PDA

View Full Version : Luciano Emilio Release by DC.

Dub Narcotic
07-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Sad end for the former MVP, one of the best players, as I recall, when TFC first came in the league.

rocker
07-16-2010, 07:12 PM
DC United has crashed and burned over the past few seasons.. it's sad, I guess.

And their stadium problems are even worse.

Yohan
07-16-2010, 07:16 PM
lol. that was fast

Oldtimer
07-16-2010, 07:46 PM
DC United is in a rebuilding phase, so unfortunately, the old has to go.

Their stadium issues are something else. It's terrible that a team with such a good supporters' culture and history are being shafted by petty local politics.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-16-2010, 07:48 PM
I can remember everyone (incl myself) being incredibly jealous of DCU and their south american players

rocker
07-16-2010, 08:14 PM

the weird thing is, they were rebuilding last year but brought Emilio back this year. I don't think they have any idea what they are doing now.
It's all last-gasp stuff.

And any team that has to start Julius James is gonna be shit.

twistedchinaman
07-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Oh how the mighty have fallen....DC will be rebuilding for a while; Boscovic should help but it will be a long road back.

S_D
07-17-2010, 06:59 AM

Their stadium issues are something else. It's terrible that a team with such a good supporters' culture and history are being shafted by petty local politics.

it is the owner's fault too, not just the politician's. The owner in the past has tried to get his hands on land to do redevelopment of an area as part of the package. Not sure if his his priority is building shopping malls and housing or a stadium.

Detroit_TFC
07-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Onalfo has to be at the top of the sack race now, followed closely by De los Cabos.

J .
07-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Emilio would be a good off the bench addition. I dont think we have room, but I could see him heading to Philly.