PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC vs CMNT: Who would win?

Alarius
06-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Just wondering, if we ever saw TFC play the CMNT. Who would come out the victor?
The condition would be that Sutton and Brennan would play for TFC.

Laurignano
06-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Canadian national team, they have much higher quality players then our club does IMO.

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 02:27 PM
I have to give it to CMNT.

Cambridge_Red
06-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Dunno.

ManUtd4ever
06-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Trying to start a war are ya, lol...CMNT!

Broadview
06-23-2008, 02:29 PM
I voted for the nats, but on wet field turf...

olegunnar
06-23-2008, 02:30 PM
If you've seen them live you'd realize how good they actually are.

Canada vs Costa Rica was a higher class of soccer than MLS.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-23-2008, 02:32 PM
I voted for the nats, but on wet field turf...

In Montreal....CMNT :)
At BMO ........TFC ( the nats would be:violin:too much about the TURF!

VoxPopuliCosmicum
06-23-2008, 02:59 PM
CMNT by a country mile.

Leprechaun
06-23-2008, 03:00 PM
CMNT by a country mile.
yep...TFC would get smashed.

Billy the kid
06-23-2008, 03:01 PM
MLSE and CSA could make a few bucks off this matchup. Give TFC Brennan and Sutton. CMNT will still win though.

egoodwin
06-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Guevara.

That bastard could do it to Canada again

but depends really on Sutton and Brennan also

pat416
06-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Well i think CNMT but i voted for TFC. Couldnt see them at 0

TFC07
06-23-2008, 03:05 PM
CMNT midfield is far more better than TFC midfield. Unlike TFC strikers, CMNT strikers can actually finish. TFC might have better backline than CMNT though, but they're not good enough to defend well against CMNT. So overall, CMNT should beat TFC no doubt. :canada:

jabbronies
06-23-2008, 03:06 PM
CMNT

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Tfc...2-1

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 03:11 PM
CMNT midfield is far more better than TFC midfield. Unlike TFC strikers, CMNT strikers can actually finish. TFC might have better backline than CMNT though, but they're not good enough to defend well against CMNT. So overall, CMNT should beat TFC no doubt. :canada:

hmm..not sure anyone on TFC's back line would start on CMNT. Brennan doesn't even start over Klukowsi. I have to give the back line to CMNT.

Alarius
06-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Tfc...2-1

Was that a sympathy vote?

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Was that a sympathy vote?

not really, i think TFC would win IN OUR House if thats where the game was played.
remember the nats don't like field turf!!!

Broadview
06-23-2008, 03:31 PM
If you've seen them live you'd realize how good they actually are.

Canada vs Costa Rica was a higher class of soccer than MLS.

This was my personal "revelation" game. I remember watching that and thinking just how much more skilled these guys were than the MLS players I had gotten used to.

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 03:46 PM
not really, i think TFC would win IN OUR House if thats where the game was played.
remember the nats don't like field turf!!!

but you wouldn't have the same loud TFC supporters. I personally wouldn't chear for either team if they were playing. I would go to see a good game. I couldn't possibly chear against club or country.

Keyman
06-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Wow. Sorry, I don't mean to be an asshole, but was there even a need for this thread?

TFCREDNWHITE
06-23-2008, 03:50 PM
TFC! Robert, Guevara and Ricketts would crush them! plus wait till we get our DP Striker! CMNT doesn't have a chance especially if its at BMO!!

Alarius
06-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Wow. Sorry, I don't mean to be an asshole, but was there even a need for this thread?

No offence taken! I just thought I'd throw it out there and see what the general opinion was.

I personally think the game would go to the CMNT. :noidea:

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-23-2008, 03:58 PM
but you wouldn't have the same loud TFC supporters. I personally wouldn't chear for either team if they were playing. I would go to see a good game. I couldn't possibly chear against club or country.

it would be a difficult decision thats for sure...but i doubt it would ever happen.

Keyman
06-23-2008, 04:02 PM
No offence taken! I just thought I'd throw it out there and see what the general opinion was.

I personally think the game would go to the CMNT. :noidea:

You are right, they would tear Toronto apart.

SilverSamurai
06-23-2008, 04:39 PM
National team.
Need we be reminded how DeRo pretty much single handedly took care of TFC in Houston?

olegunnar
06-23-2008, 04:45 PM

Actually I think it's productive. There are a lot of RPBs (members and registered users) and lurkers, that aren't that experienced when it comes to soccer. I bet a lot of them never thought of the national team playing at a higher level. Having people chime in with their thoughts and experiences might open their eyes a bit.
Part timers people support a crappy team...but if they realize the National Team would destroy their belived TFC they might have second thoughts and give the National Team a chance.
The national team needs the part timers.

CretanBull
06-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Our National team would kill TFC on any surface, under any conditions.

devioustrevor
06-23-2008, 05:16 PM
CMNT, no doubts whatsoever.

JDG and Atiba are better than any Midfielders TFC plays against in MLS. We've all seen how MLS defences struggle to contain Dichio, think how an MLS Defence (TFC's in this case) would struggle against a team that could put 2 (or depending on formation) 3 big, strong forwards that are strong in the air and can finish.

On either wing CMNT could play Iain Hume and Tomasz Radzinski, both of whom are small, quick players with proven goal-scoring ability. The CMNT's only exploitable weakness is in Central Defence, but even there Dichio wouldn't be as much a threat when defended by a very similar sort of player in Kevin McKenna. Essentially every potential starter on the CMNT could step into the Starting 11 of TFC, the opposite couldn't be said.

ExiledRed
06-23-2008, 05:17 PM
National team.
Need we be reminded how DeRo pretty much single handedly took care of TFC in Houston?

We'll see how the hairy twat does at BMO shall we.

SilverSamurai
06-23-2008, 05:58 PM
We'll see how the hairy twat does at BMO shall we.

Haha! He could be a giant furball for all I care. Right now DeRo is a monster and I hope he stays that way for the qualifiers.
To South Africa!

hazy_venus
06-23-2008, 06:03 PM
CMNT

Having watched CMNT in Montreal on Friday and then coming back for a TFC match on Saturday, the teams are worlds apart

And I dont mean just because TFC played like crap on Saturday

Fort York Redcoat
06-24-2008, 10:56 AM
I'd love to see it. But wait...Would we have Sutton and Brennan playing both sides? Maybe we can clone them and give moustaches to tell them apart...

Ivan
06-24-2008, 04:47 PM
I think this would to the CMNT in a walk. Put it this way, TFC couldn't afford many of the Canada players (non DP). Hutchinson, Hume, Radz, JDG, Friend, to name a few.

TFC07
06-24-2008, 04:50 PM
I'd love to see it. But wait...Would we have Sutton and Brennan playing both sides? Maybe we can clone them and give moustaches to tell them apart...

Naw, TFC will have Sutton and Brennan on their side. Those two are bench warmers for CMNT.

TFC-Tyler
06-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Tfc...2-1
Oh come on, even you cant be that dense.

BigLou
06-24-2008, 05:05 PM

JDG and Atiba are better than any Midfielders TFC plays against in MLS. We've all seen how MLS defences struggle to contain Dichio, think how an MLS Defence (TFC's in this case) would struggle against a team that could put 2 (or depending on formation) 3 big, strong forwards that are strong in the air and can finish.

On either wing CMNT could play Iain Hume and Tomasz Radzinski, both of whom are small, quick players with proven goal-scoring ability. The CMNT's only exploitable weakness is in Central Defence, but even there Dichio wouldn't be as much a threat when defended by a very similar sort of player in Kevin McKenna. Essentially every potential starter on the CMNT could step into the Starting 11 of TFC, the opposite couldn't be said.

Bang on brother!

J .
06-24-2008, 06:11 PM
JDG > Guevara
DeRo > Ricketts or Robert
Hutch > Robbo
Friend > Dichio

CMNT best four way better than TFC top four

netsan
06-30-2008, 08:14 PM
CMNT in a walk....

ag futbol
06-30-2008, 09:32 PM

Exactly what i was thinking.

Despite not making the world cup, CMNT is very solid by MLS standards.

Even a lot of the guys who are 2nd choice in the mid are very quality. When is the last time you heard someone talk about Josh Simpson, Daniel Imhof, Tam Nasilwa, or Ledgerwood? They'd all start on this team.

ilikemusic
06-30-2008, 09:41 PM
The CMNT would embarrass Toronto FC or most any other MLS side.

tfc_4_ever
06-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Cmnt Ez

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-30-2008, 10:14 PM
The CMNT would embarrass Toronto FC or most any other MLS side.

No chance, TFC would win in a walk.

TFC-Tyler
06-30-2008, 10:19 PM
No they wouldnt, you just proved you dont shit about soccer.

king10
07-01-2008, 02:38 PM

haha i think you have it backwards there.. cmnt would win in a walk

Blixa
07-01-2008, 07:22 PM
If we can't beat the fucking whitecaps then we sure as hell ain't beating the men's team.

olegunnar
07-01-2008, 07:34 PM
If we can't beat the fucking whitecaps then we sure as hell ain't beating the men's team.

Lost to a fucking minor league team.
I still can't bend my head around that.

I await the rationalizations and excuses. Those will be so inane they'll be good for a laugh.

Right now though laughing farthest thing from my mind.

A fucking minor league team.

remember when the marlies beat the leafs? Me neither...
or that time a CBA team beat an NBA team? Me neither...
an arena league team could totally take, I mean lose by 35 points to a NFL team.

A minor league team!!

zeelaw
07-01-2008, 08:51 PM
CMNT

ilikemusic
07-02-2008, 08:33 AM

:smilielol5:

Im sorry kid but you are a fucking joke. Theres nothing wrong with having an uninformed opinion but dont expect anybody to take it seriously.

Ya, Toronto FC would win in a walk, and the Whitecaps would crush them.

:smilielol5:

Get a friggin clue.