PDA

View Full Version : DeRo's Scarborough soccer clinic

Oldtimer
07-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Here's TFC's future!

To gauge whether Scarborough kids are crazy about soccer, all you have to do is ask Toronto FC captain and Scarborough native Dwayne De Rosario.
On Thursday July 15, De Rosario wrapped up his week-long De Ro Futbol Clinic at Mclevin Park in Malvern where he worked alongside a group of energetic youngsters aged five to 16 years old. During this time, kids got the chance to hone their soccer skills one-on-one with the MLS superstar

http://www.insidetoronto.com/sports/article/851026--kids-get-a-kick-out-of-soccer-in-scarborough

FluSH
07-22-2010, 03:45 PM
My Kids will go to this clinic... as soon as my Numero Uno turns 5 next year. I was raised in Scaborough and my kids were born in Scarborough... It would make me real proud if my son develops through this program...

andyc
07-22-2010, 05:05 PM
My younger kid went to this.

It was very well organized and run... Dero was there everyday except Friday when the team traveled to Philly and he got Frei, OBW, Sanyang and Dichio to come and talk to the kids.

My son came home every night with a big smile on his face and I'd definitely sign up my son again.

Roogsy
07-22-2010, 05:09 PM
I attended one of the days at the camp. Which ones were your kids? There were so many running around it was hilarious to see a bunch of munchkins kicking the ball around without a care in the world. It reminded me of better days.

And it made me a little sad too. Growing up, I would have given anything to have had a pro soccer player work with me one-on-one like DeRo did with each group of kids. It was a little bitter-sweet.

andyc
07-22-2010, 05:29 PM
I attended one of the days at the camp. Which ones were your kids?

This is my "little" guy with Frei.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=415&pictureid=2495

Not sure which day you were there but we did miss the Wednesday session.

Having a professional team in the city with players that are as accessible as ours is a great thing. IMO, this is definitely a huge step forwards for football in Toronto.

Roogsy
07-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Yes it did happen to be Wednesday.

And DeRo bringing a different player each day was also great. Frei, Sanyang and rumour had it that JDG even made an appearance? Is this true? Awesome...

andyc
07-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Yes it did happen to be Wednesday.

And DeRo bringing a different player each day was also great. Frei, Sanyang and rumour had it that JDG even made an appearance? Is this true? Awesome...

No JDG unfortunately. Frei, Sanyang, OBW and then Danny on the Friday.

greatwhitenorf
07-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Is Robert DeRo his dad? Uncle? He used to run the provincial camps my kid was in at the Sca'bro Soccer Centre. Made the kids work their tails off.