PDA

View Full Version : Pregame - TFC vs. Houston Dynamo, July 1st, 7PM

Oldtimer
06-28-2010, 03:30 PM
The boys need a win at home, let's hope we see them clicking well this game!

If you are attending, don't forget to bring your flag:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=23365

Hooligan69
06-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Here's hoping for three points on Canada Day. We could certainly use them. :)

P-NUTZ
06-28-2010, 04:48 PM
luckily houston is appearing a little vulnerable - scoring many but conceding more. They've appeared toothless against better opponents so hopefully the lads can can come out with the timing, effort and focus they missed against LA.

Preki will likely have them fired up and DERO should be fully motivated. Preki needs to be sure to start his best guys out there, and not bring them in later if the play stagnates.

Darlofletch
06-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Please please please play Barrett AND White up front with De Ro doing his thing as a third forward/attacking midfielder.

We've just looked so unlikely to score recently when it's just 1 + De Ro. Being solid defensively is all well and good,and a welcome change form previous years, but as the squad stands we don't have the talent to break down the opposition with such a defensive formation.

We need to be taking advantage of all these home games.

Hooligan69
06-28-2010, 05:23 PM
My totally inaccurate final score prediction: Toronto 2-1 Houston

bigtfcfan
06-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Preki, please stop playing Dero as a striker. He can't stay on-side and is more useful playing behind the strikers. I agree, we need Barrett and white up front to start the game.

---------------Frei--------------
Gargan-Attakora-Cann-Hscanovics
Peterson-- JDG- Saric----- Dero
-------White----Barrett---------

KiwiRedsFan
06-28-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm happy, I get to watch this game on television cause ESPN are showing it here. Awesome! Go TFC!

maninb
06-29-2010, 09:52 AM
White has been horrible this year...he's had a full year and lot's of playing time and I still see nothing from him...Considering his size I thought he'd have learned how to hold the ball up by now...and his speed is average at best...perhaps that injury was more severe than first thought...

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-29-2010, 11:21 AM
White is just too slow to finish most of the chances presented to him and way too slow to create any chances. Does TFC even have a quick player anymore?

T_Mizz
06-29-2010, 01:02 PM
+1 to anyone who said not to start DeRo up top, the man cannot stay onside, and he's much better at sending balls to the forwards than anyone else seems to be. He just really seems to thrive in the hole.

ensco
06-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Most Toronto-Houston games were snores pre-Preki. This team will bring out the worst in us.

0-0.

ExiledRed
06-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Most Toronto-Houston games were snores pre-Preki. This team will bring out the worst in us.

0-0.

I'm thinking 1-0 and DeRo scores.

I think DeRo's determination to score on his old team will decide the game.

Canada72
06-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Houston's starting 11 tonight vs. Miami in the Open Cup

Hall, Oduro, Weaver, Navas Cobo, Appiah, Serioux, Mulrooney, Landin, Robinson, Cochrane, Waibel

Does this mean we won't see Serioux on Thursday?

Canada72
06-29-2010, 08:26 PM
LOL Was checking on the Houston game tonight vs. Miami and found this:

"Tens of people onhand"

http://tweetphoto.com/29896279

"My estimated attendance: 250 #houstondynamo (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23houstondynamo) "

LOL

Gwando
06-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Last 6 games, Houston are 1-4-1 (4 pts out of possible 18). TFC are 3-0-3 (12 out of 18). On the road, Houston are 1-4-1. If I was a betting man...

James17930
06-30-2010, 01:46 AM
I'm happy, I get to watch this game on television cause ESPN are showing it here. Awesome! Go TFC!

That's great -- I wish I got the Australian ESPN instead of the Singaporean one . . . oh well.

On another note:

How the hell did they manage to schedule a league game on the Thursday of the same week as the U.S. Open cup?

Have you ever heard of a team playing two games in three days? That's utterly ridiculous.

Works out well for us, of course, but still.

Wait -- they played on Saturday too! Insane.

Canada72
06-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Houston does have a wild schedule, in 5 weeks from June 26 to July 31 they play 10 games. Lets hope game 3 on July 1st is a loss for Houston!

Dman81
06-30-2010, 02:09 PM
F L A G S !!!!!

P-NUTZ
06-30-2010, 02:19 PM
hopefully we will be well in the mood for a rousing version of our anthem on canada day - last week was bizarre as they turned down the audio track of oh canada , and we all kinda slowed down and faded as if forgetting the words!

i hate it when they turn it down to reveal a half full half enthusiastic crowd.

LesH
06-30-2010, 02:46 PM

Arrrgh, here in the USA they are shoving it on ESPN2 and I have only ESPN... :facepalm: :(

LesH
06-30-2010, 02:50 PM
White has been horrible this year...he's had a full year and lot's of playing time and I still see nothing from him...Considering his size I thought he'd have learned how to hold the ball up by now...and his speed is average at best...perhaps that injury was more severe than first thought...

Yep, he's been total shit, has not showed anything so far this season.
I have zero trust in him that he will ever be a good player on this squad...

LesH
06-30-2010, 02:52 PM

0-0.

Losing again 2 points after we lost 4 points in our last 2 home games would qualify for a mini disaster in my eyes.

Nuvinho
06-30-2010, 06:03 PM
I have nothing informative to add to this thread, but I have a question.

I know that we get access to Ontario Place with our TFC tix, but will they honour this tomorrow after the game in case people want to go see the fireworks? Imagine all the TFC fans going over to Ontario Place.

Auzzy
06-30-2010, 06:27 PM
hopefully we will be well in the mood for a rousing version of our anthem on canada day - last week was bizarre as they turned down the audio track of oh canada , and we all kinda slowed down and faded as if forgetting the words!

i hate it when they turn it down to reveal a half full half enthusiastic crowd.

Last week was weird. South end was singing the anthem at KD-speed. I actually thought the crowd was fairly enthusiastic, at least it sounded like that in the North End -- it was just all over the place.

Ricky_Portugal
06-30-2010, 08:20 PM
I have nothing informative to add to this thread, but I have a question.

I know that we get access to Ontario Place with our TFC tix, but will they honour this tomorrow after the game in case people want to go see the fireworks? Imagine all the TFC fans going over to Ontario Place.

i would expect so i couldnt see why not
i think all us rbp's should make it out there
a nice game of footy and firwarks after cant get no better

The Professor
07-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Last week was weird. South end was singing the anthem at KD-speed. I actually thought the crowd was fairly enthusiastic, at least it sounded like that in the North End -- it was just all over the place.

That was weird. There was almost no wind, so it seemed like you could hear all four sides -- singing at four different speeds.

And now for a message to the team:

We all suffered through your back-pass-to-Frei clinic last Saturday. It wasn't worth the price of admission.

How about we maybe try some forward tactics today, ok?

pawlukj
07-01-2010, 12:09 PM
dont play derosario as a striker, he goes offside WAY too often, hes better when he's left behind the striking attackers and organizes or runs his way up for a goal,

we really need the 3 points here, i witnessed the last two games at 0-0 ties and they were really boring games, this one is important if we want to stay on track for the playoffs,

Ossington Mental Youth
07-01-2010, 12:24 PM
not sure what people were expecting from white, a player who came from the ncaa INJURED and played few games last year, give him time, i still dont think hes going to be a 15 goal striker but he will be decent enough

pawlukj
07-01-2010, 12:29 PM
obrian white is fat

Stryker
07-01-2010, 01:55 PM
If Serioux plays, I wouldn't be surprised to watch him and Barrett have a war on the pitch. Having said that, I think Chad will finish the game with ethier a goal or a red card.

Flipityflu
07-01-2010, 03:49 PM
is there a march tonight or are you tailgating it?

sampace
07-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Anyone going from Kitchener with a spare ticket?

TFCRegina
07-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Anyone have a Justin.TV stream for this game, I have no Rogers Sportsnet here in Ottawa...my cable package was set by my non-sports loving roommates.

James17930
07-01-2010, 05:59 PM
http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4c2bce09249c4