PDA

View Full Version : TFC vs Philadelphia - the expected result

LesH
07-16-2010, 06:01 AM
So what is the result you realistically expect from this game?

(Would be nice to have a poll like this before all games, and then compare the poll results with the result of the match :D )

prizby
07-16-2010, 06:05 AM
this is something that can go in the stickied pregame chat

LesH
07-16-2010, 06:22 AM
this is something that can go in the stickied pregame chat

Yes and no...

Because I would not post a poll like this too many days before the game - late breaking news like who is expected to be playing or who is not may influence a lot what result people may expect.

But IMO should be stickied by itself.

Stouffville_RPB
07-16-2010, 06:42 AM
1 goal win. Seems to be the TFC standard for wins.

London
07-16-2010, 07:13 AM
i picked a 1 goal win but will not be suprised with another tie

MartinUtd
07-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Between JDG being back, our new forwards and DeRo (potentially) playing his more natural midfield position, I picked 2 goals.

Heart of Stone
07-16-2010, 08:17 AM
I don't see Frei letting anything in ... TFC wins 2-0.

LesH
07-16-2010, 09:49 AM
WOW, we must have a joker who put a Philly win with 3-0, or possibly a Philly troll.

Pachuco
07-16-2010, 09:53 AM
I expect a 1-0 win. However, Preki will probably play 9 defenders and we'll end up with another 0-0 tie.

LesH
07-16-2010, 10:17 AM
WOW, we must have a joker who put a Philly win with 3-0, or possibly a Philly troll.

Make that 2 jokers or Philly trolls. :facepalm:

ArmenJBX
07-16-2010, 10:42 AM
The thing about expansion teams is that I tend to relate them to us in Year 1.

We also beat teams, we also won games. Philly has to win games too, it's just the way the soccer world works. I don't like playing against expansion sides because we tend to write them off. At least with the good teams you know what you're getting, and if it's not what you expected, usually it's because they're playing bad, not better.

TFC_Central
07-16-2010, 11:05 AM
What i want to see....

--------Santos--Mista---Dero---------
------Labrocca---JDG--Peterson-------
--Usanov---Cann---Attakora---Gargan--

what i think we'll see

--------------CB--Santos---------------
-----Ibrahim-LaBrocca-JDG--DeRo-----
--Usanov---Cann---Attakora---Gargan--

^Mista 60'- CB
^Garcia60'-Ibrahim

if we are up a few by then, THIS!

----Santos-Mista-DeRo----
---Labrocca-JDG-Gargan---
Usanov-Cann-Attakora-Garcia

Open the flood gates baby!

DangerRed
07-16-2010, 11:28 AM
The thing about expansion teams is that I tend to relate them to us in Year 1.

We also beat teams, we also won games. Philly has to win games too, it's just the way the soccer world works. I don't like playing against expansion sides because we tend to write them off. At least with the good teams you know what you're getting, and if it's not what you expected, usually it's because they're playing bad, not better.

I think that from everything we've heard from Preki, they're taking Philly seriously, particularly given that they almost beat us at home while a man down.

Alarius
07-16-2010, 11:29 AM
We just don't have an attacking system... I don't see much happening 1-0 at most...

Fort York Redcoat
07-16-2010, 11:30 AM
^^^Great assessment Central!

but when did we start calling Barrett CB?

LesH
07-16-2010, 12:32 PM

Lol, this is the same thing I was wondering when I saw the post.

I thought who the fuck is CB? Then I thought WTF, this is the Raptors forum, and they are still talking about Chris Bosh? Then finally I had a big relief realizing I'm still at rpb forum...

Azerban
07-16-2010, 12:50 PM
can we get an over/under on "number of beer bottles thrown at us"

Nodoubtguy
07-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Mista/Santos....Barrett playing off a wing

TFC_Central
07-16-2010, 02:05 PM

NOO we got chris bosh on loan for the rest of the season.

actually it was never just "cb" but "cb4" ;)

TFC_Central
07-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Mista/Santos....Barrett playing off a wing

hopefully, if they don't take him off for mista .... I don't think we'll see him start tho..... *fingers crossed*:scarf:

Brooker
07-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Three One! To The TFC! Three One! To The TFC.....

AL-MO
07-16-2010, 08:58 PM
2-1 TFC.

Definitely leaving PA with a victory.

Oldtimer
07-16-2010, 09:05 PM
So what is the result you realistically expect from this game?

(Would be nice to have a poll like this before all games, and then compare the poll results with the result of the match :D )

Comparing a poll of random people on a message board to match results serves no useful purpose.

Stryker
07-16-2010, 11:46 PM
I think the two new Latino forwards will elevate JDG's game as well as set Barrett up some easy goals. I'm gonna call it 3-1 TFC.
Barrett DeRo and JDG with his first goal after a brilliant ball laid back from Mista results in a cracker.
:)

Shakes McQueen
07-17-2010, 01:46 AM
I'm going to say 1-0 or 2-1 TFC victory - possibly a two goal win if Mista comes out shining in his first game.

Anything less than victory can only be considered a disappointment from this team.

- Scott

Yohan
07-17-2010, 05:03 AM
I'm going to say 1-0 or 2-1 TFC victory - possibly a two goal win if Mista comes out shining in his first game.

Anything less than victory can only be considered a disappointment from this team.

- Scott
why? TFC has never been a good road team and this year haven't changed that perspective one bit.

if anything, TFC will be more defensive away from home

LesH
07-17-2010, 05:16 AM
why? TFC has never been a good road team and this year haven't changed that perspective one bit.

if anything, TFC will be more defensive away from home

I totally agree.

This is why I voted for draw, and I don't get why so many people are way to optimistic for a TFC win. Specially after in our last 4 home games we could get just a single win (and even that should be a draw if the result would've been fair to the scoring chances).

No matter who they play, TFC has historical road woes, plus right now is in a big big scoring funk. OK, Santos and Mista are coming in, but to gel with the rest of the team takes time...
Combine this with Preki's ultra defensive road mindset!

Number Nine
07-17-2010, 10:58 AM
I totally agree.

This is why I voted for draw, and I don't get why so many people are way to optimistic for a TFC win. Specially after in our last 4 home games we could get just a single win (and even that should be a draw if the result would've been fair to the scoring chances).

No matter who they play, TFC has historical road woes, plus right now is in a big big scoring funk. OK, Santos and Mista are coming in, but to gel with the rest of the team takes time...
Combine this with Preki's ultra defensive road mindset!

Well now, that is the LOGICAL train of thought. However, despite us all possessing strong football minds, we are all fans, and fans always hope for a win, no matter the odds. We all know that the game will most likely boil down to a defensive showdown, with TFC counterattacking on the break, but it's such a nice thought to imagine us walking into an away stadium, and dominate the play with slick passing and cool finishing.