PDA

View Full Version : 25% off soccer tix in toronto!

gmacpheetfc
07-14-2010, 02:00 PM
http://www.travelzoo.com/ca/entertainment/851103/?utm_source=top20_ca&utm_medium=email_top20 (http://www.travelzoo.com/ca/entertainment/851103/?utm_source=top20_ca&utm_medium=email_top20)

Score tickets to Toronto FC's CONCACAF match versus Honduran side Club Deportivo Motagua. This contest boasts playoff like implications, with the winner advancing to the Group Stage of CONCACAF Champions League.
Ticket categories for the match on July 27 at 8:00 p.m. include all fees and service charges -- savings close to $10 per ticket.

I would have to say the hooneymoon is officially over time to hold season ticket prices no int'l friendlies and included first rnd of concacaf in season tickets and offer as a partial package

Parkdale
07-14-2010, 02:00 PM
wait... this thread is about what now?

Fort York Redcoat
07-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Special offer to TFC = the sky is falling.

Parkdale
07-14-2010, 02:05 PM
I would have to say the hooneymoon is officially over time to hold season ticket prices no int'l friendlies and included first rnd of concacaf in season tickets and offer as a partial package

I would have to say the hooneymoon is officially over. [It's] time to hold [the cost of] season ticket prices. [Don't have any] int'l friendlies and include [the] first [round] of concacaf in season tickets. and offer as a partial package

oh.... see how clear things can be with proper punctuation? [actually it took more than that]

gmacpheetfc
07-14-2010, 02:08 PM
oh.... see how clear things can be with proper punctuation? [actually it took more than that]at work try to limit time on rpb forum

Ladies Love Julius James
07-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Dude, I was high as hell when I told people to put my site on their location. Don't think the guy would sign with TFC after the Mista signing anyway. You could change that, my bad :D

Parkdale
07-14-2010, 02:11 PM
gotcha. gotta type fast and furious.

P-NUTZ
07-14-2010, 02:19 PM
i am super excited to see this game. i consider it a real flag waving, international tourney type broo ha ha for our club. this is worth the juice i think.
awesome, especially since we have a great coach and a very decent squad.
F-IT...im all in.

Fort York Redcoat
07-14-2010, 02:23 PM
^Need more like this

+1

Parkdale
07-14-2010, 02:25 PM
exactly! It's a huge game and could open the door to a lot more.

P-NUTZ
07-14-2010, 02:29 PM
imagine some team invading our soil when there is something real at stake....let's have 'em!

How exciting.

If hockey had such a thing kind of like this and your Leafs or whomever were playing in an international tourney and had a home leg game against some foreign club?

cmon - it's not uefa but close enough for us!

Hitcho
07-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Agree that this is a huge deal - win the tie and we're in the CL proper. How much more of a pulling factor is that for getting good players here? Can't hurt at least. And what a huge deal for the club, players and fans - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!

However, also agree with OP that we've been raped in terms of SSH price increases since season 1. Definitely the club should freeze ticket SSH prices and include the prelim CONCACAF qualifier as part of the package (assuming we make it). Yes, they'd lose one cash grab, but think of the upside - excellent attendance for the home leg to boost the boys and chance to cash in from the group stages if we make it through as a result, with regular SSH all juiced up about the CL proper after seeing us through the qualifier.

I know we've had grass, DP, etc back from MLSE but really, it's time for some monetary comfort from them rather than asset comfort. 96% renewal rate every year means very loyal fans, even through the recessionary bit and price hikes, so why not show them some love back?

Brooker
07-14-2010, 03:01 PM
this truly is the worst advertised game ever.

actually I don't even think it's even been remotely advertised?

P-NUTZ
07-14-2010, 03:03 PM
agree with the above - as i too would like some love back for my patronage.

Funny, played pick up last week, and a season ticket holder friend from mississauga was laughing that he had way too many tickets now to this game because they gave him freebies on top of it for the G20 thing.

i thought.....and then tried to keep a positive spin on that saying we could make it a big party before the game etc...

Fort York Redcoat
07-14-2010, 03:17 PM
^It's going to take years for North Americans or casuals to get the enormity of an international club game. I think it may have to do with all the big leagues being cross border here. It's also lost on the casual that this is a bigger deal (to some of us) than playoffs that they're used to.

Well enjoy the ease of tickets while you can...

Toronto_Bhoy
07-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Has the well run dry?

We'll see…

ilikemusic
07-14-2010, 04:13 PM
I might get tickets, but it wont be until close to game day.

I make no effort to go out and get tickets for games anymore.

Tickets are wildly over priced (for all games, not just non-league games).

MLSE got real cocky real fast about their product and it has severely tempered my enthusiasm.

Limani_Ole
07-15-2010, 02:47 PM
think if the tickets go up next year there will be a backlash.. lets face it..
why committ to a season when you can buy ticket from the box office or online the day off the match?

Hitcho
07-15-2010, 02:54 PM
think if the tickets go up next year there will be a backlash.. lets face it..
why committ to a season when you can buy ticket from the box office or online the day off the match?

That's an interesting point, and may influence the FO in setting prices for next season. Although you have to set against that the oft-touted waiting list which, according to MLSE, now has at least 88 gazillion people on it. As long as they can rely on that, they'll do what the feck they like with ticket prices.

I think next season we'll see another hike, and the CL qualifier will stay outside of the SSH quota. Expect lots of dramatic sales pitches based on the Canadian rivalry of having the shite caps join the league - big drama, big wow, come and be part of this amazing and seismic event in Canadian soccer history, etc.

Suds
07-15-2010, 03:05 PM
there are so many tickets around these days it's a joke

I used to go out of my way to find tickets for people who wanted to come to the games ... the last few games friends have purchased below cost from scalpers about 30 feet fro the box office at BMO

what will be more interesting is how long scalpers will hold on to boat loads of tickets they can't sell

Technorgasm
07-15-2010, 03:23 PM
will feel great to see Guevara's smiling face again.. he always smiles. .

of course I hope he isnt by FT.

Parkdale
07-15-2010, 03:26 PM
this truly is the worst advertised game ever.

actually I don't even think it's even been remotely advertised?

I've seen adds on... was it GOL TV?

not really 'reaching new markets'.

an remember when the L'Impact did well and sold 50,000 seats in Olympique Stadium (in February)? Hope we can get close to that (and that far into the tourney)

Whoop
07-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Word is that Montreal papered the stadium with free or very cheap tickets.....

Parkdale
07-15-2010, 03:46 PM
they did yes, but people still showed up. Even at $1 a ticket, 50,000 is a lot of people for a game in February against some team most people have never heard of.

rocker
07-15-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm sure if we make quarters, we'll sell out BMO :)

remember this is a "play in" game against a team 99% of people have never seen play and probably most have never heard of, on a Tuesday night.
We've had league games in the season's tickets that didn't have a full house on weekday nights (Houston, for example, in 2007 I believe).

nfitz
07-15-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm sure if we make quarters, we'll sell out BMO :)On February 23rd? Instead of streamers, we can throw snowballs ...

rocker
07-15-2010, 04:47 PM
On February 23rd? Instead of streamers, we can throw snowballs ...

they'll melt when they hit the heated field.

Rudi
07-15-2010, 06:16 PM
CONCACAF moved back the quarters to mid/late March this year.

It'll probably be the same going forward, as MLS prefers those matches as cl;ose to the start of their regular season as possible.

nfitz
07-15-2010, 07:16 PM
CONCACAF moved back the quarters to mid/late March this year.

It'll probably be the same going forward, as MLS prefers those matches as cl;ose to the start of their regular season as possible.They announced the schedule a few months ago:

FEBRUARY
22-24 Quarterfinal – First Leg
MARCH
1-3 Quarterfinal – Second Leg (http://www.concacaf.com/staticFiles/b4/4c/0,,12813~150708,00.pdf)

TIRONA
07-16-2010, 09:10 AM
REMEMBER - If TFC win this CL tournament that many dont seem to know or care about, they will get to play the winner of UEFA Champions League in a game that actually means something. That would be pretty exciting for TFC.