PDA

View Full Version : Landycakes Wins 3 ESPYs

TFC USA
07-14-2010, 10:37 PM
ESPY is the Sports awards show. Donovan won everything he was entered in...

BEST MOMENT
Phil Mickelson, 2009 Masters
Joannie Rochette, Winter Olympics
New Orleans Saints, Super Bowl XLIV
Landon Donovan World Cup vs. Algeria

CASTROL EDGE PERFORMANCE UNDER PRESSURE AWARD
Sidney Crosby in the Olympic Hockey Gold Medal Game
Brett Favre in his return to Green Bay
Stephen Strasburg in MLB debut

BEST MLS PLAYER
Connor Casey, Colorado
Jeff Cunningham, Dallas
Landon Donovan, Los Angeles
Shalrie Joseph, New England
Kasey Keller, Seattle

I am fucking FURIOUS Nick Garcia wasn't considered in the list of best MLS players. :p

TFC_Central
07-14-2010, 10:41 PM

BEST MOMENT

BEST MLS PLAYER
Connor Casey, Colorado
Jeff Cunningham, Dallas
Kasey Keller, Seattle

I am fucking FURIOUS Nick Garcia wasn't considered in the list of best MLS players. :p

ASTROL EDGE PERFORMANCE UNDER PRESSURE AWARD??

what the fuck, lmao

TFC USA
07-14-2010, 10:49 PM
lol I know I can't make this shit up.

ricciboy
07-14-2010, 10:54 PM
world cup goal over gold medal hockey game whattttt ?!??!!?!?

well ya it was a big goal for usa

TFC_Central
07-14-2010, 10:56 PM
BEST MOMENT

who is this guy ******* up the *** ........

Carts
07-14-2010, 10:59 PM
ASTROL EDGE PERFORMANCE UNDER PRESSURE AWARD??

what the fuck, lmao

Sponsorship makes the world go round...

The NHL has the 'Bud Light Plus-Minus Award'...

It makes money - it keeps things going...

Who cares if a sponsor is on it...

As for the "performance under pressure", the MTV Awards have the "Best Kick Ass Fight Scene Award" and "Biggest Bad Ass Award" they all make up awards for these shows to keep it "hip for the kids"...

Carts...

TFC USA
07-14-2010, 11:00 PM
world cup goal over gold medal hockey game whattttt ?!??!!?!?

well ya it was a big goal for usa

If the US had beaten Canada I bet the US' goal would've won.

BEST MOMENT

who is this guy ******* up the *** ........

You can swear here. :D

Cas87
07-14-2010, 11:05 PM

BEST MOMENT

BEST MLS PLAYER
Connor Casey, Colorado
Jeff Cunningham, Dallas
Kasey Keller, Seattle

FIRST
Joannie Rochette got screwed in the best moment award

SECOND
Of course Crosby would lose in an American sports award show

THIRD
De Rosario doesn't get the recognition in his own league let alone in his own hometown

TFC USA
07-14-2010, 11:12 PM
FIRST
Joannie Rochette got screwed in the best moment award

SECOND
Of course Crosby would lose in an American sports award show

THIRD
De Rosario doesn't get the recognition in his own league let alone in his own hometown

This is ironic because you've just mentioned nothing but Canadians. :D

Granted I think Crosby should've won the 2nd award, the Saints the "Best Moment", and Donovan the other award.

twistedchinaman
07-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Bah to the Espys.

Are you sure you weren't watching the Sports Grammys? :D

habstfc
07-15-2010, 12:34 AM
He wins an award for tapping a rebound in to a gaping soccer net....Kool. I'm being sarcastic of course.

twistedchinaman
07-15-2010, 12:47 AM
He wins an award for tapping a rebound in to a gaping soccer net....Kool. I'm being sarcastic of course.

Hence, the Espys have become the Sporting Grammys -- the equivalent of an "Everyone Gets a Trophy" Day.

Canary Canuck
07-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Booo my girl Rochette got robbed by Landycakes' tap in.

SoccMan
07-15-2010, 08:32 AM
I don't have a problem with Donovan's goal winning over Crosby's goal. The media reaction, the American sports fans reaction to Donovan's goal was immense, just do a video search on any search engine and look at the videos of so many Americans celebrating that goal in homes and bars and wherever Americans gathered to watch the USA vs. Algeria game, it was pretty incredible considering this was soccer we are talking about and Americans.

RoyalMidfielder
07-15-2010, 10:41 AM
This was from last night. Will Ferrel did a parody the Vuvuzela :D :D

BLKZ6nrzt34

Detroit_TFC
07-15-2010, 10:46 AM
The Will Ferrell bit was funny initially, but went on way too long. I was very happy about LD getting the best moment award, but you could tell the crowd didn't agree.

H Bomb
07-15-2010, 12:06 PM
This is good for north american footy. Sometimes some folks around here let their hate for landycakes cloud their judgement.

Detroit_TFC
07-15-2010, 12:15 PM
ESPN has decided that they are going to leverage their push into international sports coverage by promoting soccer in North America. We are moving into uncharted territory here. The big question mark is how that will effect MLS. Building an audience for the WC and elite leagues like the Prem doesn't translate automatically into interest in MLS, but it could provide a crucial bump.

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Sometimes some folks around here let their hate for landycakes cloud their judgement.

ba ZING!!! ZAP! blam! narf! vort! rope! tool! kirk!

TFC USA
07-15-2010, 12:32 PM
ESPN has decided that they are going to leverage their push into international sports coverage by promoting soccer in North America. We are moving into uncharted territory here. The big question mark is how that will effect MLS. Building an audience for the WC and elite leagues like the Prem doesn't translate automatically into interest in MLS, but it could provide a crucial bump.

It will affect them positively until they actually watch some of the games.....:facepalm:

TFCUNITED
07-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Granted I think Crosby should've won the 2nd award, the Saints the "Best Moment", and Donovan the other award.

That's how I see it as well.

ExiledRed
07-15-2010, 02:13 PM
This is good for north american footy. Sometimes some folks around here let their hate for landycakes cloud their judgement.

You may be right, but the fact that Donovan's goal in the first round of the world cup against a below average African team beats a gold medal winning goal at the olympics obtained during sudden death is mind boggling.

Id say its a big 'fuck you canada' actually.

H Bomb
07-15-2010, 02:31 PM
You may be right, but the fact that Donovan's goal in the first round of the world cup against a below average African team beats a gold medal winning goal at the olympics obtained during sudden death is mind boggling.

Id say its more a statement on the importance of both sports. Hockey is great for the 40 million people on earth that like it, if that. I agree with that one. The landy goal was one of the best moments of a poor tournament.

Sonny Cheeba
07-15-2010, 02:32 PM
he won because his girlfriend is a walking bag of tv ratings.

OH YEAH!

i'm just talking out of my ass hahah

TFC USA
07-15-2010, 02:32 PM

I don't think so. ESPYs is America-centric so it's more of a "PRO-USA" than "Anti-Canada" thing. You haven't done enough to merit hate. :D

But yeah I know if the USA had won the gold medal game that would've won.

carefree_cfc
07-15-2010, 02:48 PM

Nothing in sports united the US like that goal (as shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbn3rOPmR9w ) this year. For that, It's a clear winner. Also, 'below average' African team is a stretch.

I'm thrilled that the Landon moment is getting mainstream recognition in the US, as that can only help grow the MLS and the sport generally in N America.

One more thing, Donovan ceased being landycakes when Everton fans began chanting "U-S-A U-S-A"

TFC USA
07-15-2010, 02:55 PM
What will grow the MLS is better play, being competitive in the Champions League, and eliminating scum like the Crew.

McBrace
07-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Nothing in sports united the US like that goal (as shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbn3rOPmR9w ) this year. For that, It's a clear winner. Also, 'below average' African team is a stretch.

I'm thrilled that the Landon moment is getting mainstream recognition in the US, as that can only help grow the MLS and the sport generally in N America.

One more thing, Donovan ceased being landycakes when Everton fans began chanting "U-S-A U-S-A"

He will ALWAYS BE LANDYCAKES!

ExiledRed
07-16-2010, 11:21 PM

Everton fans have always been a bit slow though.

On my first point, if its all about the USA, why even include Crosbie's gold medal winning hockey goal?

The fact that theyd include it, and then put landons goal above it, cause it allowed the states to progress to the round of 16, is just ridiculous.

Again, if its a better play cause it united the americans, and because the americans found it more important, then it was all about the USA and crosbies goal shouldnt have been in the running.

TFC USA
07-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Crosby's goal united all of Canada in OT winning the gold against your rivals. USA's goal meant jack shit because we lost to Ghana 3 days later. It just delayed our exit by one game.

Gazza_55
07-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Crosby's goal united all of Canada in OT winning the gold against your rivals. USA's goal meant jack shit because we lost to Ghana 3 days later. It just delayed our exit by one game.

It was the second biggest goal in the history of US Soccer.

Oldtimer
07-17-2010, 09:36 AM

Unless you win the WC, any game-winning goal will be followed by a defeat; and I seriously doubt that even the most rabid USA fans though that the US would win the WC.

SO Landycake's goal meant that the US of A had a decent showing. I don't think you should discount that, despite your disappointment at them losing what should have been a winnable game days later.

Flipityflu
07-17-2010, 10:43 AM
well i guess we can give him this espy this time since he missed out on the most homo-erotic photographic award a couple of years ago.