PDA

View Full Version : The true fans!!

Bloor West FC
07-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Today was all about the true fans the real fans!!! Most sections today were fantastic!! Section 127-125 were great the entire south end 111-119 was fantastic the feeling the heart pumping the passion was all in the stands today. And this is how it should always be. The supporters sitting with the true supporters!!! TFC were amazing and so were we. This night was epic :)

Bring it back everyday!
Goodnight lads
Cheers

James17930
07-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Now that's the type of post I like to see :)

morgank1986
07-27-2010, 10:12 PM
It really did sound great today.

TFC115
07-27-2010, 10:12 PM
Totally agree with this! I gotta say, i've never seen the north end elites and those fans over there so pumped up and loud. And I sit in 115 !!!!

Carts
07-27-2010, 10:13 PM
From my seats in 109 - that's the best I've heard the South End in a long, long, time...

From the anthem, to the chants and everything...

The South End (including 111-110) - notably the South/East corner was rocking and it was awesome to hear/see...

Carts...

Chevy
07-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Important Game + Night Start + Great Weather + :drinking:+ First Half Lead = :flare::drum::scarf::drum::flare::canada:

Whoop
07-27-2010, 10:30 PM
I love night starts!

Roogsy
07-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Took a newbie to 112 today...diehard United fan, never been in the south end. He was beaming all the way home. I am exhausted. I love this feeling...

TFC115
07-27-2010, 10:32 PM
I love night starts!

Agreed! More weekday night games!

stugautz
07-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Atmosphere would have been the same if the game was a weekend. What changed things was this was an opt in game...so people bought this game to go, not because it was part of a package. Those in the south end, really wanted to be in the south end.

Roogsy
07-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Atmosphere would have been the same if the game was a weekend. What changed things was this was an opt in game...so people bought this game to go, not because it was part of a package. Those in the south end, really wanted to be in the south end.

I think there is some merit to this argument and I hope TFC is listening.

rocker
07-27-2010, 10:57 PM
the north west was very strong too. People really getting into what the NEE were cookin'.

Funny how we didn't miss the missing 2000-3000 people. I found a lot of people were moving into sections they don't have tickets in, and seemed excited by it :)

I agree about the "opt-in" point. The guys who sit around me and barely give a shit were not there today.

DavydMT
07-27-2010, 11:22 PM
i'm tired and very relaxed. well done everyone.

kodiakTFC
07-27-2010, 11:38 PM
It looked incredible on TV and you could really hear it. Huge props.

Yagbod
07-27-2010, 11:39 PM
It didn't hurt that it was a pretty good game too. Great time tonight in 113.

2 days ago you could still buy seats in the south end on Ticketmaster. I was concerned by that. But, it turned out to be an awesome night.

mclaren
07-27-2010, 11:41 PM
anyone know the attendance?

AL-MO
07-27-2010, 11:43 PM
the north west was very strong too. People really getting into what the NEE were cookin'.

Funny how we didn't miss the missing 2000-3000 people. I found a lot of people were moving into sections they don't have tickets in, and seemed excited by it :)

I agree about the "opt-in" point. The guys who sit around me and barely give a shit were not there today.

For sure. Couldn't hear them, but it seemed like they were bouncing all game...and it looked like most of 127 too. (and in to 126)

Nodoubtguy
07-27-2010, 11:43 PM
anyone know the attendance?

someone mentioned 18k at joes.....

It was great today. I gotta say props to NEE, their clap was really amazing even from 115

flatpicker
07-27-2010, 11:46 PM
No doubt... tonight was the best we have sounded all season.
We even seemed to have the Dichio song in sync!
Everyone seemed to be on the same page... it was dynamite!
It was a truly great time this evening.
Well done folks... and well done TFC!

flatpicker
07-27-2010, 11:48 PM
I gotta say props to NEE, their clap was really amazing even from 115

It's not that often that I hear praise for someone's amazing clap!
:D

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-27-2010, 11:56 PM
that clap was infective.

but yes, i was so happy to be in a state of urgency around the section instead of having to worry about which gargoyle moron was going to start some scotts girl chant.

the game meant something and those out tonite knew it and acted the part.

TFCUNITED
07-27-2010, 11:57 PM
Just got back from the game, pretty tired but I had a great time.

Whoop
07-28-2010, 12:03 AM
that clap was infective.

but yes, i was so happy to be in a state of urgency around the section instead of having to worry about which gargoyle moron was going to start some scotts girl chant.

the game meant something and those out tonite knew it and acted the part.

+1

Also helped that she wasn't in front of the section today.

MartinUtd
07-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Crowd was rocking. It was a strange feeling hearing that much noise when there was large patches of empty seats dotted around.

Only complaint would be the guy in 111 who was drinking beer through his vuvuzela then alternating between blowing it, then back to funneling. That and the fresh-out-of-high-school jocks I was sitting beside that we're cheering him on and not watching the game.

Super
07-28-2010, 12:04 AM
My voice is dead - and it was great to be part of a fantastic atmosphere tonight. However, let us all learn from this the lesson: Night games are better than early games - for the football and the atmosphere.

Whoop
07-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Amen Alex. Amen.

Also helps that it was an "international" match.

Super
07-28-2010, 12:16 AM
It does help, but still, night games are so much better for everyone - fans and players alike. At least for June, July and August. The other months, well, 4pm is fine. But yes, I know, I know, we have to cater to CBC.. I just regret the fact that it hurts the product on the field (turning more people off of TFC) and the atmosphere. Honestly, let's learn from tonight and demand that we play at night. F CBC!

ilikemusic
07-28-2010, 12:27 AM
My favourite part was when Attakora (I think it was him) nearly got it out of the stadium but was rejected by the railing at the top of 109.

From my experience, nights games are always the best. TFC should be playing all their home games at 7pm from May/June through till mid-September. I guess 7pm games in the snow arent so appealing to players or crowds (though I personally am dying for some orange jabulani action at BMO), so games at the beginning an end of the season ought to be played earlier in the day, but in the middle of ths summer, nobody really wants to bake in the sun while watching the players run out of gas after 60 minutes; play the games at night.

MLSE should be hooking up with MLS and CBC and getting Soccer Night in Canada (or even better, Football Night in Canada) started. Have Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal playing their games from May through September on Saturday nights. I have no doubt that, regardless of the ratings right now, once people start seeing Montreal-Vancouver, or Toronto-Montreal on the CBC on a Saturday night, they will start watching. I think all parties would stand to benefit from at least putting next year's Vancouver-Toronto MLS matches in prime time.

Hell MLSE, you guys have the leverage and the experience, tell the CBC you will let them show some Leaf games so long as they agree to show some prime time TFC games. :lol:

jaxul
07-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Awesome night at the top of 113. A couple of guys threw in some EPL chants (???) but all in all a great time and great atmosphere!

TFC Via Buffalo
07-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Just walked in the door. Epic night. Could have done without the shitty QEW traffic on the way back. No voice. No energy. Just fantastic all around for everyone and from everyone from the crowd to the boys. :scarf:

Time to sleep!

SoccMan
07-28-2010, 12:53 AM
The only strange thing I found about this game is that only about 5 of the private boxes were in use, the rest of the private boxes were empty, I have never seen this before at a TFC game, the private boxes are always full with people but not for this game most of them were closed with no one in them.

Toronto Ruffrider
07-28-2010, 12:58 AM
This was my first game in the south end in a while. The atmosphere was nothing short of amazing. You take out all of the wannabe fans, posers and fairweather fans and the stadium sounds great. The concentration of hardcore fans and supporters made tonight's game feel exactly the way a TFC game should feel. I don't care if 18k fans showed up tonight, I'll take it over a sellout crowd full of casuals any day.

TFC_Junky
07-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Today was all about the true fans the real fans!!! Most sections today were fantastic!! Section 127-125 were great the entire south end 111-119 was fantastic the feeling the heart pumping the passion was all in the stands today. And this is how it should always be. The supporters sitting with the true supporters!!! TFC were amazing and so were we. This night was epic :)

Bring it back everyday!
Goodnight lads
Cheers

Frank, I was sayin exactly that to Av after the game! The south end was rockin last night! It was awesome to see all of NEE jumping too!

canadian_bhoy
07-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Top O the 112 to ya!

First time I've ever left my row 5 seat to hang back in row 11.

It was like an old boys club back there. Very focused on the match and right into the chanting. Loved it up there and will return. Cheers to the guys who didn't mind me being a stowaway in the row!

As for the rest of the atmosphere last night - More proof that all games should have 730 starts. Screw this 3 or 4pm crap.

dupont
07-28-2010, 08:12 AM
I was able to buy tickets in the south end today for the first time in a very long time. I usually have tickets at midfield. What a difference it is to get to participate in chants and stand for the entire game. I wish I could always have seats there. I wish every supporter could really. It was fucking awesome last night.

ochos
07-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Best atmosphere of the year. You guys messed up the massive after the game outside gate 3 though. You have to get people close to fighting each other in a clearly divisible line before you even start counting down...

Stencils
07-28-2010, 08:16 AM
Great atmosphere and a great match. My voice is hoarse today and I was in 105 of all places. Mostly alone in the chants, but I was right there with the south end in many of them since the sound carry was so good. I could tell that there were other people itching to get into it too.

Shows you that when the south gets going with a great unified sound, it ignites not just the players but the rest of the fans. Let's use this as momentum!

Parkdale
07-28-2010, 08:25 AM
...instead of having to worry about which gargoyle moron was going to start some scotts girl chant.

Craiger's no gargoyle. :cool:

I agree that was one hell of a night. Here's a story from the front of 112:

I'm standing in row 5 (I think) right by the railing and getting warmed up on the drum. Two guys come in and are clearly new to the section. We do are thing and chant and sing and it's clear that these guys have never been in the south bunker before BUT they are both trying to sing when it's an easy chant and are bouncing along with everyone. At the half the one guy turns to me and asks "How did these seats ever go on sale?" I explain that it was an additional buy-in ticket so not every grabbed it. He must have been feeling a bit sheepish, as he actually apologized to me for not knowing the chants very well and said that he felt a bit like an "interloper" in the section. I laughed it off and told him that everyone has to start somewhere, and that everyone in the section felt like that the first time. Both of them got into it and I'm sure there's two new people who've caught the TFC bug bigtime. Good for them!

jabbronies
07-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Everyone brought their A game last night. Lot of the chants were sounding very full!

Props to upper 110. Not sure if that 1 game break was the game changer, but since then, things have been sounding tight!

tfcleeds
07-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Sigh...yet another "magical" atmosphere that I missed out on. Seems to be that way with me. Oh well, who am I kidding, I knew the atmosphere was going to be great at this match. Couldn't make it last night for other reasons.

Razor
07-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Great atmosphere last night....the south end was rocking yesterday!!!

Definitely mad props to NEE as well - they were kicking ass last night.

TFC Cityboy
07-28-2010, 09:03 AM
had a superb time in 112 last night (row 13) instead of my usual 115seats. Crackin atmosphere and the whole section was rocking.
Great night!

London
07-28-2010, 09:05 AM
last night set the bar in my opinion.

great job everyone

Whoop
07-28-2010, 09:06 AM
More CCL matches!

Phil
07-28-2010, 09:08 AM
I was in 115 and it was loud there.

112 was easily heard for the first time in ages in that section. It was so easy to co-ordinate chants and get on the same page.

JonO
07-28-2010, 09:12 AM
112 was the loudest I can remember it, and I don't think I've ever seen 127 bounce like that. Fun times - too bad we couldn't celebrate any more goals.

Also, kudos to the Honduran fan who showed up for his seat in 112 and promptly did this: :leaving:

Parkdale
07-28-2010, 09:15 AM
apparently, the jamblock can be heard in section 223. I like that.

flatpicker
07-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Also, kudos to the Honduran fan who showed up for his seat in 112 and promptly did this: :leaving:

hahaha... he must have felt a little out of place in there.
Hopefully he found another place to enjoy the game.

Boondaddy
07-28-2010, 09:16 AM
114 was loud and proud...was pleasantly surprised by the turnout and the effort!

jaxul
07-28-2010, 09:17 AM
112 was the loudest I can remember it, and I don't think I've ever seen 127 bounce like that. Fun times - too bad we couldn't celebrate any more goals.

Were there any Honduran fans at the game at all? I think I saw maybe one or two on my way out. I would have expected more.

JonO
07-28-2010, 09:18 AM
I only saw a handful...

rocker
07-28-2010, 09:21 AM
there was a honduran fan with his wife and three kids right at the front of 125. Before the game, team reps came over and said hello, so I wondered if he was a travelling fan.
There were also some Honduran fans right at the front of the north stand, displaying a Honduran flag. I also saw three in 124 before the game saying hello to someone on Motagua.

phonzo
07-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Best atmosphere of the year. You guys messed up the massive after the game outside gate 3 though. You have to get people close to fighting each other in a clearly divisible line before you even start counting down...

:) haha...yes but it was impossible to actually be louder then the folks outside of 3 last night. I'm pretty sure everyone still had a blast

Overall fantastic night - well done everyone (especially you mr whoopee).
My voice is basically shot today I just got out of a meeting where I wrote on the whiteboard the entire time instead of bothered to talk...

Whoop
07-28-2010, 09:28 AM
There were a couple of Honduran supporters who walked right into the heart of 113.

flatpicker
07-28-2010, 09:29 AM
There is one thing I would like to see us change in the future:
After Barrett's goal, we busted out the usual TFC-clap-clap-clap.
But how difficult would it have been to switch that to Barrett-clap-clap-clap...?
We are seriously lacking in player chants/songs,
But something as simple as this would allow us to congratulate goal scorers.
And it would work with most names on TFC's roster.
Except for the one syllable names... in which case we could perhaps use their first names.

Know what I mean?

boomcha
07-28-2010, 09:31 AM
112 was in decent form last night. I was one of the guys standing on a seat trying to get the crowd more into it around row 16 but it was a little frustating when the RPB capo and the bottom of 112 always wants to do its own thing instead of going with whats happening already. It kills the mood, go with the flow and 112 will be more like last night, with all of us working together.

flatpicker
07-28-2010, 09:34 AM
112 was in decent form last night. I was one of the guys standing on a seat trying to get the crowd more into it around row 16 but it was a little frustating when the RPB capo and the bottom of 112 always wants to do its own thing instead of going with whats happening already. It kills the mood, go with the flow and 112 will me more like last night, with all of us working together.

I doubt the capo's would intentionally try to kill a song that is already started somewhere in the bunker.
They probably just didn't notice it was happening.
Unless of course you were trying to sing Oh When The Reds for the 20th time, then I would try to drown that out to!
;)

TorCanSoc
07-28-2010, 09:35 AM
That slow clap from NEE was amazing.

boomcha
07-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Unless of course you were trying to sing Oh When The Reds for the 20th time, then I would try to drown that out to!
;)

Yeah its possible they didn't notice it I guess.
Definitely not that song.. just the Woo-ooo-ooo chant.

Parkdale
07-28-2010, 09:39 AM
112 was in decent form last night. I was one of the guys standing on a seat trying to get the crowd more into it around row 16 but it was a little frustating when the RPB capo and the bottom of 112 always wants to do its own thing instead of going with whats happening already. It kills the mood, go with the flow and 112 will me more like last night, with all of us working together.

there were a few times when the drummers would pickup on what was happening in the back of 112 and then the capo would hear us and it would spread. the chants seemed to flow from various sections better than usual. And it's not always a case of the capo 'wanting to do his own thing' when he can't hear the chant that's in the back.

We can just make out the chants from row 6, so in row 'zero' it would be almost impossible to hear. That's why people in the middle work well as a bridge to get the chants up front. And believe me, when the middle and the back were on the same page, the capo will pick up on that one.

Another issue is that often 113 is starting something, and the mid/back of 112 is starting something else, so the capo hears the front of 113 before 112 and tries to get 112 on to that chant. It's tricky, but I think the balance was pretty good last night. Certainly the idea that the capo is just ignoring the section's vibe is incorrect -- he'd be in for a lot of frustration is that was the way it was played.

phonzo
07-28-2010, 09:39 AM
I doubt the capo's would intentionally try to kill a song that is already started somewhere in the bunker.
;)

^^^^^ what flats said.

From the stand if it's loud at the bottom you can barely hear past the first few rows. I try to watch folks and see what they are doing at the top but if I can't make it out I gotta move forward.

(ask prizby he yelled at me from row 7 and I made him come down :p)

Whoop
07-28-2010, 09:40 AM
^^
Doesn't help when you got 80 different people trying to do their own thing.

The best thing to do is try to listen to what's going on and try to carry it to different sections especially when others don't want to listen.

phonzo
07-28-2010, 09:41 AM
^^
Doesn't help when you got 80 different people trying to do their own thing.

The best thing to do is try to listen to what's going on and try to carry it to different sections especially when others don't want to listen.

^^^^

Bluenose13
;)Also if Usector starts something & its building louder, the Capo is left with a decision to make......not an easy job.

Vic was fantastic in the 2nd half yesterday!

Whoop
Another issue is that often 113 is starting something, and the mid/back of 112 is starting something else, so the capo hears the front of 113 before 112 and tries to get 112 on to that chant. It's tricky, but I think the balance was pretty good last night. Certainly the idea that the capo is just ignoring the section's vibe is incorrect -- he'd be in for a lot of frustration is that was the way it was played.

This.

It's easier from the front of 112 to hear what's going on at the front of 113 than what's happening at the top of 112. Same with hearing what's happening in the front of 111 than the top of 112.

Parkdale
07-28-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm just really impressed that when chants got slow in 112*, section 111 would bring in a new one and kick it up a notch.

*which can happen at times, it's all part of the flow

slight redirect of the topic:

You know what would be awesome.... if the 2nd round of the massive was lead by 111 and directed at 112/113. Imagine if it could alternate direction? THAT would be.... massive ;)

Darlofletch
07-28-2010, 09:50 AM
I really really hope we can get through next week and so have more nights like this. Right from the start, it was obvious people knew this was a special occasion and were givin' er. loved it.

Whoop
07-28-2010, 09:52 AM
^^

Amen.

More CCL!

Darlofletch
There is one thing I would like to see us change in the future:
After Barrett's goal, we busted out the usual TFC-clap-clap-clap.
But how difficult would it have been to switch that to Barrett-clap-clap-clap...?
We are seriously lacking in player chants/songs,
But something as simple as this would allow us to congratulate goal scorers.
And it would work with most names on TFC's roster.
Except for the one syllable names... in which case we could perhaps use their first names.

Know what I mean?

That is the one area that we're really lacking, simpler player chants that aren't necessarily regulars, but get busted out when someone does something good.

Fort York Redcoat
slight redirect of the topic:

You know what would be awesome.... if the 2nd round of the massive was lead by 111 and directed at 112/113. Imagine if it could alternate direction? THAT would be.... massive ;)

Reds will go all the way. That's what's suppose to happen. Back and forth. It sounds awesome. More people are learning/bringing it back.

tfcleeds
07-28-2010, 09:58 AM
I really really hope we can get through next week and so have more nights like this. Right from the start, it was obvious people knew this was a special occasion and were givin' er. loved it.

Yep, Cruz Azul at BMO would be amazing.

Hustle
07-28-2010, 10:23 AM
I was in row 9 or something of 111 and it was very very good...there was a flow going on.

Special thanks to that one dude in about row 6 who kept it live the entire game. He was the one who was starting something new when it got a little quiet. I should have bought that guy a beer now that I think about it. He deserved it.

DavydMT
07-28-2010, 10:24 AM
2 cent's while we are talking about capos, I think it would be easier to have capo inside the section maybe row 8-11 near the drum and start chant from inside of the section. Also with capo at row 8-11 it would be easier to communicate with 111, removing capo stand would make more room in front of 112 for the banners and flag waving and you also get a clear view of 113 stand.

Making capo visible inside the section is no a big issue.

Azerban
07-28-2010, 10:30 AM
I was in row 9 or something of 111 and it was very very good...there was a flow going on.

what seats?

Whoop
07-28-2010, 10:37 AM
2 cent's while we are talking about capos, I think it would be easier to have capo inside the section maybe row 8-11 near the drum and start chant from inside of the section. Also with capo at row 8-11 it would be easier to communicate with 111, removing capo stand would make more room in front of 112 for the banners and flag waving and you also get a clear view of 113 stand.

Making capo visible inside the section is no a big issue.

Ideally the capo should be at the bottom IF the whole section is paying attention. The reason for a mid capo in 112 is to communicate with the top of 112, who at times, want to do their own thing.

But it's getting better.

A mid capo in 112 can't hear the front of 113 though.

Roogsy
07-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Exactly.

The midcapo's job is to coordinate with the front capo who in turn is coordinate with the other capo.

Everyone should be paying attention to the capos who are trying to coordinate (not lead the chants or "DJ" as I like to call it) but rather pick up the chants that are starting and carrying them into other sections.

Whoop
07-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Ideally in most parts of the world the capo leads the section. But our situation is a little different because as soon as there is a pause in the chanting someone, somewhere else, wants to fill that void. It appears we'll never get a common ground between the "Sing for 90" crowd vs "Sing when appropriate" crowd.

And short of having timed chants, a mid capo can help the capo on the stand by gauging what's happening on the pitch.

Shaughno
07-28-2010, 10:53 AM
My favourite part of last night?

When Mista came to take the corner late in the game infront of 111-113. The whole stadium just seemed to explode... it got so loud, and as Mista was walking up to grab the ball, he looked up and had a huge smile on his face.

That.... THAT is what make me happy as a supporter.

DavydMT
07-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Ideally the capo should be at the bottom IF the whole section is paying attention. The reason for a mid capo in 112 is to communicate with the top of 112, who at times, want to do their own thing.

But it's getting better.

A mid capo in 112 can't hear the front of 113 though.

Agree and preferably standing on a something higher, an extra meter above row one would be great, but I guess we need to work with what he have.

Can I get your feedback on the megaphone, I tested it at home and it sounded great, but was a little heavy. Should I keep it or look for something else?

Whoop
07-28-2010, 10:56 AM

When Mista came to take the corner late in the game infront of 111-113. The whole stadium just seemed to explode... it got so loud, and as Mista was walking up to grab the ball, he looked up and had a huge smile on his face.

Yeah and that little fist pump he gave as he picked up the ball added to it.

Whoop
07-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Agree and preferably standing on a something higher, an extra meter above row one would be great, but I guess we need to work with what he have.

Can I get your feedback on the megaphone, I tested it at home and it sounded great, but was a little heavy. Should I keep it or look for something else?

It was loud enough I thought. Weight wise it was fine.

Too bad it's not red. LOL

The only negative would be that the handheld mic doesn't stay on the megaphone all that well.

eustacchio
07-28-2010, 11:01 AM
^ Mista's smile was awesome.

At one point last night I was standing in one of the front rows of 113 near the aisle by 112. There were a couple of parents there with their really little kids. To be able to see the older kid stood on the seat behind his parents (the father held the smallest one), and when we did the bounce the first time the older kid put his hand on my shoulder as he jumped on the seat. I couldn't help but smile and put my hand on his shoulder too.

FootieChick
07-28-2010, 11:03 AM

LMFAO!!!!!

FootieChick
07-28-2010, 11:05 AM

:google:

AL-MO
07-28-2010, 11:09 AM

For sure Shags. I got the same feeling when Carver gave us some fist pumps in Columbus a couple years ago.

FootieChick
07-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Athough I didn't sit in 112 last night, I had the pleasure of being invited into 127 and I had a blast! The people are awesome! David (capo) was getting all of the "newbies" (and they had a TON) going as well as 126... he was up down all around, the chanting the energy was everywhere! I was jumping up and down with my RPB scarf and got no flack (accept from friends of course, haha). Seeing 111/112/113 going got us going and it was such a reflective situation. Not a competiton. It was kind of a "monkey see monkey do" for a lack of better words. We could hear the south end chanting it made me smile so big :D

KdotOdot
07-28-2010, 11:12 AM

When I read that I heard it in a Russina accent. Slavic Shags comes up for air every once in a while eh?

Hey Footie chick.

drop the scarf!

Shaughno
07-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Must be that scarf I've been wearing... ;)

TFC_Junky
07-28-2010, 11:29 AM

Seriously, from the front of 111, when he gave the fist pump the volume seemed to jump another 40db!!! Awesome!

nfitz
07-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Yeah and that little fist pump he gave as he picked up the ball added to it.Looked to me like it was a thumbs up from where I was standing.

Either way, that was a highlight!

TFC_Toon
07-28-2010, 11:38 AM
From my seats in 109 - that's the best I've heard the South End in a long, long, time...
Carts...

Could not agree more, the support was in excellent voice last night.

Eastend
07-28-2010, 11:41 AM
114 (front) had the best atmosphere in a while. A few newbies asking about the capos and how things get started so I explained about the supporters groups and the basic function....may see a few new members soon....

Aswesome night all around.

redangeldragnet
07-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Fantastic support last night. Thought it was going to be shit given all the non-regulars, but turns out they wanted to be there more. Wish it could be like that every match. NEE was unbelievable, don't think we've ever seen 2 entire sections bouncing like that.

TFCDP
07-28-2010, 12:08 PM
NEE was unbelievable.. It would be nice if someone got some footage of the two sections bouncing.. It was a great night and sitting in 111 made it that much better. Would love to be there every game... sigh.. one day.

DichioTFC
07-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Everyone brought their A game last night. Lot of the chants were sounding very full!

Props to upper 110. Not sure if that 1 game break was the game changer, but since then, things have been sounding tight!

I was at the top row of 110 for the first time and the atmosphere was simply amazing up there! The bottom of my foot is painfully bruised from stomping on the metal and I couldn't be happier about it!

Sparta did a great job with the drum and the chants were crazy loud! I've had a great time being in almost every section at BMO, but I'll be relocating to the top of 110 next season and encourage everyone else to do likewise!

Borga
07-28-2010, 01:39 PM
From up in 225 the south end looked/sounded great. We had one Honduran fan who held up a Honduras scarf for a couple minutes while talking on a cell phone and then sat down.

We moved across the field to 105? 106? at the half. NEE sounded/looked great as well. Congrats on a job well done to all the supporters groups.

C.Ronaldo
07-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Beer Tent Bandits are back baby!

RedRum
07-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Support last night was beyond epic, well done RPB. Word is that chants could be heard on King Street :thumbsup:

AL-MO
07-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Support last night was beyond epic, well done RPB. Word is that chants could be heard on King Street :thumbsup:

Holy shit, that's crazy!

Yeoman
07-28-2010, 04:08 PM
i hate you all for not being able to make the game
sincerely
a part time supporter

gmacpheetfc
07-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Who Kicked me off the garbage can outside gate 1 lol

SilverSamurai
07-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Excellent atmosphere and makes me even more upset I've only been able to go to 1 other game this season (game against Montreal)
But the south end was rocking. Back of 114 was alright, but seemed 115-116 were trying to do chants as well.

2 comments:
1- my friend noticed the keeper (Donaldo) looked like he had a helmet head. lol
2- my cousin who lives on Queen W (almost at Bathurst) said they were able to hear the crowd cheers.
Well done!
Now about that roof MLSE... ;)

SilverSamurai
07-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Could be heard beyond King ;)

TFC Via Buffalo
07-28-2010, 04:30 PM

I can't explain it. This past Saturday and last night, it has been the best it's sounded since I moved over in 2009. Maybe it was that break where we realized if we just all band together and just let loose. Whatever it is, everyone up there and in 109 should be estatic with what has become of our spot.

kompot
07-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Could be heard beyond King ;)

a buddy of mine got a text in the second half from a friend;

"I can hear the fans from my house. No joke"

she lives at Dundas and Dovercourt!

cementhead
07-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Nascar almost took my shoulder out when we did the bounces that guy can jump!LOL!

mclaren
07-28-2010, 06:54 PM
I was at the top row of 110 for the first time and the atmosphere was simply amazing up there! The bottom of my foot is painfully bruised from stomping on the metal and I couldn't be happier about it!

Sparta did a great job with the drum and the chants were crazy loud! I've had a great time being in almost every section at BMO, but I'll be relocating to the top of 110 next season and encourage everyone else to do likewise!

110 is where it's at - been there since day one. Come and join us.

prizby
07-28-2010, 07:04 PM
sincerely
a part time supporter

probably the reason it was so great this time :p
sincerely
the truth

to be honest...i think for once with the wind not blowing towards Lake Ontario, it made a massive difference!

Dv23
07-28-2010, 07:12 PM
My tickets are right at the southern edge of 125, so I was a little displaced from the true NEE. But most of us did manage to get in on the clap and whatnot. A bunch of us from first and second row even tried standing up (like everyone in 127 and 126 was) but 125 just wasn't having it. Man, what a bunch of stiffs they are.

I was basically next to the Honduran fan that Rocker mentioned. He was traveling with the team, yes. He also mentioned that Guevara wasn't 100% either.

All in all, really great experience though. I've noticed that the NEE has gotten more and more vocal, and it's starting to catch on. Hopefully it reaches me soon.

PJC
07-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Good game, had a blast. I was in 114 for the game and I really wanted to be in the south end. I was hoping TFC would pop in another goal to be on the safe side going into the second leg, but a win is a win no doubt. Chad stepped up to put away the winner, but I thought we were giving away balls with sloppy passes. Nevertheless, great atmosphere last night. I am hoping on a good result when TFC plays in honduras. TFC!

Belfast_Boy
07-28-2010, 07:17 PM
sincerely
a part time supporter

YA! What he said!

extremely jealous here.

you guys sounded great on the feed I watched. Great Job.

Hustle
07-28-2010, 07:33 PM
what seats?

Up against the railing.

ochos
07-28-2010, 09:08 PM

I was 5th row 112 - I'm dead positive we were in a lull and he was trying to pump us up and get us louder... it worked!

anto7
07-28-2010, 10:45 PM
It was so good last night that even my Sec 105 started to get into it. Almost like the good old days were back.

AL-MO
07-28-2010, 11:04 PM
I was 5th row 112 - I'm dead positive we were in a lull and he was trying to pump us up and get us louder... it worked!

Are you sure your attention wasn't on something else? :hump:

Whoop
07-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah like his arm candy. LOL

mmmikey
07-28-2010, 11:23 PM
was at top of 119 and all i heard were drums drums and more drums. the TFC chants in the 2nd half were the only time they were drowned out.

TIRONA
07-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Great time last night... was in 112 with my bro and friend (2nd TFC game/first one ever) and both loved it. They tried to learn the songs and were jumping/singing the whole time.

I really hope TFC can pull off a positive result in Honduras so we can have more of these games. I was able to get these tickets from Ticketmaster and I would do the same thing for every other Champions League game since I dont have season tickets.

Imagine how loud it would get if the whole place (except the west stand centre) was 'general admission'? All the scattered support around the stadium will be concentrated at both opposite corners.

james
07-29-2010, 05:23 AM
i agree that the fact that the fans had to actually go buy the individual game tickets rather then it being part of the season package had a big effect on the type of fans that were at the game Tuesday. Also the fact that the fans who would buy those tickets also knowledgeable about Concacaf Champions League and that. I think half the fans at an average TFC game dont understand the Canada nutrilite games and Champion League games, they think its a friendly meanningless game.

Other good games to go tho can be Saturday night games, i think people are in more of a party type atmosphere rather then a 12-4pm start. Some times people having a lazy afternoon or my case in some passed days still hungover at 12pm from the night before.(that said i still sing and jump)