PDA

View Full Version : Mo says a new signing shortly.

deltox
07-21-2010, 01:50 PM
its now on the TFC site....an interview with mo.....says one more signing in the next week or so.

can anyone make a montage of all the "we are gonna sign a guy.... or ...... im looking for a number 10" videos?

Yeoman
07-21-2010, 01:51 PM
rohan is coming back
fact

BuSaPuNk
07-21-2010, 01:53 PM
^ I wonder if it's that guy from the Manchester United reserves team that was released? Can't remember his name.,

DangerRed
07-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Mo says they're looking to sign a "wide" player, so there you have it.

Stack that midfield, keep playing that Garcia. That's the way to win.

:facepalm:

deltox
07-21-2010, 01:59 PM
a wide player...... like Colin Samuels?

Parkdale
07-21-2010, 01:59 PM

a wide player?

http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/8f/c7/e42c0aaa47c4b557e21284c3af2f.jpeg

*haha... damnit deltox - you beat me to the punch because I was looking for a good picture!

deltox
07-21-2010, 02:00 PM
^^ha

MartinUtd
07-21-2010, 02:06 PM
a wide player...... like Colin Samuels?

LOL.. beat me to it

damn, I'm a full 6 minutes behind. I like how we all thought of Samuel though

STB
07-21-2010, 02:09 PM

Hows Andy Welsh doing nowadays :D

DangerRed
07-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Hows Andy Welsh doing nowadays :D

Hahahaha. Garbage as always. Two goals in 79 appearances for...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/43/Yeovil_Town_FC.png

Lucky Strike
07-21-2010, 02:17 PM
its now on the TFC site....an interview with mo.....says one more signing in the next week or so.

can anyone make a montage of all the "we are gonna sign a guy.... or ...... im looking for a number 10" videos?

All jokes of: "A Brazilian, an Englishman and a Turk walk into Mo's office..." aside, I think we definitely could use another wide player as we only really have Peterson and LaBrocca. Others who might play in those areas are converts only.

STB
07-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Hahahaha. Garbage as always. Two goals in 79 appearances for...

Surely mo must be looking for anyone who is naturally left sided to balance out the midfield or replace Garcia at left back ??

As far as i can recon the only proper left footed player TFC have ever had are Brennan,Welsh and Gala...

KezmanCCCC
07-21-2010, 02:24 PM
I hope its Milos Krasic.... or is that dreaming to big??

bgnewf
07-21-2010, 02:42 PM
If I only had a dollar for every time I heard that one.... Mo Johnston comments on the potential signing of a "wing player". Comments always welcome.

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/07/if-i-had-a-dollar-for-every-time-i-heard-this-one/ (http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/07/if-i-had-a-dollar-for-every-time-i-heard-this-one/)

In one of his periodical trips up from his bunker at the undisclosed location, TFC Director of Soccer Mo Johnston is saying to GOL TV that there is talks of a "...wing player..." on the way to Toronto FC in the next week or so. Whether he is talking about a fullback that can get forward or a true winger that can play out on the flanks to link up the midfielders and strikers of course remains to be seen. Whether a signing even takes place remains to be seen as well, especially considering Mo's proven track record of not exactly being as clear and forthright as he could be in his time here.

I think I have heard this kind of thing before. It sounds like what I like to call "Vu-Ja-De", which of course is "déjà-vu" all over again.

The other issue of course here is subtraction before addition. Toronto FC is now carrying pretty much a full roster and is by most calculations hard up against the cap. I guess that bringing in someone new means that TFC must let at least one player on the current roster go. Raivis Hscanovics must be on the bubble considering he makes a tidy pay packet (100k + I believe) and hardly gets on the pitch these days. Nick Garcia, also highly compensated and prone unfortunately to some pretty horrible gaffes this season, is probably at least being considered for trade or release in this scenario as well (and if not he bloody well should be).

A good friend of mine almost always says in these circumstances that he does not believe anything until he sees the new player actually holding up the strip on the team website before he believes any kind of rumours like this. I think, again based on Mo's track record, I am not going to hold my breath. It'll either happen or not happen. So be it.

And for a man living deep underground in some secret facility away from the difficult questions and prying eyes of the Toronto media, Mo is looking pretty nicely tanned isn’t he??? Maybe he has just been on another "Brazilian scouting trip".

shaggingscot
07-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Surely mo must be looking for anyone who is naturally left sided to balance out the midfield or replace Garcia at left back ??

As far as i can recon the only proper left footed player TFC have ever had are Brennan,Welsh and Gala...

I've given up hope of him ever signing a true left winger!

This club is still useless at getting to the byline and crossing the ball, they make it far too easy for defenders by being too narrow in their approach. It's so much easier to defend when your back's to goal.

anto7
07-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Any bets on it being Ent?

Parkdale
07-22-2010, 08:28 AM
I think I have heard this kind of thing before. It sounds like what I like to call "Vu-Ja-De", which of course is "déjà-vu" all over again.

and I thought Ben knight was the poetic one :cool:

JonO
07-22-2010, 08:35 AM

Not sure, but I think Dunivant was a lefty too. Allocation money - that's all we got for him :( He sure would look good on our back line now...

bgnewf
07-22-2010, 08:37 AM
rohan is coming back
fact

Rohan IS back. He has been back in T.Dot for a while now. Scuttlebutt is he has been trying to get a media job in the city.

jloome
07-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Not sure, but I think Dunivant was a lefty too. Allocation money - that's all we got for him :( He sure would look good on our back line now...

Eek. That was one lousy deal. He played well for us.

STB
07-22-2010, 08:42 AM

Ahhh good call forgot bout him, he always looked like a solid player when i watched him.

JonO
07-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Eek. That was one lousy deal. He played well for us.
I was always surprised there was not more of a stink for him leaving. Maybe it's because he was coming off an injury, so we weren't used to having him around. Maybe I'm just misremembering...

koryo
07-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Mo Johnston says a lot of things that are absolute rubbish. I'm going to wait and see on this one.

Alarius
07-22-2010, 08:49 AM
I didn't think Ent was that bad.. looks like he can deliver good crosses from the wings..

I'm so tempted to add a reference to Lord of the Rings..

ilikemusic
07-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Did he say hes "lookin at a couple of guys"?

I have no interest in the nonsense that spews from his mouth. His word really doesnt mean anything at this point.

bgnewf
07-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Based on what I saw last evening I would not be surprised if it is Ent. He definitely has that "Dutch winger" style of play and is definitely pacey.

trane
07-22-2010, 08:58 AM
I was always surprised there was not more of a stink for him leaving. Maybe it's because he was coming off an injury, so we weren't used to having him around. Maybe I'm just misremembering...

I think it was because he left at the end of season.

colman1860
07-22-2010, 09:01 AM
I've got the nickname "Treebeard" copyrighted if it happens.

reggie
07-22-2010, 09:19 AM
i think the guy mo is talking about is oscar sanchez..he was sitting below me in secton 125 last night.

TFCtoMUFC
07-22-2010, 09:32 AM
^ I wonder if it's that guy from the Manchester United reserves team that was released? Can't remember his name.,

Febian Brandy. I hope its him.

reggie
07-22-2010, 09:40 AM
I think it will be oscar sanchez..he is a leftback/winger from spain.

DangerRed
07-22-2010, 09:51 AM
For those looking, Oscar's full name is Oscar Sanchez Fuentes. His wiki entry (albeit rather brief) is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%93scar_S%C3%A1nchez_Fuentes

Stugatzo
07-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Any bets on it being Ent?

Not sure, but he was impressive last night!

Ossington Mental Youth
07-22-2010, 10:28 AM
I didn't think Ent was that bad.. looks like he can deliver good crosses from the wings..

I'm so tempted to add a reference to Lord of the Rings..

cosign,
hes no big name but i think he will contribute positively

Brooker
07-22-2010, 01:09 PM
sorry, where is this Interview?

anto7
07-22-2010, 01:33 PM
cosign,
hes no big name but i think he will contribute positively
In the Preki past game interview after the game last night he talks about the contribution of one of the players. Said that he would have liked to see him get more touches on the ball but when he did have it he used it quite well. I assume he was talking about Ent but can't be sure since you could not hear the reporters question. Did anyone pick up the name?
Preki sounded reasonably impressed by him(hard to get a straight answer most of the time).

rocktml
07-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Paul Stalteri

BayernTFC
07-22-2010, 01:54 PM
In the Preki past game interview after the game last night he talks about the contribution of one of the players. Said that he would have liked to see him get more touches on the ball but when he did have it he used it quite well. I assume he was talking about Ent but can't be sure since you could not hear the reporters question. Did anyone pick up the name?
Preki sounded reasonably impressed by him(hard to get a straight answer most of the time).
I thought Preki was talking about Mista during that portion of the interview.

JonO
07-22-2010, 01:55 PM
An article on the TFC website (I think) mentioned that he was referring to Ent when he said that. Also, apparently, we're aren't the only ones looking at him...

brad
07-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Columbus were very interested him, but we beat them to him. He was impressive last night. Quick, good on the ball and seems to be able to cross, although we didn't see enough of him to know for sure.

brad
07-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Oh, 37 in the first half - Vukovic played for Hajduk Split where he was nicknamed the Beast. Thought he was way better than Saric

J .
07-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Brandy would be a coup for the team and the League. I think he would do wonders for our club. Our attacks always get stalled if the ball moves out wide, but teams stack the mid so our attack stagnates in the middle too. Peterson is definately not the answer right now nor is Ibrahim. Peterson did make a nice cross to Santos last night, but I need more each game from him to view his play worthy of being a starter.

sidvan
07-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Columbus were very interested him, but we beat them to him. He was impressive last night. Quick, good on the ball and seems to be able to cross, although we didn't see enough of him to know for sure.

Surprised they didn't move on him earlier as he is just down the road in Dayton.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-22-2010, 02:16 PM
I for some reason (with no proof) believe that brandy is no longer a possibility. How many people do we have in our roster? How much room do we have, also re: cap?

Joe Kool
07-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Peterson did make a nice cross to Santos last night, but I need more each game from him to view his play worthy of being a starter.

Are you talking about the goal? If so it was Mista that made the cross to Santos. Peterson passed it to Mista and Mista had to slow down to pick up the pass because it was a little behind him.

Serb_Star
07-22-2010, 03:17 PM
For selfish reasons I hope it's a Serb:D

Hope it's not Rohan....

Darlofletch
07-22-2010, 04:02 PM
Oh, 37 in the first half - Vukovic played for Hajduk Split where he was nicknamed the Beast. Thought he was way better than Saric

I really liked him. "the beast"? I could see that.

Smokecell
07-22-2010, 04:26 PM
I for some reason (with no proof) believe that brandy is no longer a possibility. How many people do we have in our roster? How much room do we have, also re: cap?

he's apparently on trial at Gillingham and working towards a deal there

brad
07-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Here is more on Ent

http://o10legionnaire.blogspot.com/2010/07/7172010-bas-ent-headed-on-trial-to.html

Waggy
07-22-2010, 05:08 PM
I know we've acknowledged that the Mo Johnston twitter is fake, but it does appear to be some sort of insider, it's info is generally pretty solid. Last update:

http://twitter.com/MauriceJohnston/status/19285042175

@MauriceJohnston: It's done! It's done! It's done! It's done! It's done! It's done! It's done! It's done! It's done! It's done! It's done! It's done!
39 minutes ago via web

So we got that going for us. Which is nice

Azerban
07-22-2010, 05:11 PM
maybe he just finished passing a kidney stone

TFCRegina
07-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Rohan IS back. He has been back in T.Dot for a while now. Scuttlebutt is he has been trying to get a media job in the city.

He'd be a not bad media type. I enjoyed Rollin' with Ricketts, somewhat comical show...but I wished he put as much effort into playing as he did into running RwR

Fushida
07-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Are you talking about the goal? If so it was Mista that made the cross to Santos. Peterson passed it to Mista and Mista had to slow down to pick up the pass because it was a little behind him.

Well I hope you also didn't miss the fact that Peterson outpaced a Bolton player and had a very nice first touch which gave him the room to pass to Mista. He's an okay depth player at least, and I think with time he will show more offensively. Like it or not, he's one of the few players on this team who can actually play on the wing.

jloome
07-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Brandy would be a coup for the team and the League. I think he would do wonders for our club. Our attacks always get stalled if the ball moves out wide, but teams stack the mid so our attack stagnates in the middle too. Peterson is definately not the answer right now nor is Ibrahim. Peterson did make a nice cross to Santos last night, but I need more each game from him to view his play worthy of being a starter.

Febian Brandy would crash and burn in MLS like a Northwest pilot on a three-week bender. Too small, poor movement off the ball. Great jets, but that'll do very little good against man-up full-field pressure, which is what almost every MLS team plays. He'd be Andy Welsh, Part 2. And if you look at his loan record, that might be a compliment.

jloome
07-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Well I hope you also didn't miss the fact that Peterson outpaced a Bolton player and had a very nice first touch which gave him the room to pass to Mista. He's an okay depth player at least, and I think with time he will show more offensively. Like it or not, he's one of the few players on this team who can actually play on the wing.

Seems very good going forward, pretty poor going back. Great energy and a good touch, though.

We should sign Nicholas Lindsay before we lose him to NCAA.

reggie
07-22-2010, 07:46 PM
i would be totally surprized if it was not oscar sanchez they sign.
he was at the game yesterday with his wife some spanish dude that was sitting with mista 2 wks ago and he was chatting it up with saric for most of the game.
i think this spanish dude may be working for tfc,he was up in the box with juilan and mista last saturday,

twistedchinaman
07-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Who's "Ent"?

ArmenJBX
07-22-2010, 10:55 PM
A winger from holland

KezmanCCCC
07-22-2010, 11:38 PM
For selfish reasons I hope it's a Serb:D

Hope it's not Rohan....

I told you it will be milos krasic...

oh wait i keep mistaking us for juve for some reason... :picard:

Super
07-22-2010, 11:48 PM
Ughh, I don't like this picture at all (from the Ent article). BMO looks so much better with the new North stand. And look at the fake turf glistening. Ackkk.. Delete, delete!

http://www.oleole.com/media/main/images/member_photos/group1/subgrp449/armandoguevarataking_246546.jpg

Keystone FC
07-23-2010, 12:39 AM
Who's "Ent"?

A winger from holland
Who currently plays for the Dayton Dutch Lions in the Great Lakes Division of the USL PDL.

ilikemusic
07-23-2010, 02:24 AM
Its Robbie Keane!

sampace
07-23-2010, 10:41 AM
Luca Toni anyone?

ArmenJBX
07-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Supposedly the signing is Ent.

Vukovic has been given an extended trial.

reggie
07-23-2010, 10:50 AM
all these signings...but who is leaving?

ginkster88
07-23-2010, 10:53 AM
all these signings...but who is leaving?

Well... Cronin for Allo probably gives us some space. Mo can probably sign half-season deals as well, giving him more room to work with.

reggie
07-23-2010, 10:58 AM
I meant roster size...im sure ent wont cost them that much.

rocker
07-23-2010, 11:07 AM
we gotta be maxed out on roster spots, eh? I'm too lazy to count.

razor787
07-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Cut Hscanovics and Garcia to bring in the new guys. Would be perfect.

TFC_Junky
07-23-2010, 12:21 PM

I'd love to see Vukovic sign. I was really impressed in the first half of the Bolton game how he went for everything. Not holding back. Could be another Sanyang but would be a huge improvment over Saric!

Luanda
07-23-2010, 04:57 PM
we gotta be maxed out on roster spots, eh? I'm too lazy to count.

With Maicon and Mista, the roster [currently on the TFC website] adds to 23 bodies: Emmanuel Gomez is not there.

So, one spot seems to be open.

Luanda
07-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Cut Hscanovics and Garcia to bring in the new guys. Would be perfect.

Usanov and Ibby are also possible candidates. Not sure about Nane Joseph.

MFG1
07-23-2010, 06:54 PM
So if this Dipshit Mo, is filling his squad with players that are only going to be around till the end of the season, just to save his ass by hopefully getting into the playoffs, Where is this going to leave us at the end of the season? Thats right, back at day 1.

I still would like to see him removed at the end of the season, regardless of where we finish.

CretanBull
07-23-2010, 07:03 PM
I really liked what I saw from Ent...he doesn't really have refined skill, but he was playing with passion - fighting for position, fighting for loose balls, fighting through tackles. It was refreshing to see.

T_Mizz
07-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Any chance it's an academy signing finally? We've been seeing a lot of them lately and they've looked impressive, plus according to the (un)official roster spot thread, those are the only spots we have left.

razor787
07-24-2010, 12:56 AM
Usanov and Ibby are also possible candidates. Not sure about Nane Joseph.

Usanov is acceptable as a depth player, I would keep him on for now.

Ibby is a GA player and wont be leaving. Plus, he is a young kid, and will be gaining more expeience as time goes on. He is someone we should keep on, in another season or two, he could be a respectable MLS Striker.

nfitz
07-24-2010, 02:02 AM
Any chance it's an academy signing finally? We've been seeing a lot of them lately and they've looked impressive, plus according to the (un)official roster spot thread, those are the only spots we have left.Does Gomez count as a roster spot? I thought there was a provision for season-ending injuries.

KezmanCCCC
07-24-2010, 02:19 AM
why dosnt mo look into Dave van den Bergh? i remember he was pretty good down the wing for the red bulls and dallas the last few seasons... hes currently without a club... he just kind of old... maybe has a season and a half left in him...

KezmanCCCC
07-24-2010, 02:21 AM

i hope not... i didnt think ent looked all that great... and where would he fit into the club?? i think labrocca and peterson are better than him from what i saw vs bolton...

CretanBull
07-24-2010, 02:40 AM
i hope not... i didnt think ent looked all that great... and where would he fit into the club?? i think labrocca and peterson are better than him from what i saw vs bolton...

I wouldn't say that Ent looked "great" but I liked what I saw. He went shoulder to shoulder with Steinesson, used his for-arm to hold him off, fought for his position and did it all with his eye on the ball (they were both going after a loose ball). Anyone else on our team other than Barrett would have either been beaten, not had the hustle to go for it or taken a dive.

Luanda
07-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Does MO know the meaning of "shortly"?

J .
07-24-2010, 02:37 PM
I am hoping for a player with a little more than Ent. I dont think he does it for me. I would like to see that young kid defender from the Academy or Nicolas Lindsay in his place. But we really need an attacking wing player to give our offense some pop.

backbeat
07-26-2010, 12:13 PM
tick, tock.....

still waiting......

anybody hear anything?

oscar sanchez???

anything???

razor787
07-26-2010, 12:15 PM
My guess is its not happening. If we wer to sign someone, it would have happened

backbeat
07-26-2010, 12:22 PM
My guess is its not happening. If we wer to sign someone, it would have happened

i think Mo said in the interview he was hoping by the end of last week or this week - so whatever that's worth - but it has been very quiet.

someone did post that Sanchez was at one of the games. we need a winger that's for sure, if we want to go anywhere in CONCACAF or the playoffs...

Waggy
07-26-2010, 12:27 PM
So if this Dipshit Mo, is filling his squad with players that are only going to be around till the end of the season, just to save his ass by hopefully getting into the playoffs, Where is this going to leave us at the end of the season? Thats right, back at day 1.

I still would like to see him removed at the end of the season, regardless of where we finish.

Wait, didn't people (including me) kill Mo in past years for giving big money and long term deals to players who hadn't proved themselves to be effective? That our roster was hamstrung, and unable to improve because we couldn't bring in new players or ship out old ones? Now that he's actually leaving the club with flexibility past this season that's the problem? Really? Outside of the few obvious guys, who do you WANT on this team (a mid level eastern conference club who will be fighting tooth and nail to just make the playoffs, forget win the league) to be signed long term? Especially since in all likelyhood this will be Mo's last season in charge of the club. It's posts like these that are the reason I don't visit this forum like I used to.

KezmanCCCC
07-26-2010, 12:27 PM
there are a couple of canadian defenders that are free agents at the moment that mo could/should take a look at....

Richard Hastings and Eddy Sidra (hes a young defender and i dont think would cost to much)...

but as of now i think mo was talking shit.... and if it was ent that he was looking at then im glad it didnt go through...

TFC_Central
07-26-2010, 12:30 PM
I wouldn't say that Ent looked "great" but I liked what I saw. He went shoulder to shoulder with Steinesson, used his for-arm to hold him off, fought for his position and did it all with his eye on the ball (they were both going after a loose ball). Anyone else on our team other than Barrett would have either been beaten, not had the hustle to go for it or taken a dive.

:picard:

rocker
07-26-2010, 12:54 PM
there are a couple of canadian defenders that are free agents at the moment that mo could/should take a look at....

Richard Hastings and Eddy Sidra (hes a young defender and i dont think would cost to much)...

but as of now i think mo was talking shit.... and if it was ent that he was looking at then im glad it didnt go through...

Last time I saw Hastings play, he looked done. Not as slow and immobile as Garcia, but definitely someone to pass on at this point. He's 33. Might as well bring back Jimmy B if we're looking at Hastings.

hrvat87
07-27-2010, 03:11 PM
the wing man that MO was speaking about was Drazen Vukovic from Brantford Galaxy of CSL...but he torn his liginments in the game against Bolton...and will not be able to sign this season...but was told to stick around and for him to travel with TFC to the states for there pre season camp..

Technorgasm
07-27-2010, 03:12 PM
IN THE FACE!!!

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/14/129157562016168222.gif

backbeat
07-27-2010, 03:36 PM
the wing man that MO was speaking about was Drazen Vukovic from Brantford Galaxy of CSL...but he torn his liginments in the game against Bolton...and will not be able to sign this season...but was told to stick around and for him to travel with TFC to the states for there pre season camp..

you've got to be kidding me!! :facepalm:

nothing against Vukovic but i was hoping for something more.....

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Also, I didn't think that he was a winger. He played as a CM.

sampace
07-27-2010, 04:25 PM
I am guessing DeGuzman's brother got away from Mo so there will be no announcements forth coming.

MFG1
07-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Well ladies and gentlemen , its coming up on that time of year, pretty soon season ticket renewals will be upon us and now in year four, Mo (when he does speak) continues to spill drivel. Why does the guy bother to say anything forcing our hopes up about player signings? He is exactly like when the government says a huge tax break to us, as saving 30 dollars over the course of the year, and a minor tax rapes us for at least 1500 at the end of the year.

twistedchinaman
07-27-2010, 11:48 PM
So this was all once again, much ado about nothing?

Zounds! Get thee to a nunnery...

:facepalm:

CretanBull
07-28-2010, 02:39 AM
:picard:

You don't really mean to suggest that Barrett lacks hustle and doesn't stay on his feet do you?

Hitcho
07-28-2010, 12:38 PM
The thought of the Mo Must Go campaign coming back just makes me feel weary rather than empassioned about getting rid of him. When is the FO finally going to fucking fire him?!

Beach_Red
07-28-2010, 02:55 PM
^ The FO has a very hard time admitting when they make a mistake. Look at how long it takes them to correct things with their other teams.

bgnewf
07-28-2010, 03:14 PM
I think Mo has pretty much snookered himself. Ironically the hiring of Preki in my eyes pretty much was the beginning of the end for him. If we do not make the playoffs this season Mo is gone. Plain and simple. Preki gets a pass as the first year manager. If we get to the playoffs and/or have a nice run in the Champions league then Preki (along with the players of course) will get all the credit and our success will be looked on as being in spite of Mo rather than because of him.

Beach_Red
07-28-2010, 03:18 PM
^ Yes, playoffs or he's gone, everyone agrees. But look, when this team started they hired one guy with pretty much zero experience to run it. It's more than likely he had a deal from the beginning that if the team made money they'd expand the size of the FO and he'd move upstairs, so this is probably all going according to plan, handing over the day-to-day running of the team to Preki (or whoever) and Mo becomes more an MLSE employee than a TFC employee.

rocktml
07-28-2010, 05:24 PM
DaMarcus Beasley

Hitcho
07-28-2010, 05:41 PM
^ Yes, playoffs or he's gone, everyone agrees. But look, when this team started they hired one guy with pretty much zero experience to run it. It's more than likely he had a deal from the beginning that if the team made money they'd expand the size of the FO and he'd move upstairs, so this is probably all going according to plan, handing over the day-to-day running of the team to Preki (or whoever) and Mo becomes more an MLSE employee than a TFC employee.

I don't think MLSE need Mo to make money out of TFC. Or at least, they don't need him for that any more. So does that now remove the final reason for keeping him? :D

If they want to make some serious money then they should go all out to get an Henry type player to be the poster player and match winning hero for TFC (with all due respect to De Ro as the home town hero, he's not in Henry's bracket). Aside from the additional public draw this would bring, there is nothing this City wants or needs more in sporting terms than a winner. If TFC won a couple of MLS Cups then the city would go nuts about them. Just think how many shirts and other merch they'd be selling, not to mention selling out every game (and of course putting up ticket prices accordingly).

Hmmm, maybe it's better if we suck for a while then... :D:D:D:D

Well, at least until Mo's gone.

Pigfynn
07-28-2010, 06:06 PM
DaMarcus Beasley

Unattached and a winger hmmmmm too much $ I would guess

DichioTFC
07-28-2010, 06:07 PM
I think the FO have heard us, MoJo will most likely be gone by the end of the season unless we win the MLS Cup.

Hitcho
07-28-2010, 07:18 PM
I think the FO have heard us, MoJo will most likely be gone by the end of the season unless we win the MLS Cup.

Haha - I thought we voted to "do nothing until the end of the season"?! If they;ve heard us despite that then they must be listening pretty damn hard, which seems unlike the MLSE we all know and love/hate... :D

__wowza
07-29-2010, 11:32 AM
IN THE FACE!!!

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/14/129157562016168222.gif

that's fucking it.
next game i'm at, this is being made into a sign.

reggie
07-29-2010, 03:40 PM
watching tfc tv interviews today,looks like sanchez is still in camp#36 i think.

Smokecell
07-29-2010, 06:46 PM
hmm maybe Mo is waiting for Rafa to be official - remember seattle and NY both pay 250k to the league that gets spread to every other team without 3DPs as allocation...that works out to just about 36k per team, could make the difference in fitting the next signing under the cap.

(as posted by myself in another thread - just seems more relevant here)

ensco
07-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Interesting graphic in the all star game last night - there are 10 DPs in MLS, and eight of them belong to four teams. Of course TFC is one of the four.

Blizzard
07-29-2010, 08:36 PM
watching tfc tv interviews today,looks like sanchez is still in camp#36 i think.

That's the guy I've been hearing about.

DangerRed
08-05-2010, 09:51 AM
So it's been how long since Mo's quote about the imminent signing of a "wide player?"

The only wide player I've seen signed recently is Ali Gerba to Montreal (badum-tish!)

Seriously though, WTF? Anyone hear anything?

ArmenJBX
08-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Michael Harrington fell through.
Vukovic? sustained some kind of injury
Ent is trialing in Europe somewhere.

DangerRed
08-05-2010, 10:25 AM
^So, nothing, in other words. Sweet.

reggie
08-05-2010, 10:29 AM
sanchez from spain was still training with them last week,dont know if he is still here.

T_Mizz
08-05-2010, 11:11 AM
When are they going to sign Henry? I mean this is the equivalent of taking a girl out on several dates but not showing any signs of moving forward in the relationship. I mean the attraction's there, we want him on the team he seems happy about playing on the team, quit dragging your feet Mo.

gtaguy
08-05-2010, 11:13 AM
heres a guy that MO should look at .. He's being shopped around and he's a proven goal scorer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayro_Moreno

there is rumors running that KC is interested in this kid..

Come on mo get r done.

Oldtimer
08-05-2010, 11:32 AM
continue all trialist rumours here:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=19833&page=40