blackandwhite
06-23-2008, 11:54 AM
TFV :) is that like FC?

DOMIN8R
06-23-2008, 11:54 AM
And he gave us the link;)

Roogsy
06-23-2008, 11:56 AM
And there Carver explains his reasoning for playing bench players...which sounds completely reasonable. People may disagree...but I certainly don't. These are players that he is going to have to rely on when his starters are away and he is a man of his word.

The interview does nothing except reinforce my opinion that he did the right thing and everyone criticizing him isn't looking at the big picture and is being very shortsighted.

Good on ya JC!

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 11:58 AM
And there Carver explains his reasoning for playing bench players...which sounds completely reasonable. People may disagree...but I certainly don't. These are players that he is going to have to rely on when his starters are away and he is a man of his word.

The interview does nothing except reinforce my opinion that he did the right thing and everyone criticizing him isn't looking at the big picture and is being very shortsighted.

Good on ya JC!

Does this really have to be another thread on this subject?

Roogsy
06-23-2008, 11:59 AM
I was wondering about that...but it's the first extended interview I have seen where he speaks about it. It's in the content of the video, but I hope it doesn't get out of hand.

SilverSamurai
06-23-2008, 12:01 PM
I now hate CV2 even more.
JDG OMG!!!!
Ok I'm done. :$

Roogsy
06-23-2008, 12:02 PM
The guys CV2 is interviewing are actually really funny. They are friends of the guy who was doing the Carslburg Halftime Kicking thing. The only thing? They can't sing for balls.

But they do tend to bring hotties into the section...LOL!

Roogsy
06-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Atiba and JDG didn't seem like they noticed the subdued atmosphere at the game. But JDG said he'd be back for the July 1 game...let's show him what TFC fans can REALLY do.

I swear...July 1 has to be the best atmosphere we have ever given or we should just shoot ourselves in the left testicle.

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Atiba and JDG didn't seem like they noticed the subdued atmosphere at the game. But JDG said he'd be back for the July 1 game...let's show him what TFC fans can REALLY do.

I swear...July 1 has to be the best atmosphere we have ever given or we should just shoot ourselves in the left testicle.

I'm pretty sure that game isn't even sold out :(

SilverSamurai
06-23-2008, 12:09 PM

Haha, Lombardo as the coach. lol That was funny though.

Yes please go nuts on the 1st. Sadly I won't be there. I'll be watching from the east coast sadly.

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 12:13 PM
I love the guy's voice who does the recap of the previous game. Sounds so authentic.

Roogsy
06-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Rohan Ricketts is hilarious. I love having that guy on TFC.

NF-FC
06-23-2008, 12:18 PM
i cant stand that inaudible screech known as CV2.

Roogsy
06-23-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm pretty sure that game isn't even sold out :(

THIS is where I feel supporters clubs should be more effective.

Yeah, I get that everyone thinks it's chanting, or Tifos or away trips.

But if we can't get people IN OUR OWN CITY to come to the games...what does the rest matter?

I firmly believe RPB and the other supporters clubs need to do something to raise the profile of this game and help TFC sell it out. We need to have the kind of atmosphere we have during regular TFC home games (better than the KC game of course). What can we do? What can the team do?

I really hope TFC isn't resting on their laurels thinking everything is going to come easy. We need to learn from the mistakes of the CSA and not let the fans come to TFC but go out and seek new fans.

This is a really important game...we win and we hold the cards for the lone CL spot.

djking2
06-23-2008, 12:19 PM
I have to admit I don't know why so many seem to go off on CV2. I don't love the bits but I realize it's an effort to appeal to a different demographic group than is represented here on the boards.

Stencils
06-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Anyone see the Budgie banner cameo? :D

mednus
06-23-2008, 12:29 PM
JDG kissing the Badge, How sweet it is!

deschamp86
06-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Anyone else notice that JDG2 realized he wasn't wanted and stayed off camera while JDG and Hutch were being interviewed. What's he doing in Toronto anyways? I thought he was Dutch

SilverSamurai
06-23-2008, 12:31 PM
I have to admit I don't know why so many seem to go off on CV2. I don't love the bits but I realize it's an effort to appeal to a different demographic group than is represented here on the boards.

When did TFC become a family show?
Anyways though, I'm not getting into it here, it's been beaten like dead horse as it is about cv2. I still think that we should trade him for a washing machine. :taz:

Roogsy
06-23-2008, 12:34 PM

Agreed. I find him annoying but he is there for the kids.

If you don't like it...perhaps it's because you're not a kid and it's not directed at you?

Roogsy
06-23-2008, 12:35 PM
When did TFC become a family show?
Anyways though, I'm not getting into it here, it's been beaten like dead horse as it is about cv2. I still think that we should trade him for a washing machine. :taz:

Um...it always has been. Welcome to sports in North America.

Maybe the supporters stands isn't for kids...but perhaps you haven't seen the rest of the stadium? Full of them...let's keep things in perspective shall we?

SilverSamurai
06-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Um...it always has been. Welcome to sports in North America.

Maybe the supporters stands isn't for kids...but perhaps you haven't seen the rest of the stadium? Full of them...let's keep things in perspective shall we?

Actually I don't really look elsewhere. lol
I just have a hard time imagining a 10yr old going online to look for tfc tv. What happend to playing ps2 and nintendo!:taz:

Roogsy
06-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Now it's called Wii my friend. And the PS3...

Welcome to the 21st century! LMAO!

Razcle
06-23-2008, 01:11 PM
lol...SO there are now 2 episodes per week. They are really pushing the brand. This is good to see...get the exposure out there. If you look at the tv shows put on by other teams...they are terrible in comparison. I tip my hat to MLSE for taking the bull by the horns and jumping out a head of the pack.

DigzTFC!
06-23-2008, 01:31 PM
I thought it was amazing that Jonathan De Guzman wasn't interviewed... I hope it sinks in that more and more people are paying attention, so him turning his back on Canada will be known to thousands. I loved his facial expressions when they focused in on the boys. He looked so quilty, like "oh god, here we go". The irony is its best for TFC TV and him not to be in the video. That just made my fucking day.:canada:

Good luck playing for the dutch....you too can be part of the dutch collapse at every tournament.:hump:

Leprechaun
06-23-2008, 03:32 PM
wtf was Judas doing there. i wonder if he got heckled by anyone for turning his back on Canada.

NateDoGG
06-23-2008, 03:50 PM
cv2 is becomming ever so popular

TFC07
06-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Anyone else notice that JDG2 realized he wasn't wanted and stayed off camera while JDG and Hutch were being interviewed. What's he doing in Toronto anyways? I thought he was Dutch

Good question.

Nuvinho
06-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Love the sly smile JC gave when he said they will be introducing more players in the next few weeks.

tfc_4_ever
06-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Agreed. I find him annoying but he is there for the kids.

If you don't like it...perhaps it's because you're not a kid and it's not directed at you?

The kids hate him lol. I am 15 and i hate it lol

NF-FC
06-23-2008, 05:26 PM
lol...SO there are now 2 episodes per week. They are really pushing the brand. This is good to see...get the exposure out there. If you look at the tv shows put on by other teams...they are terrible in comparison. I tip my hat to MLSE for taking the bull by the horns and jumping out a head of the pack.

it'd be nice to see a weekly half hour show on tv similar to "Jays Connected"

Ron Manager
06-23-2008, 07:17 PM
I love the guy's voice who does the recap of the previous game. Sounds so authentic.

It sounds like the guy that used to do Transworld Sports.

James17930
06-23-2008, 08:43 PM
You know, it really is nice of them to do stuff like this for us, considering how much we always bitch and complain about everything.

Daveisonfire
06-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Love the sly smile JC gave when he said they will be introducing more players in the next few weeks.

I know!!!

Jesus, the man's got me excited now:eek:

noochie
06-23-2008, 09:44 PM
I know!!!

Jesus, he man's got me excited now:eek:

If a deal is done... why wait!!! Show us the money!

Blizzard
06-23-2008, 10:47 PM

Agreed. Making TFC-TV even more notable is the fact that it is a one man production with the same guy directing, shooting and editing.

Anybody who has worked anywhere near the business knows that putting together 30 minutes a week all by yourself is quite the achievement.

B

Blizzard
06-23-2008, 10:48 PM
It sounds like the guy that used to do Transworld Sports.

It does sound like that but it is actually Luke Wileman, the guy who co-hosts Soccer Saturday on the Fan with Nigel. He left the BBC to come to Toronto to get married.

He now works for TFC.

His authenticity brings a lot to the show IMO.

B

Oldtimer
06-24-2008, 07:21 AM
CV2 is not great, however the segments sometimes do have some interest in that they give us a "behind the scenes" look at things -- except the latest segment which looks like a case of running out of ideas.

SLBuu
06-24-2008, 02:15 PM
haven't seen it yet, whats the new format that was spoken about?

Canary Canuck
06-24-2008, 10:59 PM
CV2 is not great, however the segments sometimes do have some interest in that they give us a "behind the scenes" look at things -- except the latest segment which looks like a case of running out of ideas.

Just wait, next week he'll be interviewing the janitor

"So what's it like cleaning shit up all day?

NF-FC
06-25-2008, 06:04 AM
Just wait, next week he'll be interviewing the janitor

"SOWASITLIKECLEANSHITALLDAY!!!!!?

^That's more like it