PDA

View Full Version : International Absences coming up

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Alright, I'm trying to compile a list of players that will be absent in the future due to Olympics and World Cup Qualifying. This should help us understand how our team will be impacted. Let's not forget we'll have player additions as Carver has suggested.

Overall, I am very optimistic about the impact to the team based on internation absences. If we can get some players back in time for what will probably be a huge game against Chicago @ home on Oct 18th then even better.

Assumptions:
* Guevara doesn't go to Olympics. I suspect he'll play only in WCQ only
* Edu gets called up to WCQ as he did for the 2nd round
* All players involved in WCQ play all games. This could change if say for example a team loses it's first 3 games and find themselves out of a chance to qualify. We could see players returning if this happens.

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 01:04 PM
My copy and paste from excel didn't work, working on it :)

EDIT: ARRRGHH...there seems to be no easy way of copying and pasting the excel info. It thought this thing supported rich text. Guess not.

GabrielHurl
06-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Just hit print screen - open MS Paint - and save it as a jpg

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Just hit print screen - open MS Paint - and save it as a jpg

Yeah I tried that at first, then realized I need a URL to add the pic to the post.

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Ok, this could work

GabrielHurl
06-23-2008, 01:23 PM
http://i29.tinypic.com/2i8ywjm.jpg

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 01:24 PM
http://i29.tinypic.com/2i8ywjm.jpg

Nice thanks, what's the trick?

GabrielHurl
06-23-2008, 01:30 PM
when you get the pic saved as a jpg - upload to an image site like Tinypic.com - it will give you a URL that you can use to post pictures

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Dont forget ROBO..will be in the mix..come Sept and October for wales..WC2010

Sept 9th and october 11th Wc2010 Euro dates

And Again....i'll say!!

MLS will always be a joke League until its reconizes international dates!!!

These Sept -OCtober games could mean missing the playoffs with players away! Big part of the season

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Dont forget ROBO..will be in the mix..come Sept and October for wales..WC2010

And Again....i'll say!!

MLS will always be a joke League until its reconizes international dates!!!

These Sept -OCtober games could mean missing the playoffs with players away! Big part of the season

yep the fifa dates must be taken serious by MLS, players should not have to choose between club and country but this year for TFC it might come down to that...and what the fans want MLS playoffs or a long run in WCQ? choices?

giambac
06-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Nice thanks, what's the trick?

Nic ejob and thanks for the update/status of players who will be missing from action.

One thing.

Everyone who has been backing Carver for not using his starters last Saturday vs. KC better not start making excuses for TFC when they are shorthanded.

I better not hear excuses and crying from Carver if TFC starts losing that his star players are off on international duties. He didn't think it was important to use them vs KC to get the 3 points so he better not start with the excuses.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Nic ejob and thanks for the update/status of players who will be missing from action.

One thing.

Everyone who has been backing Carver for not using his starters last Saturday vs. KC better not start making excuses for TFC when they are shorthanded.

I better not hear excuses and crying from Carver if TFC starts losing that his star players are off on international duties. He didn't think it was important to use them vs KC to get the 3 points so he better not start with the excuses.

Why do you continue..to bring negativty to these threads....i just wasted 30mins..reading the other thread...you made a mess of...now this!!

Keep you carver comments to the carver threads!!! Purdy PLease!

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Updated with Robbo. Was hoping that was it when I created the first list...

http://i27.tinypic.com/2dsl30z.jpg

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-23-2008, 01:42 PM

One thing.

the players deserved the time off a good manager reconized that and did what he had to do, if it comes down to seeing TFC do well or Canada having a good run at wcq....it;s TFC first...Canada second.

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 01:43 PM
ok no more Carver discussions here please. This is supposed to be a productive thread.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-23-2008, 01:44 PM
ok no more Carver discussions here please. This is supposed to be a productive thread.

Agreed..!! ...we dont need another thread going off track!

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Back to the issue at hand. I really hope we can get our players back for the Oct 18th match against Chicago. We could be looking at a very important match there. They'll have 3 and 4 days to get back so hopefully they'll be ready to play.

akoto
06-24-2008, 07:37 AM
It's absolutely insane to think that we could be without over half of our starting line up due to FIFA dates. MLS has to step in and do something about this. If the league wants to be considered a top league and to grow in acceptance it needs it's best players on the pitch every game. If you want good players to come play here it has to be done because good players play for their National teams.

Shaughno
06-24-2008, 07:50 AM
^^ Agreed, it seems though that it affects us more than most other teams though.

Canary Canuck
06-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Another one is Jarrod Smith. He already has 10 caps for New Zealand and they have games September 6th and 10th so that's a possibility.

Also, with the continued wrangling between blacklisted players and Jack Warner of the TTFF you might see Julius James get a call-up this fall. T&T's squad that barely got by Bermuda were nearly half amateur players.

Fort York Redcoat
06-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Stupid Olympics. Why have soccer in the Olympics, now? Fifa take care of it better anyway. I don't mind breaks for FIFA as much as the Olympics.

TFC-Tyler
06-24-2008, 10:51 AM
the players deserved the time off a good manager reconized that and did what he had to do, if it comes down to seeing TFC do well or Canada having a good run at wcq....it;s TFC first...Canada second.
Uh no. Country first. One thing I appreciate about European sports is how highly they consider international sports, like we all should.

Shaughno
06-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Uh no. Country first. One thing I appreciate about European sports is how highly they consider international sports, like we all should.

Personal opinion really. I agree for the most part, but the Olympics? Who gives a flying fuck.

Canary Canuck
06-24-2008, 11:22 AM
According to Steve Goff's blog, the Americans leave for China July 25th so Marvell and Mo's last game will be the final game of the Canada Cup on the 22nd. Their last group game in the Olympics is August 13th so we might have them back for the Shite Bulls game on the 17th.

TFC-Tyler
06-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Personal opinion really. I agree for the most part, but the Olympics? Who gives a flying fuck.
In terms of Olympics, I agree completely. Most unnecessary 'tourny' there is. I meant more for World Cup Qualifying.

Technorgasm
06-25-2008, 10:22 AM
WHY SHOULD N.AMERICAN CLUBS . . actually be PENALIZED for having international players?

Robbo said it really well in his blog.

just does NOT make sense. . . I know that the bulk of our season is in alignment with those types of matches but. . come on. concessions have to be made.

Does Carver have the right to say NO ?