PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Tuesday, June,29

denime
06-29-2010, 05:21 AM
Mornin'

Toronto FC look rusty in shadow of the G20 (http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Toronto+look+rusty+shadow/3210743/story.html)

Preki Wants More Creativity (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/05/lukewilemanreports)

Senior Academy Wins On The Road (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/06/senior-academy-wins-road)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

lips
06-29-2010, 06:26 AM
Mornin

koryo
06-29-2010, 07:57 AM
Dear Preki:

If you want to see more creativity... THEN PLAY SOME FUCKING WINGERS.

I think Preki has taken us as far as he can.

Wooster_TFC
06-29-2010, 08:06 AM
And what wingers do TFC have that Preki could play eh?

Love those comments :)

scooter
06-29-2010, 08:27 AM
mornin d

lets hope the new signings he is talking about a STRIKER

James17930
06-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Dear Preki:

Peterson looked pretty decent on Saturday.

Roogsy
06-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Dear Preki:

Creativity comes from a specific type of player. A player Preki has traditionally shunned. You can only squeeze so much from a stone. Yes Preki has been able to hammer a work ethic into average players and make them organized. We knew he could do that. The problem is those players will never be able to play with pizzazz and creativity. You can't demand that from someone who doesn't have it. And Preki has shown not to have problems working well with anyone that has above average talent.

James17930
06-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Creativity comes from a specific type of player. A player Preki has traditionally shunned. You can only squeeze so much from a stone. Yes Preki has been able to hammer a work ethic into average players and make them organized. We knew he could do that. The problem is those players will never be able to play with pizzazz and creativity. You can't demand that from someone who doesn't have it. And Preki has shown not to have problems working well with anyone that has above average talent.

I don't think that's entirely true. I think ideally he wants a mix.

Sure, he wants that hard-work, grind-it-out ethic, and he wants certain players to be like that (i.e. Sanyang), but even at Chivas he had guys like Ante Razov, Kjlestian (sp), the Cuban striker (can't remember his name), Nagamura etc.

And now, we've got a workmanlike defence, and Sanyang and Saric, but we've also got Labroca, and Peterson, and De Ro and JDG, and if we add another DP striker, I'm sure he's going to be a 'creative' guy too . . .

So I think we're doing all right. I don't think it's odd for Preki to talk about being more creative. We have the personnel to do it.

Oldtimer
06-29-2010, 10:32 AM
And what wingers do TFC have that Preki could play eh?

Love those comments :)

Nani, maybe? :D

jloome
06-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Even though Gabe Gala made a couple of boneheaded mistakes on Saturday, he has real potential as a creative player. I think it's a mistake playing him wide though.

They should convert him to a hole player or attacking forward. He's very tough to get the ball off, and slotted behind a strong, multi-faceted striker (which is what both Chad and OBW are, when they're playing well) he'd be quite dangerous.

He's not ready to impact now, but this would allow them to move DeRo into a more familiar role (either set back more in a 4-4-1-1, in the mid beside Julian or wide in the attacking 4-3-3,) then have Gabe as his backup.

Roogsy
06-29-2010, 10:43 AM
I don't think that's entirely true. I think ideally he wants a mix.

Sure, he wants that hard-work, grind-it-out ethic, and he wants certain players to be like that (i.e. Sanyang), but even at Chivas he had guys like Ante Razov, Kjlestian (sp), the Cuban striker (can't remember his name), Nagamura etc.

And now, we've got a workmanlike defence, and Sanyang and Saric, but we've also got Labroca, and Peterson, and De Ro and JDG, and if we add another DP striker, I'm sure he's going to be a 'creative' guy too . . .

So I think we're doing all right. I don't think it's odd for Preki to talk about being more creative. We have the personnel to do it.

As far as I remember he wasn't the one that brought most of those players in nor developed them. Which leaves the question for us...how exactly is he going to do that here when he hasn't done it elsewhere?

darb
06-29-2010, 10:43 AM
lets hope the new signings he is talking about a STRIKER

I don't remember a time where there wasn't an impending new signing in the entire history of TFC. I now dismiss any talk of new signings until a press release is issued from the TFC FO.

James17930
06-29-2010, 02:24 PM
As far as I remember he wasn't the one that brought most of those players in nor developed them. Which leaves the question for us...how exactly is he going to do that here when he hasn't done it elsewhere?

Peterson and Labroca were his signings, and obviously if we sign a new forward he would have Preki's stamp of approval.

J .
06-29-2010, 04:57 PM
I love people hating on Preki, he only has instilled a work ethic we have cried on about lacking since the team began to exist. He has done a lot with this squad and they are improving. Peterson is getting back from injury and rounding into form. Gala is improving, but not ready to start. We have room to bring in some more talent too.

We do need more creativity and I think Preki has a good track record of having a solid club, with a little more creativity up top, we are a very hardworking team that will win a lot of 1-0, 2-1 games.

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-29-2010, 08:24 PM
I like what Preki has done for the team in terms of work ethic and in terms of what he has done for the team's defence.

I'd still like the team to bring in a sort of player development guru, someone who could bring young talent and develop them, maybe even with an eye towards selling them on.

[NBF]
06-29-2010, 09:23 PM
I think whoever said creativity will come from having wingers, is absolutelly right, because wingers would be playing wide and close to the sideline and they would help in creating space.

Also we need a true left back, right back and centre back. I think Attakora is the only player worth starting every match. Adrian Cann is slightly behind Attakora, and if we had a left back and right back, I would start Cann.

4-4-2 would have to go if you want creativity, why not a 4-2-3-1, and defend 4-4-1-1.

--------------------------------Frei--------------------------------
New Player--------Attakora--------------Cann-----------New Player
-------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------DeGuzman------------LeBrocca-------------------
J.Peterson-------------------DeRosario------------------New Palyer
--------------------------New Target Man--------------------------

Kaz
06-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Is there a reason why Preki hasn't used a more attacking play with a 4-3-1-2?

___________Frei__________
__RB__Attakora_Cann__LB__
_Sanyang__JDG__Labrocca_
__________Dero__________
______OBW___Barrett_____

You've got a strong defense there, players to feed the ball up, two working strikers and Dero Floating. With that you get plenty of creativity possibilities, and we know it works. Fire game with Dero and the Two Strikers worked well. Dero can move back or forward with ease.

Instead Preki plays with more midfielder and plays Dero as a striker.

Either that.. or bring in a Strong attacking Mid and leave Dero as a striker.

TFCRegina
06-29-2010, 09:45 PM
^ a 4-5-1 (4-4-1-1 if you will) seems to allow us to grind out results better.

TFC07
06-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Will Perki ever play an 4-3-3? :D

James17930
06-30-2010, 01:34 AM
How about an 867-5309

sidvan
06-30-2010, 03:45 AM
How about an 867-5309

NOt sure if they can sign Jenny with the cap space the have