PDA

View Full Version : Post Game: Toronto FC vs. Philthy Union

Shakes McQueen
07-21-2010, 02:55 PM
In the interest of not just letting this one escape down the memory hole forever due to the downtime, any thoughts on this game?

I thought Garcia was back to looking entirely terrible for this one, and I was really unimpressed with Sanyang again (I'm ready to see him benched).

Your thoughts?

- Scott

tfcleeds
07-21-2010, 02:58 PM
^Agree with both points. Instead of getting a point on the road in what were pretty adverse conditions for the players, we end up losing on an injury time PK. What a kick to the balls.

ArmenJBX
07-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Who handballed at the last minute?

Was it Usanov? I was listening to it on the Fan 590 so I missed who actually touched it.

Preki must have been livid.

Shakes McQueen
07-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Who handballed at the last minute?

Was it Usanov? I was listening to it on the Fan 590 so I missed who actually touched it.

Preki must have been livid.

Yeah, it was Usanov.

- Scott

ManUtd4ever
07-21-2010, 03:07 PM
LOL, this is really a post game thread. I thought that was TFC's worst performance of the season since the debacle in New England. I hope the emabarassing defeat against the worst club in the league serves as a wake up call moving forward...

LesH
07-22-2010, 04:09 PM
I was utterly pissed at the beginning of the game, seeing that Preki goes clearly for just a draw. Of course Preki had a good strategy, as we were playing the mighty MLS powerhouse Philly, right?... Errr... or not really?

Anyways was an utter shit game.
But one thing I want to mention, that this was the 5th bad game in the row TFC has played.

All 4 previous home games in row TFC played bad except the defense. Let's be honest and realistic about it!
Now this Philly game had the only difference that ALL the team played shit, the defense included.

Serb_Star
07-22-2010, 04:48 PM
We played like shit and didn't deserve a win or draw.

daner90
07-22-2010, 04:58 PM
I really hope with Mista and Maicon being added to the sqaud that it spells the end of Sanyang.

TFC_Central
07-22-2010, 05:21 PM
I really hope with Mista and Maicon being added to the sqaud that it spells the end of Sanyang.
and chad barret as striker, in the mls we need 3/3 chances in the net not 1/3 those were great chances to score and chad doesn't have the ability to put them in with the frequency we need. WE really need mista and maicon to click up their if we have a chance at a run this year....

Rudi
07-22-2010, 05:40 PM
in the mls we need 3/3 chances in the net not 1/3
The next striker that puts 3/3 chances in the net will be the next winner of the FIFA Golden Ball.

Redcoe15
07-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Better late than never.

I managed to watch the second half of Saturday's game. And I can honestly say, NAIL GARCIA'S ASS TO THE BENCH!!! Seriously, this guy's being back to his useless self. He got out of position for that first Philly goal and nearly cost our side another goal. Please Preki, we can't put up with him any longer.

And Usanov handballing it gave me horrible flashbacks to last year when our side would find ways to fuck it up at the last minute (i.e. Dallas). TFC should have gotten out of there with a point at least.

I just hope Mista works out.

Serb_Star
07-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Playing Chad Barrett alone upfront is just:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

habstfc
07-22-2010, 11:04 PM
I didn't think they played all that bad really, sometimes shit happens. The major complaint I have is we are a playing an obviously inferior team ( tfc 22 points, phi 11 points going in) and we play this conservative 4-5-1 shit, come on. You have to go for the jugular in those cases.

FootieChick
07-23-2010, 07:58 AM

Very unlikely. Preki loves Sanyang and he has another year contract with TFC. He is still developing and is an amazing player.

Juanito
07-23-2010, 09:47 AM
I didn't think they played all that bad really, sometimes shit happens. The major complaint I have is we are a playing an obviously inferior team ( tfc 22 points, phi 11 points going in) and we play this conservative 4-5-1 shit, come on. You have to go for the jugular in those cases.

100% Agree!! You're singing my song chief!

If we are the home team or we are the away team to an inferior squad, we have to attack that shit like Jaws to a bleeding one-legged-man!!

I also hope that Mista and Santos become regulars and they infuse some much needed "O" into this squad!!

Juanito
07-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Playing Chad Barrett alone upfront is just:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

How many times have we won when this is the case? Really, I don't know, but I would bet you can count them on one hand. If this were to happen, I'd run to the store and buy meself some lottery tickets, because it would be a sign from the good lord that miracle really DO happen!!