PDA

View Full Version : Should we have polls for TFC topics

J .
07-06-2010, 04:41 PM
I recently had a poll closed regarding whether or not people thought it was a good idea to have signed Mista, our new striker.

So, I am curious if we should be allowed polls to discuss TFC topics.

pekduck
07-06-2010, 05:03 PM
IF you want to post a poll about topic A THEN
IF EXIST topic A thread THEN
END

That's my view. Poll or no Poll is irreverent to the number of threads on the same topic.

But, I am not a mod. So.

TFCRegina
07-06-2010, 05:05 PM
J loves his polls like a stripper loves her poles.

Unnecessary poll. You can gauge whether people like Mista or not using the pre-existing thread. It's not like people aren't going to comment on it.

denime
07-06-2010, 05:06 PM
I recently had a poll closed regarding whether or not people thought it was a good idea to have signed Mista, our new striker.

So, I am curious if we should be allowed polls to discuss TFC topics.

Your poll was 3rd thread with same topic,so clearly NO.

Hitcho
07-06-2010, 05:17 PM
I think there are way too many polls. The days of Mighty were brutal, and it seems there is always someone waiting to take his place. I would limit polls to members only, just because they seem to be a bit more circumspect about posting them, and also as an added perk for ponying up the membership fee :D, but even then I'd limit the number of polls a person could start per year. 5 per year per person as a maximum seems plenty to me.

EDIT - I assume the poll on this is a sarcastic joke, can't decide if it's funny or not though! :noidea:

RE-EDIT - thread to be closed in 5,4,3,2...

Phil
07-06-2010, 05:35 PM
How many times can we ask the same question?

There is already a discussion opened about this here:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1084170#post1084170

Stick to that one. If you have an issue PM a mod with the issue and it can be talked about. Thread crapping about having a thread closed and trolling the board about it will be dealt with accordingly.