PDA

View Full Version : Post-Game: TFC vs. Houston

TFC USA
07-01-2010, 08:01 PM
1-1, should've lost if not for the bullshit offside against Houston.

Sanyang and JDG unavailable for the Colorado game thanks to their red cards.

Discuss.

Brooker
07-01-2010, 08:02 PM
GARGAN!

Blixa
07-01-2010, 08:04 PM
2 points lost, but could've been worse.

Detroit_TFC
07-01-2010, 08:04 PM
A sad, awful game.

But, good to get the point, we really stole it out of their pocket.

Jair M - shit ref, let's give up on these clowns and just use WPS refs.

ag futbol
07-01-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm glad Sanyang decided to take a vacation at the end.

I don't care if you win 10 balls, when you lose 20 of them it's not worth having you on the field.

WHITEY
07-01-2010, 08:06 PM
I don't get why Sanyang is in such favor with Preki.

twistedchinaman
Word association time!

Gargan: buttsaver
Garcia: douchetard
JDG: why?!
Sanyang: idiot
Marrufo: crapass
3 points: lost
Game: disappointment

Shakes McQueen
I was glad JDG ran in to defend Attakora, and the only reason he thrashed his arms is because someone grabbed him by the neck.

The Sanyang card was just ridiculous. I don't know what he was thinking, trying an overhead kick while surrounded by defenders, and then lashing out when Houston understandably got on his case about it.

Barrett set up some decent stuff today, but his finishing was terrible. Aside from that, I thought we bossed the majority of the game, and I think a draw is a fair result.

Apparently 7 games unbeaten is a club record. Forgive me if I'm not pulling out the party hats. We need to do better than draws every week.

Barrett needs a clinical finisher he can play with up front, and it is Mo's continuing failure that we still don't have one after four years.

- Scott

twistedchinaman
07-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Saric better fucking start next week -- anything, anyone who can get Garcia out of my sight would be greatly appreciated.

Dirk Diggler
07-01-2010, 08:08 PM
What exactly happened with JDG? I saw that he came running in to break up Nana and the Houston player but what did he do to get red carded?

TFC USA
07-01-2010, 08:08 PM
I completely forgot about Saric's existence for the last month.

Garcia is still a walking disaster.

ArmenJBX
07-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Like I said in the game thread, give me 5 minutes and a budget and I will actually buy some decent players.

I have no idea what Preki is telling these guys, but this whole "hardwork and dedication" shit is nonsense. I get that you have to work hard, but we are too aggressive. Why do we commit so many fouls? You don't see Spain or Brazil or Argentina throwing themselves at others. They let their football do the talking. As a TFC fan, it looks awesome and its Kick-Ass and it's awesome if you're drunk, but as a football fan, this is bullshit. 2 red cards for aggressive play? Are you fucking kidding me? What the hell was that??? And the supporters cheer for this? I don't mean to offend any of you, but when it gets violent, I personally can't believe others encourage it. I guess we really do live in a hockey nation.

Piss poor refereeing, as usual. We are the most financially rich continent, yet we can't afford to pay for decent refs. FML.

As for the players, I would axe Nick Garcia, Fuad Ibrahim, and Amadou Sanyang right now, and pick up some decent midfielders. Patrice Bernier, Andrew Ornoch, de Jong, whatever, but there are solid players who we can actually afford when we get rid of these bunch of fools.

Miguel Mista/Martin Palermo better be signed by tomorrow or this gameday is a big fat FAIL.

twistedchinaman
07-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Garcia is still a walking disaster.

He's been a walking plague ever since he started.

Nick Garcia is, and will remain permanently, dead to me. In the same category as all my exes and the jackdouches I've had the displeasure of knowing.

TFC USA
07-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Ibbe was a total disaster in his short time here.

Can't cross for shit despite having acres of space.

twistedchinaman
07-01-2010, 08:13 PM
It's pretty hard to get me that riled up about a person -- but Nick Garcia somehow makes my blood boil every time I see his face or hear his name.

Can someone tell me ONE reason why I should forgive this guy? Ever?

Blixa
07-01-2010, 08:15 PM

Didn't Gargan score after his cross? Give the kid a break.

ag futbol

He's still young, but that tagline is starting to get a little old, he should still be improving while he's here. It almost appears to be going backwards for him, maybe he's just not right in Preki's system. I also think that while Gala has improved, he's playing at max a USL level right now.

Time to bring in some of the academy kids who could probably do the job with some experience.

Not only that but they are physically mature enough to step in at this level. I really don't think there is much left for someone like Matheson or lindsay to add to their game at the CSL level. They are about ready to make a jump.

Detroit_TFC

He literally bounced off that Houston defender.

Get some poutine into that guy. He needs to put on 30 lbs.

justin
yeaaa that was ugly overall. lucky to get the draw, but really we could have won. peterson screwed up in the first half, barrett killed many good chances as per usual...lack of finishing kills us today. but the two red cards are totally unnecessary from both players. guess we see saric back in as DM next game

Canary Canuck
07-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Sucked to lose De Guzman. He was playing well.

Manutd #1
07-01-2010, 08:26 PM
yea ibbys played well for the 10 mins he got both crosses he put in before the goal and the goal were great

TFC07
07-01-2010, 08:29 PM
This team is awful to watch (very boring and not creative). We need a striker badly!

For a professional soccer player, Barrett has a bad first touch.

sulfur
07-01-2010, 08:30 PM
What exactly happened with JDG? I saw that he came running in to break up Nana and the Houston player but what did he do to get red carded?
The Houston guy grabbed him by the throat and he threw 2-3 punches (none connected with anything but air from their lungs).

LesH
07-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Freaking bullshit, TFC-s attacking play is more impotent than Don Quichote 40 years after he retired from fighting the windmills. :facepalm:

Anything else new under the sun?
Not much... everyone knows Garcia is shit and Sanyang has no business being a starter. The problem is that Chad is back to his old horrible touches around the net.

Of course, we should have lost this one, Houston was robbed from a perfect and excellent executed goal.

LesH
07-01-2010, 08:46 PM
In the last 3 home games from 9 possible points we got 3, and all 3 teams we played were ripe to get beaten.
Sorry, but this is an absolute and total fail.

We are now 2 point away to be considered a totally average team (the difference between points won outside and points lost at home = -2).

Brooker
07-01-2010, 08:48 PM

his "shit" crosses resulted in our only goal...

ManUtd4ever
07-01-2010, 08:48 PM
The team showed some heart in clawing back but victories at BMO Field during this extended home stand are crucial, especially against inferior MLS clubs like KC and Houston. These lost points might prove to be deterimental to TFC's playoff hopes down the stretch when the majority of games are on the road...

alex andrew
07-01-2010, 09:12 PM
from zeroes to zeroes minus !

shame in its purest form.

twistedchinaman
07-01-2010, 09:25 PM
The team showed some heart in clawing back but victories at BMO Field during this extended home stand are crucial, especially against inferior MLS clubs like KC and Houston. These lost points might prove to be deterimental to TFC's playoff hopes down the stretch when the majority of games are on the road...

The six points we have dropped (against KC, LA and Houston) could have tied us with the Red Craps and Cowlumpass, and wouldn't have us teetering near the end of the playoffs table.

This shit has to end and the glory must return, or else we will be cleaning up the playoff table after the party ends. Again -- and I for one, won't tolerate that. And I'm sure a scant few of you will either.

This team needs to man up, and get some wins. Now.

Flipityflu
07-01-2010, 09:27 PM
i think labrocca strays to far in from the wing. he puts in good crosses and needs to be utilized more on the outside, especially since his left back is Garcia.

Cann and Atakora are solid.

the fake vuvuzelas are great

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-01-2010, 09:31 PM
^ I agree about Labroca straying from the wing. I think the issue is that he's not a winger. Things looking a little bleak again, hopefully they break out of this funk ASAP.

twistedchinaman
07-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Cann and Attakora are solid.

+1.

They are 24 karat gold solid.

Shakes McQueen
07-01-2010, 09:34 PM
^ I agree about Labroca straying from the wing. I think the issue is that he's not a winger. Things looking a little bleak again, hopefully they break out of this funk ASAP.

I really think this team is one solid striker away from being a contender, and the narrative on how this game went would be drastically different had we bagged one or two of our innumerable chances.

And I suppose it's nice that, even in a "funk", we are still drawing games instead of losing them.

I agree though - the optimism of May is starting to fade, and the lack of depth is clear as day. Mo enjoyed a quit couple of months from supporters, but I think it's time to get on his case again, for doing nothing to solve our scoring or depth problems.

- SCott

sully
07-01-2010, 09:38 PM
I've been patient. But really I don't see his extra value. When DeGuz was sent off I thought he's fairly replaceable for the next game. Attakora would have been a much worse loss.

Petor
07-01-2010, 09:40 PM
He didn't get kicked out of the stadium, all he got was a yellow card!
Shirts off! Gargan!
http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/2010/7/1/gargan_big_78076.jpg

alex andrew
07-01-2010, 09:42 PM
did dero come directly from an eastern european wedding party ?

he was on his fours most of the time.

mmm....he was better on artificial turf.

Blizzard
07-01-2010, 09:48 PM
He's still young, but that tagline is starting to get a little old, he should still be improving while he's here. It almost appears to be going backwards for him, maybe he's just not right in Preki's system. I also think that while Gala has improved, he's playing at max a USL level right now.

Time to bring in some of the academy kids who could probably do the job with some experience.

Not only that but they are physically mature enough to step in at this level. I really don't think there is much left for someone like Matheson or lindsay to add to their game at the CSL level. They are about ready to make a jump.

It's tough for an Ibbe to improve if he's not a starter. With no reserve league for the past two seasons, the bench warmers don't get to play at all apart from a few minutes here and a few minutes there.

Training is fine for what it is but these kids need game experience.

ag futbol
07-01-2010, 09:49 PM
I agree though - the optimism of May is starting to fade, and the lack of depth is clear as day. Mo enjoyed a quit couple of months from supporters, but I think it's time to get on his case again, for doing nothing to solve our scoring or depth problems.

I think the new CBA has left Mo with less room to roll the dice. Can't cut players within the season anymore so when you sign a lemon it's yours for the year.

What was brought in this year has been very underwhelming.

UltraSuperMegaMo
07-01-2010, 09:51 PM
I really think this team is one solid striker away from being a contender, and the narrative on how this game went would be drastically different had we bagged one or two of our innumerable chances.

And I suppose it's nice that, even in a "funk", we are still drawing games instead of losing them.

- SCott

I think a striker plus another attacking player, either CM or a winger, would put TFC over the top. I'm pretty confident the two players TFC will add at the opening of the window will be at the right positions, their ability to fill the positions will be the making or breaking of the season.

morgank1986
07-01-2010, 09:52 PM
How Sanyang is getting minutes over Saric and until a couple weeks ago Cronin is baffling. His first touch is absolutely dreadful. His passes rarely connect, the odd time they do they are difficult balls which cause his team mates unnecessary difficulty, and his decision making is just awful. The 2nd yellow today was completely unneeded and he lost focus before the corner kick and let Ching slip away from him much too easily.

TFCRegina
07-01-2010, 09:57 PM
+1.

Gold is a pretty soft metal, and usually the more pure the softer the metal...just saying.

sully
07-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Agree that Sanyang is a liability. De Guz is useful but hugely overrated, is it because he's Canadian that his wages versus contribution is tolerated? Our midfield was beaten today.

TFCRegina
How Sanyang is getting minutes over Saric and until a couple weeks ago Cronin is baffling. His first touch is absolutely dreadful. His passes rarely connect, the odd time they do they are difficult balls which cause his team mates unnecessary difficulty, and his decision making is just awful. The 2nd yellow today was completely unneeded and he lost focus before the corner kick and let Ching slip away from him much too easily.

I find it entertaining, a month ago people were complaining about the same things with Saric, and Cronin was criticized for not doing much.

You know it's a typical TFC season when we can find things to bitch about and then think back to the bad old days with fondness.

For the record, I've usually thought Saric has done a good job, not been so high on Sanyang but he's spottily good and bad.

Petor
Just saw Preki's post game comments on TFCTV.
I think MLS will fine him for some of his comments re officials.
Do you think that he will sit in the booth for the next home match? :)
Deja Vu?

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=2053

dag
07-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Very frustrating game to watch. Good to see we'll be missing two unproductive sub-par nobodies in the next game; maybe this will give them an opportunity on how to use their heads from now on, as DeRo himself admonished just before the second yellow was issued.

alex andrew
07-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipityflu http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1079559#post1079559)

+1.

with all due respect, when the opponents score following a corner kick, the central defenders are closer to 10 karat imported gold.

Shakes McQueen
07-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipityflu http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1079559#post1079559)

+1.

with all due respect, when the opponents score following a corner kick, the central defenders are closer to 10 karat imported gold.

And as we all know, good defenders never let in a goal. Ever.

- Scott

Blizzard
07-01-2010, 10:08 PM
I've been patient. But really I don't see his extra value. When DeGuz was sent off I thought he's fairly replaceable for the next game. Attakora would have been a much worse loss.

JDG was the best player on the field for
either team tonight.

So you think you've been patient?
Well I think you should be a patient. :facepalm:

Shakes McQueen
07-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Have to agree - JDG looked good tonight. It's a shame we are going to be without him against Colorado.

- Scott

Blizzard
07-01-2010, 10:11 PM

Saric has a slight knock picked up in the last match which was why he was pulled instead of Sanyang. I was surprised he wasn't brought in after the JDG ejection. Hopefully he is 100% fit for Colorado on the tenth.

I've just seen the Colorado goal and ya, you're correct. Ching was Amadou's man on that play. I don't think he was entirely negligent though. He was out-smarted and out-played though.

BTW, I'm seeing Garcia being crucified in this thread tonight and I really don't think he deserved it. Apart from having to resort to some heavy duty obstruction on the play in which he was yelllow'd, I thought he was more than adequate. He certainly did nothing wrong on the goal against and apart from that goal, the back four was quite solid. I thought his distribution was pretty decent too including a couple of quite dangerous balls into the box on the overlap.

TFC USA
07-01-2010, 10:12 PM
And of course, that goal was Sanyang's problem anyway.

I love Nanacann.

SteeltownBhoy
07-01-2010, 10:13 PM

Plus Sanyang takes up an international spot. Why Matheson or Lindsey have not been called up is beyond me.

2 Domestic players that I believe could be more useful then Sanyang or Ibby for that matter.

if I'm not mistaken, with the rule change, 1 Academy signing doesn't count against the cap or roster spot as they become Gen Adidas, but I could be wrong on that one.

rocker
07-01-2010, 10:13 PM

Sanyang was the prob on that goal not Cann or Nana.

alex andrew
07-01-2010, 10:15 PM
And as we all know, good defenders never let in a goal. Ever.

- Scott

very, veryveryvery rare, and then the opponents' names are paolo rossi, kempes, hugo sanchez.

alex andrew
07-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Sanyang was the prob on that goal not Cann or Nana.

exactly my point !!!! exactly !

what was sanyang doing there ?

i mean, why did nana and cann allow him to be there ?

it's their kingdom, it's their property, it's their duty, it's their responsability.

do they need help ? mmmm....why ? can't they dominate the box at home in front of twenty one thousand friendly fans ?

Auzzy
07-01-2010, 10:28 PM

it's their kingdom, it's their property, it's their duty, it's their responsability.

do they need help ? mmmm....why ? can't they dominate the box at home in front of twenty one thousand friendly fans ?

Huh WTF? That goal was off a corner kick. Are Cann & Nana supposed to cover all 9 Houston players in the box off the corner kick? Sanyang screwed up his marking assignment, didn't jump & contest for the corner kick, end of story.

Carts
07-01-2010, 10:29 PM
I just re-watched the game on PVR...

As for the "red car scuffle". There was really no reason for JDG to jump in - BUT, I'm not upset he did... JDG showed he cares... Was it foolish? Yes, but at least JDG showed he cares about a teammate...

I have questioned if he cared a few games this season...

MORE THAN THAT - Nana showed again he is INTERNATIONAL player quality... From his play to his composure... He is getting better and better...

And as for the goal...........GARGAN....love the kid... He always aknowledges us in 109, and tonight he scored... WELL DONE GARGAN... or as I usually yell out "that'a'boy Dan'O..."

Carts...

spark
07-01-2010, 10:29 PM

Right, it's their responsibility to mark 7 men in the box. Nobody else allowed in the box on corners. Just Cann and Attakora.

Shakes McQueen
07-01-2010, 10:35 PM
As for the "red car scuffle". There was really no reason for JDG to jump in - BUT, I'm not upset he did... JDG showed he cares... Was it foolish? Yes, but at least JDG showed he cares about a teammate...

This is also why I'm fine he jumped in. He was defending a teammate. And to be honest, he shouldn't have gotten a red card. The only reason he lashed out, is because someone put their hand around his neck. I'd be angry too.

But red card or not, it was the right thing to do, and I'm glad he showed some passion for his teammates.

- Scott

Blizzard
07-01-2010, 10:35 PM
And of course, that goal was Sanyang's problem anyway.

I love Nanacann.

I couldn't help but notice that we had nobody on the far post for that corner.

Just sayin'.

Carts
07-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Right, it's their responsibility to mark 7 men in the box. Nobody else allowed in the box on corners. Just Cann and Attakora.

Both guys can mark 4-guys alone... didn't ya know...???

Exactly.... SANYANG f'ed up when he fell...

shit happens...

Carts...

Carts
07-01-2010, 10:40 PM
This is also why I'm fine he jumped in. He was defending a teammate. And to be honest, he shouldn't have gotten a red card. The only reason he lashed out, is because someone put their hand around his neck. I'd be angry too.

But red card or not, it was the right thing to do, and I'm glad he showed some passion for his teammates.

- Scott

Watching it over - he does deserve a red as he put his hand (thats being nice) into an opponents face...

But I, like you, am glad he showed he cares for his teammates, this club, and (for lack of a better term) "gives a shit"...

Carts...

Blizzard
07-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Huh WTF? That goal was off a corner kick. Are Cann & Nana supposed to cover all 9 Houston players in the box off the corner kick? Sanyang screwed up his marking assignment, didn't jump & contest for the corner kick, end of story.

I thought Alex was being sarcastic. I guess my meter needs recalibrating.

Pachuco
07-01-2010, 10:56 PM
This game is very telling. The difference between a leader on the field and an overpaid player making dumbass decisions to hurt the team.

I think most of you can figure out what I'm talking about!

Pachuco
07-01-2010, 10:58 PM

- Scott

That's absolute crap. There's the right way to do it (the Dero way) and then there's the stupid way to do it (The Deguz way).

Carts
07-01-2010, 11:05 PM
That's absolute crap. There's the right way to do it (the Dero way) and then there's the stupid way to do it (The Deguz way).

I have never been a fan of JDG, and I have made that very well known that I thought it was a poor signing - BUT, tonight he showed he gives a shit about his teammates...

Was it smart? No...

Was I happy to see it happen? Yes...

Why? Because it shows he cares...

Before, I thought he didn't care...

NOW, its up to him to show the DeRo composure and effort...

We all know DeRo cares - we all know DeRo would give everything for this club, city, supporters - if JDG shows that, and after tonight I think he's closer to doing so, then we'll have a much better club...

Carts...

Pachuco
07-01-2010, 11:12 PM
I have never been a fan of JDG, and I have made that very well known that I thought it was a poor signing - BUT, tonight he showed he gives a shit about his teammates...

Was it smart? No...

Was I happy to see it happen? Yes...

Why? Because it shows he cares...

Before, I thought he didn't care...

NOW, its up to him to show the DeRo composure and effort...

We all know DeRo cares - we all know DeRo would give everything for this club, city, supporters - if JDG shows that, and after tonight I think he's closer to doing so, then we'll have a much better club...

Carts...

Is that what we've resorted to though? Deguzman jumps into a fight he has absolutely no business being in, jumps in as a braller, not a medeator, and we are just happy to see him show some passion? What Deguz did today doesn't even fly in hockey. It was an incredibly bonehead move. Your DP should not be sitting on the bench next game because of his hot temper. If he actually gave a fuck, he wouldn't be getting himself kicked off the field. I just don't see how anyone can defend what he did. I would doubt that Preki would ever defend what he did as well.

Anyways, everyone is entitled to their opinion, personally, I'm as pissed off as it gets when it comes to both JDG and Sanyang. If I'm Preki, I bench them for more then just next game.

Yohan
07-01-2010, 11:12 PM
at least two positives.

Gargan is slowly turning into another bargain signing goodness. And managed to get a goal to draw late in the game.

ExiledRed
07-01-2010, 11:16 PM
at least two positives.

Gargan is slowly turning into another bargain signing goodness. And managed to get a goal to draw late in the game.

Gargan is definitely becoming one of my all time favourite TFC players. He works hard, plays hard, his throw ins are as good as Serioux's and he scored a great and needed goal.

Carts
07-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Is that what we've resorted to though? Deguzman jumps into a fight he has absolutely no business being in, jumps in as a braller, not a medeator, and we are just happy to see him show some passion? What Deguz did today doesn't even fly in hockey. It was an incredibly bonehead move. Your DP should not be sitting on the bench next game because of his hot temper. If he actually gave a fuck, he wouldn't be getting himself kicked off the field. I just don't see how anyone can defend what he did. I would doubt that Preki would ever defend what he did as well.

Anyways, everyone is entitled to their opinion, personally, I'm as pissed off as it gets when it comes to both JDG and Sanyang. If I'm Preki, I bench them for more then just next game.

You're probably bang on when it comes to Preki's thinking... He's a hardcore coach (which I like) and we all saw him (on the broadcast) give it to Sanyang when he was sent off late....

Pach - I don't disagree with you that a leader, a DP, and big name player must be diciplned, must be "above the bullshit"... I say I'm glad to see it b/c when JDG was signed I thought he 'didn't care' and at least his emotion (even though it wasn't directed in the right way) shows he does care...

Now, as for the "hockey analogy" I gotta call a penalty... From a guy who played 5-seasons in junior puck, and coached for another 12-years in jr, anytime a big name, star player jumps in for a young kid is not only a good thing - WE LOVE IT..!!! Go get'em kid!!!

Carts...

Yagbod
07-01-2010, 11:20 PM
De Guz better shine after he returns. I am prepared to say that he seriously sucks as a DP. He is a great defending MLS midfielder, but not for a million plus.

I am glad that he 'stepped up' as Canadians like their sports 'heros' to do. But, his absence will hurt the team next week.

Seriously, he is a wicked MLS midfielder, but not DP worthy. I am glad to have him, but not at that cost. There are a dozen or more MLS midfielders that do as well or better than him who make non-DP money.

I am sick of home draws, but mostly I am sick of watching a million dollars play like a non-DP player. He better come back hungry.

And the 'vevezu-whatever the fuck' needs to die. It does suck. I was looking from 110 at the south end when it happened and hated it. Sing a song, be human!

I have a feeling that my comments will not be welcome, whatever... this is how I feel.

BFin
07-01-2010, 11:24 PM
We didn't look good.

They didn't look good.

Vagabond looks good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OV0-g3hPSU

Carts
07-01-2010, 11:26 PM
De Guz better shine after he returns. I am prepared to say that he seriously sucks as a DP. He is a great defending MLS midfielder, but not for a million plus.

I am glad that he 'stepped up' as Canadians like their sports 'heros' to do. But, his absence will hurt the team next week.

Seriously, he is a wicked MLS midfielder, but not DP worthy. I am glad to have him, but not at that cost. There are a dozen or more MLS midfielders that do as well or better than him who make non-DP money.

I can't say I disagree with anything posted above...

Carts...

Toronto_Bhoy
07-01-2010, 11:28 PM

Totally agree. He's decent but nowhere near the value and worthy of a DP spot.

IMO, your DP should be your best player...game in game out...period.

Who here would vote for JDG as team MVP ahead of Dero and Frie?

Carts
07-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Who here would vote for JDG as team MVP ahead of Dero and Frie?

I'd vote Nana ahead as well...

Carts...

Toronto_Bhoy
07-01-2010, 11:38 PM
I'd vote Nana ahead as well...

Carts...

He has been a diamond in the rough, hasn't he!

TFC07
07-01-2010, 11:52 PM
He has been a diamond in the rough, hasn't he!

Too bad he will be gone after this season (I believe his contract is up).

106-12
07-02-2010, 12:03 AM
this is the forth game sanyang playes like shit . and why would saric and gala sit out and let peterson and sanyang start .I DONT KNOW ???

Shakes McQueen
07-02-2010, 12:04 AM
this is the forth game sanyang playes like shit . and why would saric and gala sit out and let peterson and sanyang start .I DONT KNOW ???

I'd take Peterson over Gala.

- Scott

andyc
07-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Sanyang definitely screwed up on the Houston goal, but why was he marking Ching??? As for the red card I still want to see it again...

JDG made some great passes tonight and really looked like a DP. I'm glad that he defended Atakora but he should be experienced enough to do it in a smarter way...

So now we're down 2 DMs for the next game - wouldn't it be nice to have the option of playing Cronin??? Hell we're still playing most of Robbo's salary, can't we call him up??

Our squad is still too thin - don't tell me, we're a striker, 2 wingers, and a defender away from being competitive.... Same old story.

Please let's hope that Nana and Cann don't get hurt or suspended or we're in real crap.

Anyways I still know that Mo has to go and Preki needs to be flexible enough to allow a bit of creativity into his work hard world...

Azerban
07-02-2010, 12:24 AM
\
And the 'vevezu-whatever the fuck' needs to die. It does suck. I was looking from 110 at the south end when it happened and hated it. Sing a song, be human!

a bloo bloo bloo

James Oliphant
07-02-2010, 12:36 AM

Good thing he's not making "a million plus" then.

reggie
07-02-2010, 12:39 AM
peterson was brutal...mista was sitting 3 rows below me in secton 125,maybe he can help??

James Oliphant
07-02-2010, 12:42 AM
Video of the not-a-brawl...

bCbnkhLD7n8

Keystone FC
07-02-2010, 01:13 AM
I'm surprised no one has brought this up but the long ball approach is not working. Since we don't have anyone in the mid who can kick accurately enough and none of our forwards are that fast to begin with, why are we still trying to hoof it down field when the better approach (or at least the one that seems to be working) is to get the ball as close to the 18 as possiblre and then try to force it in with a lob or a strike on goal. At least this way the ball may get deflected by the goalie and go out of bounds for a corner, or there is a deflection and it goes into the goal, or there is a penalty or some sort.

T.O TILL I DIE
07-02-2010, 01:15 AM
barret is shit!!!!!!!
the guy can never finish!...the amount of chances he gets our unbelievable but yet he cant finish sell him add get someone better

James Oliphant
07-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Gargan's goal....sort of....

hGtAmtpfRlg

Auzzy
07-02-2010, 01:33 AM
Good thing he's not making "a million plus" then.

I think JDG is making about $1.7 million, right?

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/june_14_2010_salary_information__by_club.pdf

Last page of the PDF file.

MUFC_Niagara
07-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Thank god I gave my tickets away and continued to party here in Niagara today!!! July 16th is only 15 days away!!!! Can't wait!!!

James Oliphant
07-02-2010, 01:39 AM
I think JDG is making about $1.7 million, right?

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/june_14_2010_salary_information__by_club.pdf

Last page of the PDF file.

My bad...I was thinking of last year's number, which of course was halved because he joined us in the summer.

Auzzy
07-02-2010, 01:42 AM
My bad...I was thinking of last year's number, which of course was halved because he joined us in the summer.

Cheers! ;)

Those were some pretty pricey punches, eh?

James Oliphant
07-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Indeed.

Last, but not least, Happy Canada Day!

p_d5wtXDxbs

wzhxvy
07-02-2010, 07:56 AM
I am less concerned about JDG's salary...the money is not coming out of my pocket...his hit to the salary cap is 400K...is he worth 400K...yes...do I give a rats ass that MLSE is paying him more...nope. Not to mention that they have 2 more DP slots that they have yet to utilize.

Btw...that was a horrible game yesterday...I didnt think we were every close to scoring really in the first half.

CoachGT
07-02-2010, 08:23 AM
I didn't think either team was interested in playing attacking football until the waved off goal in the second half. I didn't think there was much in the way of a run of play, either. Toronto seemed to come alive after the Houston goal. Maybe because they went to a three forward set up. Barrett was okay, but twice had opportunities, one in the first half and one in the second, where he was one on one with the keeper and never got a shot off. You just don't have time for the perfect shot!

JDG seemed to have another off day, and I don't know if it was just me, or the pitch, or what, but didn't it seem like DeRo spent a lot of time on the ground yesterday?

Props to Gargan for the goal, and for the celebration that followed. Forget the yellow that followed. MLS needs to understand that it needs personalities!

A draw was probably a fair result for that. It looked like both teams were playing for it.

Nuvinho
07-02-2010, 08:23 AM
DeGuz is still one yellow away from missing another game....is that correct?
So there is a good chance he'll miss another game in the season.

CoachGT
07-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Saric should be in trouble for coming on to the pitch while he was a sub. While the ref didn't call it, it wouldn't surprise me that he receives a little "supplementary discipline" from the league.

deltox
07-02-2010, 08:28 AM
during the melee, Saric came running onto the field to join in. i wouldnt be surprised if he gets a fine from the league. subs should not be coming onto the field.

deltox
07-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Dan Gargan....Mighty Pirate!

KRO
07-02-2010, 08:38 AM
It's pretty hard to get me that riled up about a person -- but Nick Garcia somehow makes my blood boil every time I see his face or hear his name.

Can someone tell me ONE reason why I should forgive this guy? Ever?
You need to see a shrink my friend, you've got a problem.

Ossington Mental Youth
07-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Plus Sanyang takes up an international spot. Why Matheson or Lindsey have not been called up is beyond me.

2 Domestic players that I believe could be more useful then Sanyang or Ibby for that matter.

if I'm not mistaken, with the rule change, 1 Academy signing doesn't count against the cap or roster spot as they become Gen Adidas, but I could be wrong on that one.

im starting to wonder if they are going to hold off until vancouver has done the draft so that we keep them for ourselves and they dont steal our young canadian talent

Fushida
07-02-2010, 10:12 AM
im starting to wonder if they are going to hold off until vancouver has done the draft so that we keep them for ourselves and they dont steal our young canadian talent

Haven't thought about it that way but it makes a lot of sense if this was the situation.

CoachGT
07-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Do you really think that we've got young Canadian talent that is likely to be in a starting position on any team in the league within 3 years? Matheson or Lindsey haven't been called up because they will play where they are, but they aren't likely to displace anyone off our current roster. Are they good players? Yes. Are they good enough to play in MLS today? Not yet. Will they be starters in MLS within 3 years? Odds are pretty heavily against it.

SilverSamurai
07-02-2010, 10:38 AM
I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I'm going to say it anyways.

The obvious problem is that TFC has no real finisher. Barrett misses a LOT and OBW, is well OBW.
Last year I was wondering what the big deal about OBW was and gave him the benefit of the doubt because of his injury. This year he's been horrible. Not only does he not really do much, but he's also horribly slow and unlike Barrett, OBW seems to not really put forth much effort. I'd MUCH rather have Ali G than OBW. Bull in the china shop did more in his limited time here. But alas...
If TFC is only keeping OBW around because their is A) no 1 else and/or B)takes up domestic spot, Mo better get someone in here FAST.

As for JDG, he seems to be coming out so to speak. He was never going to be a goal scorer. Seemed to me from watching the game the originally went over to break up the fight but sorta missed the guy. Other dude gets pissed and then well you have the rest...

Carts
07-02-2010, 10:43 AM
I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I'm going to say it anyways.

The obvious problem is that TFC has no real finisher. Barrett misses a LOT and OBW, is well OBW.
Last year I was wondering what the big deal about OBW was and gave him the benefit of the doubt because of his injury. This year he's been horrible. Not only does he not really do much, but he's also horribly slow and unlike Barrett, seems to not really put forth much effort. I'd MUCH rather have Ali G than OBW. Bull in the china shop did more in his limited time here. But alas...
If TFC is only keeping OBW around because their is A) no 1 else and/or B)takes up domestic spot, Mo better get someone in here FAST.

As for JDG, he seems to be coming out so to speak. He was never going to be a goal scorer. Seemed to me from watching the game the originally went over to break up the fight but sorta missed the guy. Other dude gets pissed and then well you have the rest...

You lost me there (bolded txt)...

Does Barrett have trouble finishing -yes...

Does Barret 'not put in effort' - oh hells no...

I think the only thing that has saved his roster spot is his work ethic. Preki loves guys who go hard and give 110% at every chance, and Barrett does that 100% of the time...

Saying he doesn't finish his chances - Fact...

Saying he doesn't put in the effort - Is just plain stupid!

Carts...

SilverSamurai
07-02-2010, 10:45 AM
You lost me there (bolded txt)...

Does Barrett have trouble finishing -yes...

Does Barret 'not put in effort' - oh hells no...

I think the only thing that has saved his roster spot is his work ethic. Preki loves guys who go hard and give 110% at every chance, and Barrett does that 100% of the time...

Saying he doesn't finish his chances - Fact...

Saying he doesn't put in the effort - Is just plain stupid!

Carts...
I need coffee. lol
I meant to say. Barrett hustles and at least tries. He has really good work ethic.

OBW, jogs like he's out for a stroll 90% of the time...

Darlofletch
07-02-2010, 10:52 AM
In the last 3 home games from 9 possible points we got 3, and all 3 teams we played were ripe to get beaten.
Sorry, but this is an absolute and total fail.

We are now 2 point away to be considered a totally average team (the difference between points won outside and points lost at home = -2).

You keep using this equation, and it's an interesting one, but let's be fair here, it's not about being totally average.

what you call average, would see us end up with 45 points, which is well above average in this league. It's a good total to aim for, would pretty much guarantee playoffs and is something we can hopefully get, but it's a bit unfair to hold that up as "average".

the game started inauspiciously when the poutine wagon didn't show up until about 5 minuites before kickoff for some reason. I figured I'd go back to the chip butty, but that was crap beccause they buttered the outside of the bread as well, which is just ridiculous. That was the first I've had this year, is that how they're doing them now? or was it just a mistake by whichever tool was making it?

anyway, not the greatest game, especially in the first half. once again we improved when we had two +De Ro up front. Hopefully when Mista can play, we'll consistently go with him and Barrett. Sanyang's touch and passing actually seems to be getting worse. Great corner from Ibbe, and very happy for gargan to get the goal, good for him.

Still haven't actually watched ay kind of replay of the scuffle, but good to see de guzman getting in there.

all in all, disappointing again though, three straight home games with very few chances created.

dupont
07-02-2010, 11:12 AM
A few thoughts on the game:

1. The ref was fucking terrible! By calling almost no fouls on either team for so long, he let the game get way out of hand.

2. We could have won that game if Barrett buried any one of the chances he missed. This really illustrates how badly we still need another striker

3. When the team decided to play a more attacking and offensive style near the end of the game, we started to really dominate. Maybe Preki should take note of that and start letting TFC play a more offensive style more often instead of just using it as a last resort

jloome
07-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Well the wife and I flew out for our first live game -- thanks Eugene, you rock -- and had a great time, even though we played like crap.

It's funny how amplified things seem in first person.

-- Gargan didn't just score the goal, he was one of the only consistent performers on the pitch, along with Cann and Attakora.

-- Garcia was woefully slow, and that tackle.. how did he not get a red? His feet were four feet apart!

-- DeRo and DeGuzman were both playing well.

Our biggest issue here was an absolute lack of patience in buildup. There seems to be so much desire to channel the ball to Julian or DeRo that we ignored the wings pretty much entirely for the first half and had no possession as a result.

That's probably why Preki brought in OB White in the second half.

-- Barrett's work ethic is great, but his positioning is just absolute shit. Brian Ching was giving a masterclass in forward movement at the other end. Even OB White, though not well aware enough of how the play behind was unfolding, was constantly shifting and drifting, whereas Barrett didn't even close up the space between himself and his strike partner when the ball was in the opposite field.

Maybe he was having an off game, but if people want to know why his shooting efficacy is so low, it's because he never moves off the outside shoulder of his defender, so he never gets an inside angle to shoot.

Our movement was just shit. We were so concerned with shape, and not giving anything up, that there was no supporting movement off the ball by half out attackers.

Great time at the game. Bloody expensive beer though.

ExiledRed
07-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Barrett's problem is consistency. You couldnt trust him to find the net if it was the size of the south end. He hesitates and fluffs it too often. When he scores he's a hero because he works hard for his goals, but when he doesnt score it really is because his reflexes, accuracy and decision making are poor.
I like him, but we need better options at that kind of money.

ExiledRed
07-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Well the wife and I flew out for our first live game -- thanks Eugene, you rock -- and had a great time, even though we played like crap.

It's funny how amplified things seem in first person.

-- Gargan didn't just score the goal, he was one of the only consistent performers on the pitch, along with Cann and Attakora.

-- Garcia was woefully slow, and that tackle.. how did he not get a red? His feet were four feet apart!

-- DeRo and DeGuzman were both playing well.

Our biggest issue here was an absolute lack of patience in buildup. There seems to be so much desire to channel the ball to Julian or DeRo that we ignored the wings pretty much entirely for the first half and had no possession as a result.

That's probably why Preki brought in OB White in the second half.

-- Barrett's work ethic is great, but his positioning is just absolute shit. Brian Ching was giving a masterclass in forward movement at the other end. Even OB White, though not well aware enough of how the play behind was unfolding, was constantly shifting and drifting, whereas Barrett didn't even close up the space between himself and his strike partner when the ball was in the opposite field.

Maybe he was having an off game, but if people want to know why his shooting efficacy is so low, it's because he never moves off the outside shoulder of his defender, so he never gets an inside angle to shoot.

Our movement was just shit. We were so concerned with shape, and not giving anything up, that there was no supporting movement off the ball by half out attackers.

Great time at the game. Bloody expensive beer though.

Really? your first time at BMO?

James Oliphant
07-02-2010, 12:11 PM
^
Jeremy's from...Edmonton? I wanna say Edmonton...

FootieChick
07-02-2010, 12:46 PM
[quote=twistedchinaman;1079515]Word association time!

:facepalm:

As everyone here knows, Sanyang is not only one of my fav players on the team, but he is also a very good friend of mine. I sent him a text last night and asked him wtf happened and why he got the red card.

The Houston guy started getting mouthy with him and as they went for the play he pushed Sanyang, ufortunately, the ref didn't see that, however, he did see Sanyang push him back which resulted in a red card.

I don't know if you guys are watching the same game I am. He's a great player and has proved himself in this season by proving himself very well. He is not only improving, he is helping the team go forward. I can understand exactly why Preki likes him so much. He has extreme future potential and is still young.

Disagree all you want... I watch him play. I've seen his talents and seen him help my dad coach. He knows his game and he's only 18... 19 on August 1st :)

He is just as good if not better then JDG. No question!

Candu_88
07-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Sanyang was partially at fault for Houston's goal but the biggest error by far was Preki. Every organized and smart team has a player on the far post when defending corners. That would have been an easy clearance that gives TFC two more points. WTF was Garcia playing full-back? He doesn't have the speed or the brain to deal with wingers. I will give Preki one good comment. Dwayne(offside)De-Ro was moving laterally upfront and making proper technical diagonal runs while staying onside. Obviously Preki has be coaching De-Ro on how to play as a striker and insisting that he not have his normal 4 offsides per game.

SilverSamurai
07-02-2010, 12:52 PM

As everyone here knows, Sanyang is not only one of my fav players on the team, but he is also a very good friend of mine. I sent him a text last night and asked him wtf happened and why he got the red card.

The Houston guy started getting mouthy with him and as they went for the play he pushed Sanyang, ufortunately, the ref didn't see that, however, he did see Sanyang push him back which resulted in a red card.

I don't know if you guys are watching the same game I am. He's a great player and has proved himself in this season by proving himself very well. He is not only improving, he is helping the team go forward. I can understand exactly why Preki likes him so much. He has extreme future potential and is still young.

Disagree all you want... I watch him play. I've seen his talents and seen him help my dad coach. He knows his game and he's only 18... 19 on August 1st :)

Can I have whatever you're drinking please? :drinking:

I won't blame Sanyang for the result yesterday, even the red card. Sure it wasn't the smartest thing but he's still young. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
But as good as JDG? No way.

Pachuco
07-02-2010, 01:25 PM
You're probably bang on when it comes to Preki's thinking... He's a hardcore coach (which I like) and we all saw him (on the broadcast) give it to Sanyang when he was sent off late....

Pach - I don't disagree with you that a leader, a DP, and big name player must be diciplned, must be "above the bullshit"... I say I'm glad to see it b/c when JDG was signed I thought he 'didn't care' and at least his emotion (even though it wasn't directed in the right way) shows he does care...

Now, as for the "hockey analogy" I gotta call a penalty... From a guy who played 5-seasons in junior puck, and coached for another 12-years in jr, anytime a big name, star player jumps in for a young kid is not only a good thing - WE LOVE IT..!!! Go get'em kid!!!

Carts...

Just to clarify though as far as the hockey analogy is concerned. 1 on 1 fighting is fine, what will never fly in hockey is when a third person jumps into a fight to gang up on the 1 guy. That's what JDG did.

TFC_Central
07-02-2010, 01:41 PM
do we still have people defending Barrett or can we safely say everyone has him on the next ship outta here? He scores 2 , he slumps for 10 games..... He has done this CONSISTENTLY throught his career.

Here's some food for thought. How many games has Chad cost this team? Just to make it interesting, lets see how many games has he cost this team the game. With 2 or more GOOD scoring chances? anyone? Please by all means rush to this sorry excuse for a striker's defense.

wzhxvy
07-02-2010, 07:47 PM

Your judgement is clouded. He is one of the worst passers on TFC...if not the league. He is relatively solid defensively...cost us a goal mind you last night...but is a horrible ball distibutor, has little vision...lets hope he develops but he is a very imperfect player right now...

Flipityflu
07-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Gargan is definitely becoming one of my all time favourite TFC players. He works hard, plays hard, his throw ins are as good as Serioux's and he scored a great and needed goal.

not to mention the pure look of glee he had on his face during the scuffle.

Flipityflu
07-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Indeed.

Last, but not least, Happy Canada Day!

p_d5wtXDxbs

by the way, thats my Canadian flag. looks great

jloome
07-02-2010, 11:32 PM
^
Jeremy's from...Edmonton? I wanna say Edmonton...

Yep.

DoubleUp
07-03-2010, 02:40 PM
I think the skill level in the team is really low....and its really hurting our younger players, they' re getting to use to playing this Hodge-podge style and its causing there basic skills to diminish(passing/decision making). We need to Identify Hard workers, Trim the fat and bring in skilled players. I doubt there's even five players on the squad that are capable of performing 200 keep-ups........We have Grit!, we need smarts and guile now.

dupont
07-03-2010, 08:03 PM
.We have Grit!, we need smarts and guile now.

HELL YEAH! If we had Guile, then nobody could fuck with us!

http://i46.tinypic.com/ei6yz5.jpg

Brooker
07-04-2010, 01:05 AM
lmao

Derko
07-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Like I said in the game thread, give me 5 minutes and a budget and I will actually buy some decent players.

I have no idea what Preki is telling these guys, but this whole "hardwork and dedication" shit is nonsense. I get that you have to work hard, but we are too aggressive. Why do we commit so many fouls? You don't see Spain or Brazil or Argentina throwing themselves at others. They let their football do the talking. As a TFC fan, it looks awesome and its Kick-Ass and it's awesome if you're drunk, but as a football fan, this is bullshit. 2 red cards for aggressive play? Are you fucking kidding me? What the hell was that??? And the supporters cheer for this? I don't mean to offend any of you, but when it gets violent, I personally can't believe others encourage it. I guess we really do live in a hockey nation.

Piss poor refereeing, as usual. We are the most financially rich continent, yet we can't afford to pay for decent refs. FML.

As for the players, I would axe Nick Garcia, Fuad Ibrahim, and Amadou Sanyang right now, and pick up some decent midfielders. Patrice Bernier, Andrew Ornoch, de Jong, whatever, but there are solid players who we can actually afford when we get rid of these bunch of fools.

Miguel Mista/Martin Palermo better be signed by tomorrow or this gameday is a big fat FAIL.

Why do compare TFC or MLS to Spain, Argentina or Brazil, are you on fucking glue!!
Yes I get that the MLS is far too agressive.
You have an idiotic comparison there.

Yagbod
07-05-2010, 12:04 AM
I just wanted to say that I am amazed on almost a daily basis that our Goal Differential is +1.

Plus, good results for us this weekend.

rocker
07-05-2010, 10:16 AM
on that point about Preki and his so-called over-obsession with hard work/playing as a team --- I hear complaints from fans of certain knocked-out World Cup teams that their teams did not have enough hard work and team play. Preki's constant harping on "working for each other" and "working hard" is exactly what many World Cup teams needed.

FootieChick
07-05-2010, 10:34 AM
[quote=FootieChick;1080164]

Your judgement is clouded. He is one of the worst passers on TFC...if not the league. He is relatively solid defensively...cost us a goal mind you last night...but is a horrible ball distibutor, has little vision...lets hope he develops but he is a very imperfect player right now...

________

I never said he was a perfect player. I said he is improving. I would have to completely disagree with the worst passers... he connects 75% if not more of his passes. I watched the Huston game with him last night at his condo. He knows and sees where his improvements need to be, which is why him and Nane get together and watch the games. They are looking for ways to improve their game. He may only be young, but he is an intelect when it comes to knowing the game, understanding his mistakes and consistently practicing to try and improve them. He is still in his development stages, and he will only improve. I can guarantee that http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

BTW, I saw the 2nd yellow, he kick a guy in the face going for the ball, OOPS innocent mistake! I've seen worse! I actually found it quite funny... http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

P-NUTZ
07-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Sanyang: plays defensively in the middle at best and is good to secure a draw or preserve a lead maybe. but JDG is also a defensive styled midfielder. so who the hell other than saric maybe is going to get that midfield developing offensively?

Defence: has been great and deserves credit. but all these bloody ties are going to catch up to us and the midfield really has to help generate offensive activity.

Issue: these ties against LA and HOU should be wins. If we are really going to contend this year we need to win such games when they present themselves - even if it's 1-0. Need more offensive capability.

Ibrahim: needs to go to the gym or something and become more manly. very soft and timid. no tuffness or confidence.

Peterson: working his ass off but blowing his touches and chances with the ball. wasted opportunities again.

Garcia: not disasterous lately, but again wasted opportunities when a better wing/full back could help drive offensive activity.

Final Word: We have done well this year in spite of many obstacles early, but are hitting a plateau now and that will catch up if we dont get more help for these guys. Kinda got our best of this bunch so far, but must take it up a notch.

KRO
07-05-2010, 11:35 AM
I have to agree with FootieChick about Sanyang. I thought he had one of his better games last Thursday, especially after JDG left the field. When you take his age into consideration he has a huge upside and for what we are paying him he is a valuable asset. Obviously he has to get his discipline under control but a game sitting might help that.

maninb
07-05-2010, 12:10 PM
^Sangyang is a below average player with limited skills...If TFC waits for guys like him and OBW to hopefully 'improve', then we can expect a lotr more dropped points and non-playoff years...this team doesn't have the talent to carry sub-par players like Sanyang...especially in the middle of the park...his passing abiltiy is ATROCIOUS!!!

KRO
07-05-2010, 12:56 PM
^Sangyang is a below average player with limited skills...If TFC waits for guys like him and OBW to hopefully 'improve', then we can expect a lotr more dropped points and non-playoff years...this team doesn't have the talent to carry sub-par players like Sanyang...especially in the middle of the park...his passing abiltiy is ATROCIOUS!!!
I guess we'll have to 'beg to differ' on the merits of Sanyang. Preki seems to like him though so I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon. One of us will be proved right eventually.

Roogsy
07-05-2010, 01:22 PM
I like Sanyang the kid.

I think Sanyang the player is USL bench-level quality.

Oldtimer
07-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Gala has been the biggest disappointment so far. He easily gets drawn out of position, opening holes for the opposing side to go through.

pekduck
07-05-2010, 01:27 PM
I like Sanyang the kid.

I think Sanyang the player is USL bench-level quality.

QFT

hell, even i have better first touch than Sanyang, and i'm overweight, slower than Garcia, and can't even make my high school team... when i was fit

brad
07-05-2010, 01:43 PM
QFT

hell, even i have better first touch than Sanyang, and i'm overweight, slower than Garcia, and can't even make my high school team... when i was fit

Sanyang gifts possession to the opposition in our half of the field way too often. He does it when he is not under pressure as well.

mastermixer
07-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Horrible passer, horrible single-man coverage. Should have been shipped to San Jose way before Cronin.

Super
07-05-2010, 01:59 PM
QFT

Maybe what we need is your high school team on the bench. I swear, in this league, sometimes there isn't much difference in quality.

P-NUTZ
07-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Sanyang & JDG have very little chemistry, if any.
Saric & JDG show a little.

Sanyang is a workhorse who hustles and physically unafraid, and may help in a defensive midfield strategy when that is the focus at a particular point of a game.

That might be it though, and thats not enough for an everygame starter unless his centre midfield partner is all out offensive in nature or task.

Oldtimer
07-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Maybe what we need is your high school team on the bench. I swear, in this league, sometimes there isn't much difference in quality.

Most teams have 4-5 top-notch players, 10-12 USL/NASL quality players, and beyond that it's pretty dubious quality. More NCAA than High School level, though (I realize you're using hyperbole to make your point).

SilverSamurai
07-05-2010, 03:37 PM
I'll give Sanyang the benefit of the doubt cause he's essentially still a kid, but OBW, should be shipped out while he still has some trade value.