PDA

View Full Version : Today’s News, Monday , Jun.23

denime
06-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Quelling Revolution first step as TFC seeks to reverse road record

PETER MALLETT

TORONTO — Toronto FC clawed out a 0-0 tie against the Kansas City Wizards on Saturday and remained undefeated at BMO Field this Major League Soccer season, but now the pressure is about to get turned up a notch.
Toronto, 6-4-3, will take to the road this weekend hoping to reverse a miserable 1-4 away record, starting with a game against the Eastern Conference-leading New England Revolution at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough on Saturday.
“It's a massive game for us,” Toronto midfielder Carl Robinson said. “They are at the top of the league right now, so we will need to get our game right. What we really need to do is transfer our success we have had at home this season to when we go on the road”
Toronto sits third in the Eastern Conference with 21 points. New England, 8-4-3, lost 2-1 at Real Salt Lake on Saturday, but maintained a four-point cushion over the Columbus Crew, who have 23.

Read more (http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080622.torfc23/GSStory/GlobeSportsSoccer/home)

TFC holds trump card

By GARETH WHEELER

Who knew ending up in last place could be such a good thing?
With its infamous goalless streak and a year of futility in the rearview mirror, Toronto FC continues to roll forward. And while doing so, it just so happens to have a golden ticket in its back pocket.
With that last- place finish in 2007, TFC is the first holders of allocation rights -- meaning, it has first shot at the rights for American forward Brian McBride.
When McBride decided not to return to Fulham in the Premiership next season, his next destination seemingly his hometown Chicago Fire.

STUMBLING BLOCK

The one stumbling block, however, was allocation rights. TFC has them and wants either McBride or, as general manager Mo Johnston puts it, "something big" in return.
Who knew allocation rights could be such a cool thing?

Read more (http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/06/23/5960201-sun.html)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/SUNshineGirl/home.html)

akoto
06-23-2008, 06:22 AM
thanks denime

ensco
06-23-2008, 06:34 AM
The recipe for that Sun story - take one part 6 day old news, add two parts crazed blog posts, make the rest up.....

scooter
06-23-2008, 07:23 AM
mornin

Oldtimer
06-23-2008, 07:33 AM
DeRo would be nice, of course, but the Sun's article seems to be groundless speculation.

Oldtimer
06-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Dichio said. “On our side, players are fighting for their positions on the team right now – and some are even fighting to keep a spot on the team.”

Cunningham?

woolly
06-23-2008, 08:09 AM
I thought exactly the same thing

Technorgasm
06-23-2008, 08:17 AM
The media seems to think TFC were LUCKY to come away with the point this week.

While I will give it to the attacking mids of the Wizz-lards effort in the frist 30 mins, Our D did not have to absorb too much pressure.

Amado coming in ave the team a noticable lift, but. . did not get the result.

When can we expect another Goal via a Corner kick?
When we are awarded one, I almost never expect a goal.

BRING it to the next level Vs Revs mate. . its a 6 pointer and definitley needed if we are to keep pace in the blistering east.

James17930
06-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah

Strikers
06-23-2008, 06:45 PM
I haven't be posting as much now because of work but, I just wanted to
say THANKS denime for continuing to post the news.