PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Catchable

backbeat
07-16-2010, 07:48 AM
In the recent article ‘Columbus Catchable’ by Assif Hossain he’s suggesting, and I’m surmising that the FO agrees as this is a TFC website article, that TFC will not be getting any big star/DP additions as TFC acknowledges that as NY did they are going to blow everyone else away!! And TFC? We’ll be BATTLING for 2nd. To me that is a piss-off!!

“The addition of Thierry Henry and whispers of a possible third superstar being added to the Red Bulls’ squad alongside Juan Pablo Angel makes them a favourite to catch and surpass Columbus in the East.

Should the Red Bulls pull ahead and become the runaway success as they are expected to be with their recent acquisitions, it sets up a mouth-watering battle for the second and final automatic playoff berth from the division between Columbus and Toronto.”

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/07/columbus-catchable

koryo
07-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Sorry, I misunderstood this thread as being about the likely result of visiting a Columbus whorehouse.

billyfly
07-16-2010, 08:31 AM
^Seriously. Same here.

BTW - Beware of the brown acid. Its not specifically too good.

rocker
07-16-2010, 08:58 AM
link doesn't work

MartinUtd
07-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Is it possible Henry could become a big flame out like Beckham? I haven't really been following his career too closely to know what kind of shape hes in.

Pachuco
07-16-2010, 09:51 AM
Is it possible Henry could become a big flame out like Beckham? I haven't really been following his career too closely to know what kind of shape hes in.

The thing about Henry is it will be very easy to judge. At the end of the day he's brought here to put the ball in the net. No ifs and buts about it. Beckham flaming out is your opinion but not everyone shares that same opinion.

Havind said that, Henry's the kind of player who I think thrives much better when he's the star. I don't think he does well when there are players better then him on the team. Atleast it seems that way. He's probably still fit and he's paired up with one of the best strikers in the league in JPA. I don't see how he doesn't score 8+ goals in the second half of the season. If he doesn't I'll be the first to laugh cause I can't stand the cheating, whiny bitch :D

rocker
07-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Beckham really had very little influence on the fortunes of the Galaxy on the field....

When he started in the league, he was injured and then didn't contribute much to a crappy team under Yallop. Then the second year his team sucked shit under Gullit, despite his efforts. In the third year his team did well with him (although they were on the right track under Arena before Becks returned from Europe), but given that they are doing well under Arena again this season without Beckham, I would have to say he's really had very little impact on wins and losses for the Galaxy.

Beckham's biggest influence was on raising the profile of the league around the world plus increasing attendances at LA home/away and selling jerseys.

Pachuco
07-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Beckham really had very little influence on the fortunes of the Galaxy on the field....

When he started in the league, he was injured and then didn't contribute much to a crappy team under Yallop. Then the second year his team sucked shit under Gullit, despite his efforts. In the third year his team did well with him (although they were on the right track under Arena before Becks returned from Europe), but given that they are doing well under Arena again this season without Beckham, I would have to say he's really had very little impact on wins and losses for the Galaxy.

Beckham's biggest influence was on raising the profile of the league around the world plus increasing attendances at LA home/away and selling jerseys.

Yeah ok. So when Man United went on to have a good season without Ronaldo, that just proved that Ronaldo did nothing to help the team the year before right? Dude, that argument is absurd.

king dave
07-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Sorry, I misunderstood this thread as being about the likely result of visiting a Columbus whorehouse.
Now THAT'S a funny:D
KD.