PDA

View Full Version : what about Guti as a 3rd DP??

backbeat
07-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Just saying - he'd be an amazing piece to the puzzle and MLSE has the $
talk about marketing potential and we have 2 ex=La Liga players already!!

he's free from Real Madrid according to the BBC and CNN etc.

"I have an offer from Besiktas, but I haven't decided yet," he said. "What is for sure is that wherever I go, I will give everything."

Guti ends 25-year Madrid service

Midfielder Guti has announced he is leaving Real Madrid after 15 seasons with the Spanish club and is weighing up an offer from Turkish club Besiktas.

The former Spain international, 33, who had one year remaining on his contract, joined Madrid's youth set-up in 1985.

"I am leaving with the knowledge that the Real Madrid family loves me and that's very important," said Guti.

"It wasn't an easy decision. But I have a good offer from Besiktas, an interesting one, now we'll see."
Of Real's current squad, only striker Raul has been at the club longer than Guti, who made his first-team debut in 1995 and has gone on to make 542 appearances, scoring 86 goals.

He helped Real win five La Liga and three Champions League titles.

"They're a lot of years and many (were) complicated but in the end I managed to achieve the most important things," added Guti. "So many years here... an unforgettable stage (of my life)."

Along with Raul, who will make an emotional exit from the Bernabeu on Monday at a farewell media conference, with reports suggesting the 33-year-old will join German club Schalke, Guti is an iconic figure at Real.

"He is a special player who managed to surprise us in every game," said managing director Jorge Valdano, who gave Guti his first call-up as coach. "A true Madridista. Today is a sad day because one of our own is leaving." Should Guti move to Besiktas he will be coached by his former Real Madrid boss Bernd Schuster.

prizby
07-25-2010, 10:56 PM
pretty sure this was discussed here:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=23815

backbeat
07-25-2010, 11:05 PM
pretty sure this was discussed here:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=23815

yes but it's been moved to a forum where you have to be a member to access it - so i reworded it to make it acceptable to the general public - or so i thought.

it seemed to me that it should be ok to post things about who we'd like to see on TFC - am i wrong? - have i contravened the policies of this board??

ArmenJBX
07-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Guti is a dangerous player both on and unfortunately off the field...I hear he's got a temper.

Yohan
07-25-2010, 11:27 PM
and last i heard, he's probably going to end up in Turkey

backbeat
07-25-2010, 11:47 PM
and last i heard, he's probably going to end up in Turkey

according to Guti in the papers today;

"I have an offer from Besiktas, but I haven't decided yet," he said. "What is for sure is that wherever I go, I will give everything."

to me if MLSE wants to get BIG attention and get someone who would blow away our attacking mid to produce creativity and the MLS it is Guti

just saying........................

Keystone FC
07-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Guti is a dangerous player both on and unfortunately off the field...I hear he's got a temper.
I read an article in 442 about his tyrates. His on field technique would be heaven sent but I also fear his off the field antics may lead to an even more disrupted locker room.

Pachuco
07-26-2010, 08:24 AM
I read an article in 442 about his tyrates. His on field technique would be heaven sent but I also fear his off the field antics may lead to an even more disrupted locker room.

I read one too about Amado Guevara ;)

Keystone FC
07-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Well, so much for that:
http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=reu-turkeyguti

Guti joins Besiktas after 25 years at Real Madrid.

T_Mizz
07-27-2010, 08:24 AM
Who's Guti? He's been around since the Galacticos and Galacticos II and I've never heard of him? Maybe I just recall the news of transfers and since he wasn't transfered he was overlooked.

Roogsy
07-27-2010, 08:47 AM
There are no rumours of Guti coming to MLS. We've already had one Guti thread moved to the international section. Unless there is some something pointing to TFC or MLS in any way, we will have to close this thread.