PDA

View Full Version : Nick Garcia

TFC USA
07-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Poor marking on the corner, lazy giveaways, awful tackles, minimal effectiveness. In Philly he had the typical Nick Garcia game yet played the full 90.

Why Preki? WHY THE FUCK DO YOU PLAY HIM?!!! Are we that thin at the back that we're still starting Captain Catastrophe? If this board was up on Saturday this place would've gone nuclear. I think last game was the last straw for me.

I never want to see Nick Garcia on the field ever again.

ArmenJBX
07-21-2010, 11:56 AM
It baffles me that when there are clear, obvious and available options which are better then Nick Garcia, both Preki and Chris Cummins played Nick Garcia as much as possible. Is there some kind of clause in his contract which will force Toronto to pay him a billion dollars if he doesn't play every other match at least?

Honestly, Dan Gargan, Nana Attakora, Adrian Cann, Maksim Usanov, Raivis Hscanovics, Gabe Gala, and Ty Harden are right in front of you. You only need to pick 4 out of 7. Factor in Amadou Sanyang and Emmanuel Gomez as replacements, and the list grows bigger. You're telling me that out of 9 possible players, Nick Garcia is starting caliber? It's not rocket science. Nick Garcia is the reason we lose games, or give up goals. We've seen it a million times. The definition of insanity is repeating an action and expecting a different result.

The worst part is, there's no "Oh, he'll develop, soon he'll gain the tools to being a better defender, etc". The guy is in his 30's. This is it. There's no getting better, only getting slower and worse. I can't stress this enough. If TFC are going into the playoffs this year, it will be WITHOUT Nick Garcia.

And, another thing. Garcia as captain is religious blasphemy. Garcia as captain is like punching the Canadian flag in the face, Garcia as captain caused H1N1 and SARS and Mad Cow Disease. Garcia as captain is just wrong. They should give the captains band to the fucking water boy before Nick Garcia puts it around his arm.

rocker
07-21-2010, 11:59 AM
A good game for Nick Garcis is when he makes his usual fuckup but his teammates save him. That's a good game.

Redcoe15
07-21-2010, 12:01 PM
After Saturday's game, NAIL GARCIA'S ASS TO THE BENCH! :mad5:

TFC USA
07-21-2010, 12:07 PM
The worst thing about Garcia is his distribution. He tries a ton of fancy shit and concedes corners like the one against Philly minutes before the opening goal.

ArmenJBX
07-21-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm telling you man, it's the number 4 shirt.

Velez and Garcia. All of them have been the rue of Toronto FC's seasons.

dantdot
Makes you wonder how bad Raivis is to be sitting on the bench for Nick Garcia.

Belfast_Boy
A good game for Nick Garcis is when he makes his usual fuckup but his teammates save him. That's a good game.

exactly!

for a couple of games I thought he was doing better. but upon closer inspection it was obvious he was being bailed out. the back line, JDG and the rest of midfielders are contantly dealing with his bad passes and fuck ups.

Nick you're done. retire and go into coaching or furniture sales.

TFC USA
07-21-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm telling you man, it's the number 4 shirt.

Velez and Garcia. All of them have been the rue of Toronto FC's seasons.

Velez was shitty but at least he scored some goals, as opposed to Garcia who only knows how to concede them.

ArmenJBX
07-21-2010, 12:12 PM
exactly!

for a couple of games I thought he was doing better. but upon closer inspection it was obvious he was being bailed out. the back line, JDG and the rest of midfielders are contantly dealing with his bad passes and fuck ups.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJ3oHpup-pk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJ3oHpup-pk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

twistedchinaman
07-21-2010, 12:21 PM
exactly!

COACHING?!?

So he can spread his special brand of suck to the next generation? No thank you!

DangerRed
07-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Why can't we just release him? Why?

GOD WHY?!?!?!?!?!?

Yes, it'll cost money. But isn't it clear by now that it's worth for us to take the hit?

iansmcl
07-21-2010, 12:30 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/2vjueyb.jpg

Jeffro
07-21-2010, 12:46 PM
I know how much everyone hates Nick Garcia, but seriously after an abysmal performance from the whole team, like the one we saw on Saturday, how can any one player be the scapegoat, no matter how shit they are?

That was one of the most tactically inept games I've ever seen, and should have never been as close as it was. People want to blame that on one player? Maybe we should actually try to score against the worst team in the league instead of just trying not to concede.

This is not a defence of Nick Garcia.

colman1860
07-21-2010, 01:18 PM
He is the scapegoat because without his fuckups, we tie. This way, we lost. He's cost us a point, so he gets a lot of blame. Couple that with his performances since he got here, and you get the rage that we see in this thread.

+1 to pretty much every post in here, especially the furniture sales suggestion.

jabbronies
07-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Wasn't Usanov the scapegoat for last game>?

Belfast_Boy
07-21-2010, 01:29 PM
COACHING?!?

So he can spread his special brand of suck to the next generation? No thank you!

funny, I thought he might be like me. much better at telling people what to do rather than doing it!

I know how much everyone hates Nick Garcia, but seriously after an abysmal performance from the whole team, like the one we saw on Saturday, how can any one player be the scapegoat, no matter how shit they are?

That was one of the most tactically inept games I've ever seen, and should have never been as close as it was. People want to blame that on one player? Maybe we should actually try to score against the worst team in the league instead of just trying not to concede.

my comment was more about all the games. I know we've been doing ok, but Nick hasn't. best play so far was getting knocked out and drawing a red.

the last game was pretty bad all around with a few exceptions.

Auzzy
07-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Yes Nick Garcia is bad. In particular, I don't understand why Harden doesn't start above him. Gomez is still injured; Usanov & Raivis I don't know, sometimes they're pretty bad as well. Now Harden is apparently injured again (after last practice), so unfortunately we're going to see more of either Raivis or Garcia at LB... :(

HOWEVER, I think Sanyang was supposed to be covering the guy who scored the first Philly goal; Sanyang let him run away unmarked. (Garcia then tried to challenge for the header, but he's slow, short & can't jump....)

Usanov screwed up for the 2nd Philly goal.

Just saying...

madcow
07-21-2010, 01:40 PM
And, another thing. Garcia as captain is religious blasphemy. Garcia as captain is like punching the Canadian flag in the face, Garcia as captain caused H1N1 and SARS and MAD COW DISEASE. Garcia as captain is just wrong. They should give the captains band to the fucking water boy before Nick Garcia puts it around his arm.[/quote]

Hey now, Mad Cow isn't all that bad, chock full of beefy goodness.

BuSaPuNk
07-21-2010, 01:46 PM
As much as I'm with alot of you saying Garcia should be stuck to the bench. He isn't the scapegoat for that game. Sanyang missing his assignment in coverage cost us the first goal. And Usanov's Wynne like hands cost us the go ahead.

Garcia should be put out to pasture but there really isn't anyone that is healthy that can take up that postion besides Hisvanavich sp?

Carts
07-21-2010, 01:50 PM
There must be more to Garcia than we see on the pitch...

Last season we heard of dressing room cliques etc, maybe Garcia is a top-notch guy in the room, in training, with the team during travel etc...

I'm just thinking / brainstorming b/c Preki is a smart guy, and great coach - there's something there with Garcia that we don't see...

That's the conclusion I've come to... Otherwise, I think he would have replaced him with a similar talent on the pitch, for much less $$$ against the cap...

Carts...

Auzzy
07-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Garcia should be put out to pasture but there really isn't anyone that is healthy that can take up that postion besides Hisvanavich sp?

LOL that's why I always say Raivis, it's easy to remember.

Too lazy to look at the 2nd goal again, I'm sure somebody else screwed up in addition to Usanov. He was playing RB after all, what else happened in the box before that play?

I'm sure they were expecting more from Raivis this season. They're paying quite a bit for him. He also was on trial for a while, so he shouldn't be a big surprise for Preki. Probably Raivis looked good on trial & in the pre-season games. Something about the 20k fans, and the MLS opposition, makes him do crazy tackles & other brainfarts. Then suddenly he does a good play forward with good movement, and you think, wow, this guy has a footy brain. And then his next play is all :facepalm: again.

maninb
07-21-2010, 02:02 PM
IMO garcia should NEVER see another start....and does anybody know why Uselessanov replaced Gargan? If he wasn't injured then this loss should be pegged squarely on Preki!!! For playing Garcia 90 minutes and putting Uselessanov on at a critical moment..

romburgundy
07-21-2010, 02:03 PM
You got me excited with this thread I thought he was gone!
Damn it!

maninb
07-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Carts...I think because Garcia was pals with both Mo & Preki at KC he gets cut a lot of slack and is known as their "man in the dressing room"...last year a couple of players called out a spy in the dressing room, and "the rat from KC" was mentioned...

romburgundy
07-21-2010, 02:25 PM
explains why he gets the captaincy when Dero's not around!

BuSaPuNk
07-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Carts...I think because Garcia was pals with both Mo & Preki at KC he gets cut a lot of slack and is known as their "man in the dressing room"...last year a couple of players called out a spy in the dressing room, and "the rat from KC" was mentioned...

explains why he gets the captaincy when Dero's not around!

That would explain alot.

Auzzy
07-21-2010, 02:36 PM
IMO garcia should NEVER see another start....and does anybody know why Uselessanov replaced Gargan? If he wasn't injured then this loss should be pegged squarely on Preki!!! For playing Garcia 90 minutes and putting Uselessanov on at a critical moment..

Yes, Gargan was injured (groin & cramp?). No way Gargan wanted to go out, he was playing at home in front of about 100 family & friends, and was doing well. He tried to play through the injury but couldn't.

Should we also peg Sanyang's dropped marker on the first goal, squarely on Preki? How about the 4 to 5 good chances on goal that TFC had, but couldn't convert? How about the weak, uncoordinated effort throughout the team? The screw-ups by both CBs, who are usually very solid, and the poor distribution by the keeper? How about the inability to keep the ball forward under control for 2 or 3 minutes in injury time, therefore putting more pressure on the defense & leading to Usanov's screwup?

A team lost that game. Some pieces of that team are weaker than others, but no one or two players, nor one coach, lost that game.

Carts
07-21-2010, 02:50 PM

That's a good point, while posting I forgot about his history with Preki/Mo...

Carts...

Gazza_55
07-22-2010, 09:09 AM

True that. They are a last place expansion team and we are playing for a NIL-NIL. Preki was out to lunch Saturday.

However, Garcia is still garbage.

TFCtoMUFC
07-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Cut Garcia and bring Doneil Henry from the academy up. Cut Barrett and bring Nicholas Lindsay up as well. Problems solved.

drexel10
07-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Cut Garcia and bring Doneil Henry from the academy up. Cut Barrett and bring Nicholas Lindsay up as well. Problems solved.

so you would rather cut Barrett over White, Ibrahim, and Peterson? hmmm

maninb
07-22-2010, 10:22 AM

Cut Barrett??? LMAO!!! Nonsense....let's see how he works out with Mista...

Azerban
07-22-2010, 10:23 AM
chad "hat trick" barrett owns, sorry

P-NUTZ
07-22-2010, 11:18 AM
garcia is so brutal i almost feel sorry for him. even him sticking to basics lately isn't worth it.

the point in all this is that we still have a few spots on the pitch that need upgrading like WHITE, GARCIA, PETERSON, USANOV and even SANYANG at times. if anything, maybe they are decent subs.

winning teams cant afford to "settle" in the manning of a couple of starting positions. you wont win a dam thing.

ManUtd4ever
07-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Well, if Oscar Sanchez signs with TFC that should be the end of Garcia in the starting lineup barring injuries...

TFCtoMUFC
07-22-2010, 11:35 AM
so you would rather cut Barrett over White, Ibrahim, and Peterson? hmmm
Lindsay is a striker. Peterson sucks, not a striker though. Ibrahim is GA. OBW makes a fraction of what Chad makes.

Cut Barrett??? LMAO!!! Nonsense....let's see how he works out with Mista...
The way Maicon Santos is working with Mista, it doesn't matter...

BayernTFC
07-22-2010, 11:57 AM
OBW makes a fraction of what Chad makes.
Unless he's traded, I believe that Chad's salary for the remainder of this season will count against the cap:

(III.) METHODS OF RELEASING PLAYERS
(A) WAIVERS

Teams may waive players based on performance at any time during the MLS season. Players on guaranteed contracts waived on or after July 1 of any year, however, will continue to have their salary budget count against the team's salary budget and the team waiving the player will not receive a replacement except under the normal player acquisition mechanisms. Players may not be waived while they are injured, unless the League reaches a settlement with the injured player for his release. In such a scenario, the settlement amount will be charged to the team's salary budget. Upon return to fitness, however, a player may be waived normally.

(J) SEASON-ENDING INJURY REPLACEMENTS

A team with a player lost to a season-ending injury can replace that player on its roster, while remaining responsible for the full amount of the injured player's salary. A player can be placed on the season-ending injury list once another player has been signed as a replacement (provided the team has budget space). International player limits still apply at the time a season-ending replacement is made (with the player being replaced not counting against those limits).

(K) SHORT-TERM INJURY REPLACEMENTS

A team with a player who has a short-term injury can replace that player on its roster, while remaining responsible for the full amount of the injured player's salary. A player can be placed on the short-term injured reserve list once another player has been signed as a replacement (provided the team has budget space). Note that the injured player will have to sit out a minimum of six MLS League matches before he can rejoin the team's roster. International player limits still apply at the time a short-term replacement is made (with the player being replaced not counting against those limits).

http://www.mlssoccer.com/regulations

Whether traded or loaned, the other team would have to assume Chad's salary. Otherwise the portion TFC pays still counts against the cap afaik.

Well, if Oscar Sanchez signs with TFC that should be the end of Garcia in the starting lineup barring injuries...
Unless MLS is willing to implement new rules, or break old ones for TFC, I think that it will be hard for TFC to fit an Óscar Sánchez Fuentes under the cap. Weren't we tight up against the cap before we signed Mista? How much allocation was Sam Cronin worth? Perhaps if someone were to retire...

drexel10
07-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Lindsay is a striker. Peterson sucks, not a striker though. Ibrahim is GA. OBW makes a fraction of what Chad makes.

The way Maicon Santos is working with Mista, it doesn't matter...

It actually matters more, because this is the first time we have more than one option. But then again, you want to get rid of that because we have a GA and a player with a cheaper salary that aren't good. logical.

Blizzard
07-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Unless he's traded, I believe that Chad's salary for the remainder of this season will count against the cap:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/regulations

Whether traded or loaned, the other team would have to assume Chad's salary. Otherwise the portion TFC pays still counts against the cap afaik.

Unless MLS is willing to implement new rules, or break old ones for TFC, I think that it will be hard for TFC to fit an Óscar Sánchez Fuentes under the cap. Weren't we tight up against the cap before we signed Mista? How much allocation was Sam Cronin worth? Perhaps if someone were to retire...

I'd heard a rumour that we got something like 300k for Sam. If so, Mo has more room to work with than any of us reckoned.

pawlukj
07-22-2010, 08:00 PM
i think hes been playing pretty well the last 2 games

TFC USA
07-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Garcia was a disaster last game and his entire TFC career.

ArmenJBX
07-22-2010, 08:12 PM
There isn't a facepalm large enough to portray my feelings towards this whole Chad Barrett idea..

We have been begging, pleading, crying, dreaming and hoping for some competent strikers. For 4 long years we have been ignored and our needs were not met.

Now that we have 3 VIABLE, USABLE and SOLID options in Mista, Maicon and Barrett, there's talks about less forwards!? What the fuck am I hearing here? No. Do Not Sell Chad Barrett for ANY REASON. I don't care if we sign a hundred new forwards, until we do, Chad Barrett needs to remain a part of this squad. No good team on the planet earth relies on two strikers. Every good, successful team has multiple strikers who compete for spots. If Barrett leaves, we get a lazy Maicon and Mista, because really, who's going to challenge for the spot? Fuad Ibrahim? OBW? LINDSAY!? Are you for real? We are going to put the goalscoring into the hands of teenagers?

I don't want to sound like Penn but this is fucking bullshit. Shut up and enjoy your forwards!

prizby
07-22-2010, 08:21 PM
garcia on the corner...sorry, but that was amadou sanyang's man that got away while sanyang was caught looking and watching

Why does everyone hate on Garcia the second things go wrong.

No one seems to point that DeRo has yet to score since May...

Shway
07-22-2010, 08:36 PM
There isn't a facepalm large enough to portray my feelings towards this whole Chad Barrett idea..

We have been begging, pleading, crying, dreaming and hoping for some competent strikers. For 4 long years we have been ignored and our needs were not met.

Now that we have 3 VIABLE, USABLE and SOLID options in Mista, Maicon and Barrett, there's talks about less forwards!? What the fuck am I hearing here? No. Do Not Sell Chad Barrett for ANY REASON. I don't care if we sign a hundred new forwards, until we do, Chad Barrett needs to remain a part of this squad. No good team on the planet earth relies on two strikers. Every good, successful team has multiple strikers who compete for spots. If Barrett leaves, we get a lazy Maicon and Mista, because really, who's going to challenge for the spot? Fuad Ibrahim? OBW? LINDSAY!? Are you for real? We are going to put the goalscoring into the hands of teenagers?

I don't want to sound like Penn but this is fucking bullshit. Shut up and enjoy your forwards!

I agree STRONGLY with you
another reason is that i dont like how players are always in and out at the club, Chad doesnt need to be out, so cut the talk. Lets talk about getting Garcia traded first before Chad.
And it not that hes downplaying the quality of Ibrahim, or White, its just the style of play/hunger that we see in chad is what we need, that you dont see from ANYONE else on this team.

EDIT: Actually Lindsay shows hunger

Shway
07-22-2010, 08:41 PM

remember nobody has to get cut if there from the academy, you allowed two academy players that dont count to the cap.

but cut garcia anyways

TFC USA
07-22-2010, 08:43 PM
garcia on the corner...sorry, but that was amadou sanyang's man that got away while sanyang was caught looking and watching

Why does everyone hate on Garcia the second things go wrong.

No one seems to point that DeRo has yet to score since May...

Garcia did not mark anybody. You could say they're both at fault but Garcia's awareness is terrible.

DeRo hasn't scored since May. It's also not his job to do all the scoring.

v00d00daddy
07-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Chad Barrett fucking sucks. Plain and simple. He better not get anything more than garbage minutes coming off the bench.

A whole bunch of effort and very little to show for it.

What I hate most is his sour puss look on his face all game. The guy is miserable.

By far, my least favourite TFC player.

Garcia blows too but he at least gives the impression that he brings more than just his shitty play.

TFC USA
07-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Barrett has played a lot better this year. He's worth keeping.

OBW is shit.

ArmenJBX
07-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Kaka frowns when he runs.
Ronaldo has his O mouth.
Ronaldinho's showing teeth.
Lampard's always doe-eyed.
Rooney grins like Shrek.
Chad Barrett whines.

Every team has their "faces" :D

BayernTFC
07-22-2010, 11:10 PM
I'd heard a rumour that we got something like 300k for Sam. If so, Mo has more room to work with than any of us reckoned.
That's an interesting rumour...$300k - [($325k/2 for Mista) + ($108k/2 for Maicon Santos)] = $83.5k

One would think that the allocation received from San Jose would have to at least be close to $200k ($216.5k - $57.5k/2 for Cronin) for TFC to be able to sign Mista and Maicon Santos. So why not $300K? MLS determines the amount of allocation given to teams, so numbers should always work out nicely:

Whether the allocation is given, and its size is determined by MLS; the details are not disclosed to the general public.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allocation_%28MLS%29

Turns out that Sam was more valuable than some thought. So assuming the rumour is true, and Mo has roughly $83.5k to spend, doesn't someone still have to be cut in order to make room for a new addition to the team? I thought that TFC already has a full roster, no?

maninb
07-23-2010, 08:25 AM
"Lets talk about getting Garcia traded first before Chad."!!!! LMAO! I had to read that twice...do you really believe there's a team out there that would take Garcia off our hands???? hell we'd have to PAY them a few hundred grand! Garcia is about as valuable as a pylon.....