PDA

View Full Version : Pregame: TFC vs. Dallas (July 24)

James17930
07-23-2010, 06:54 AM
Captain Obvious says: absolutely has to be a win.

Here's what I think is our best line-up the moment:

---------------Frei----------------

Gargan--Nana--Cann--Hscanovics

-------------JDG----------------
Peterson----------------Barrett
-------------De Ro-----------

--Santos----------------Mista--

The subs would be OBW from whomever is ailing at striker in the second, and LaBroca if something needs switching up in the mid. The reason I would put Hscanovics in there with Barret is because Hsc. gives us a left foot on that side, and Barrett always tracks back and can help out if Hsc. gets into any trouble.

Cashcleaner
07-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Dallas is gonna be TOUGH. They've scored 7 times in the last five games (not counting Jazic's own-goal in the match against Chivas) with Ferreira racking up his fair share of points. I'm being optimistic because it is a home game for us, but we should be expecting a good fight outta FCD.

Darlofletch
07-23-2010, 08:07 AM
I would love to see us line up with an attacking focus like that. I've seen too many defensive games at home in a row from Preki to believe it will happen.

I'm really hoping that was just because he didn't like 5-hole white, and now there's better options he'll use them.

Mark in Ottawa
07-23-2010, 08:09 AM
Coming down for the game tomorrow... any news on parking at exhibition?
Will it be limited due to aftermath of the indy or other events?
Or should I just park somewhere short and hop the Go Train in from the east?

maninb
07-23-2010, 08:20 AM

The subs would be OBW from whomever is ailing at striker in the second, and LaBroca in something needs switching up in the mid. The reason I would put Hscanovics in there with Barret is because Hsc. gives us a left foot on that side, and Barrett always tracks back and can help out if Hsc. gets into any trouble.

Can't disagree with that lineup dude....also I don't wanna see Garcia anywhere near the field...Hell I don't even wanna see him on the bench!!!

Joe Kool
07-23-2010, 08:21 AM

On Wednesday night alot of the track was still up but the parking lots were mostly open and accessible. There were only a few areas that I noticed had blocked left turns from the track but you could negotiate around. I live in the east and always park at Ontario Place and was able to get to the lot with a quick little u-turn on Lakeshore.

sidvan
07-23-2010, 08:41 AM

Toronto Nationals have a game at 7:00 pm and will no doubt close the public parking lot at Lamport again. it's as if they have decided to have home games every TFC date. Really screws it up for those of us who like touse the Green P parking.

gtaguy
07-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Dallas is gonna be TOUGH. They've scored 7 times in the last five games (not counting Jazic's own-goal in the match against Chivas) with Ferreira racking up his fair share of points. I'm being optimistic because it is a home game for us, but we should be expecting a good fight outta FCD.

If we can shut down Ferreira most of thier decent scoring opportunities are diminished.
Cuntyham is having a bad season I hope he doesn't come here and pop a couple on us. That would really piss me off.

bgnewf
07-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Some factoids to set up the home tie tomorrow between FC Dallas and Toronto FC. Comments always welcome.

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/07/tfc-v-dallas-pre-game/ (http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/07/tfc-v-dallas-pre-game/)

nascarguy
07-23-2010, 05:53 PM
so what is everyone doing before the game

The Oz
07-23-2010, 06:27 PM

The subs would be OBW from whomever is ailing at striker in the second, and LaBroca if something needs switching up in the mid. The reason I would put Hscanovics in there with Barret is because Hsc. gives us a left foot on that side, and Barrett always tracks back and can help out if Hsc. gets into any trouble.

I agree with you except on one thing. Labrocca should start over peterson and peterson should come off the bench. Labrocca is to me a harder working player with a better first touch and overall better skill.

Labrocca----------------Barrett

DichioTFC
07-23-2010, 07:23 PM
FCD is on a tear right now, were 15th in the league at week 4 and are 5th in the league right now.

Still, I'm thinking we'll get a gritty win. One thing's for sure, BMO will need to be LOUD tomorrow to support the boys.

James17930
07-23-2010, 07:58 PM
So no Nana . . . and apparently Harden is hurt too. You know what that will mean . . . the return of Nick Garcia to central defence.

There are no words to describe my dismay.

TFC_Central
07-23-2010, 09:16 PM

nana is outtt

TFC_Central
07-23-2010, 09:16 PM
So no Nana . . . and apparently Harden is hurt too. You know what that will mean . . . the return of Nick Garcia to central defence.

There are no words to describe my dismay.

party time! :flare::drum::flare::drum::picard:

Hooligan69
07-23-2010, 10:51 PM
TFC will pull out a hard fought 2-1 victory...

twistedchinaman
07-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Win we must; home game is opportunity we must not waste!

Same prediction of Hooligan's, I predict...2-1, Mista strikes he will!

</yoda>

rocker
07-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Dallas will get an own goal or PK from Garcia... he'll pass back badly or head it in his own net or blatantly take a player down in the box .... or....

gtaguy
07-23-2010, 11:23 PM
[quote=Still, I'm thinking we'll get a gritty win. One thing's for sure, BMO will need to be LOUD tomorrow to support the boys.[/quote]

Ditto. Today we break this midsummer madness were having and were pulling of a win. :drum: bring on the chant:drum:.. lets get these boys in the mood for some well played soccer.
mista and santos my picks, dero assists on both of them . 2-1 REDS ..

James17930
07-24-2010, 06:07 AM
Dallas will get an own goal or PK from Garcia... he'll pass back badly or head it in his own net or blatantly take a player down in the box .... or....

Maybe if we say it, it won't happen -- like reverse psychology, or something.

DichioTFC
07-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Maybe if we say it, it won't happen -- like reverse psychology, or something.

Maybe if we give Garcia credit for having improved over the course of the year, the positive energy might get transferred to the pitch
;)

ManUtd4ever
07-24-2010, 08:28 AM
If Nana is out I'm afraid TFC will be fortunate to earn a draw today. I hope I'm wrong...

Yohan
07-24-2010, 08:36 AM
isn't this the time when TFC traditionally goes on a mid season slump? /cynic

Super
07-24-2010, 09:14 AM
isn't this the time when TFC traditionally goes on a mid season slump? /cynic

Hopefully we can change that by winning today.

JonO
07-24-2010, 09:25 AM
If Nana's is truly out (and it certainly looks that way) we should play a more attack-minded game. No way we will be able to sit back and absorb any sort of pressure...

bigtfcfan
07-24-2010, 10:03 AM
I have a bad feeling about this game...

DichioTFC
07-24-2010, 10:12 AM
If Nana's is truly out (and it certainly looks that way) we should play a more attack-minded game. No way we will be able to sit back and absorb any sort of pressure...

We'll be susceptible to counters moreso than we already are now.

I think a balanced approach would be good, they'll probably be attacking knowing that Nana's out. With a balanced attack, we'll be prepared to defend and well equipped to counter.

ChrisFizik
07-24-2010, 10:45 AM
yep, a bit worried about today's match. FCD's numbers are impressive.

also, might be a poncho day today -- which sucks.

Bloor West FC
07-24-2010, 10:50 AM
I feel so positive for today's game, I don't know why but I think Toronto will play very hard and are ready to score some goals. I am looking for a 3-0 win. Watch the defense to be very strong and our shooting to be right on target today.

See you all at the game

Cheers :)

denime
07-24-2010, 11:08 AM
yep, a bit worried about today's match. FCD's numbers are impressive.

also, might be a poncho day today -- which sucks.

poncho day :facepalm:

It is +29 and with humidity +40,go shirtless instead of poncho.

pekduck
07-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Dallas, didn't we beat them 4-0 2 seasons ago? :D

I'll settle for a 2-1 grinder win ;)

Bloor West FC
07-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Whats a Poncho, its time to get soaked! Shirts off for the the TFC, shirts off for the TFC. Isn't that what Gargan told Henry LOL. I am too hairy lol, Shirts on for me LOL

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

ChrisFizik
07-24-2010, 11:29 AM
fairplay re: the poncho

well aware of the shirts off chant hehe
let's do this thing

AL-MO
07-24-2010, 11:54 AM
poncho day :facepalm:

It is +29 and with humidity +40,go shirtless instead of poncho.

If TFC are up by 2 goals you guys will have to go shirts off without me.

I'm a little under the weather today and can't make it.

pawlukj
07-24-2010, 01:15 PM
do you guys think the game will get called off because of thunderstorms or rain?

pekduck
07-24-2010, 01:17 PM
what rain?

it's pretty dry out at bmo now

besides.. we've played through way worse

Hooligan69
07-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Can't make it to the game today. Dizzy spells. :(

TFCREDNWHITE
07-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Shit i hope the Thunderstorms stay away!

ag futbol
07-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Is Mista on the sub list?

Edit: I just checked match tracker ... he's there.

nfitz
07-24-2010, 10:27 PM
what rain?:facepalm:

It's all you fault!

(actually, I loved the rain ... after the heat and humidity of the last few days, it was refreshing!)