PDA

View Full Version : YOUR attendance this season

ochos
07-28-2010, 09:13 PM
The True Fans thread has got me seriously pumped! Realized I still haven't missed a home game this season yet... how about you guys??

:scarf:

TFC Cityboy
07-28-2010, 09:17 PM
missed one as my kid had a tournament...otherwise 100% incl friendlies and Nutrilite etc. We did dkip the open practice tho....tsk tsk..part timer eh
:)

Flipityflu
07-28-2010, 09:18 PM
i missed 3 due to a concussion. looking forward to getting back at the next match.

MartinUtd
07-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Missed Bolton.

Here's the schedule for anyone looking to do the run down:

http://www.torontofc.ca/schedule

Nuvinho
07-28-2010, 09:31 PM
missed one game....close friend's wedding...was thinking of going to the game, then to the wedding after..but figured it wasn't the best idea.....haha!!

ochos
07-28-2010, 09:33 PM
soccer tourney in Peterborough next weekend... do I go and give up what would be my first flawless season??

TFCtoMUFC
07-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Missed the LA and Houston games. Was in Israel. That's my excuse.

lips
07-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Missed 2
-Family thing
-Camping/Fishing
Voted 3
there's one more Fishing trip.

MFG1
07-28-2010, 09:45 PM
I think it's at 5. Frankly, the crap taste in my mouth from the start of the year and Mo/MLSE has started making me a skeptic. Lately, the draws at home are not inspiring.
I guess I can be deemed fairweather but to be a sports fan in TO is nothing short of being in an abusive relationship. I guess I am taking a bit of a break. Mo/MLSE has lost my trust a while ago, and I am trying to make my way back

prizby
07-28-2010, 09:46 PM
shit

i miss read the question and hit 5+

ochos
07-28-2010, 09:58 PM
lol..

flatpicker
07-28-2010, 10:19 PM
I missed a couple when I was out of the country.
And one where I just had too much work going on.

Whoop
07-28-2010, 10:25 PM
I missed the Vancouver on account of getting into a car accident on the way to the match.

And the Bolton friendly, just cause.

AL-MO
07-28-2010, 10:30 PM
2. One last Saturday because I was sick, and another for a stupid ass reason.

Carts
07-28-2010, 10:31 PM
The True Fans thread has got me seriously pumped! Realized I still haven't missed a home game this season yet... how about you guys??

:scarf:

I hope you're not implying that if people miss games they're not 'true fans'...

True fans have Families... Careers... Part-time Jobs... Illness... Money (ie: for family, kids, cars, home repair, etc)... School... Just life in geeral...

I've missed 2-games, both for weddings - and even though I have missed those games, I'm still a die hard "TFC Supporter" or a 'true fan' as you call it... I will unfortunately miss one more for another wedding...

I missed a game last season b/c I was on the road for work, and another for yet another wedding...

I know some true to the bone TFC supporters who have missed several home matches over the years - and these are the people who would do almost anything to support the club and make our group better, but sometimes life gets in the way...

I just don't like comparing someones support or passion for the club by how many games they have missed...

If its just a curiosity question, then fine, its interesting to see how much time we have all given to be at BMO - just ask it as such...

Thanks guys,
Carts...

Kevvv
07-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Missed Vanc due to business trip. Meaningless unfriendly anyway.

anto7
07-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Have not missed one yet, all the way from Belleville. Long trip but worth it.

AL-MO
07-28-2010, 10:34 PM

True fans have Families... Careers... Part-time Jobs... Illness... Money (ie: for family, kids, cars, home repair, etc)... School... Just life in geeral...

I've missed 2-games, both for weddings - and even though I have missed those games, I'm still a die hard "TFC Supporter" or a 'true fan' as you call it... I will unfortunately miss one more for another wedding...

I missed a game last season b/c I was on the road for work, and another for yet another wedding...

I know some true to the bone TFC supporters who have missed several home matches over the years - and these are the people who would do almost anything to support the club and make our group better, but sometimes life gets in the way...

I just don't like comparing someones support or passion for the club by how many games they have missed...

If its just a curiosity question, then fine, its interesting to see how much time we have all given to be at BMO - just ask it as such...

Thanks guys,
Carts...

I don't think Ochos meant anything by posting this thread. Just a fun thread to discuss how many games you have or haven't missed!

AL-MO
07-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Have not missed one yet, all the way from Belleville. Long trip but worth it.

That is dedication!

I am wondering how many games (other than the G20 game) RPBLondon has missed since 2007.

He is a fixture in 112 every home match!

Carts
07-28-2010, 10:37 PM
I don't think Ochos meant anything by posting this thread. Just a fun thread to discuss how many games you have or haven't missed!

That's why I said "just ask it as such" instead of the 'true fans' bit...

Funny thing, in my list of reasons to miss, I missed yours... I should edit my post to say "........careers, families, and stupid ass reasons, etc..." :D

anto7
07-28-2010, 10:40 PM
That is dedication!

I am wondering how many games (other than the G20 game) RPBLondon has missed since 2007.

He is a fixture in 112 every home match!
Dedication or perhaps I am just out of my mind !!!

Carts
07-28-2010, 10:43 PM

My vote is for DEDICATION...

If you were doing that to watch the Leafs - then I might vote the other way... :D

Carts...

anto7
07-28-2010, 10:48 PM

If you were doing that to watch the Leafs - then I might vote the other way... :D

Carts...
Good point !

anto7
07-28-2010, 10:53 PM
At about 3.00pm yesterday afternoon I was getting worried since I could not find anyone to come with me to the game. At 4.30pm I finally persuaded the goalie off my soccer team to join me. It was his first game, now he is converted !

SilverSamurai
07-28-2010, 10:58 PM
I've only been to 2 game this season.
No job and no seasons keeps me poor.
I've watched every single game on the tv though.

Rhapido
07-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Missed one home game when we were out of the country on vacation, but we've been to two road games so I'm actually still up +1!

:flare: :drum: :scarf:

AL-MO
07-28-2010, 11:06 PM

Carts...

Definitely DEDICATION.

I think we are all out of are minds in some sort of way.

:flare:

AL-MO
07-28-2010, 11:07 PM
That's why I said "just ask it as such" instead of the 'true fans' bit...

Funny thing, in my list of reasons to miss, I missed yours... I should edit my post to say "........careers, families, and stupid ass reasons, etc..." :D

I really can't say it any other way. It was just plain dumb.

Azerban
07-28-2010, 11:41 PM
actually haven't missed one either

eat it

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-28-2010, 11:52 PM
four........five perhaps.

someone knit me a big, red, upper case "A" to wear ;):)

Fort York Redcoat
07-29-2010, 12:17 AM
four........five perhaps.

someone knit me a big, red, upper case "A" to wear ;):)

Haven't missed one yet and I didn't even mean to go to that ununmeaningless friendly..

eat that, Hester!:wink5:

habstfc
07-29-2010, 12:30 AM
Philly y
seattle y
montreal y
chicago y
N.E. y
van n
k.c. n
l.a. y
colorado n
houston n
bolton n
dallas y
motagua y

Brooker
07-29-2010, 12:38 AM
get out your ruler and whip out your dick, it's that time again.

:P

ilikemusic
07-29-2010, 12:40 AM
Ive only been to about 4 games this season but seeing as I was at Tuesday's game, and there is a thread on this board that says true fans attended Tuesday's game, I guess that makes me a real true fan, regardless of how many games I miss. :rolleyes:

james
07-29-2010, 05:09 AM
didnt miss any the first few years, but this year mising alot because im living in England at the moment. Still trying to follow TFC as much as possible tho.

Cashcleaner
07-29-2010, 07:02 AM
I haven't been to a single game at BMO Field this season, but I did take the trip out to Montreal to watch the win against the Impact. Coach GT picked up my tickets so I know my seat is in good hands in the very least.

Hopefully next season I'll have the time to attend some matches. At the moment, it's a combination of my work schedule (nights) and an issue of custody of my daughter that's keeping me away. Unfortunately, the 2010 season is more or less a write-off for me, but I catch matches on TV and online whenever I can.

flatpicker
07-29-2010, 07:04 AM
^ We miss you at the games Cash!
Hope to see you there again soon.

FootieChick
07-29-2010, 07:21 AM
I've missed zero games thus far and don't plan on missing any accept 1... of course, the end of the season... I am a maid of honour in a wedding so I kinda have to be there, so Oct 16th, count me out :(

Wagner
07-29-2010, 07:39 AM
I've only missed a handful of games over the 4 seasons.

3 weddings.
1 more wedding coming up.
and Cracked/Bruised Ribs caused me to miss a game.

But I have to agree with Carts...
if you have a wife/family/life you're going to miss games.
I'm pretty sure your daughters soccer tournamet will trump Chivas on occassion.

It's weddings that really bung things up...
Both TFC and Weddings like saturdays.

anto7
07-29-2010, 07:48 AM
I've missed zero games thus far and don't plan on missing any accept 1... of course, the end of the season... I am a maid of honour in a wedding so I kinda have to be there, so Oct 16th, count me out :(
Unacceptable excuse FootieChick, get your priorities straight !

darb
07-29-2010, 08:00 AM
I've missed 4 or 5. Don't really need an excuse other than summer. Only one that I simply chose not to attend (Bolton).

lintberg
07-29-2010, 08:22 AM
I have not missed one MLS match in all four seasons.
I missed the TFC vs Vancouver match last year, as I was stuck at home with pnuemonia!!

eustacchio
07-29-2010, 08:33 AM
shit

i miss read the question and hit 5+

damn it, me too. I haven't missed a game yet this season.

Parkdale
07-29-2010, 08:42 AM
I missed a game because I had sailing lessons that weekend and it was the only time in the whole summer that would work.

sometimes you miss a game, that's life.

Belfast_Boy
07-29-2010, 08:43 AM
I've missed 3. I don't have seasons tickets. plus all extra $ are going to a trip to Ireland. when I get back it's business as usual, get to as many games as I can get tickets to.

Ageroo
07-29-2010, 08:43 AM
missed Sounders, Wizards, Galaxy & Rapids......life was a calling.......I'll be missing at least 3 more I think as well. Damn family and their damn weddings......

Red CB Toronto
07-29-2010, 08:45 AM
I am going to be missing one this season due to a trip at the end of August, I have missed three home games during the 2008 and '09 seasons due to family things going on.

P-NUTZ
07-29-2010, 08:45 AM
none missed - so far so good third year straight....

no wonder my wife says im selfish and always do whatever i want to and im drunk and broke half the time!

;)

ochos
07-29-2010, 08:57 AM

Thanks guys,
Carts...

Yes - I was thinking of YOU when I made this thread because I wanted to call you out... Get a life :)

ochos
07-29-2010, 08:59 AM

Thanks guys,
Carts...

No one dared imply anything by the way - you should know better because I know you usually read carefully. :D

Roogsy
07-29-2010, 09:01 AM
get out your ruler and whip out your dick, it's that time again.

:P

Then you sir, are in trouble! :lol:

pekduck
07-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Yes - I was thinking of YOU when I made this thread because I wanted to call you out... Get a life :rolleyes:

No one dared imply anything by the way - you should know better because I know you usually read carefully. :D

fixed... lol

i'm always at the home game if i'm in toronto

when i'm not in toronto that often, i make it up with road trips like last year :D

Roogsy
07-29-2010, 09:03 AM
Work made me miss a few games at the beginning, but the real kicker here is that I am going to miss all of August, including the NYRB game! :eek: That's one regret I have about taking vacations in August. It would have been nice to see a favourite player of mine in Henry not to mention seeing Sutz back in town.

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-29-2010, 09:04 AM
this thread gives me fond memories of fall '07 / spring '08 :)

Derko
07-29-2010, 09:22 AM
I will miss 3 games, Aug. 7, Sept 11th, Sept. 25th

KdotOdot
07-29-2010, 09:22 AM
I've missed a bunch of games. After the world cup I couldn't watch the shit show on the home pitch for quite some time.

I mean seriously. Sometime I go out there and I'm all "I wish I was at home getting drunk in front of the TV, at least my feet wouldn't hurt".

Mark in Ottawa
07-29-2010, 09:25 AM
I make as many games as I can but since every game is a road game... sometimes it just doesn't work.

Like JamboAl of the 75 Mile Bastards said.. (paraphrasing)...
"driving 4 hours down & then 4 hours back for a 2 hour game... we must be fans... or just sick bastards" :rolleyes:

Suds
07-29-2010, 09:26 AM
just one game at this point ... but weddings I'm attending in August will cause me to miss another 2

Nodoubtguy
07-29-2010, 09:29 AM
I've missed a bunch of games. After the world cup I couldn't watch the shit show on the home pitch for quite some time.

I mean seriously. Sometime I go out there and I'm all "I wish I was at home getting drunk in front of the TV, at least my feet wouldn't hurt".

I hear ya.....the LA game after the break was fucking tough to watch.

Carts
07-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Yes - I was thinking of YOU when I made this thread because I wanted to call you out... Get a life

Ochos, my apologies, this came across the completely the wrong way as it did single you out... Honestly, not my intention at all...

It was a comment b/c in the past we've had people "question other people's support" for missing games and roadies etc - and even when people have said things like "...I couldn't afford it..." there were replies like "...find a way man, if you really love the team..." and that has always bothered me...

My bad completely as it completely came across wrong...

No worries bud...
Carts...

peter_tfc
07-29-2010, 10:16 AM
3, but one was because I was at the World Cup. The other was G20 and the last was laziness to drive an hour and half to sit in the rain and watch the Canada Cup ceremony.

TFC Via Buffalo
07-29-2010, 10:25 AM
I've missed 3 games in three years. I don't count year one since I didn't know the team existed until half way through the season.

Year 2- Zero misses
Year 3- 2 misses
Year 4- 1 miss(Bolton Friendly)

I know I'll be missing the Columbus game at the end of the year because of my cousin's wedding, but I'll be making it up by going to DC. I hate relatives and their stupid lives. Mine is way more important, damn it!!! Get married on your own time.

JamboAl
07-29-2010, 10:40 AM
I've missed 3 games in three years. I don't count year one since I didn't know the team existed until half way through the season.

Year 2- Zero misses
Year 3- 2 misses
Year 4- 1 miss(Bolton Friendly)

I know I'll be missing the Columbus game at the end of the year because of my cousin's wedding, but I'll be making it up by going to DC. I hate relatives and their stupid lives. Mine is way more important, damn it!!! Get married on your own time.

C'mon man...make sure the cousin's wedding is at 11:00 AM, then have jaahuuu or Steve fly by the church or city hall, and voila...in Toronto by 4:00 PM. Hopefully I won't be the only 75 MB at the Columbus game.

JamboAl
07-29-2010, 10:46 AM
I make as many games as I can but since every game is a road game... sometimes it just doesn't work.

Like JamboAl of the 75 Mile Bastards said.. (paraphrasing)...
"driving 4 hours down & then 4 hours back for a 2 hour game... we must be fans... or just sick bastards" :rolleyes:

It'll be a long time before I do that again. TFC Regina and I were so tired after the Crapids game.

It's not just the time but the cost especially if you fly in and out for a "home game" because you only have the Saturday available. The KC game in June cost me $500 for the flights, food and bevvies.

Chevy
07-29-2010, 11:06 AM
C'mon man...make sure the cousin's wedding is at 11:00 AM, then have jaahuuu or Steve fly by the church or city hall, and voila...in Toronto by 4:00 PM. Hopefully I won't be the only 75 MB at the Columbus game.

Have the cousin whacked.

JUST kidding! Mostly.

flambe
07-29-2010, 11:12 AM
5+ :(

Work/family life with a new daughter has impacted me no end.....

But I haven't missed a game thanks to GolTV and CBC.

DichioTFC
07-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Out of the 13 home games, I've made 8. I'm usually driving from Michigan so that's always a complication. But I did go to the Columbus game and I will be going to NYC in August, Chicago in September and DC in October (probably), so it makes up for it somewhat.

Eastend
07-29-2010, 11:16 AM
I am pissed but I have missed 5 or so+ due to being away on vacation plus the fact that mid-week games are just a killer for me. (work, family) I did go to Motagua and I still haven't recovered.

DichioTFC
07-29-2010, 11:21 AM

That plan could totally work... or get the cousin wacked... hell, convince one of them they dont want to marry the other, it'll work like a charm!!

JamboAl, there should be other 75MBs at the game... I haven't planned past the summer yet, but I'm 98% sure I"ll be at the Columbus game.

TFC Via Buffalo
07-29-2010, 11:23 AM

Mike should be there, probably with Steve. Just not me. :(

koryo
07-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Missed on home game this year because I was sick.

My attendance is pretty good, but it says on my report card that I "don't play well with others".

__wowza
07-29-2010, 11:26 AM
don't have season seats. don't have money. i've been to about 3 or 4 so far, including the fire game in that horrendous downpour. always make sure to catch em when theyre been broadcast though.

JamboAl
07-29-2010, 12:41 PM
That plan could totally work... or get the cousin wacked... hell, convince one of them they dont want to marry the other, it'll work like a charm!!

JamboAl, there should be other 75MBs at the game... I haven't planned past the summer yet, but I'm 98% sure I"ll be at the Columbus game.

Let me know as the date gets closer. I'll be at the top of 110 as usual.

Mike should be there, probably with Steve. Just not me. :(

Make sure one of them is wearing your grass skirt. I'll see you for Chivas next Saturday.

AL-MO
07-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Nice...just got an invitation to a wedding on the 18th of September.

Thankfully TFC are away that weekend!!

DavydMT
07-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Nice...just got an invitation to a wedding on the 18th of September.

Thankfully TFC are away that weekend!!

It is nice to see our friends and loved once paying attention to the TFC schedule and schedule accordingly.

AL-MO
07-29-2010, 12:49 PM
LOL Davyd.

I got fucked last year. My buddy got married at the beginning of April. Problem was it was a two-leg affair. (yep pretty much like Champions League :lol:) First Saturday in Montreal (home opener), the next back here in T.O.

ochos
07-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Ochos, my apologies, this came across the completely the wrong way as it did single you out... Honestly, not my intention at all...

It was a comment b/c in the past we've had people "question other people's support" for missing games and roadies etc - and even when people have said things like "...I couldn't afford it..." there were replies like "...find a way man, if you really love the team..." and that has always bothered me...

My bad completely as it completely came across wrong...

No worries bud...
Carts...

So true lol sorry I was meeting with a client in 2 minutes and rushed those posts out.. didn't mean to sound cranky! I'm really happy this year because somehow I've made it to this point without 'that' wedding/work function/family event taking place during a game.

If there's one person we CAN call out for missing games because he's a part-time supporter, it's Flush. What a jerk...

canadian_bhoy
07-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Anyone that misses more than 2 games a season should have their season tickets reviewed by the club and potentially taken away. I know that when I have missed games in the past, I would just run backwards around the block really really fast in the hope that time would go backwards - then I'd go down to BMO and wait for the match to start....but it never did. In order to correct the situation I flogged my self for 90 minutes in order to make up for missing the match. I think that's fair.

Awesome thread!

MUFC_Niagara
07-29-2010, 03:12 PM
I've missed many matches this eason on the account of the world cup and the manchester united tour. After watching those events I couldn't bring myself to watch TFC. I've been to 3 or 4 games this year. In June and July I didn't watch any TFC games (other than the Montagua game). My seasons always get used though, I hate having tickets go to waste.

jaahuuu
07-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Hopefully I won't be the only 75 MB at the Columbus game.
I'm planning on being there.

I think the only home games I've missed so far are NE and Dallas. I will be missing Chivas and SJ. I'm going to the DC away game. If TFC makes it to the CL group stage I'll probably skip the CL match against RSL, I'm running out of vacation time.

TFCRegina
07-29-2010, 04:11 PM
I've missed 5 plus, but you'll note I've spent part of the year in Regina, part of the year in Ottawa, home games cost me a minimum 400 dollars to do, and can be as expensive as 2000 (if I do it from Regina).

As it stands, I've made it to two games.

For me, every home game is an "away trip."

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Anyone that misses more than 2 games a season should have their season tickets reviewed by the club and potentially taken away. I know that when I have missed games in the past, I would just run backwards around the block really really fast in the hope that time would go backwards - then I'd go down to BMO and wait for the match to start....but it never did. In order to correct the situation I flogged my self for 90 minutes in order to make up for missing the match. I think that's fair.

Awesome thread!

pfffft, tourist. i bet youve missed only one less game than i have :rolleyes:

king dave
07-29-2010, 04:35 PM
KD in Honduras?
Watch out you fucking Central Americans!
The worst? They kill you.
The best? You live to tell:D.
And I can live with 1 eye and 8 fingers.
KD.

Kevvv
07-29-2010, 05:20 PM
KD in Honduras?
Watch out you fucking Central Americans!
The worst? They kill you.
The best? You live to tell:D.
And I can live with 1 eye and 8 fingers.
KD.

As long as they don't cut off your middle fingers or the eye that stays open during "the point"

jabbronies
07-29-2010, 06:42 PM
I missed two games cos I was in Portugal, then I missed the friendly cos those games are a waste of time.

prizby
07-29-2010, 07:31 PM
i missed one...the opening game cuz i had an exam the next day (in Sudbury)

but i have gone on 2 road trips

I will miss anything post september due to being back in sudbury for school

sully
07-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Does the reserves/practice/"fun" game count?

BeerBaron95
07-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Havent missed a game yet

Roogsy
07-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Havent missed a game yet

Well goody for you pendejo! :lol:

Brooker
07-29-2010, 11:25 PM
I missed the Dallas game because I wasn't in the mood for it and I didn't sell my tickets!

Fuck Y'all! Johnny Carver style!

Super
07-29-2010, 11:34 PM
By the looks of the empty seats at BMO, it's safe to say that a LOT of STH's have been missing games as of late.

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-30-2010, 12:20 AM
By the looks of the empty seats at BMO, it's safe to say that a LOT of STH's have been missing games as of late.

chicka BOOM, alex!
lotsa, tonsa judgement happening in this 'thread'.

again, very 2007 esque.
why on earth are people justifying on the internet reasons for games they may have missed, as if that should be held against them, when the real issue is being your best if and when you can be for the moments that count (montagua, cup games, etc). so very childish

..........and for what its worth, im seeing FAR less dick measuring from those who were here in late 2006 ready to support just as readily.

morgank1986
07-30-2010, 01:07 AM
I've missed a 4-5 this year, combination of being out of the country for a month and a lot of friends getting married this summer. It's a shame more of them aren't TFC fans so they could schedule their wedding ceremonies accordingly. :tongue:

Fort York Redcoat
07-30-2010, 07:25 AM
chicka BOOM, alex!
lotsa, tonsa judgement happening in this 'thread'.

again, very 2007 esque.
why on earth are people justifying on the internet reasons for games they may have missed, as if that should be held against them, when the real issue is being your best if and when you can be for the moments that count (montagua, cup games, etc). so very childish

..........and for what its worth, im seeing FAR less dick measuring from those who were here in late 2006 ready to support just as readily.

C'mon N, not everbody could be here in '06. If they want to celebrate how many they've been to and mourn the ones they've missed I'm fine with it. People like yourself will keep it from becoming the call out thread it became in the old days...

uncle p
07-30-2010, 08:30 AM
sadly ive missed more games than ive attended this year lol
Ive worked most weekends this year

Parkdale
07-30-2010, 08:39 AM
.. but it says on my report card that I "don't play well with others".

and something about poor personal hygiene too.

:cool:

Fort York Redcoat
07-30-2010, 08:42 AM
:cool:

When you gonna find the "Deal with it" cool icon?

Parkdale
07-30-2010, 08:45 AM
close....

http://forums.easypooltutor.com/images/smilies/smiley_french.gif

but still so far away

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-30-2010, 08:54 AM
C'mon N, not everbody could be here in '06. If they want to celebrate how many they've been to and mourn the ones they've missed I'm fine with it. People like yourself will keep it from becoming the call out thread it became in the old days...

and pete thats the point, bud. no one should really be 'called' out. being here in '06 is no better than in '10, and being at 9 games doesnt make a person a better supporter than someone here for 6.......i wont hold it against someone who has their reasons for his/her level of support.

is all.

AL-MO
07-30-2010, 09:56 AM
and pete thats the point, bud. no one should really be 'called' out. being here in '06 is no better than in '10, and being at 9 games doesnt make a person a better supporter than someone here for 6.......i wont hold it against someone who has their reasons for his/her level of support.

is all.

I don't think anyone was being 'called out'.

I just thought of this as a fun thread. I was hoping someone would post some crazy reasons why they missed a game so we could all get a laugh.

:D

Parkdale
07-30-2010, 10:05 AM
I was hoping someone would post some crazy reasons why they missed a game so we could all get a laugh.

I missed a game because I had sailing lessons with my girlfriend, and it was an awesome good time. It was the ONLY time we could take the lessons in the entire summer, so we missed a home game. Big whoop. We did catch the last 20 minutes of the game at Joe's.

It was the June 5th 0-0 draw with KC, and everyone said it was one shitty display of dull football. I think it was koryo who said "I'd rather be sitting at home starting at a blank wall than watching that crap".

tfcleeds
07-30-2010, 10:08 AM
I missed a game because I had sailing lessons with my girlfriend, and it was an awesome good time. It was the ONLY time we could take the lessons in the entire summer, so we missed a home game. Big whoop. We did catch the last 20 minutes of the game at Joe's.

It was the June 5th 0-0 draw with KC, and everyone said it was one shitty display of dull football. I think it was koryo who said "I'd rather be sitting at home starting at a blank wall than watching that crap".

^Yeah, that's a pretty accurate description of that game.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-30-2010, 10:25 AM
havent missed a game yet but will miss one game.
i pride myself on my attendence record

eustacchio
07-30-2010, 10:56 AM

is all.

This is the first season that I've had a season ticket (and in 112, no doubt) and I don't know if it'll be available to me next season so I want to make the most of it.

ps I am better than you. Just saying. But you already knew that. :rolleyes:

Roogsy
07-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Pfft...I could have missed every single TFC game ever and I would still be better than all of you...

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-30-2010, 11:29 AM
This is the first season that I've had a season ticket (and in 112, no doubt) and I don't know if it'll be available to me next season so I want to make the most of it.

ps I am better than you. Just saying. But you already knew that. :rolleyes:

and jobless

eustacchio
07-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Pfft...I could have missed every single TFC game ever and I would still be better than all of you...

You maybe, but not the wiz. :)

and jobless

There was never a more factual fact.

Mark in Ottawa
07-30-2010, 11:39 AM
It'll be a long time before I do that again. TFC Regina and I were so tired after the Crapids game.

It's not just the time but the cost especially if you fly in and out for a "home game" because you only have the Saturday available. The KC game in June cost me $500 for the flights, food and bevvies.
I have never flown in for a game... just too expensive.
Then again... staying overnight isn't cheap either.

ochos
07-30-2010, 01:54 PM
^^^ Some effort you're showing :P

;)

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-30-2010, 02:00 PM
There was never a more factual fact.

jobs suck :(
i need to retire.

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-31-2010, 12:31 AM
I missed the g20 game. It was the first home game I've missed.

drek
07-31-2010, 09:16 AM
missed all of em, but got tickets for Aug 7th! pumped to the max

KezmanCCCC
07-31-2010, 01:50 PM
im not a season seat holder... i have only attended 3 matches so far this season.... both Canadian Championship matches at BMO and the 4-1 blow out over chicago fire.... i hope to catch a few more this seasons if some tickets come my way... i usually go to between 2-4 matches per season...

Razcle
08-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Many of us on here do not have seasons. This weekend was the first game I didn't watch in its entirity because I was out of the country. I am not 100% sure why this happens however for games that are supposedly sold out, I do agree there are lots of empty seats. It would be nice to see those filled with the casual fans that have lost hope on getting face value tickets from TFC. I think we could have a lot more people at the games if the system in place was more encouraging to the casual fan.

However I don't have a better system to put in place, I am only saying that whatever system is available is not ideal, as I have many friends that dont even know tickets are available and live <20 mins from BMO

Fort York Redcoat
08-02-2010, 09:02 PM
^Razcle you mean more advertising when a game isn't sold out? I guess that is a concern but not really for us. More for front office.

We're more focused on the people who want to be more than a casual fan. It's not elitist it's finding like individuals. If your friends ask you can always let them know about us. Tell em we don't bite.

Red CB Toronto
08-02-2010, 09:22 PM
I am pumped for the game in New York next week, should be a good one, looking forward to seeing RB Arena.

SilverSamurai
08-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Maybe a better question to ask should be who hasn't been been to an away game and why not? (not to have a "I"m a better support than x, y, z...")

Brooker
08-03-2010, 09:38 AM
uh oh.... here we go... :lol:

Red CB Toronto
08-03-2010, 10:33 AM
uh oh.... here we go... :lol:

You are correct on this one, missing a game here and there due to what most of us have a life, should never put someones stature as a supporter into question.

We all have things that come up and prevent us from making that trek that we all show much love to BMO Field. Lets all just enjoy this team for what it is, our passion.

I personally am missing one game this season that I know of because I have to be out of town that day, but am looking forward to making my way down to NYC next week to see the Reds first game at the new Red Bull Arena along with seeing the US take on Brazil the night before.

KdotOdot
08-03-2010, 10:33 AM
I'll probably miss the next home game. Mostly because I'm sick of watching shitty ball.

Shaughno
08-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Hmm... none missed this year. Only home game I've ever missed to my knowledge was TFC vs Real Madrid.

Edit: I missed ONE game, against LA last year because I was in....

AMSTERDAMMMMMMMMM!

So just smile and blow me!
http://images.starpulse.com/news/bloggers/8/blog_images/jack-osbourne.jpg

ACSertL
08-03-2010, 11:08 AM
I've missed a few games this year...LA and Houston are the only two I think. I almost missed out on the Motagua game because I was too engulfed in the World Cup to buy my seats, but go figure...the first game I miss and I get comped free tickets to the CL first leg :lol:

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

ilikemusic
08-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I'll probably miss the next home game. Mostly because I'm sick of watching shitty ball.

Its gotten to the point where if I am the least bit tired or getting to the game is even the slightest bit inconvenient I just wont bother going.

I can probably count on one hand the amount of times i've left BMO thinking "damn am I ever glad I made it out for this game".

Parkdale
08-03-2010, 02:37 PM
I can probably count on one hand the amount of times i've left BMO thinking "damn am I ever glad I made it out for this game".

well the last two times down there were both pretty good.

Belfast_Boy
08-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Its gotten to the point where if I am the least bit tired or getting to the game is even the slightest bit inconvenient I just wont bother going.

Wow! really? if you hate it then why go?

I'm not saying I'm happy when we've shit the bed, but I'm happy that I was at a football game.

Red CB Toronto
08-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Man do I miss Amado in Toronto, he brings something, Chad is the man though

Red CB Toronto
08-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Chad is the man

SamK
08-06-2010, 12:40 PM
I was in Israel for all of July, other than that i haven't missed a game.

boomcha
08-06-2010, 01:55 PM
I missed most of season 1 since I wasn't a season ticket holder then (but made it May 12, 2007 game and some other game I don't recall) but made to all the games in season 2. Made it to almost all the games in 2009 (only missed last 2 games since I was away in the Southwest and luckily the 5 weddings I went to last year were all on non home TFC days) and I haven't missed any games this season yet. Rain, sleet, G20 no match for me.

ochos
08-06-2010, 02:07 PM
^^^ Well done!!!!

McBrace
08-06-2010, 02:17 PM
I have missed 4 games in 4 years. One was for my own wedding... Not bad for a guy from KW... And yes I hate traffic.

ochos
08-06-2010, 02:28 PM
^^^ Kudos as well! An inspiration for sure!

TFC Via Buffalo
08-06-2010, 03:32 PM
I missed most of season 1 since I wasn't a season ticket holder then (but made it May 12, 2007 game and some other game I don't recall) but made to all the games in season 2. Made it to almost all the games in 2009 (only missed last 2 games since I was away in the Southwest and luckily the 5 weddings I went to last year were all on non home TFC days) and I haven't missed any games this season yet. Rain, sleet, G20 no match for me.

Sounds like me. I didn't even know the team exsisted until more then half way through the first season.

Joe Kool
08-17-2010, 03:48 PM
I usually end up missing about 5 home games per season solely on the fact that my wife comes with me to the games and we aren't always successful on getting babysitters. I bought extra pairs a few times to bring the kids but paying for 4 tickets for every game is not something I can keep up with financially.

torfchamilton
08-17-2010, 04:23 PM
I have missed 3 games total the first 3 years. This year I have missed 12 games so far. I have 4 boys in rep soccer and the schedule has not been kind to us as in the past.

NF-FC
08-17-2010, 07:08 PM
I've only made two matches this year and they were both free tickets

Bars92
08-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Saturday will be 5th game this year. Went to a total of 6 the first 3 years (combined).

Technorgasm
08-20-2010, 05:36 PM
missed one game to take my dad out for his bday

inm your face

rocker
08-20-2010, 05:39 PM
missed one game to take my dad out for his bday

why didn't you take him to TFC?? great father-son bonding opportunity... and you don't have to miss the game.

Toronto Gunner
08-20-2010, 05:56 PM
haven't missed any games this year. I'd say I've missed around 6-8 in total since the team started.

rocker
08-20-2010, 06:31 PM
A better question is:

Given all the beer consumption, how many games can you actually remember?

AL-MO
08-20-2010, 06:47 PM
I'll be missing my third game this year tomorrow.

Hooligan69
08-20-2010, 07:17 PM
I've only missed a couple home games this season due to unforeseen circumstances...

J_Tibu
08-21-2010, 03:06 PM
I've missed more than I would like to...but the funds are lacking to catch every game

Darlofletch
08-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Today was the first game i missed all year. good timing.