PDA

View Full Version : TFC vs. PU: The Battle on the Delaware, 7/17/2010

twistedchinaman
07-11-2010, 07:43 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7c/Toronto_FC_Logo.svg/201px-Toronto_FC_Logo.svg.png (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7c/Toronto_FC_Logo.svg)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7b/PhiladelphiaUnion.png/190px-PhiladelphiaUnion.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PhiladelphiaUnion.png)

TORONTO FC VS. PHILADELPHIA UNION

July 17, 2010
3:30pm EST (1:30pm MST)
PPL Park, Chester, Pennsylvania

It's the return leg of the home/way -- we were kind enough to let Philly be the first play on our turf; now it's time we show our second DP to them in their house on the shores of the Delaware River.

First away match after 4 straight home games...no time better to continue our unbeaten run on the green, green grass of Philly's house!

twistedchinaman
07-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Yes, this is the pre-game thread. Begin discussions!

ArmenJBX
07-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Possible lineup:

--------------------------Frei-----------------------------
---Gargan------Nana-------------Cann---------Harden-----
--------------De Guzman------LaBrocca--------------------
--De Rosario-------------------------------------Barrett---
----------------Mista--------Maicon-----------------------

tfc2007
07-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Is Mista a DP?

tfc2007
07-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Possible lineup:

---Gargan------Nana-------------Cann---------Harden-----
--------------De Guzman------Sanyang--------------------
--De Rosario-------------------------------------Barrett---
----------------Mista--------Maicon-----------------------

Like the line up, but switch Barrett for Labbroca

TFCRegina
07-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Is Mista a DP?

Yes.

ArmenJBX
07-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Switching Sanyang for LaBrocca. :D

Nuvinho
07-11-2010, 08:45 PM
sorry, but I think Garcia stays there until he screws up again. I think Ibbe may get another start, since if you bench him, he may lose motivation.

---Gargan------Nana-------------Cann---------Garcia-----
--------------De Guzman------LaBrocca--------------------
--De Rosario-------------------------------------Ibbe------
----------------Mista--------Barett-----------------------

TFCRegina
07-11-2010, 08:55 PM
-------------------Frei------------------
---Gargan------Nana--Cann-----Garcia
-------------JDG------Saric-------------
--De Rosario----------------------Barrett
-------------------Maicon-------------
-------------------Mista------------------

4-2-2-1-1

Maicon plays deep lying forward, Mista is the pure striker, Barrett and De Ro provide wing play and are swapping back and forth.

Kaz
07-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Really with the bowel evacuant obsession you folks have when talking about other MLS clubs, I figured you'd be using the other PU logo.

Should be another road win... so long as the good players show up.

Kaz
07-11-2010, 09:04 PM
---Gargan------Nana--Cann-----Garcia
-------------JDG------Saric-------------
--De Rosario----------------------Barrett
-------------------Maicon-------------
-------------------Mista------------------

4-2-2-1-1

Maicon plays deep lying forward, Mista is the pure striker, Barrett and De Ro provide wing play and are swapping back and forth.

Mista's natural and best produced position has been as second not first striker. I would hope they would play him as such. It was after he was moved to a primary striker position his goal scoring feel apart. (mixed with injuries and such)

TFC USA
07-11-2010, 09:11 PM
This team scares the shit out of me on the road.

I'm not taking this one for granted. Going to play it safe and say 1-1 draw but I expect a win.

Oldtimer
07-11-2010, 09:22 PM
---Gargan------Nana--Cann-----Garcia--
--De Rosario--JDG------Saric---LaBrocca--
---------------Mista---Barrett/Maicon----------

I'm pretty sure Preki is going to play 4-4-2.

It's important that Mista & JDG can link up. Barrett could also play left wing instead of LaBrocca.

twistedchinaman
07-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Really with the bowel evacuant obsession you folks have when talking about other MLS clubs, I figured you'd be using the other PU logo.

Should be another road win... so long as the good players show up.

I was tempted...VERY tempted. :D

twistedchinaman
07-11-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm going to say a 4-0 dismantling of Philly in their house.

Time to win and win BIG on the road...not because it's Philly, it's just that we need/want it.

Yagbod
07-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Sorry for being off topic a bit,but...

I just realized that Philly gets to play Celtic and Man U. I mostly agree with the anti-'meaningless friendly' point of view, but Bolton...?

twistedchinaman
07-11-2010, 11:17 PM

I just realized that Philly gets to play Celtic and Man U. I mostly agree with the anti-'meaningless friendly' point of view, but Bolton...?

...yes, it doesn't carry the weight but really, meh.

The Oz
07-11-2010, 11:32 PM
-----------------Frei------------------------
---Gargan---Nana---Cann---Garcia/Harden--
----------JDG-------Labrocca--------------
---DeRo-----------------------Barrett-----
-----------------------Maicon------------
----------------Mista---------------------

Something similar? I'm not really good with formations, but those are the players I would like to see there. Mista as the out and out striker, Maicon playing behind him, Barrett on the wing which is the best position for his pace, speed, and good crossing. Also it'll be good to see JDG back and link up with the rest and LaBrocca is far better than Saric in my opinion.

Also as for the left back, Garcia hasn't been terrible in recent games (despite that first play where he let Omar Cummings get by him easy in the Colorado game) so I wouldn't mind seeing him there, or whoever else Preki decides. But I really think thats our only real empty spot that needs to be filled. Gargan is an absolute revelation at right back, and hopefully Mista and Maicon Santos will be exactly what we need up front.

Hopefully we can light it up and finally cement ourselves as real contenders for the cup this year (aren't the finals in Toronto this year?)

Dub Narcotic
07-12-2010, 01:50 PM
PU is going to be motivated coming off a game where they totally dominated SJ but still lost. Fred is playing well right now, so is Le Toux, and you have to watch Mwanga. On the flip side, they can be scored on.

rocker
07-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Seitz looks weak. Dude never played much in Salt Lake and it's showing. he's still working off the rust.

The Stink don't look that bad, though. They play a pretty nice style and have been fucked by having so many road games to start the season. They are young in many positions, so mistakes will be made.

Hopefully we can beat The Stink next week for our second road win.

J .
07-12-2010, 02:12 PM
TFC- 2 - DeRo, Mista
PU - 0

PU isnt that good, their D is porous and I think our midfield is better than what they have. We control the ball, lets them chase and score two in the second half.

ULTRAS_114
07-12-2010, 02:25 PM
I am going to the game in Philly and was wondering if anybody was making the trip? :flare::scarf::flare::scarf::flare:

Azerban
07-12-2010, 02:27 PM

bolton is as good as celtic

Bars92
07-12-2010, 04:44 PM
bolton is as good as celtic

u speak the truth man!

DoubleUp
07-12-2010, 06:53 PM
-----------------Frei------------------------
---Gargan---Nana---Cann---Garcia/Harden--
----------JDG-------Labrocca--------------
---Barrett----------------------DeRo-----
-----------------------Maicon------------
-------------- Mista---------------------

Something similar? I'm not really good with formations, but those are the players I would like to see there. Mista as the out and out striker, Maicon playing behind him, Barrett on the wing which is the best position for his pace, speed, and good crossing. Also it'll be good to see JDG back and link up with the rest and LaBrocca is far better than Saric in my opinion.

Also as for the left back, Garcia hasn't been terrible in recent games (despite that first play where he let Omar Cummings get by him easy in the Colorado game) so I wouldn't mind seeing him there, or whoever else Preki decides. But I really think thats our only real empty spot that needs to be filled. Gargan is an absolute revelation at right back, and hopefully Mista and Maicon Santos will be exactly what we need up front.

Hopefully we can light it up and finally cement ourselves as real contenders for the cup this year (aren't the finals in Toronto this year?)

Looks alright, but I would prefer Dero on the left wing so he can cut in on his strong foot.

bigtfcfan
07-12-2010, 08:48 PM
I don't think preki will start jdg and mista. What message would that send to the players that came in and "did well" against Colorado?

twistedchinaman
07-12-2010, 08:58 PM
PU is going to be motivated coming off a game where they totally dominated SJ but still lost. Fred is playing well right now, so is Le Toux, and you have to watch Mwanga. On the flip side, they can be scored on.

Shut all these three down (and get Califf ejected on another idiotic red), and you've got Seitz for target practice.

Baggio2TFC
07-12-2010, 09:05 PM
what about Hscanovic???I like him playing LB running the wings....I start him for sure.

Red CB Toronto
07-13-2010, 12:48 AM
I don't think preki will start jdg and mista. What message would that send to the players that came in and "did well" against Colorado?

How can you not start your two DPs, if Preki did not it simply would be crazy. I am looking forward to seeing Mista out on the pitch.

Broadview
07-13-2010, 02:14 AM

The message will be "I'm not John Carver".

And they'll all think:

"Who's John Carver?"

Oldtimer
07-13-2010, 04:55 AM
How can you not start your two DPs, if Preki did not it simply would be crazy. I am looking forward to seeing Mista out on the pitch.

I actually expect Mista on as a sub for his first game. That's what Preki typically does with an new player/a player who's been gone a while.

Anyway, given our depth needs, almost everyone will get a chance to play at some point.

Joe Kool
07-13-2010, 08:43 AM

And they'll all think:

"Who's John Carver?"

That's exactly what I was thinking. Those were the John Carver days. He tried to live by that and it failed him. We are playing Prekiball now. JDG will definitely be there at the start. Mista may come in a the half as Preki has done before unless his fitness is up to snuff then he may start. I think Saric will be out again with JDG coming back to get Peterson on the wing opposite Labrocca unless Peterson is hurt.

Lucky Strike
07-13-2010, 09:33 AM
============ Frei =============
Gargan = Cann = Attakora = Hscanovics
========== DeGuzman ==========
Barrett ================ LaBrocca
========== DeRosario ===========
======= Mista ===== Maicon ======

How about a diamond 4-4-2 with Maicon a little further up the pitch than Mista? Mista has historically been better as second striker and Maicon with his large presence can draw players to him and open space for Mista. In terms of substitutions, Peterson would often be my first sub off the bench where he can come in at RM. Barrett can be moved up to striker to then take a striker off if not performing or to the left wing and take LaBrocca off. Sanyang can be used defensively when protecting a result. Ibrahim and White would be bench strikers or Ibrahim can come on for LaBrocca on the left (and he's shown a fairly good ability to deliver from dead balls) and we've got loads of defenders. Pretty much everything is covered and it's a flexible situation.

Carts
07-13-2010, 09:42 AM
============ Frei =============
Gargan = Cann = Attakora = Hscanovics
========== DeGuzman ==========
Barrett ================ LaBrocca
========== DeRosario ===========
======= Mista ===== Maicon ======

With our current roster, I definitely think a 4-1-2-1-2 or "diamond" is the way to go...

Will Preki do it, I doubt it...

I think the diamond keeps the right guys involved in the right aspect of the game...

JDG is at home as a defensive mid...

Our back 4, with JDG just ahead provides proper defence...

DeRo is involved in the attack playing behind the two strikers... But remains in the middle to be involved in the play alot...

Chad's work rate up and down the wing will cover lots of territory - same goes for Labrocca...

Carts...

jloome
07-13-2010, 11:16 AM
With our current roster, I definitely think a 4-1-2-1-2 or "diamond" is the way to go...

Will Preki do it, I doubt it...

I think the diamond keeps the right guys involved in the right aspect of the game...

JDG is at home as a defensive mid...

Our back 4, with JDG just ahead provides proper defence...

DeRo is involved in the attack playing behind the two strikers... But remains in the middle to be involved in the play alot...

Chad's work rate up and down the wing will cover lots of territory - same goes for Labrocca...

Carts...

I'm not sure he has the confidence to play a man up and a man back. He obviously doesn't rate DeRo defensively.

More likely to see Julian and another holder in the middle, DeRo wide where Peterson is on this, if he's not playing up top. I know he's better in the middle offensively, but defensively he has not been strong this year.

jaxul
07-13-2010, 11:35 AM
3 points on the road...no excuses! 2-1 TFC, let's go!

Red CB Toronto
07-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Where is this game being played, is it at Lincoln Financial Field as the front page says or at the Union's new SSS.

pekduck
07-13-2010, 11:56 AM
^
PPL Park.

JonO
07-13-2010, 12:21 PM
^ Is that "people" park?

Red Rat
07-13-2010, 12:22 PM
If we don't pick 3 point on this game I will be utterly disappointed.

rr

Red Rat
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
^ Is that "people" park?

this is where the New World Order begins at..

rr

P-NUTZ
07-13-2010, 05:06 PM
that above CARVER remark is funny.

put the best on the field and dont risk losing 3 pts.

btw, whatever happened to those power rankings MLS and/or ESPN used to put up? they are mildly entertaining, and i would finally like to see our lads right close to the top - even just for the smile of it.

pekduck
07-13-2010, 05:23 PM
^ Is that "people" park?
PPL Corporation believes the future belongs to energy companies that understand customer needs and are focused on deliberate growth that maximizes shareowner value. This approach has led us to the coast of southwestern England and the wide sky of Montana. And, we also are growing in Pennsylvania, where our company began more than 80 years ago.
Headquartered in Allentown, Pa., PPL controls or owns nearly 12,000 megawatts of generating capacity in the United States, sells energy in key U.S. markets, and delivers electricity to about 4 million customers in Pennsylvania and the United Kingdom

it's like OPG on cracks

twistedchinaman
07-13-2010, 10:27 PM
that above CARVER remark is funny.

put the best on the field and dont risk losing 3 pts.

btw, whatever happened to those power rankings MLS and/or ESPN used to put up? they are mildly entertaining, and i would finally like to see our lads right close to the top - even just for the smile of it.

Think they'll probably have them later this month...ESPN was pretty deep into the whole WC thing.

twistedchinaman
07-13-2010, 10:34 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking. Those were the John Carver days. He tried to live by that and it failed him. We are playing Prekiball now. JDG will definitely be there at the start. Mista may come in a the half as Preki has done before unless his fitness is up to snuff then he may start. I think Saric will be out again with JDG coming back to get Peterson on the wing opposite Labrocca unless Peterson is hurt.

I have to disagree -- we need about 45' of Saric in the First Half to show Philly who's boss. After the half he can be subbed, but on an away game, we need to lay down the law. Lately I feel we've not done that very much, and I think some of the success we had earlier pre-WC was because of this desire to take the game to the opposition.

I say bring on Saric for the first half!

DoubleUp
07-13-2010, 11:09 PM
I have to disagree -- we need about 45' of Saric in the First Half to show Philly who's boss. After the half he can be subbed, but on an away game, we need to lay down the law. Lately I feel we've not done that very much, and I think some of the success we had earlier pre-WC was because of this desire to take the game to the opposition.

I say bring on Saric for the first half!

I disagree with you, my friend!

I think we should go with the strongest 11 period.

Wooster_TFC
07-14-2010, 07:11 AM
I think this is what we'll see (with no injuries of course, because that changes everything):

--------------Frei----------------
Gargan---Attakora--Cann---Garcia
Ibrahim---JDG---Labrocca--DeRosario
--------Barrett---Mista------------

Ibrahim gets subbed at half for Peterson if he's doing nothing (I actually think that Preki would start Peterson on the right, but Ibrahim's done enough in my mind to keep his spot.)

Derko
07-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Does anyone know if the game will be re-telecast later on in the evening, I have a commitment in the afternoon.

Cheers

jaxul
07-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Usually GOL TV shows an encore after the CBC game

rocker
07-14-2010, 10:31 AM
i was reading an article saying that Chester (the town where the PU stadium is) was under a curfew after gunfights led to deaths recently.

wow... stay safe travelling supporters!

Dub Narcotic
07-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Chester is a dump, but the waterfront area where the stadium is is isolated from the rest of the town.

P-NUTZ
07-14-2010, 10:39 AM
chester is a great name for a little puppy, also a great name for a place where the local soccer team will lose 2-0 on saturday.

rocker
07-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Chester is a dump, but the waterfront area where the stadium is is isolated from the rest of the town.

well, one of the shootings happened 2km north of the stadium.

so it's not a safe city if you go the wrong way after you leave the stadium ;)

P-NUTZ
07-14-2010, 11:01 AM
i really hope we take this game seriously tho, and treat it like an LA or SJ road game. Its at this mid-point time during the season and within the standings that we have the opportunity to really make a statement, and start making a run for the top.

Assuming we actually have the ability and coaching - which i think we now do.

Technorgasm
07-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Away win.
3 points
Lets hope NYRB lose

ManUtd4ever
07-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Despite Philadelphia's impressive support on their home pitch, I will be disappointed with anything less than 3 points earned from this match. Preki will have a full squad at his disposal and I expect a substantial impact from a well rested JDG and the debut of Mista. While the Reds have enjoyed a modest streak of success, the fact remains that their hold on a playoff spot is tenuous at best. It's time to surge ahead in the standings and distance themselves from the rest of the pack.

C'mon you Reds!!!!

yanggoh
07-14-2010, 11:44 AM
i was reading an article saying that Chester (the town where the PU stadium is) was under a curfew after gunfights led to deaths recently.

wow... stay safe travelling supporters!

also, apparently, beware paintballs: http://www.wdel.com/story.php?id=463542476532

scooter
07-14-2010, 12:35 PM

And they'll all think:

"Who's John Carver?"

right on:picard:

stugautz
07-14-2010, 01:00 PM
also, apparently, beware paintballs: http://www.wdel.com/story.php?id=463542476532

HAHAHAAHA

New Castle County Police believe they know who the shooter is...identifying him as a Chester, Pennsylvania resident by the name of Ramon, also known as Razor. Local police are trying to locate him.

Razor Ramon??

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x310/The_Ultimate_Wrestling_Gallery/Scott%20Hall/RazorRamon016.jpg

P-NUTZ
07-14-2010, 01:54 PM
see, now they are just trying to intimidate us!

twistedchinaman
07-15-2010, 01:18 PM
well, one of the shootings happened 2km north of the stadium.

so it's not a safe city if you go the wrong way after you leave the stadium ;)

Just looking at the map of the area and you can tell it ain't in a good area...

rocker
07-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Just looking at the map of the area and you can tell it ain't in a good area...

take a walk around Chester using Google Streetview.... I think I saw a drug deal going down in one of the images. I don't think I'd want to be the Google Streetview car driver around there...

maninb
07-15-2010, 01:25 PM
I think this is what we'll see (with no injuries of course, because that changes everything):

--------------Frei----------------
Gargan---Attakora--Cann---Garcia
Ibrahim---JDG---Labrocca--DeRosario
--------Barrett---Mista------------

Ibrahim gets subbed at half for Peterson if he's doing nothing (I actually think that Preki would start Peterson on the right, but Ibrahim's done enough in my mind to keep his spot.)

Garcia?????? LOL!!! Harden is a MUCH MUCH better choice....Garcia should never see the field except in emergencies or games that don't matter...

maninb
07-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Chester ranked 501st out of 501 school districts in PA....that's impressively BAD!!! :)

DaBandit
07-15-2010, 01:41 PM
mista, not starting against philly as per preki.. not sure how that makes any sense since we have such a difficult time scoring..

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=2098

Hessanfefer
07-15-2010, 01:43 PM
This team scares the shit out of me on the road.

I'm not taking this one for granted. Going to play it safe and say 1-1 draw but I expect a win.

Does anyone own an octopus we can ask!?:ihih:

pekduck
07-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Does anyone own an octopus we can ask!?:ihih:

let me ask some seafood restaurant in china town,

any octopus that picks PU will be battered and deep fried or lemon juiced and grilled.. until we have a well trained one left :D

twistedchinaman
07-15-2010, 01:48 PM
any octopus that picks PU will be battered and deep fried or lemon juiced and grilled.. until we have a well trained one left :D

Dammit, now you're making me hungry! :lol:

twistedchinaman
07-15-2010, 01:50 PM
take a walk around Chester using Google Streetview.... I think I saw a drug deal going down in one of the images. I don't think I'd want to be the Google Streetview car driver around there...

I'm sure that driver had one foot on the gas pedal waiting to rocket outta there...the location is certainly not conductive of it being a very friendly place to be after the game, which is a crying shame.

Was the place where the old Spectrum used to be -- was it taken? They could have been right on the Broad Street Subway instead of the SEPTA A2...

twistedchinaman
07-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Saric and White out for Saturday...

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/07/saric-white-miss-philly

There goes my idea for Saric being used as enforcer...guess this opens the door for Hscanovics?

DangerRed
07-15-2010, 01:58 PM
mista, not starting against philly as per preki.. not sure how that makes any sense since we have such a difficult time scoring..

How's that a surprise? He's not fully fit and even though he's not starting, Preki's said he's confident he'll see some minutes.

DaBandit
07-15-2010, 02:07 PM
How's that a surprise? He's not fully fit and even though he's not starting, Preki's said he's confident he'll see some minutes.

fair enough, I just dont see how this guy is NOT fully fit, he's been with the team for a month or so, and the spanish league did'nt end too long before that..

I wonder if he's just playing his cards close to his vest and we actually see him start.. At the very least he comes on at haltime..

DangerRed
07-15-2010, 02:10 PM
fair enough, I just dont see how this guy is NOT fully fit, he's been with the team for a month or so, and the spanish league did'nt end too long before that..

I wonder if he's just playing his cards close to his vest and we actually see him start.. At the very least he comes on at haltime..

That's possible too, though Chad says in his interview that Mista doesn't think his finishing is exactly where it needs to be and that he has to build it up.

I think it's reasonable to have high expectations of a DP signing -- and I definitely have them as well -- but I'm willing to accept that he won't play for 80 minutes and score a hat-trick in his first outing.

DaBandit
07-15-2010, 02:13 PM
^^ chad should also have mentioned that about himself.. lol

agree with your point.. but he better get a hat-trick by his 2nd outing or else i'm boycotting something.. dont know what yet, but i will.. lol

Oldtimer
07-15-2010, 02:14 PM

I called it earlier. Preki likes to start new guys as subs.

Shway
07-15-2010, 02:17 PM
honestly Preki really really is uncomfortable doing interviews or he has A.D.D.

dantdot
07-15-2010, 02:34 PM
honestly Preki really really is uncomfortable doing interviews or he has A.D.D.

Looking back at the players stretching is his go to move.

Joe Kool
07-15-2010, 03:22 PM
He probably turns away and mumbles something like "this friggin' guy asked me the same crap every week" and then turns and politely answers the question. I would get uncomfortable too being asked some of the stupid questions he gets asked.

Wooster_TFC
07-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Garcia?????? LOL!!! Harden is a MUCH MUCH better choice....Garcia should never see the field except in emergencies or games that don't matter...

I agree with you, which is why I was saying this is what I think we'll see. My choice lineup wouldn't have Garcia in it either, but Preki seems to rate him, unless we are playing against a speedy right winger.

What I'd personally like to see is this:

---------------Frei----------------
Gargan--Attakora--Cann--Hscanovic
-----Labrocca--Sanyang--JDG-----
---------------DeRosario----------
---------Barrett-----Mista---------

But, Preki likes the 4-4-2 with 2 destroyers.

rocker
07-15-2010, 04:45 PM
He probably turns away and mumbles something like "this friggin' guy asked me the same crap every week" and then turns and politely answers the question. I would get uncomfortable too being asked some of the stupid questions he gets asked.

yeah me too. the guy from GolTV always asks dumb questions peppered with "UHHH" every week... the kind of questions where you want to reply "No shit Sherlock!"

"Preki, uhhh, do you think you can win the game... uhhh... without Julian?"
"Preki, uhhh, say something about how Frei played in... uhhh.. the last game."

Also I think Preki knows other teams are watching this stuff and snooping around for info, so he doesn't want to reveal too much.

Joe Kool
07-15-2010, 08:42 PM
yeah me too. the guy from GolTV always asks dumb questions peppered with "UHHH" every week... the kind of questions where you want to reply "No shit Sherlock!"

"Preki, uhhh, do you think you can win the game... uhhh... without Julian?"
"Preki, uhhh, say something about how Frei played in... uhhh.. the last game."

Also I think Preki knows other teams are watching this stuff and snooping around for info, so he doesn't want to reveal too much.

"How do you feel the game went today?"
3 days later. "Now that you had a few days to think about it...how did the game go on Saturday?"

If you notice, Preki's answer is the same both times every week. One day they will figure that out.

twistedchinaman
07-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Know your enemy:

Le Toux - disrupt the service, stop the Frenchman.
Califf - can we get him to show his ugly side again?
Mwanga - slow him down.
Seitz - make him juggle, again and again.
Arrieta/Moreno - walk all over them, get the openings
Fred - see Mwanga.