PDA

View Full Version : Smokin' in 111

Pookie
07-25-2010, 01:46 PM
To the guy who absolutely needed to smoke around row 31 of section 111 at the Bolton game, I've got a question for you.

My wife and son attended that game in our seats a couple of rows behind you.

The smoke was blowing in their faces. She brought that to your attention. You did put it out but proceeded to go on and on about how it was a "smoking section" and that this would be the first game in 2 years in which you haven't been able to smoke.

Excuse me while I wipe my tear.

You even went further to try to make them feel uncomfortable for the rest of the 1st half claiming that you haven't seen them before and that they would be better served over in the family section. It was the typical soccer mom/family argument.

Are you really that ignorant or were you just having a bad day?

A couple of points for you:

- I'm not sure why the idea of trading seats didn't cross your mind. Smoke was blowing up into the faces of those behind you. You were a few rows from the top. Switch seats, everyone is happy

- You haven't seen us there as we sold off those seats through the year and moved over to 114/115. My son actually likes to chant and support the team and he finds it boring to just stand there. I guess that's your thing but you'd think after 2 years in the same seats you'd get to know a word or two of some of the chants. Next time, he'll give you a tutorial

- While you haven't seen us, we missed you on the New England road trip. Maybe next year you'll come along

- When you left and didn't return for the second half, some of the people around thanked my wife for standing up to you. Apparently, the smoking section you refer to isn't exactly a majority. Check your shoulder the next time you light up as you might be pissing off more people than you think.

I personally don't care if people choose to smoke and hide it. I've been to enough concerts to know that indoors is worse. But on windy days, sometimes that decision is just plain ignorant.

Respectfully,

13CP
07-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Lol nicely done.

Toronto Ruffrider
07-25-2010, 01:58 PM
I had partial packs at the top of 111 last season, and I decided to move somewhere else because of the douchebags at the top of the section. Those guys ruin any chants that RPBs start in neighbouring 112. I swear, it's as if some people only go to TFC games for the purpose of drinking and smoking.

Mayor_McCheese
07-25-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm gonna bite my tongue.

Fort York Redcoat
07-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Well handled, Pook. Better than I would've.

prizby
07-25-2010, 02:41 PM
hold on...s. 111 is a smoking section???

Rockin110
07-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Well said.

And now that it has been said, people would be foolish to smoke in that area. When I used to smoke, I would never smoke in an area that was non-smoking, that is just plain ignorant.

As for the chants from 111, whats wrong with continually doing the same chant over and over, just changing the words.

As in,

I love my "f'in" section
or the ever popular
Wayne's a F'n legend.

Ahhhh swearing just to swear.

As for moving to a family section, when I bought my tickets in 110, we were not a supporters section. We were made that way, because it was easier for the front office to designate us a supporters section then to get us to sit down.

sulfur
07-25-2010, 03:48 PM
When did they allow smoking in the stadium? When I was attending games regularly, the place was non-smoking with a ~$200 fine for smoking on the premises.

nfitz
07-25-2010, 04:07 PM
When did they allow smoking in the stadium? When I was attending games regularly, the place was non-smoking with a ~$200 fine for smoking on the premises.Sigh ...

Yes, it's fully non-smoking. Smoking isn't allowed anywhere in the stadium. Some of the comments above were sarcastic and ironic.

nancymiranda
07-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Lol I hear ur frustration about the top of 111. At the game on Saturday they were way behind on the Canadian national anthem....it was a sad affair. Worse is when they light up joints and try to hide it. Top of 111 is becoming a sad state. At least they haven't sung that stupid Susie bear song

Red CB Toronto
07-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Lol I hear ur frustration about the top of 111. At the game on Saturday they were way behind on the Canadian national anthem....it was a sad affair. Worse is when they light up joints and try to hide it. Top of 111 is becoming a sad state. At least they haven't sung that stupid Susie bear song

You have to remember the top of 111 and 110 is where Suzie is.

sulfur
07-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Sigh ...

Yes, it's fully non-smoking. Smoking isn't allowed anywhere in the stadium. Some of the comments above were sarcastic and ironic.
Yah, I figured that out. Mine were intended to follow suit.

That facitious sense of surprise and all. Obviously didn't come across as well as I'd hoped. :)

Gixmo
07-25-2010, 05:18 PM
.... and perhaps now you understand why I haven't gone back. Pook, You know how I how feel about it. You were an active participant in the Section 111 thread.

It's very sad this continues up there.. I thought we had gained the commitment of those involved this year. Unfortunate.

Gixmo
07-25-2010, 05:19 PM
It's very sad this continues up there.. I thought we had gained the commitment of those involved this year. Unfortunate.

I left 111 after the Chicago match, and sold the rest of my seats off for the year up there and relocated. Not worth the hassle. I'd rather support Toronto, not Torres/Liverpool/Susie

jimiv
07-25-2010, 06:04 PM
I had partial packs at the top of 111 last season, and I decided to move somewhere else because of the douchebags at the top of the section. Those guys ruin any chants that RPBs start in neighbouring 112. I swear, it's as if some people only go to TFC games for the purpose of drinking and smoking.

They were exactly why I moved out of 111 as well.

TFC Via Buffalo
07-25-2010, 06:15 PM
You have to remember the top of 111 and 110 is where Suzie is.

The LEFT side of 110. Right top 110/ left top 109 is the new hot spot. :cool:

Fort York Redcoat
07-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Drown out the douchebaggery, Buffalo. Do it.

TFC Via Buffalo
07-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Drown out the douchebaggery, Buffalo. Do it.

Last game, we were ALIVE and on point for the full 90. I think some of the best we've been all year.

JamboAl
07-25-2010, 07:02 PM
I agree that the top of 110 is great. OK, I'm biased cause I'm up there. But there are some funny characters just below us (one who's middle name must be Chad Barrett).

KdotOdot
07-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Pookie.

Get a grip.

signed,

smoker in 111

Pookie
07-25-2010, 07:36 PM
kdot.

carry on.

http://www.filehurricane.com/viewerthumbnails/79200885900AM_491.jpg

DavydMT
07-25-2010, 07:44 PM
The LEFT side of 110. Right top 110/ left top 109 is the new hot spot. :cool:

you guys looked and sounded very good from 112 on saturday, well done

prizby
07-25-2010, 09:26 PM
maybe i am missing something here but...where is security/police to crack down on this...has no one lodged a complaint when its happening???

Flipityflu
07-25-2010, 10:30 PM
maybe i am missing something here but...where is security/police to crack down on this...has no one lodged a complaint when its happening???

pretty good solution right there...it certainly is done to effect when it comes to the throwers.

Dirk Diggler
07-25-2010, 10:35 PM
People don't call over security because they don't want to be called snitches.

BeerBaron95
07-25-2010, 10:37 PM
pretty good solution right there...it certainly is done to effect when it comes to the throwers.

Shitty deal up there in 111 man.

that still doesnt stop throwers. too many pussies wont point out those low lives.

got a beer cup tossed at me while in the capo stand in 112 on saturday and of course nobody saw who did it though between a few of us finally figured out who it was.... too late as the game had finished though. Then someone said they were 99% sure it was "them" after the game.

phonzo
07-25-2010, 10:48 PM
:picard:

jazzy
07-25-2010, 11:42 PM
When did they allow smoking in the stadium? When I was attending games regularly, the place was non-smoking with a ~$200 fine for smoking on the premises.

exactly.....I've told numerous people to butt out....you are not allowed to smoke anywhere in the stadium.....graciously handled btw, I wish I had the patience, but unfortunately my wife usually speaks up first, and then here we go.......funny how smoke always seems to find non smokers noses..lol

P.S. I too am worried about 111, it must be quite a few of the top seats, up for sale, every week, and I always feel bad when I see new interested fans come out and curiously wonder who the air bags are, overwhelmed by their own importance

Gixmo
07-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Pookie.

Get a grip.

signed,

smoker in 111

Wow, I never had you pegged as that guy.

Take it outside the park.

AL-MO
07-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Pookie.

Get a grip.

signed,

smoker in 111

I was waiting to see how long it would take you to find this thread.

:lol:

TFC_Central
07-26-2010, 07:10 AM
it all depends on whats being smoked. :yum:

rocker
07-26-2010, 10:07 AM
maybe the smoker will die of cancer soon so he can't attend TFC games anymore.

KdotOdot
07-26-2010, 10:33 AM
maybe the smoker will die of cancer soon so he can't attend TFC games anymore.

Pure class wishing death on someone. You must be a peach.

GhostKiller
07-26-2010, 11:26 AM
I get needing to light one up during the game. But you gotta take the heat that comes with it. People love to complain about smokers (a little to touchy for some people) So be polite about it if you need to. Ask some of your neighbours if they mind... try and keep your dart down and blow smoke in the same direction... if someone complains you gotta put it out.... and if you can go without smoke the whole thing, just take a few drags to ride out the nic. fit. Tolerance goes both ways

bgnewf
07-26-2010, 11:30 AM
I get needing to light one up during the game. But you gotta take the heat that comes with it. People love to complain about smokers (a little to touchy for some people) So be polite about it if you need to. Ask some of your neighbours if they mind... try and keep your dart down and blow smoke in the same direction... if someone complains you gotta put it out.... and if you can go without smoke the whole thing, just take a few drags to ride out the nic. fit. Tolerance goes both ways

For Fucks Sakes.

Go outside of gate three at halftime and smoke there. Smoking inside the ground is disrespectful and not cool. If you can't hold off smoking for 45 minutes you are a fucking pussy.

Afra
07-26-2010, 11:33 AM
As a smoker (just under a pack a day), I would suggest that 90 minutes is not beyond the realm of possibility. The craving for a cigarette will go away in a few minutes whether you have one or not. If you cannot go 90 minutes without a smoke, look into quitting options as it is obviously way out of hand.

GhostKiller
07-26-2010, 11:37 AM
For Fucks Sakes.

Go outside of gate three at halftime and smoke there. Smoking inside the ground is disrespectful and not cool. If you can't hold off smoking for 45 minutes you are a fucking pussy.

Is that what makes a pussy? I can think of something else that makes a pussy.

Like I said Bignewf, tolerance goes both ways. If you don't want to show someone respect and decency, they aren't going to give it back to you.

Parkdale
07-26-2010, 11:39 AM
rather than have this move into the world of 'non/anti-smokers' against smokers...

"this is a smoking section" is a hilariously stupid reply to complaints about smoking,
and is more funny than anything. A smoking section at bmo... hahaha... what's next? Free beer?

ManUtd4ever
07-26-2010, 11:42 AM
I think a dedicated pot smoking section at BMO Field would increase concession revenues substantially...:D

GhostKiller
07-26-2010, 11:46 AM
I think a dedicated pot smoking section at BMO Field would increase concession revenues substantially...:D

+1

Only down side is a section of people who can't coordinate a chant.

ManUtd4ever
07-26-2010, 11:48 AM
LOL, I would be even more focused!

fetajr
07-26-2010, 11:49 AM
^^ http://www.n-sider.com/media/hearts18stoned.jpg

David_Oliveira
07-26-2010, 11:52 AM
I really think 111 wasn't that bad on Saturday. Except for the 4 guys who purposely sang the anthem out of time, it wasn't bad. I have half seasons there. I always want to walk down to the bottom but I don't know anyone down there and so I stay and get pissed with the top.

GhostKiller
07-26-2010, 11:52 AM
LOL, I would be even more focused!

It should be beside TRN. Only in this scenario would I want to be beside TRN.

phonzo
07-26-2010, 12:06 PM
oh God.....

It's as simple as Newf said. If you want to smoke go outside where you can and do not be pissed off if you are asked to put the smoke out if you are trying to do it inside. How is there anymore discussion to this?

No one should be pissed off or feel disrespected - it's just the rules.../facepalm

KdotOdot
07-26-2010, 12:08 PM
I smoke in secrecy. I duck and pull my shirt over my head and hotbox my jersey.

Come get me fucktards MUAHAHAHAHHAAHA!! I'l be the guy with my hair on fire!

KdotOdot
07-26-2010, 12:09 PM
oh God.....

It's as simple as Newf said. If you want to smoke go outside where you can and do not be pissed off if you are asked to put the smoke out if you are trying to do it inside. How is there anymore discussion to this?

No one should be pissed off or feel disrespected - it's just the rules.../facepalm

rules are meant to be broken sister.

Parkdale
07-26-2010, 12:12 PM

wait....

when did you start wearing a jersey?

phonzo
07-26-2010, 12:12 PM
:D hells ya but if you get caught or asked to put it out you can't rage. You just wait 5 and do it again I suppose ;)

Pyeddo
07-26-2010, 12:14 PM

lol...

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-26-2010, 12:26 PM

you and techno have it down pat.

KdotOdot
07-26-2010, 12:46 PM
wait....

when did you start wearing a jersey?

My bad. I was lying about the Jersey.

Pachuco
07-26-2010, 01:02 PM

Like I said Bignewf, tolerance goes both ways. If you don't want to show someone respect and decency, they aren't going to give it back to you.

That's fucking funny. Here I thought you were being the one to disrespect the people around you by smoking in the stands.

bgnewf
07-26-2010, 01:49 PM
That's fucking funny. Here I thought you were being the one to disrespect the people around you by smoking in the stands.

This!

Brooker
07-26-2010, 01:56 PM
I used to smoke every game but now it's a lot harder. Used to bring my own alcohol but now it's a bit harder.

i miss the old days.

do not be pissed off if you are asked to put the smoke out if you are trying to do it inside.

deal.

and please do not be pissed when I smile and say "No."

:)

DichioTFC
07-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Meh. I couldn't care less if someone smokes as long as they dont blow it directly into my face. Besides, the lines at Canada's Wonderland were much worse for inhaling second hand smoke than at a TFC game.

Pachuco
07-26-2010, 01:59 PM
I used to smoke every game but now it's a lot harder. Used to bring my own alcohol but now it's a bit harder.

i miss the old days.

deal.

and please do not be pissed when I smile and say "No."

:)

All I ask is don't be upset when I throw a flare in your face :)

Brooker
07-26-2010, 02:00 PM
All I ask is don't be upset when I throw a flare in your face :)

hey! some people can't stand smoke from a cigarette.... there would be a full blown panic if you lit a flare.

TFC_Junky
07-26-2010, 02:02 PM
I really think 111 wasn't that bad on Saturday. Except for the 4 guys who purposely sang the anthem out of time, it wasn't bad. I have half seasons there. I always want to walk down to the bottom but I don't know anyone down there and so I stay and get pissed with the top.

I sit row 2 at the end by the rail. Come by and say hi, promise we don't bite!!!

phonzo
07-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Goddammit this thread continues...

someone post pictures of kittens

celt-nick
07-26-2010, 02:31 PM
what a thead......:facepalm:

Carts
07-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Goddammit this thread continues...

someone post pictures of kittens

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2269/2152561318_b1b33b2d16.jpg

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-26-2010, 02:37 PM
http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/133053_main.jpg

deltox
07-26-2010, 02:46 PM
all the smokers around our section go outside at HT. thats what you should do....

its your choice to smoke. you should go where you are supposed to go. my pregnant wife and unborn child would like to thank you for smoking outside.

ochos
07-26-2010, 03:32 PM
While we're on the subject of rogue supporters, I'd like to point out the group in mid-113 who's incessant "Scott's Girl" chanting is not only annoying, but throws off the entire 112/113 dynamic.

Your chanting sounds stupid, and it is stupid. It's great that we have an asstacular view, and kudos once/twice a game is all fun and games, but to drone on and on about it during a crucial part of the game, only to get scored on while you f**ktards aren't paying attention.....

Watch the game ffs. I'll have no problem calling you out next time

Parkdale
07-26-2010, 03:35 PM
scott's girl chants come from 112 too.

it was funny, for a game, but I think it will pass.

KdotOdot
all the smokers around our section go outside at HT. thats what you should do....

its your choice to smoke. you should go where you are supposed to go. my pregnant wife and unborn child would like to thank you for smoking outside.

well since there is no roof...we..errr...are outside?

Doo doo doo do do doo doo doo! ZING!

nobodybeatsthewiz
While we're on the subject of rogue supporters, I'd like to point out the group in mid-113 who's incessant "Scott's Girl" chanting is not only annoying, but throws off the entire 112/113 dynamic.

Your chanting sounds stupid, and it is stupid. It's great that we have an asstacular view, and kudos once/twice a game is all fun and games, but to drone on and on about it during a crucial part of the game, only to get scored on while you f**ktards aren't paying attention.....

Watch the game ffs. I'll have no problem calling you out next time

YES.....YES......BLOODY HELL YES!!!!!!!!

this nonsense is in my row 7/8 and its disgustingly annoying. almost got into it with 2 of these tourist chivo, daddy's trustfund, frat boy jocko pricks saturday (told them, when they left at 82', to get out and never come back). do they actually think shes going to run up the row and spread table for them?!

Whoop
Have to agree ochos.

EDIT: I'm glad to see others think so.

I'm all for a good laugh... but that chant has been going on for way too many matches now to the point of stupidity.

phonzo
07-26-2010, 03:41 PM
agreed...after she didn't acknowledge my facebook request there is no point in continuing it :D

Whoop
07-26-2010, 03:44 PM
It's been going on for most of the season... it will continue I'm sure.

flatpicker
07-26-2010, 03:48 PM
I've seen some smokin' girls in 111.
And I have never had an issue with that!
;)

ochos
07-26-2010, 03:49 PM
^^^phonzo lolololol.

The first time the chant sounds in the game we laugh. But if all they care about is marginalizing a young girl and sounding like drunk douchebags, then go to a leaf's game ffs. I'm in 112/113 because I want to experience THE GAME.. and believe it or not we actually have some decent players to watch these days.

I'd go out on a limb and call out the south end for the tie on Saturday. Ya, the team needs to not fall apart like shitty dollar store glue. But if we were in full, BOOMING voice, I don't think we'd of gotten scored on... idiots were completely ruining the group's concentration and not joining in on the important chants

DichioTFC
07-26-2010, 03:58 PM
So what did youtube come up with for "TFC" and "Smokin"?

7P05PpXsAcI

Brooker
07-26-2010, 04:08 PM
chad barrett!

GhostKiller
07-26-2010, 04:10 PM

Really? Did you miss the part about if someone asks you to stop to politely put it out? I don't smoke big guy. I understand that people do and it doesn't bother me if the smoke around me. And if it does, I would talk to them like real people who are not doing anything more then trying to squeeze a smoke in. Not like some fucking terrorist out to ruin my day.

Don Julio
07-26-2010, 04:40 PM
I have had 4 drags of a cigarette in BMO over 3.5 years. My season ticket is more important to me than cigarettes, and it's really not that hard to hold off for 45 minutes at a time. Ironically, it's the fact that you have to hide the smoking that makes you unable to control the direction and distribution of the 2nd hand smoke.

I'm generally glad BMO is smoke free, and have no problem respecting that. It's pretty much to be expected in today's society. Unless someone is chain smoking the whole game, though, you have to be pretty hyper-sensitive to be that bothered by a couple wafts of smoke outside, in the wind. Hell, I'm regularly engulfed in clouds of barbecue smoke the entire time at the game.

That said, if TFC ever goes to penalties in a meaningful knockout match, I don't think I could make it without at least a quick puff.

Red CB Toronto
07-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Suzie likes to take it up the ass, Suzie

Razcle
07-26-2010, 06:39 PM
I've seen some smokin' girls in 111.
And I have never had an issue with that!
;)

Damn, I was completely misled by this thread title. I posted looking for tickets in 111 so I could check out the smokin' hotties in 111.

Guess, I can stand in 112-113 for tomorrow's game now.

TFCUNITED
07-26-2010, 08:03 PM
I was also miss led by the title. :D

Pachuco
07-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Really? Did you miss the part about if someone asks you to stop to politely put it out? I don't smoke big guy. I understand that people do and it doesn't bother me if the smoke around me. And if it does, I would talk to them like real people who are not doing anything more then trying to squeeze a smoke in. Not like some fucking terrorist out to ruin my day.

Once again, there is nothing polite about someone sparking a cigarette in front of a child. So I'm baffled as to why someone who does that deserves to be asked politely.

TFC John
07-26-2010, 10:33 PM

So by your logic, if I enjoy making sexist and racist comments (which were acceptable back when smoking was acceptable) then I should be able to keep it up if people don't complain nicely? Smoking is offensive to many people these days. Smoking in a non-smoking area is showing a lack of respect and decency. You cannot claim that the person complaining about your smoking has committed the first offense.

Technorgasm
07-27-2010, 07:15 AM
to me its the hard drinkin, hard signing hard calling party super good times fun section. . .

smoke has not part in it.

Parkdale
07-27-2010, 07:55 AM
to me its the hard drinkin, hard signing hard calling party super good times fun section. . .

smoke has not part in it.

^ game isn't until 8:00pm and you're typing like you're wasted already!

http://www.borninblood.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/smiley-rock-on.gif

Huyton
07-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Smoking:

Kills;
Stinks; and
is banned at BMO.

If you want to smoke while watching TFC, do it at home in front of the TV.

If you want to be at BMO Field, chew some gum, get a patch, go outside the stadium, or just tough it out like your more considerate fellow addicts do.

phonzo
07-27-2010, 10:27 AM

FOOOOOOOOOOOTBALL

Technorgasm
07-27-2010, 12:01 PM

Im not sayin I IS. .
Im nto sayin I AINT. . .

Im not sayin there is a 5th of CC in my Bag
Im not sayin that thsi diet coke can is filled with whiskey. .

Im just sayin. . . .wait. . . . what?

FOOTBAAALLL !!!!

KdotOdot
07-27-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm gonna light one up everytime you assholes sing the Massive. Or any other francophone chant for that matter.

Fort York Redcoat
07-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Allez Allez Allez, Kdot fumee!

Kevvv
07-27-2010, 12:11 PM
makes sense

http://www.cigarettespedia.com/images/b/be/Gauloises_caporal_filtre_s_25_s_france.jpg

Dave67
07-27-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm gonna light one up everytime you assholes sing the Massive. Or any other francophone chant for that matter.

better bring two packs...

celt-nick
07-27-2010, 02:30 PM

I'm bringing cigars and blunts......this lot's too much!!

NEWPY
07-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Smoke em If you got em....

Technorgasm
07-27-2010, 03:13 PM
IN THE FACE!!!

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/14/129157562016168222.gif

celt-nick
07-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Bukkake!!

H Bomb
07-27-2010, 03:31 PM
If im at the movies and someone is talking I dont say 'please be quiet' I say 'shutup'. I do this because they are being disrespectful by talking, going against the code society, not authority, has agreed upon. I also do it because people tend to need to hear their own language in order to listen to whats being said. So I guess what im saying is next time grab the smoke from their mouth, put it out on your arm, and say 'do something'.

celt-nick
07-27-2010, 03:40 PM
If I was a smoker I'd lite a next one and call you a wanker......

Huyton
07-27-2010, 05:13 PM
From http://www.torontofc.ca/supporters/code-of-conduct

In the event that a Toronto FC Season Seat Holder or Partial Pack Holder (“TFC Subscriber”) fails to abide by the BMO Field Code of Conduct (the “Code”) resulting in an ejection from the match, Toronto FC will issue a “YELLOW CARD”, an official warning in writing. Should a second breach of the Code be committed within the same season, the TFC Subscriber in question may, at the discretion of TFC officials, be issued a “RED CARD”, written to the TFC Subscriber, revoking its season ticket or partial pack privileges, without refund.
NOTE: While the decision to issue a “Red Card” and revoke ticket privileges will not be made lightly, it is our highest priority to promote responsible fan behaviour to ensure all fans have a safe and enjoyable game day experience.
The Following Actions Will Result in a BMO Field Ejection Under the Code:

smoking on BMO Field premises
fighting, taunting, or threatening remarks or gestures
sitting in a location other than the guest’s ticket seat
any disruption to the progress of the event by a guest’s actions
throwing objects of any kind*
intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcohol or drug consumption. Click here to view the BMO Field Alcohol Policy (http://www.torontofc.ca/alcohol-policy)
failure to comply with requests from stadium staff regarding stadium policies and emergency response procedures Click here for a full list of BMO Field Policies and Procedures (http://www.torontofc.ca/prohibited-items)

Hustle
07-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Rules rules every where rules...blocking up the scenery ditty ditty do.

TFC_Central
07-27-2010, 05:33 PM
rather than have this move into the world of 'non/anti-smokers' against smokers...

"this is a smoking section" is a hilariously stupid reply to complaints about smoking,
and is more funny than anything. A smoking section at bmo... hahaha... what's next? Free beer?

nope free backwoods for the first 500 at the gate :D

jazzy
07-27-2010, 11:01 PM

think about that when someone breaks a rule and it affects you........different story?....Second hand smoke kills.....and this is not important because?........Certain people were basically chain smoking in 111 tonight and I can't breath comfortably now because of it. Smokers of course wouldn't have a clue about this until they quit, or when it's too late., unfortunately.

rocker
07-27-2010, 11:07 PM

there shouldn't be a rule against murdering someone... then I could choke a smoker to death.

TFCtoMUFC
07-27-2010, 11:19 PM
there shouldn't be a rule against murdering someone... then I could choke a smoker to death.

It's ok, they'll die from lung/throat cancer soon enough.

Technorgasm
07-28-2010, 07:25 AM
The Following Actions Will Result in a BMO Field Ejection Under the Code:

smoking on BMO Field premises
fighting, taunting, or threatening remarks or gestures
sitting in a location other than the guest’s ticket seat
any disruption to the progress of the event by a guest’s actions
throwing objects of any kind*
intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcohol or drug consumption. Click here to view the BMO Field Alcohol Policy (http://www.torontofc.ca/alcohol-policy)
failure to comply with requests from stadium staff regarding stadium policies and emergency response procedures Click here for a full list of BMO Field Policies and Procedures (http://www.torontofc.ca/prohibited-items)

I have done the stuff in bold almost every game since 2007.
this year I am in my allotted seat but. . . . . .

Gestures?
INtoxication?

Ummmm.. . . . . . Arent they part of the RPB charter?

Technorgasm
07-28-2010, 07:28 AM
ps.

in the face.

KdotOdot
07-28-2010, 08:05 AM
think about that when someone breaks a rule and it affects you........different story?....Second hand smoke kills.....and this is not important because?........Certain people were basically chain smoking in 111 tonight and I can't breath comfortably now because of it. Smokers of course wouldn't have a clue about this until they quit, or when it's too late., unfortunately.

Thats your neurocis not the smoke my shun shun.

LCB
07-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Thats your neurocis not the smoke my shun shun.

Seriously. Christ. Find me any doctor who would say a few minutes of faintly smelling cigarette smoke in an open-air, 22,000 seat stadium has any health implications.

Fucking PC bullshit.

Boondaddy
07-28-2010, 09:34 AM
anyone caught smoking around me will be promptly punched in the face.

...in the faaaaaaaace.

nfitz
07-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Seriously. Christ. Find me any doctor who would say a few minutes of faintly smelling cigarette smoke in an open-air, 22,000 seat stadium has any health implications.Yes ... but what kind of loser would be moronic enough to start smoking a cigarette in the middle of a crowd of people in a non-smoking zone.

Health considerations aside, the smell if vile. At least smoke something that isn't so frigging offensive in it's smell, like a cigar ... or even weed.

JonO
07-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Seriously. Christ. Find me any doctor who would say a few minutes of faintly smelling cigarette smoke in an open-air, 22,000 seat stadium has any health implications.

Fucking PC bullshit.
PC bullshit my ass. An open air 22,000 seat stadium would make a difference if the person smoking was on the other side of the stadium, but if he's directly in front of you it doesn't mean shit.

Huyton
07-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Smokers...

Take your arguments up with the management of the stadium. Please explain to them that, unlike the vast majority of your fellow addicts who will smoke outside the stadium, or suffer through their withdrawal symptoms, you are truly special.

Please remember to use words and phrases like "assholes", "wankers" and "Fucking PC bullshit". These are particularly endearing terms that are sure to get them on your side.

If, after all of your carefully presented evidence, they agree that you can be the only ones who can flaut the law out of the hundreds or thousands of your more considerate brethren, then go ahead.

Until then, however...I'd like to respectfully request that you cease and desist from smoking inside the confines of BMO Field.

Thank you.

Boondaddy
07-28-2010, 11:42 AM
^ LOL....post of the day for me!

KdotOdot
07-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Smokers...

Take your arguments up with the management of the stadium. Please explain to them that, unlike the vast majority of your fellow addicts who will smoke outside the stadium, or suffer through their withdrawal symptoms, you are truly special.

Please remember to use words and phrases like "assholes", "wankers" and "Fucking PC bullshit". These are particularly endearing terms that are sure to get them on your side.

If, after all of your carefully presented evidence, they agree that you can be the only ones who can flaut the law out of the hundreds or thousands of your more considerate brethren, then go ahead.

Until then, however...I'd like to respectfully request that you cease and desist from smoking inside the confines of BMO Field.

Thank you.

Come find me and impose your rules. Till then:

Allez Allez Allez Kdot Fume!!!

Oblio2
07-28-2010, 11:58 AM

Fucking PC bullshit.

Im sure some guy thought that in Bradford 20 years ago.....

KdotOdot
07-28-2010, 12:10 PM
what happened in Bradford 20 years ago? Sorry I'm not down with obscure small town references.

Whoop
07-28-2010, 12:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_City_stadium_fire

Kevvv
07-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Im sure some guy thought that in Bradford 20 years ago.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_City_stadium_fire

The only thing that would ignite at BMO is the capo stand. (Not to give anyone ideas or anything.)

Parkdale
07-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Allez Allez Allez Kdot Fume!!!

git yer own chant!

http://www.tenerifeforum.com/images/smilies/tenerife-forum-smoking-smiley.gif

anyway, this thread has run it's course.
The rules at BMO state that the stadium is a non-smoking area, so if you break those rules you risk being kicked out. Is smoking worth that risk? Not my call to make. I don't think there's anything else that needs to be said in here - we've said enough already.