PDA

View Full Version : Beasley?

canadian_bhoy
07-30-2010, 08:59 AM
He's left cash strapped Rangers with an expired contract and is now without a club. I wonder who in MLS has first dibs on him. We could certainly use some quality up the wing.

Ageroo
07-30-2010, 09:02 AM
He's left cash strapped Rangers with an expired contract and is now without a club. I wonder who in MLS has first dibs on him. We could certainly use some quality up the wing.

Yikes....who has his rights is right.

Pachuco
07-30-2010, 09:52 AM
I'd take him in a heartbeat. Asside from a LB, I can't think of a better position that we need to fill. A winger with speeeeed!

Hitcho
07-30-2010, 11:42 AM
could we fit him under the cap?

would Mo's old firm history be helpful or an obstacle (or neither)?

Would definitely take him, anyone know what his form was like towards the back end of last season?

DangerRed
07-30-2010, 11:55 AM
No way he'll come back, unless it's for a giant pile of cash. He's done the MLS, moved on to Europe and has said he wants to stay there.

You should move forward in your career at his age, not backwards.

DichioTFC
07-30-2010, 11:57 AM
He'd be great to water the grass :D
l1JY7fWNCqc

Sounds like a perfect fit, but his last club was Chicago Fire so I'm assuming they've retained his rights.

TFC USA
07-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Fuck Beasley. He shit the bed way too often for the USMNT and I don't want him here either.

DichioTFC
07-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Fuck Beasley. He shit the bed way too often for the USMNT and I don't want him here either.

+1!!!!

Whoop
07-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Hey C_B could you support a former Hun? LOL

Pachuco
07-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Hey mods, I like this thread. But just to show you the double standard around here. Remember the Guti thread? remember why that was closed? no link to TFC or MLS. Well, this is an identical thread and you have mods taking part in it.

Anyways, I like this thread, but why is there such a double standard?

DichioTFC
07-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey mods, I like this thread. But just to show you the double standard around here. Remember the Guti thread? remember why that was closed? no link to TFC or MLS. Well, this is an identical thread and you have mods taking part in it.

At the risk of getting off-topic...

In hindsight, I think we can all agree the Guti thread was closed in haste and erroneously, which is kinda reasonable considering the BS that was going on at the time.

Speculation gets tiresome, but its interesting to discuss the latest rumours and get people's opinion out there. If it weren't for this post, I wouldn't have known 1. Beasley was available and 2. the majority opinion of Beasley is favourable.

More mod territory than mine, but I'm hoping speculation threads do not get closed in the future as long as there is some relevance to TFC / MLS.

bgnewf
07-30-2010, 01:17 PM
As somewhat of an aside I think it is interesting that Toronto FC is first overall in MLS this season in conceding corner kicks and last in MLS overall in earning corner kicks.

Hitcho
07-30-2010, 03:40 PM
As somewhat of an aside I think it is interesting that Toronto FC is first overall in MLS this season in conceding corner kicks and last in MLS overall in earning corner kicks.

how is that even remotely related to this thread?!

As an enormous and utterly unconnected, random aside I think it is interesting that Toronto FC is first overall in MLS this season in conceding corner kicks and last in MLS overall in earning corner kicks.

Fixed... :D

bgnewf
07-30-2010, 03:50 PM
how is that even remotely related to this thread?!

Fixed... :D

I thought it relevant, with all due respect, if we are talking in this thread about signing a winger to at least understand how necessary help on the wings is.

J .
07-30-2010, 04:25 PM

Because. That is all.

Super
07-30-2010, 04:31 PM
I thought it relevant, with all due respect, if we are talking in this thread about signing a winger to at least understand how necessary help on the wings is.

Good point. With a proper winger, we'd get more corners.

rocker
07-30-2010, 04:59 PM
i don't think shitcago would have his rights anymore, given that he hasn't played in MLS in ages (they weren't lifetime rights, from what I remember, and the new CBA has mechanisms to avoid holding rights beyond the end of a contract). For example, when MCBride came back, Columbus Crew had no rights on him.

now, if he's a non-DP then he would be one of those "returning US players" and would go to the first team in the allocation order. If he's a DP, then I guess that trumps the allocation order. But somebody would probably need to have a discovery claim on him. ahhh, the rules of MLS!

prizby
07-30-2010, 05:01 PM
i bet he goes to russia or turkey or if fulham, dynamo kiev, or shakthr want him too

Hitcho
07-30-2010, 08:17 PM

Fair enough, but you gave some stat about conceding from corners. What's that got to do with wingers?

Anyway, it's all good newf. Wasn't trying to pillory you, sorry if it seemed that way. :D