirBobSaget
08-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Terrible time to be messing with the back 4. why not stick with whats (sort of) worked all season

FOGES
08-03-2010, 07:27 PM
ha...you can see that one again on Garcia Mixtape Vol. 4...in stores now

barticusz
08-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Come on boys.. Lets get that away goal!

Blizzard
08-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Of course, he liked it here.

Ya he did.

FOGES
08-03-2010, 07:38 PM
JAH!

SirBobSaget
08-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Henry is not ready for this

AL-MO
08-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Henry is not ready for this

.....and he's been subbed off.

I'm wondering why he started in the first place.

Blizzard
08-03-2010, 07:45 PM
.....and he's been subbed off.

I'm wondering why he started in the first place.

I just hope his confidence has not been too badly damaged by this. I've seen it happen before.

Blizzard
08-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Jeez. I thought that offside was going to go uncalled.

madcow
08-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Was taking my daughter out of the tub, who replaced Henry?

Blizzard
08-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Was taking my daughter out of the tub, who replaced Henry?

Santos

madcow
08-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Nice to see, should have started in my opinion.

Blizzard
08-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Some very nice work from DeGuzman there. Sadly, DeRo squandered it with his first touch.

madcow
08-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Frei is looking settled in.

SirBobSaget
08-03-2010, 07:52 PM
All these "Preki guys" are pretty much useless arent they. Labrocca off for Mista at half please.

SirBobSaget
08-03-2010, 08:07 PM
were idiots. I was wondering why theres no activity, this is pre-game thread