PDA

View Full Version : Bmo Rental Buh BYE!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Due to the overuse of BMO Field to-date, we had complaints from TFC and MLS that the field conditions are extremely poor. As a result, we have cancelled all future bookings and are no longer booking anything in for the remainder of the season, in order to get the field back up to standards.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Not sure if this has been talked about...if so close it!

:drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking:

flatpicker
07-13-2010, 02:54 PM
AeTgx_pj6m8

billyfly
07-13-2010, 02:56 PM
YEAH!

Shaughno
07-13-2010, 02:57 PM
About time.... you would think the geniuses would have put a stop to that when they pulled out the shitty turf.

MartinUtd
07-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Great news!

pekduck
07-13-2010, 03:02 PM
great news indeed!

celebration!

Red CB Toronto
07-13-2010, 03:13 PM
I am glad to see this, wonder what was the final straw to cause this as the city owns the stadium and standium rent is revenue for them.
What TFC could have done if this choice was not made. All I hope for now is that the Academy can move there three remaining games back to BMO because Brockton sucks as a facility.

sully
07-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Due to the overuse of BMO Field to-date, we had complaints from TFC and MLS that the field conditions are extremely poor. As a result, we have cancelled all future bookings and are no longer booking anything in for the remainder of the season, in order to get the field back up to standards.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Not sure if this has been talked about...if so close it!

:drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking:

So they have cancelled all future bookings but do the bookings already made still stand? I.e. if its been booked out for the next 4 months, will the pitch be overused anyway?

James Oliphant
07-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Where is this from? An email?

Just curious...

nfitz
07-13-2010, 03:21 PM
I am glad to see this, wonder what was the final straw to cause this as the city owns the stadium and standium rent is revenue for them.The agreement that they made (http://www.explace.on.ca/database/rte/BMO%20Field%20-%20Upgrade%20to%20Grass%20Field%20Final%20Sept%201 0%202009(1).pdf) says that "that the Soccer Stadium shall be made available for Community Sports purposes, as permitted by weather conditions, a minimum of 12 hours per week during the months of April to October."

Presumably if this report is true, TFC have simply used this clause to cancel bookings.

nascarguy
07-13-2010, 03:22 PM
good

Phil
07-13-2010, 03:23 PM
The players have been very critical of the pitch for the last bit.

Grass is not rooting right.

Good news and a very welcome development.

Boondaddy
07-13-2010, 03:28 PM
thank God.

Toronto Ruffrider
07-13-2010, 04:32 PM
About time, dammit. Hopefully the rentals are nixed for next season as well.

Wagner
07-13-2010, 04:38 PM
the turf has been terrible.
did anyone see the massive divot that Conor Casey dug up at the end of the 1st half??
the grass is not taking root.
something is wrong.
I suspect that there is something else wrong...like fertility.
but i'm very happy to hear that public bookings are done for.

nfitz
07-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Grass looks a lot better than it did at Saputo stadium their first season. And that grass had a lot less use than ours!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-13-2010, 04:45 PM
So they have cancelled all future bookings but do the bookings already made still stand? I.e. if its been booked out for the next 4 months, will the pitch be overused anyway?

Booking are made for example...june 1st for July rentals...July 1st for August rentals...

not sure if the july bookings are honored ...but i know for fact August..and on is DEAD!

Bluenose13
07-13-2010, 04:49 PM
As long as the blond Scotts girl in front of 112-113 has to keep an eye on the turf, I don't care what shape it's in.

nfitz
07-13-2010, 04:51 PM
The one with a physique of a 13-year old?

Toronto Ruffrider
07-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Grass looks a lot better than it did at Saputo stadium their first season. And that grass had a lot less use than ours!

The year Saputo Stadium opened was a lot rainier than normal. I remember reading that the pitch at Saputo didn't root properly - it rooted laterally rather than downward. Of course, it didn't help that Saputo's pitch was used on consecutive nights for the Impact and the nats.:rolleyes:

This past June was very rainy here in T.O. I can't imagine how bad the pitch would be had MLS teams played right through the World Cup.

etro
07-13-2010, 04:56 PM
As long as the blond Scotts girl in front of 112-113 has to keep an eye on the turf, I don't care what shape it's in.

That's what I'm talking about!

Redcoe15
07-13-2010, 06:04 PM
'bout time!

gtaguy
07-13-2010, 06:28 PM
:party::seeya: excellent..bout time.

Gixmo
07-13-2010, 09:01 PM

Here here.. raise a glass!

twistedchinaman
07-13-2010, 10:20 PM
Best news of the day!

redcard
07-13-2010, 10:36 PM
i am sure it has a lot to do with the mls cup final being at BMO as well...if the grass is dead before the fall then there would no chance of recovery and a shit turf for the final....

Keystone FC
07-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Good to hear.

Cashcleaner
07-14-2010, 06:47 AM
MLSE, please just cut the city a cheque and we can put this issue behind us once and for all.

Good news. We just need to find a way to make it a permanent thing now.

Steve
07-16-2010, 08:37 AM
MLSE, please just cut the city a cheque and we can put this issue behind us once and for all.

Good news. We just need to find a way to make it a permanent thing now.

The unfortunate thing about government is, that isn't always (or even often) a solution. Even though it could be profitable for them to just get a cheque and forget about it, they are thinking politically, not financially. Essentially, the city wants BMO to be used by the public not as revenue generation, but so that we have X hours of public use facilities per year (they get political points that way). Personally, I think it's stupid, but that's how they work.

A similar thing happened where I work with the stupid environmental handling fee. Essentially, it was designed to add a nominal fee to consumer electronics upfront so that they can be disposed of properly. Unfortunately, somehow the lawmakers forgot to think about other electronics (for example, what is your definition of an LCD monitor? Would those bar-code scanners at wal-mart be LCDs? Sadly, even the people who made these laws don't really know how to classify them). Anyway, our company tried to just pay the government a lump sum every year to sell those things (scanners, phones, servers, etc). The lump sum would have been more than they would have made by charging for every piece individually. Sadly, the government decided that wasn't good enough, and that it was our job to determine which pieces fit into which category, charge the appropriate fee for it (there are like 50 different fees), and keep track of it to report back to the government. Because of this, we lose a ton of time in lost productivity for what amounts to a pretty small amount the government gets back. Everyone loses. I love lawmakers who have no idea what they're making laws about.

TheRenter
07-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Stay The F**k Out!!!

Red CB Toronto
07-16-2010, 11:24 AM
When public funds are used to build a facility the public should have access to it, no questions asked, it was not like MLSE was willing to finance the stadium being built, they only went after a MLS team after the agreement to build what would be BMO Field was approved after Canada was awarded the U20 World Cup.

Toronto Ruffrider
07-16-2010, 12:45 PM
When public funds are used to build a facility the public should have access to it, no questions asked, it was not like MLSE was willing to finance the stadium being built, they only went after a MLS team after the agreement to build what would be BMO Field was approved after Canada was awarded the U20 World Cup.

I understand the angle that your coming from, though I still disagree with it. I don't expect everything with public funding to be used by Joe blow. If the federal government spent billions of dollars on a Mars rover, I would be shocked if a random citizen could pony up a sum of money and get to maneuver the rover via remote control. Okay, this may be an extreme example, but you see where I'm going: infrastructure that's built for professional use should be left to professionals.

craz11
07-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Stay The F**k Out!!!

A guy named "TheRenter" comments in support of getting rid of field rentals...

...how ironic!