PDA

View Full Version : Landycakes to Man City?

Canary Canuck
06-27-2010, 06:36 PM
http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/sources-worlds-richest-club-eyeing-donovan--fbintl_ro-donovan062710.html

other sources are saying Everton wants to get him permanently.

Also, Edson Buddle to Fulham for 500,000 pounds is rumoured. http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/world_cup/858881/FULHAM-PLAN-MOVE-FOR-BUDDLE.html

TFC USA
06-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Oooh nice. Fuck a Donovan. He's not near the level to be in a top 5 Premier League team, let alone those cunts.

Canary Canuck
06-27-2010, 07:07 PM
and he might need the money for child support after knocking up a Brit when he was at Everton lol

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1679/us-national-team/2010/06/26/1997468/pregnancy-may-be-problematic-for-usa-star-landon-donovan

CretanBull
06-27-2010, 07:18 PM
He was a good fit with Everton, I can't see him going to Man City after establishing himself with the Toffees.

Buddle to Fulham? Didn't they learn their lesson with Eddie Johnson ?

[NBF]
06-27-2010, 07:40 PM
lol@Donovan being the "white" version of Travis Henry.

Donovan and Buddle both belong in MLS, maybe Donovan can play first team in Championship.

SoccMan
06-28-2010, 11:19 AM
I guess "NBF" the way Donovan played when he was with Everton counts for nothing, he was one of Everton's best players and he proved he could play in the Premiership, I understand you hate Donovan which is fine,however, before you make or post a message stating that Donovan might be able to play in the Championship think it over and take a big breath, the guy just proved this season that he can easily make an impact in the Premiership. After watching Rooney's performance in this World Cup, if I had no clue who Rooney was, I would say that based on his performance, Rooney would have a hard time scoring in the MLS, at least Donovan scored some crucial goals in this World Cup, what did players like Rooney do.

Carts
06-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Oooh nice. Fuck a Donovan. He's not near the level to be in a top 5 Premier League team, let alone those cunts.

He has a better strike rate in the World Cup than Wayne Rooney...

Carts...

jloome
06-28-2010, 11:26 AM
;1073587']lol@Donovan being the "white" version of Travis Henry.

Donovan and Buddle both belong in MLS, maybe Donovan can play first team in Championship.

As a general rule, it's sometimes a good idea to have some idea what you're talking about before venturing an opinion.

Roogsy
06-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Landycakes should learn from his Bundesliga ventures and go where he had success. If I were him...I'd head right back to Everton where I played well and had success instead of gambling with another team and risk the same thing that happened at Bayern.

woolly
06-28-2010, 11:30 AM
As a general rule, it's sometimes a good idea to have some idea what you're talking about before venturing an opinion.

Apparently that has never stopped anybody on the internet before...

ManUtd4ever
06-28-2010, 11:31 AM

LOL, couldn't agree more. I have never been a fan of Landycakes but I can admit that he has the talent to be a starting striker on most EPL club rosters...

Oldtimer
06-28-2010, 11:40 AM
and he might need the money for child support after knocking up a Brit when he was at Everton lol

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1679/us-national-team/2010/06/26/1997468/pregnancy-may-be-problematic-for-usa-star-landon-donovan

... and so many here claimed he is gay based on his poster-images. :lol:

It totally explains his separation from Bianca, however.

Roogsy
06-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Athletes never learn. :rolleyes:

Canary Canuck
06-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Landycakes should learn from his Bundesliga ventures and go where he had success. If I were him...I'd head right back to Everton where I played well and had success instead of gambling with another team and risk the same thing that happened at Bayern.

Couldn't agree more. Everton was a great fit. Man City will be full of egos and prima donnas just like Bayern was. Steer clear and go back to Everton

Detroit_TFC
06-28-2010, 12:21 PM
The downside of England's getting the boot from WC, now we're back to batshit crazy Prem transfer rumors--the usual European summer interval sport.

mastermixer
06-28-2010, 12:36 PM
I don't like the move. I was hoping that some of the higher talent in the league would actually finish there careers in MLS. I know the league is still young and the money is not there but it's frustrating to lose high quality players. Watching the LA-TO game on Saturday is proof that this league is in desperate need of a talent boost.

TFC USA
06-28-2010, 12:39 PM

Carts...

On that note Robert Vittek is world class and better than Wayne Rooney.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-28-2010, 01:08 PM

Carts...

manchester united is much better then england..:drinking:

bgnewf
06-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Where he goes to me matters not.

If he goes matters a great deal.

I hope we never ever see him on this side of the Atlantic in club colours ever again.

backbeat
06-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Where he goes to me matters not.

If he goes matters a great deal.

I hope we never ever see him on this side of the Atlantic in club colours ever again.

why? he's a very good player, don't we want more quality in this league?

Beach_Red
06-28-2010, 01:35 PM
why? he's a very good player, don't we want more quality in this league?

Not on the other teams ;).

bgnewf
06-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Not on the other teams ;).

This.

Plus I am sick of his arrogance. He thinks he's gods gift. Fuck him.

keem-o-sabi
06-28-2010, 01:57 PM
This.

whaaaa? Dude is super nice and sincere. If he was a canuck you'd be on your knees every day for him.

Roogsy
06-28-2010, 02:00 PM
This.

That is a problem with many athletes. Even in the lowly MLS. Believe me...even on TFC, there is an ego problem with players. It's really funny because sometimes I stand there and wonder to myself "Really? You think you're the shit when you make THAT kind of money?" :lol:

Detroit_TFC
06-28-2010, 02:12 PM
This.

This may have been true in the past but I don't think so now. He's got a different mind set. I never thought too much of him but I'm a fan now.

Oldtimer
06-28-2010, 02:39 PM
This may have been true in the past but I don't think so now. He's got a different mind set. I never thought too much of him but I'm a fan now.

Agreed. The counseling following his split with Bianca really changed the man.

TFC USA
06-28-2010, 03:00 PM
I dunno....his voice sounds like a fucking 10 year old girl.

trane
06-28-2010, 03:59 PM
LOL, couldn't agree more. I have never been a fan of Landycakes but I can admit that he has the talent to be a starting striker on most EPL club rosters...

Realy??? To bad that on Everton he did well BECAUSE he did not play striker, but instead was played as a winger. He cannot be a starting striker on any EPL team. He can be a winger on many EPL teams.

VPjr
06-28-2010, 04:38 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, Landy has proven to be a top player and will likely enjoy big time success in the EPL (and big time money to go with it).

I think he is better off with a mid size club (West Ham, Everton, Aston Villa, etc...) than with a club like City.

MartinUtd
06-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Keep in mind its easy to look good when you play with Yakubu.

rocker
06-28-2010, 04:48 PM
how much would landycakes make there? He's making $2.1 million USD in MLS.

brad
06-28-2010, 04:57 PM
how much would landycakes make there? He's making $2.1 million USD in MLS.

I'd guess between £20,000 to £30,000 per week and most teams. At City, could be two or three times that.

ManUtd4ever
06-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Realy??? To bad that on Everton he did well BECAUSE he did not play striker, but instead was played as a winger. He cannot be a starting striker on any EPL team. He can be a winger on many EPL teams.

LOL, alright then, he can be a starting forward on many EPL clubs...

TFC USA
06-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Donovan's most memorable moment in the EPL was his miss against Tottenham.

Lennon
06-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Donovan's most memorable moment in the EPL was his miss against Tottenham.

+1 :D

Redcoe15
06-29-2010, 01:54 AM
Landycakes is going to be Jon Stewart's guest on The Daily Show (http://www.thedailyshow.com/guests) this Wednesday. Fun.

Oldtimer
06-29-2010, 07:47 AM
U.S. soccer player Landon Donovan has become the latest sports star caught up in a paternity scandal after a British woman alleged he fathered her unborn baby.
The goal scorer, who was booted out of the World Cup over the weekend after Ghana beat the U.S., hasn't denied rumours he's the father.
"I was informed of the possibility during the World Cup, and, if I need to take responsibility, then I will provide the appropriate support," he told SportsIllustrated.com. "This is a private matter, and I will refrain from further comment at this time."
The scandal could wreck a rumoured reconciliation with estranged wife, actress Bianca Kajlich.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/worldcup/2010/2010/06/28/14545331.html

scooter
06-29-2010, 08:30 AM
as much as i cant stand landycakes---its from our constant harrasment of him the first few years

on reflection he is a decent player and person and shows that north america can produce epl level players ---i wish him well ---and hope some canucks with loyalty to our national team join him over there soon

rocker
06-29-2010, 08:56 AM
i watched all the Everton-Landycakes games.
he was not the best guy on the pitch, but not the worst either. he fit in.

TorCanSoc
06-29-2010, 09:08 AM
whaaaa? Dude is super nice and sincere. If he was a canuck you'd be on your knees every day for him.
His dad is a canuck no... which is irrelevant. I agree the guy is good. On the international scene he's class. He has to believe in himself more. The only reason I hate him in MLS is because he's so good, and not playing for TFC.

Other than that, he's a class guy. Never holds back during interviews. When Beckham tows the company line, Donovan speaks his mind. Good on him. He called out Beckham for his loyalty, which we all did.

dag
06-29-2010, 09:12 AM
There was an article in last week's Guardian newspaper that credited Major League Soccer as a major contributor of American player development, an opportunity for players like Donovan, and for the American team's decent showing in South Africa.

Donovan really is among the best (and perhaps s the best) American footballer today. His play in MLS is good for the league and American soccer. Should he migrate back full-time to England or the Continent, it will be sad to see him go. But I'll be pleased for him, and hope many other young North American soccer players considre him an inspiration.

ginkster88
06-29-2010, 09:17 AM
It's kind of funny; for all those guys who are supposed to "tear up MLS", Donovan is one who actually did. Starting off in Germany in 1999, his career didn't get going until he was loaned to San Jose in 2001. He's had a pretty unique career trajectory, fully embracing MLS as a place to shine. It seems to me that a lot of players could do well to follow him (JDG2 comes to mind).

trane
06-29-2010, 09:50 AM
LOL, alright then, he can be a starting forward on many EPL clubs...

Winger as in midfield outside player, not as forward.

trane
06-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Keep in mind its easy to look good when you play with Yakubu.

Yakubu is 10 times the player Ladycakes is, and one of the reasons Everton did not do well is that Yak did not play alot this year, due to injury. Yakubu is acctualy a striker in the EPL, and a striker that can score 12-15 goals in any given year if not injured. Donavan is not close to that.

trane
06-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Yakubu has played 207 games in the EPL and score 78 goals. A scoring rate of .376 which means that in a 38 games season (EPL) he scores 14 golas on average. If Landon could come anywere close to these numbers he would not be playing in the MLS.