PDA

View Full Version : A question for the road warriors

TFCwestcan
07-24-2010, 09:47 PM
I am going to be in Chicago when TFC plays a road game there on September 8th, how does one get seats in with the travelling TFC fans, I would hate to be surrounded by the Fire fans.

Cheers and thanks for your advice.

CoachGT
07-25-2010, 11:32 AM
A weeknight game in Chicago isn't going to draw many TFC fans. To see any info on RPB road trips you have to be a member. We cannot pass along any information about trips to non-members.

And no matter what, even if there are 100 TFC fans, you are all surrounded by Fire fans!

MartinUtd
07-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Toyota Park never fills so even if you're not seated near any TFC fans, I'm sure you'll be able to move without problem.

Jeffro
07-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Just call their box office and ask if there is a designated area for traveling support.

Dunkers
07-25-2010, 01:09 PM
A weeknight game in Chicago isn't going to draw many TFC fans. To see any info on RPB road trips you have to be a member. We cannot pass along any information about trips to non-members.

And no matter what, even if there are 100 TFC fans, you are all surrounded by Fire fans!

WOW! Is that really necessary? I understand the travel agency rules, and the organization of trips to non members is against the law. But he was merely asking where to meet up...its not against the law to tell someone where you or a group are sitting in a stadium...

This site has become sooo dramatic and political, i think ill go else where for my TFC news

Bring back Jack!

nfitz
07-25-2010, 02:16 PM
There is also the Canada friendly in Montreal the night before against Honduras ... I've heard that there are some travelling to Montreal for this. So that would also cut down on anyone tripping to Chicago ...

... including several of our starters. Presumably De Rosario, Cann, Attakora, and de Guzman will be in Montreal with Canada. Not sure if any of our other players are likely to get called up these days ... but if I were Switzerland, I'd like to lock in Frei before too long ... though a Euro 2012 qualifier against England isn't the most likely place.

Seems a bizarre day for a mid-week game really, given the number of starters who could be missing.

Mayor_McCheese
07-25-2010, 02:23 PM
WOW! Is that really necessary? I understand the travel agency rules, and the organization of trips to non members is against the law. But he was merely asking where to meet up...its not against the law to tell someone where you or a group are sitting in a stadium...

This site has become sooo dramatic and political, i think ill go else where for my TFC news

Bring back Jack!

you ain't lyin.

prizby
07-25-2010, 02:50 PM

Bring back Jack!

one of the perks of being a member is you get to be around the other TFC supporters on road games. For those of us that were in Philly, you could easily tell who was and wasn't supporter affiliated...there were several fans who paid twice as much for there seat (the cost of joining RPB basically) at PPL Park last weekend.

By becoming a member you can get in on the hotel blocks that are set up (cheaper rooms), as well as the group discounted tickets instead of having to pay full price for the ticket

There is also the Canada friendly in Montreal the night before against Honduras ... I've heard that there are some travelling to Montreal for this. So that would also cut down on anyone tripping to Chicago ...

... including several of our starters. Presumably De Rosario, Cann, Attakora, and de Guzman will be in Montreal with Canada. Not sure if any of our other players are likely to get called up these days ... but if I were Switzerland, I'd like to lock in Frei before too long ... though a Euro 2012 qualifier against England isn't the most likely place.

Seems a bizarre day for a mid-week game really, given the number of starters who could be missing.

there is no way Frei gets called up...Benaglio has that starting goalkeeper spot wrapped up for the next 8-10 years. There are probably half a dozen other keepers in there mid 20's to early 30's that are above Frei

nfitz
07-25-2010, 03:03 PM
there is no way Frei gets called up...Benaglio has that starting goalkeeper spot wrapped up for the next 8-10 years. There are probably half a dozen other keepers in there mid 20's to early 30's that are above FreiI'm certainly not up to speed on the strength of the Swiss squad ... I'd say Frei seems better than anything England seems to have in the wings ... what is it about Swiss football that creates good keepers?

Still though, with such an abundance of keepers ... couldn't that be all the more reason to cap tie him during Euro qualifiers - when playing Montenegro or something?

Or is Swiss football simply devoid of the issues the Canadian team has?

prizby
07-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Frei is better than Joe Hart...come'on...I'd rate Joe Lewis and Jonny Steele a bit better to. Frei is a solid MLS player who should an all-star not long from now...but he's no Tim Howard

Dunkers
07-25-2010, 03:22 PM
one of the perks of being a member is you get to be around the other TFC supporters on road games. For those of us that were in Philly, you could easily tell who was and wasn't supporter affiliated...there were several fans who paid twice as much for there seat (the cost of joining RPB basically) at PPL Park last weekend.

By becoming a member you can get in on the hotel blocks that are set up (cheaper rooms), as well as the group discounted tickets instead of having to pay full price for the ticket

Memberships dont work for everyone, since season 3 I have lived on the west coast. It doesnt make much sense for me to become a memeber so I can sit in the same section as the rest of the TFC supporters for 1 game in seattle (i still dont know why more dont come out to Vancouver, Swanguard was a great stadium)

And I work in the Resort Industry, so a group block of 40 rooms isnt really that great a deal, when compared to industry rates.

nfitz
07-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Frei is better than Joe Hart...come'on...I'd rate Joe Lewis and Jonny Steele a bit better to. Frei is a solid MLS player who should an all-star not long from now...but he's no Tim HowardAh, perhaps it's simply that I think Frei has more potential that you do.

Though Jonny Steele isn't English ... he's from Ulster.

prizby
07-25-2010, 09:28 PM
^ I mean Jason Steele oops

DichioTFC
07-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Back to the OP, I'll be going to the Chicago game almost 100% confirmed for it. Call the box office, as where the traveling support will be sitting.

Closer to game day there should be some indication of traveling numbers. Hopefully it'll be a lot, but considering a summer night in NYC is only getting like 6 TFC fans, it doesn't seem likely that there will be a bunch of people going.

DichioTFC
07-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Memberships dont work for everyone, since season 3 I have lived on the west coast. It doesnt make much sense for me to become a memeber so I can sit in the same section as the rest of the TFC supporters for 1 game in seattle (i still dont know why more dont come out to Vancouver, Swanguard was a great stadium)

And I work in the Resort Industry, so a group block of 40 rooms isnt really that great a deal, when compared to industry rates.

Everyone values membership differently. If it isn't of value to you, then fair enough. But for a large number, it is clearly worth it.

RPB also have a sidegroup called the 75 Mile Bastards that take pride in being a member in places far, far away from BMO. So there ya go.

Roogsy
07-25-2010, 09:35 PM

Just forget the "member" issue, I don't think that was an appropriate suggestion.

With regards to getting info...maybe a PM to one of away organizers can get you the info you want. Coach was simply being cautious. We've had problems with TICO about our organization so we have to tread carefully with regards to organizing for non-members. But I don't think sharing where we will be crosses any line so let us know if you need the info or simply ask someone like DichioTFC what the arrangements are.

DichioTFC
07-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Just forget the "member" issue, I don't think that was an appropriate suggestion.

With regards to getting info...maybe a PM to one of away organizers can get you the info you want. Coach was simply being cautious. We've had problems with TICO about our organization so we have to tread carefully with regards to organizing for non-members. But I don't think sharing where we will be crosses any line so let us know if you need the info or simply ask someone like DichioTFC what the arrangements are.

For sure. Was cautious about offering, but send me a message closer to gameday and I'll be able to get ticketing information where most TFC supporters will be.

pekduck
07-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Just call their box office and ask if there is a designated area for traveling support.

This would suffice. Typically, if it is an official trip, we never mind sharing where our designated section after the away FO let us know.

Moreover.

RPB Road Trips are for member-only, for more practical reasons than merely the group rate at hotel, special reserved group tickets allocation (not available to general public), and sometimes organized transportation.

It is the mission and accountability that matters. We are on a mission to be the voice in the stands for our boys. We bring drums, flags and banners in to the stadium through great scrutiny at inconvenient times just to make sure we have the tools we need to bring our support. Many road warriors made their sacrifices by driving down, no time to relax around the town and have to be at the stadium 2 hours prior to the game just to ensure that happens.

We stick together through the thick and thin, always stay in groups and leave no one behind. Those who go on road trips are more than members, we are friends. We have shared stories to tell. Be it the euphoria after 3-2 win in Kansas City last season opener, 6-1 Miracle in Montreal, or the very recent Great Escape from Chester. The camaraderie signifies the road warriors across the continent. Yes, we do have members from all over North America in different time zones and provinces who would make their way to the trips.

Furthermore, accountability is something each member bears. We maintain our good standing and reputation and hold members responsible for misbehaving. We call you out. Membership comes with privileges and responsibilities. From the last 18 or so road trips I went on, include the time prior to membership exclusive organization, it is prevalent and evident that non-supporter group affiliated travelers/fans are often irresponsible and causing destructive behaviors in the stands. Beer throwing, damages to hotel properties, profanity laced vulgar insults to away fans and fellow Toronto FC fans are just some of the observations.

At last, we are not a public travel agent but a member service only team to help organize RPB official events. Therefore we are not permitted to offer public services that includes but not limited to event admission, accommodation, and transportation. Therefore we cannot share the details. However, if any other fans want to travel and simply want to ask us where we are located in the stadium. Simply PM one of the Away Team Members or have one of us respond the question. (Of course, we only know if it is an official trip with organized effort. Always best to check with their FO).

Thanks guys.

Carefree
07-26-2010, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the info Pekduck. I am in the exact same position, where I will very likely be in the Chicago area on game night and would love to attend, preferably with fellow TFC supporters. I will PM you a few days before the game.

Blizzard
07-26-2010, 08:35 AM
Frei is better than Joe Hart...come'on...I'd rate Joe Lewis and Jonny Steele a bit better to. Frei is a solid MLS player who should an all-star not long from now...but he's no Tim Howard

How many of us thought Tim Howard was going to be a Bruce Grobbelaar (or at least near the same level) when he left MLS for the Premiership?

How many of us thought Bruce Grobbelaar was going to be a Gordon Banks (or at least near the same level) when the Vancouver Whitecaps sold him to Liverpool in 1981?

Frei has only been a pro for a season and a half. It's a bit soon to exile him to the ghetto that some seem to think MLS is.

TFCwestcan
07-26-2010, 12:33 PM

First of all thanks for everone's response, I find myself in the exact position, I live in Calgary so it does not make much sense for me to become a member for this one road game. I think I'll just call the Fire and get the scoop on visiting fan seating.... Cheers

prizby
07-26-2010, 06:29 PM
^TwistedChinaMan lives in Calgary
TFC Regina lives well...in Regina

they are members and have the same issues

pekduck
07-26-2010, 06:43 PM
^TwistedChinaMan lives in Calgary
TFC Regina lives well...in Regina

they are members and have the same issues

Nerepis drove from New Brunswick for our away trip in New England and made a giant banner on his own for us to use. Proud member of 75 Miles Bastards (RPB Chapter member who are 75 miles away from GTA area)

However, membership doesn't workout for everyone, it is by choice. I was not an original member. I was simply attracted to RPB and become a member after the very first road trip to Montreal because I loved what I saw. Great people I met, Phil and Connie, on the trip. However, nothing wrong with the choice of not being an member. To each his/her own. Of course, we would always welcome new members who are fond of our supporter group and likes our official road trips. :D