PDA

View Full Version : Post game TFC vs. Galaxy

Oldtimer
06-26-2010, 08:28 PM
A tie seemed deserved, and expected.

Damien
06-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Gala sucks... when we have someone to replace him, do it.

Shakes McQueen
06-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Draw isn't an ideal result (especially with them missing Donovan), but I'll take two scoreless draws against a team that is by far and away the class of the league. I'll also offer them some slack, due to not having played for 3/4 of a month.

We need to be better than this going forward, however. Draws are certainly nicer than losses, but the passing was atrocious for long stretches of this game.

It almost felt like an early season match again - guys not really in sync with eachother, passes to nowhere, guys tripping over eachother, etc. Hopefully it was just them shaking out the cobwebs.

- Scott

Oldtimer
06-26-2010, 08:33 PM
It almost felt like an early season match again - guys not really in sync with eachother, passes to nowhere, guys tripping over eachother, etc. Hopefully it was just them shaking out the cobwebs.

- Scott

That's what it felt to me, too. JDG and DeRo didn't have a very good game, either, which also hurt.

LesH
06-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Pretty much what we could have expected from this one - a draw.
But the forward play of TFC was shit today...

I thought all the guys in the forum must be high or something if saying before the game that TFC has an excellent chance to beat LA today just because they are without the US national team players.
The LA team has higher quality even without all these guys than TFC.

The bad thing is that at this point we are a 100% average team:
points gained as visitors - points lost at home = 0

In the last 2 games we succeeded to lose 4 points at home, and we all know how bloody hard is for TFC to take points from outside BMO.

Mikey
06-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Have to admit I left at half time, the level of play was so shit. I hope they get back on form!!

Redcoe15
06-26-2010, 08:55 PM
The team was as rusty as the Tin Man after getting caught in a rainstorm. Well, that's what three weeks off will do to you. Hopefully they'll find their rythem soon. And hopefully JDG and Barrett's hammies will heal up soon as well. You'd have thought JDG's would have healed up after three weeks.

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Did anyone get the attendance? I looked not too bad at all, G20 considered. I looked it up - 18,889.

Workie
06-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Have to admit I left at half time, the level of play was so shit. I hope they get back on form!!

Yep if I didnt leave cuz too much shit was on fire by my place> ( I was worried about my dog) I'm glad I left cuz we played like shit!

Petor
06-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Though I didn't hear it, on the TFC website they said that there was an anouncement at half that those that couldn't make it that they would get a ticket to another match, don't know how those people that were not there heard it.
How about those people who did make it, watched a 0-0 game, saw downtown burn and then get soaked for the last 15 minutes?

Looks like I could have been a wimp and stayed home, but no, I found a way to make it down and back even though it cost me over $50 in cab fare and I still had to walk some because of the traffic and they are going to give tickets to people who didn't attend?
Thank you very much! :P
Here is the release...
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/06/toronto-fc-g20-notice

TheKing7
06-26-2010, 09:11 PM
The good news is Sanyang upped his season pass completion to a total of 14 passes.

sulfur
06-26-2010, 09:20 PM
So, watching the game on telly, there's absolutely no way that there were almost 19k there. the south end was half empty, the north end section had maybe 200 people, and there were huge swatches of empty seats in the east side and lower west side.

Petor
06-26-2010, 09:29 PM
So, watching the game on telly, there's absolutely no way that there were almost 19k there. the south end was half empty, the north end section had maybe 200 people, and there were huge swatches of empty seats in the east side and lower west side.

I sat in the west stands for the first time in a long while(219).
The west looked fuller than the east, the north looked like the east about 50-60% full. The stands didn't really start to fill until half time which usually only takes until the 20 minute mark. :)
Overall it looked about 60-70% filled, not bad considering the circumstances.

Shakes McQueen
06-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Though I didn't hear it, on the TFC website they said that there was an anouncement at half that those that couldn't make it that they would get a ticket to another match, don't know how those people that were not there heard it.

That's a nice gesture from the FO. I assume they will probably contact ticketholders some other way - likely the internet.

- Scott

Petor
06-26-2010, 09:39 PM
That's a nice gesture from the FO. I assume they will probably contact ticketholders some other way - likely the internet.

- Scott

Soz, I edited my message and I guess you replied in between.

Why not just give everyone who had a ticket for the match a credit for a ticket of equal or lesser value?

canadian_bhoy
06-26-2010, 10:00 PM
What a boring game, poor effort from both sides.

Scott's Girl and fake Vuvuzela's were the best!

TFC Cityboy
06-26-2010, 10:01 PM
I'd estimate 13-14k in the ground. Outstanding considering the challenges people faced.
Best fans in the league without a doubt.

prizby
06-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Gala sucks... when we have someone to replace him, do it.

gala only eats 40k cap or so

dag
06-26-2010, 10:22 PM
I agree with the above - an incredibly boring and frustrating game to watch. We've enjoyed a two week break, and DeRo appeared uninterested, our communication was non-existent, our touches and passes were uniformly lacking, we appear unable to anticipate the opposition's back four in drawing an offside call. This against a team missing two top-notch players. Pathetic.

reggie
06-26-2010, 10:26 PM
we should protest the fact that we paid to watch that crap..

billyfly
06-26-2010, 10:27 PM
Fake Vuvuzela's was hilarious. Why does the rain make the supporters sing more?

andyc
06-26-2010, 10:30 PM
The good news is Sanyang upped his season pass completion to a total of 14 passes.

He can't have added more than 1 or 2 passes today surely??

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-26-2010, 11:16 PM
TFC really needs another offensive player. There have been too many games like this is year where DeRo looks like the only player with any chance of scoring.

Keystone FC
06-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Taking a total of 2 points from the best team in the league is nothing to sneeze at, but our finishes need to be...well...finished. I hope all these rumors of a DP striker come true.

Yagbod
06-27-2010, 12:16 AM
This game, and possibly the KC game as well: were not "Preki-ball". This first part of the season started with shit and graduated into an efficient back-field passing and judicious set-up team.

These past two games are like TFC of old. i.e. hectic chaos.

Preki!!! Take the reins again! I don't mind boring football, if we win.

It was boring and ugly tonight. A tie will do, but...

(we were like (but obviously not the same quality as) the Germans. Boring back field set up, followed by an incisive play. Recently it has been like the Cummin's chaos.)

Jeff s
06-27-2010, 02:21 AM
Dull game. Only highlite in this game was the Vuvuzela's. That was fucking funny

Azerban
06-27-2010, 06:19 AM
Fake Vuvuzela's was hilarious.

taking credit for this

fauxvuzelas...great troll, or greatest troll?

Pookie
06-27-2010, 06:53 AM
A draw against the league leaders isn't all bad.

But it was a lacklustre effort all around. The players on the field. The fans that stayed away. The fans in 116 that sat the whole game. The fans that left en masse with 10-15 minutes to go in a draw at home because it started raining. Security...

Highlight of the night was the mock vuvuzelas on goal kicks. That's saying a lot about the quality of the game right there.

ArmenJBX
06-27-2010, 06:57 AM
I didn't get a chance to make it out. What were the fake vuvuzelas?

Pookie
06-27-2010, 07:00 AM
I didn't get a chance to make it out. What were the fake vuvuzelas?

Using the power of the human voice to mimmic a sound. Essentially, this...

0cVlTeIATBs

Petor
06-27-2010, 07:04 AM
From my seat I could watch the match and the city burn. :)

http://www.petor.ca/torontoburns.jpg

Hooligan69
06-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Dull, boring and not at all pretty, but at least we got a point.

King Jeff
06-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Crazy picture, Petor.

LesH
06-27-2010, 08:08 AM
I feel that the programming of the last 2 home games came out very very unfortunate, because they were around the MLS break (World Cup).

TFC played 2 shit games, the last one, before the break, because they felt ALREADY in the break, and now with LA because they felt STILL in the break.***

In the process we LOST 4 points at home, and I honestly think that if both games were on the road, we would have WON at least 1 point (1 draw and 1 loss).
Every point dropped at home is a lost point and every point picked up on the road is a won point in the MLS context, where home advantage is huge.

So practically all the good effort in the last 6 games or so before these 2 games was nullified because of these 4 points lost at home... :(

***Preki, what you have to say about this?
I think half the responsibility is on you, because it looks you weren't able to motivate the guys to show up in these 2 games.

wzhxvy
06-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Anyone know why Garcia was no where to be seen last night ?

Also horrible play as most said...but better than a loss.

Nice advertising on the Montagua game...someone getting desperate ? I say yes...they will be lucky to break 10K for that game...another genius business strategy, north stand and now this...2 for 2 for the rocket scientists.

tfc2008
06-27-2010, 08:25 AM
when i read everything iam happy the subway was closed and i didnt make it

Nuvinho
06-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Garcia was suspended because of the red card last game against KC.

Greg
06-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Anyone know why there is a Spanish flag above the south end? Do we now have a player from Spain???

Nuvinho
06-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Anyone know why there is a Spanish flag above the south end? Do we now have a player from Spain???

Its for Mista maybe? ;)

ManUtd4ever
06-27-2010, 09:31 AM
Disappointing result last night against a shorthanded LA squad. In a somewhat predictable scenario, both teams clearly showed signs of rust from an extended layoff...

Greg
06-27-2010, 09:44 AM
Its for Mista maybe? ;)

That's what I was thinking too :)

Auzzy
06-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Anyone know why Garcia was no where to be seen last night ?

Garcia was suspended because of the red card last game against KC.

Yup, Garcia was suspended. Also, Garcia was practicing with JDG at half-time.

Whoop
06-27-2010, 09:59 AM

Its for Mista maybe? ;)

That's what I was thinking too :)

That's what I was thinking too when I saw it. LOL

Brooker
06-27-2010, 10:08 AM
that was one of the weakest performances by TFC I've ever seen. For the first time, we went back to Oakville at halftime and watched the rest of the game at the bar.... and what did we see? the same shit effort.

garbage. fucking GARBAGE. I'm embarrassed for them.

koryo
06-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Yesterday was a shower of shit. Nothing else.

deeznutz
06-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Was watching the game at my girls house...We fell asleep in the first 17mins or so....Unreal.

reggie
06-27-2010, 11:17 AM
unwatchable game...here we go, the tfc summer swoon has started again.
no goals in the last 2 games,and fucking boring.

ag futbol
06-27-2010, 11:25 AM
I dunno if it's switching between MLS and world cup that's leading to this frustration but i think it's best we all just forget this game ever happened.

We played with the windows rolled up at home against a team missing it's two best players. Disappointing overall.

Effort is nice, but in the end you need players who have the technical ability to stamp their authority on the game, hold the ball, facilitate the attack, etc... That was most obviously missing from yesterday's performance.

flatpicker
06-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Very disappointing effort.
This was an LA team ripe for the picking.
Toronto didn't seem to show up, or they were all hung over from World Cup parties.

bertal
06-27-2010, 12:28 PM
worst game in recent memory

jloome
06-27-2010, 01:52 PM
Wow.

Everyone here seems incensed. Must be G20 hangover or something. I watched it on TV and both teams seemed to play OK. Just a big defensive battle, which happens sometimes.

Once we brought in JDG it opened up a little and we had some chances. Thought the team interplay was OK, not enough moments of individual skill.

dupont
06-27-2010, 03:32 PM
I thought we played much better when De Guzman and Barrett came on. It was a boring game overall but I find it reassuring that our defence is becoming very reliable lately. With some more confidence from the offense, we could become a real power in this league.

TFCtoMUFC
06-27-2010, 03:36 PM
What a boring game, poor effort from both sides.

Scott's Girl and fake Vuvuzela's were the best!

SHE'S STILL AT THE GAMES!?!?!?!? :hump:

I thought she left. I can't wait till I get back from Israel, July 10th game here I come.

Blixa
06-27-2010, 03:37 PM
I was bored out of my mind. I don't think it's possible for a game to be duller than what I witnessed last night. The two teams simply cancelled each other out.

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-27-2010, 04:03 PM
I though it was bad, but maybe not so bad everyone above. I think it's the World Cup effect, a couple weeks of watching world class players made this game seem a little worse than it was.

canadian_bhoy
06-27-2010, 07:19 PM

I thought she left. I can't wait till I get back from Israel, July 10th game here I come.

112 was giving it to her...pretty hilarious.

BTW - a certain individual in row 6 is banned for life from drumming :hump:

themodelcitizen
06-27-2010, 10:46 PM
I've posted my take on it at ASN (http://tfc.american-soccer-news.com/), but to sum up the report - both teams were dull, dire and disinterested. Maybe it was the humidity, the rain, or the attendance, but we really should beat an LA side lacking their trinity up front

hamiltonfan
06-27-2010, 10:51 PM
CSL teams at upper end of the table put on a much better show, the TFC game as horrid.
What was up the cappo in the black tee, with all due respect, his performance was just as bad as the players. Where is the regular capo?? Up until there was ten minutes left the atmosphere was crapp...not how its done.

Brooker
06-27-2010, 11:07 PM
What was up the cappo in the black tee, with all due respect, his performance was just as bad as the players. .

he looks like he's being forced to do it. not to sound like a dick, but get him something to stand on. i can barely see him from row 13 and i'm 6ft.

Blizzard
06-27-2010, 11:33 PM

She was on my bus and subway after the game. <3

Blizzard
06-27-2010, 11:50 PM
Wow.

Everyone here seems incensed. Must be G20 hangover or something. I watched it on TV and both teams seemed to play OK. Just a big defensive battle, which happens sometimes.

Once we brought in JDG it opened up a little and we had some chances. Thought the team interplay was OK, not enough moments of individual skill.

Agreed. I don't really understand the incredible level of negativity I've been reading here today.

I do feel that if we'd been able to start JDG and Chad, I think we pull off a victory.

As it were, and while it may not have been a great performance by either side, we have now picked up two points from the team that is running away with the league. The Galaxy have a record of 10 - 1 - 3 dropping only nine points, four against us.

They've been playing very well without Buddle and Donovan (and Beckham) as their team defence has been superb.

Their goals against average is 0.31!!!! Their keeper's save percentage is 89.5%.

Let's also remember that on May 15th, Buddle and Donovan's last game with the Galaxy before the WC break, we also drew them at nil. In the four games played by LA since that match, they are 3 and 1 losing only 1 nil to RSL. They defeated Houston, Dallas and Columbus by a combined score of 7 to 1.

LA is a damned fine MLS side so while I would have killed for a victory, a draw is not a bad result at all and I'm pleased to see us get it.

B

Yagbod
06-28-2010, 12:14 AM
I would like to add: Gala was terrible. I kinda like Gala, but worst outing yet.

Blizzard
06-28-2010, 12:15 AM
I would like to add: Gala was terrible. I kinda like Gala, but worst outing yet.

We'd have forgiven him if he'd potted that golden opportunity though.

Brooker
06-28-2010, 01:14 AM
Jacob Peterson (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=6822111) well done TO police..bunch of pussies runnin round the town tonight..honestly what r yall protesting..such a joke

says Jacob Peterson on Facebook.

funnily enough, that's what my brother said to me on Saturday night about the game.

nfitz
06-28-2010, 01:51 AM
funnily enough, that's what my brother said to me on Saturday night about the game.LOL!

maninb
06-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Why would anyone be surprised about our lack of creativity?...You had Saric and Sanyang starting side by side....Saric is okay when he plays with somebody who can distribute the ball, but with Sanyang running around like a chicken with it's head cut and doing absolutely NOTHING except giving the ball away....he's doomed...

P-NUTZ
06-28-2010, 02:41 PM
bad soccer, poor quality and effort from both teams - obviously not there mentally.

Kinda funny tho seeing preki freak on DERO so hard, he's yelling at him for almost 10 seconds straight and then storms back to the bench muttering aloud "He doesn't have to be off-side so much!"

As good as LA is as a whole, TFC should have beat them, they were as ripe for the picking as they'll ever get.

Fort York Redcoat
06-28-2010, 03:01 PM
That team we faced was not particularly intimidating. We should've taken 3 from that game because it won't be that easy in the future.

Roogsy
06-28-2010, 03:08 PM
I agree. There was no better time to steal 3 points from LA.

When we look at the standings, our favourable position was due to a rocking month of May. Points weren't dropped as much as usual. Unfortunately, the 2 home games we have had in June, we have picked up 2 points out of a possible 6. That is simply not good enough. And as Billy mentioned, I certainly hope the usual summer "swoon" does not appear.

H Bomb
06-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Roogs and york are right, games arent played on reputation, and we missed an opportunity. It was poor, and not very entertaining. Adrian cann was very good imo. I keep waiting for him to take a step back, like the others have in the past..but the boy can play.
Also, awesome comments by jacob peterson about saturday night.

Blizzard
06-28-2010, 06:28 PM
I agree. There was no better time to steal 3 points from LA.

I'm sure Houston, Dallas and Columbus all felt the same way. Between the three of them, they scored one goal against LA playing essentially the same roster we also played.

Ya, ok maybe this was the best time to steal a win against the Galaxy but what does that have to do with us actually having the ability to do so?

With both Julian and Chad coming off injuries and Preki not comfortable with risking them for a full 90, a nil - nil draw was a very decent result.

Whoop
06-29-2010, 09:55 AM
I don't know if anyone caught this on the TFC website. LOL

Toronto's designated player Jonathan de Guzman, who's been slowed by a nagging hamstring injury in recent weeks, entered the match in the 60th minute, taking the place of Martin Saric.

mastermixer
06-29-2010, 11:07 AM
As much as I am liking what Preki has accomplished with this team, the one thing I am unhappy with is the amount of tinkering he does with the lineups, especially in the forward and midfield. Preki is asking for more creativity but I don't understand why he doesnt play White and Barret at the front and put DeRosario back to an attacking mid where he is more comfortable playing. We had this lineup for a couple of games and from what I remember it worked really well.

rocker
06-29-2010, 11:47 AM
a lot of the tinkering has come by necessity... the team had so many games before the WC break, that he needed to spread the workload... then some guys have had injuries. if he had 1 game per week and no injuries the forwards would probably be the same every week.