07-15-2010, 09:47 AM
I completely forgot about that guy.

Boris
07-15-2010, 09:47 AM
wow..i forgot about this kid...

reggie
07-15-2010, 09:49 AM
i think he was on the bench saturday.
whats going on with raivis,he has not dressed for the last 2 game,could his days be numbered

Roogsy
07-15-2010, 09:54 AM
He was hurt a while back wasn't he?

Toronto Gunner
07-15-2010, 09:59 AM
He's been injured. My seats are just under the box the injured/unused players sit in and we've seen him at every game.

Pachuco
07-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Yeah Nane was recovering from that shoulder injury. Raivis on the other hand is a waste of a jersey. I predict neither makes it to the end of the year.

Stouffville_RPB
07-15-2010, 10:21 AM
I see Nane warm up every match when the subs do so he's definatly still around.

DangerRed
07-15-2010, 10:29 AM
That's an international roster spot, right? And yeah, didn't he plow his shoulder into the pitch at one of the Canadian Cup games?

Anyway, cutting him is a great move. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but we need producers, even among depth players, at this stage of the season.

spark
07-15-2010, 10:29 AM
With Raivis and Usanov both clocking in at 100K thereabouts one would have to think for what they offer (or what Gargan/Nana/Cann offers for so much less) they would be thinking about trimming the fat so to speak.

If we can find a solid LB our back four is going to be one of the best. With 3/4 it's already solid. Dump those two, find an LB, and use the remaining salary cap space to get in some youngun's on the cheap and let them develop.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-15-2010, 10:37 AM
I dont think Hscanovic is nearly as bad as others thing.
I do think Nane is, feel bad for the kid but hes just waiting to be cut.

Pachuco
07-15-2010, 10:42 AM
I dont think Hscanovic is nearly as bad as others thing.
I do think Nane is, feel bad for the kid but hes just waiting to be cut.

You mean you don't think Raivis is nearly as bad as Preki thinks ;) Just ask yourself why Garcia (A Natural LB, and a bad one at that) keeps starting over him ;)

DangerRed
07-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Also, not sure this is worth a separate thread, but Luke Wileman just tweeted that Saric will miss the Philly match because of injury and that OB White is out as well due to illness.

Shaughno
07-15-2010, 10:44 AM
You mean you don't think Raivis is nearly as bad as Preki thinks ;) Just ask yourself why Garcia (A Natural LB, and a bad one at that) keeps starting over him ;)

Umm... isn't Raivis hurt at the moment as well? Usually plays a big part in not playing... ;)

Shaughno
07-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Also, not sure this is worth a separate thread, but Luke Wileman just tweeted that Saric will miss the Philly match because of injury and that OB White is out as well due to illness.

So Sanyang/JDG in the middle? Santos and Barrett up front?

Pachuco
07-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Umm... isn't Raivis hurt at the moment as well? Usually plays a big part in not playing... ;)

If he's hurt that's news to me. Regardless, I know he's been on the bench while Garcia was at LB. In fact, He came in when Garcia got a red I believe. He's not first choice LB anymore. And he's the only natural LB.

Gixmo
07-15-2010, 11:01 AM
I want to see Santos and Barrett up front...

.. and then I want to see them Samba when either one of them score. I'm not going to blow the horn on Santos just yet, but from his first match - He could make a viable partner/mentor to CB19 and that's just what the young man needs..

I see a goal splurge from those coming, with Mista waiting in the wings. The ball just needs to start rolling and it will gain momentum.

Shaughno
07-15-2010, 11:06 AM
If he's hurt that's news to me. Regardless, I know he's been on the bench while Garcia was at LB. In fact, He came in when Garcia got a red I believe. He's not first choice LB anymore. And he's the only natural LB.

I don't disagree, I also didn't jump on the 'hate Garcia' bandwagon. I said all along that Preki obviously recognizes that Garcia knows the league, players and game very well, but his held back by his speed. Putting him on the wing wasn't a stroke of genius either given that he played at RB when Preki was playing with him at KC.

habstfc
07-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Raivos isn't bad I don't think. He's not great, but not bad. All contracts are guaranteed now aren't they, so why would they release him?

Ossington Mental Youth
07-15-2010, 11:24 AM

dont forget hes trying to keep the roster all fit and this can happen by switching up players/everyone getting playing time

DangerRed
07-15-2010, 11:28 AM
So Sanyang/JDG in the middle? Santos and Barrett up front?

I wouldn't put it past Preki to trot out Mista against Philly, but he was hurting eariler in the week so he might sub in or sit out altogether.

As for bags of goals from CB19 and Santos, I would hold my judgment until we actually see Santos put one away. Chad has shown he can deliver the ball from the wing quite well and if Santos can put them away, we could see some interesting things.

drexel10
07-15-2010, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't put it past Preki to trot out Mista against Philly, but he was hurting eariler in the week so he might sub in or sit out altogether.

As for bags of goals from CB19 and Santos, I would hold my judgment until we actually see Santos put one away. Chad has shown he can deliver the ball from the wing quite well and if Santos can put them away, we could see some interesting things.

From what I saw from Santos last year is that he is a smart player with a big shot. He likes to pass, so I can see him finding Dero and Chad and linking up well with them, but he isn't a #9 striker, so I wouldn't expect many goals.

Shaughno
07-15-2010, 11:54 AM
^^ That's what I'm thinking. He'll put a few away, mostly headers and shots from distance. The rest will be him drawing in defenders, maybe beating a man and then dishing the ball to Mista/DeRo/Barrett/OBW/etc.

TFC_Central
07-15-2010, 11:57 AM
so the teams eager to keep a non producing forward but wont give the kid a chance.... lol....... and for those CB19 posts , Id expect to see him gone in favor for a real striker. Prob released / traded to Portland.

DangerRed
07-15-2010, 12:06 PM
From what I saw from Santos last year is that he is a smart player with a big shot. He likes to pass, so I can see him finding Dero and Chad and linking up well with them, but he isn't a #9 striker, so I wouldn't expect many goals.

That really sounds a lot like Barrett, actually. That's not to say it's a bad thing, because I personally like a good passing forward. And if Mista/DeRo are there to put them away, great.

mmmikey
07-15-2010, 12:26 PM
In MLS if they release a player I believe they lose that cap space (or part of it) for the year. I could be wrong though.

Still hopin to see Labrocaa/JDG in the middle, but knowing Preki and it being an away game, Sanyang is virtually assured of a spot. Preki loves him some reckless tackling away from home.

Shaughno
07-15-2010, 12:28 PM
^^ :lol: but it does work if you can get into the Home Team's head early on and scare them from attacking through the middle.

Shway
07-15-2010, 01:23 PM
all this talk has got me saying...

WHERE THE HELL IS GOMEZ?

hes not even listed on the rosterr

ecospice
07-15-2010, 01:45 PM
all this talk has got me saying...

WHERE THE HELL IS GOMEZ?

hes not even listed on the rosterr

He was on the roster a few weeks ago, but now is gone. No announcement or anything... I figure he must be hurt and put on some type of long term leave which allows his roster spot to be free'd up while he gets over his knee injury.

I think he showed promise last year, so you'd think the team would want to see what he can do when healthy.

Shaughno
07-15-2010, 01:53 PM
I know Gomez was put on the IR list at the beginning of the year which is why I believe he wasn't listed originally. I thought he had been training with the team, so I'm not sure what could have happened in the meantime.