PDA

View Full Version : Sounders Trade Ljundberg to Fire

scut farkus
07-30-2010, 05:37 PM
Via Ives's twitter:

RT @joshuamayers: Sounders FC trade Freddie Ljungberg to the Chicago Fire, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

http://twitter.com/SoccerByIves/status/19944490249

pekduck
07-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Now it all made sense.

Fire sent Mapp to Union for allocation
Seattle signs 3rd DP Hernandez
Fire gets Ljungberg

Nuvinho
07-30-2010, 05:41 PM
oops....mods I started another thread......can you delete it.

TFC USA
07-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Oh well. He can be just as useless in Chicago as he was in Seattle.

kaos197O
07-30-2010, 05:54 PM
There goes the winger that Mo was talking about. Wonder what he's gonna do now?

gtaguy
07-30-2010, 06:14 PM
good for lundberg the REAL grass will help him bigtime.. glad he didn't bounce from the MLS would have looked bad if that had happened.

Blizzard
07-30-2010, 06:19 PM
There goes the winger that Mo was talking about. Wonder what he's gonna do now?

No, there is no way that Mo was going to touch Ljungberg, not even with a barge pole.

GBV
07-30-2010, 07:39 PM
http://freddie.speaksup.com/2010/07/30/joining-chicago-fire-soccer-club/

Brooker
07-30-2010, 07:44 PM
and the whining bitch still hasn't said why he left?

funny enough, the tickets for when Chicago visits Seattle have Ljunberg on them. :D

http://www.weareecs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9407

ilikemusic
07-30-2010, 09:01 PM
http://freddie.speaksup.com/2010/07/30/joining-chicago-fire-soccer-club/

I also want to add, as a huge hockey fan, congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks on winning the Stanley Cup.

Didnt know he was a hockey fan. :canada:

Roogsy
07-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Seattle sit a single point behind us in the standings for the final playoff spot but we have a game in hand. Chicago sits 6 points behind us in the standings but they have 2 games in hand. If either team gets back on track and if we keep dropping points home and away it's going to be another photofinish for the final playoff spot.

RealG-TFC
07-30-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm still more concerned with Castillo.

Mikey
07-30-2010, 09:51 PM
good for lundberg the REAL grass will help him bigtime..
True that. Good chance the rug burns the plastic pitch leaves on his knees and elbows from all the fucking diving he does might even heal up a bit.....

habstfc
07-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Actually Roogsy we have 2 games in hand on seattle.

rocker
07-30-2010, 10:28 PM
so what's the verdict on Ljundberg in Seattle? I think on the field he was good in year 1, although not as influential as people expected. His second year has been a total bust.
Again, DPs are never sure things...

Shakes McQueen
07-31-2010, 02:21 AM
Ljungberg's hype sure has died quickly eh? From toast of the town before last season, to mid-season trade bait 1.5 years later.

I never found Ljungberg's time in Seattle to be anything remarkable - the difference is that no one noticed last season, because the team was playing so well. He certainly wasn't earning what Seattle were paying him, that's for sure.

Strikes me as another name on the long list of foreign players who have come to MLS thinking it will be a piece of cake, then can't deal with how physical and smothering the play is.

- Scott

twistedchinaman
07-31-2010, 02:36 AM
Ljungberg = all sizzle, no sauce.

Proof that name only gets you so far in MLS (or in any league) -- you actually have to not suck to succeed here.

DichioTFC
07-31-2010, 02:44 AM
Apparently there are rumours that Ljungberg is the catalyst for whatever beefs are going on in the Seattle dressing room.

Either way, we'll have to play a Ljungberg team on the road either in early Sept (Chi. Fire) or early Oct (Seattle). Not a huge difference for our team

ag futbol
07-31-2010, 07:32 AM
so what's the verdict on Ljundberg in Seattle? I think on the field he was good in year 1, although not as influential as people expected. His second year has been a total bust.
Again, DPs are never sure things...
Yeah that sounds about right. He's mentally put himself out of the game in year 2.

In a way I can understand his frustration, he probably gets tactically fouled more than any other player in the league. The refs (who aren't exactly bright) don't seem to pick up on this much. But it's still up to him to stop being a bitch and get on with it.

I think he could be ok in Chicago. Overall I think they have a better squad than Seattle at this point.

To be honest, I think these will be the teams we're battling for the last couple playoff spots. They clearly aren't as good as RSL, NY, or LA but aren't as crappy as teams like NE or Chivas have been.