PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Game: TFC @ Kansas City Wizards (7/31, 8:30 PM)

TFC USA
07-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Huge game. Continuing to drop points on the road is unacceptable. Screw Kansas City's "morale boosting" win against Man Utd, they are still one of the worst teams in MLS and we should beat them. Last time we only managed a 0-0 in a typical Toledo game where he sent off Garcia for no reason but flashed a red to Craig Rocastle.

If we can't beat Kansas City this weekend then I think it's fair to say we're having another summer slump.

twistedchinaman
07-27-2010, 11:50 PM
I think Motagua was our tonic --

WE'RE OFF TO BEAT THE WIZARDS! :scarf:

Carts
07-27-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm guessing Dero won't start this match - and will only be brought on if needed (aka we're down by a goal)...

With Tonight's match, flying to Houston for the All-Star Game, then we're off to Honduras, it'd be nice to give him a week away from game action before the CL return leg...

I guess alot depends on if he plays in the All-Star game, but I'm guessing he'd like the chance to play against Manchester United (unless he has before)...

I'm wondering what other starters might not be playing a full 90? As we prepare for a very difficult task in Honduras...

Carts...

twistedchinaman
07-28-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm guessing Dero won't start this match - and will only be brought on if needed (aka we're down by a goal)...

With Tonight's match, flying to Houston for the All-Star Game, then we're off to Honduras, it'd be nice to give him a week away from game action before the CL return leg...

I guess alot depends on if he plays in the All-Star game, but I'm guessing he'd like the chance to play against Manchester United (unless he has before)...

I'm wondering what other starters might not be playing a full 90? As we prepare for a very difficult task in Honduras...

Carts...

- DeRo
- JDG
- Maicon
- Mista
- Attakora

^ IMO guaranteed not to start in KC, for various reasons.

mmmikey
07-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Ideal..

--------------Frei------------
Gargan---Nana---Cann---Garcia (yes, over hiscanovic. he is ok at LB for now)
------------Joseph------------
JDG-------Labrocca------DeRo
--------Mista----Santos------

i would easily take Barrett swapped in for DeRo/Mista/Santos, etc, just playing a numbers game here.

who i think we will see...
-----------------Frei-----------------
Usanov---Nana/Garcia---Cann/Garcia---Hiscanovic (one of Cann/Nana won't start)
-------------Saric---Sanyang---------
-----Labrocca-------------Ibrahim-----
-----------OBW----Santos------------

ilikemusic
07-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Ideal..

i would easily take Barrett swapped in for DeRo/Mista/Santos, etc, just playing a numbers game here.

who i think we will see...
-----------------Frei-----------------
Usanov---Nana/Garcia---Cann/Garcia---Hiscanovic (one of Cann/Nana won't start)
-------------Saric---Sanyang---------
-----Labrocca-------------Ibrahim-----
-----------OBW----Santos------------

I hope we see that '2nd' squad. Hell, bring up the academy and rest EVERYONE. Tuesday in Hondouras is the biggest game in this club's history.

I will happily sacrafice a mid-season game in Kansas City if it means we are at full power for Tuesday.

jaxul
07-28-2010, 01:12 PM
It will be tough because of travel, lots of games in one week, etc. I will be happy with one point IF we end up advancing in the CL.

DeRo will be travelling like a mad man...I'm guessing he is on his way to Houston at the moment then KC tomorrow and Honduras after!

mmmikey
07-28-2010, 01:35 PM
I hope we see that '2nd' squad. Hell, bring up the academy and rest EVERYONE. Tuesday in Hondouras is the biggest game in this club's history.

I will happily sacrafice a mid-season game in Kansas City if it means we are at full power for Tuesday.

agreed.. thats just my ideal gimme-a-boner lineup right now ;) had alot of fun during the 2nd half.

TFC USA
07-28-2010, 04:45 PM
I think we need to beat Kansas City, 2nd squad or not. We have a virtual gimme against Chivas USA the week after at home but then a double dose of Shite Bulls, RSL, Dallas, and Chicago in that order. That is a really tough schedule after Chivas so I think 6 out of 6 should be the standard and 4 out of 6 the floor.

DichioTFC
07-28-2010, 04:53 PM
It'll be a big test of the boys' character if they can get 3 on the road. Much needed momentum heading into Honduras.

I'm expecting a draw, 0-0 to be honest. I'll be fine with Prekiball for 90 minutes

DichioTFC
07-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Ideal..

I like the ideal starting lineup, but I would like to see Labrocca on the left, DeRo on the right and JDG in the mid.

That's a great 4-4-2 though...yes, even with Garcia.

Darlofletch
07-31-2010, 04:04 PM
so, hopefully our kit will actually arrive on time, which seemed to be in doubt at one stage.

Injuries to saric and sanyang will hopefully limit Preki's ability to play too defensive of a formation, I'd love to see something like what we played against Motagua, but doubt it will happen. Should be interesting to see how Preki manages playing time.

We should be treating this as a winnable game, even though it is away.

Darlofletch
07-31-2010, 05:06 PM
dallas and colorado drew 1-1, so tonight's a good chance to gain ground in the playoff race.

Auzzy
07-31-2010, 07:27 PM
Anybody have a live stream suggestion for this game? The standard source (link from http://atdhe.net/) still isn't live & I'm getting worried.

Unfortunately Sportsnet isn't available at this vacation home in Germany... ;)

PS: Why the hell can't they make all MLS games available online for a fee? They can adjust the fee if they want, based on the location of the viewer, to compensate for TV deals. I would gladly pay a reasonable amount for a reliable, high-quality online feed...

Batman
07-31-2010, 07:31 PM
match thread now open.