PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassed about how much you missed this forum?

Pigfynn
06-24-2010, 10:09 PM
I am :blush:

Thank god it's back online

Razcle
06-24-2010, 10:10 PM
I started looking for news in MLSR to pass the time. That is pretty desperate

Alonso
06-24-2010, 10:11 PM

Yeah man, I was twitching....

SmokedPanda
06-24-2010, 10:11 PM
i tried refreshing this website every hour on the hour for days

Roogsy
06-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Man...I didn't know what to do with myself. Serious withdrawl. Where to talk about footy???

I felt like this... http://www.desktopexchange.com/gallery/albums/Big_emoticons/Scared.gif

I started to wonder where the Canadian media would get it's soccer-related news and rumours from? LOL!

Red CB Toronto
06-24-2010, 10:14 PM
It kind of makes you realized the site is not the only place for footy info, I really did not think much about it.

Pigfynn
06-24-2010, 10:16 PM
I check at least a dozen sites for footy info everyday, none have anything close to the amount of info on TFC (what really matters) that this site does.

FluSH
06-24-2010, 10:17 PM
fcuk yeah...

Stryker
06-24-2010, 10:22 PM
More annoyed at the lack of effort to inform us what was happening.
What the hell did happen anyway?

TFC USA
06-24-2010, 10:22 PM
I miss this forum so much. I want to have sex with it.

Darlofletch
06-24-2010, 10:24 PM
yeah, I'm just glad i had the week off work, i'd have been bored senseless. glad it's back.

Roogsy
06-24-2010, 10:24 PM
What the he'll did happen anyway?

Unfortunately, most of the admins have been either working or on vacation. Those that were working are involved in some of the G20 events downtown and have not been accessible. Others are outside of the country.

It's sort of a perfect storm.

Since no mods have the ability to send emails to the registered users to inform everyone that the problem was being looked at, there was no way for a mass email to be sent out.

From everyone at the Red Patch Boys, we apologize for the delay and the lack of information. But I think we can all agree since this is a recreational board, the admins had to take care of more important business first.

TFC USA
06-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Unfortunately, most of the admins have been either working or on vacation. Those that were working are involved in some of the G20 events downtown and have not been accessible. Others are outside of the country.

It's sort of a perfect storm.

Since no mods have the ability to send emails to the registered users to inform everyone that the problem was being looked at, there was no way for a mass email to be sent out.

From everyone at the Red Patch Boys, we apologize for the delay and the lack of information. But I think we can all agree since this is a recreational board, the admins had to take care of more important business first.

Bullshit. I bet you guys were fucking around in that fake lake. :D

swan
06-24-2010, 10:26 PM
:eek:

DavydMT
06-24-2010, 10:29 PM

I think you meant to say.

Thank you to everyone who fixed the problem and continue to maintain our site.

denime
06-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Good to be back :)

Roogsy
06-24-2010, 10:30 PM
I think you meant to say.

Thank you to everyone who fixed the problem and continue to maintain our site.

:lol:

Nicely put.

Razcle
06-24-2010, 10:31 PM
I found out she was down from twitter:redpatchboys. Thanks for updating that the day it went down

4evared
06-24-2010, 10:36 PM
I even had to resort to having conversations with people I live with.
Welcome back friends. :D

Super Cereal
06-24-2010, 10:40 PM
To be honest, yes.

I enjoy the community here, and I really do rely completely on you guys and this site for Toronto FC news.

More of an eye opener for how much I appreciate this site and fellow TFC fans.

:)

Pigfynn
06-24-2010, 10:41 PM

Oh that sucks dude.

:drinking:

Brooker
06-24-2010, 10:41 PM

me too.... and just when I was getting to know them, board is back up.

i'll miss those people. they seemed nice.

TFCUNITED
06-24-2010, 10:49 PM
After the first few tries trying to get on this website I knew that it wasn't something on my end.

Shakes McQueen
06-24-2010, 10:50 PM
The first couple of days I couldn't get used to all of the free time I had, but the last 1.5 days or so, I had kind of adjusted to it.

I've had similar issues with websites/forums I administrate, so I can see where the admins are coming from. Web hosts can be a pain in the ass to deal with, when situations like this arise.

- Scott

Boris
06-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Lack of effort? BS.
I couldn't access anything! No mailing lists or anything. We used social networks site to spread the word. As I said, I did what I could but I've been super busy with work

TFCRegina
06-24-2010, 10:57 PM

Superwithdrawl...i ended up posting a lot on the Voyageurs' Site...

Stryker
06-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Lack of effort? BS.
I couldn't access anything! No mailing lists or anything. We used social networks site to spread the word. As I said, I did what I could but I've been super busy with work

Never said you weren't trying to deal with the issue, I said there was a lack of effort in keeping us informed. A three day old tweet of "forums are down" doesn't offer alot of insight. Didn't know whether the server was down, we'd been hacked again or if someone had just forgotton to renew the web domain.

I just think a brief explanation on Twitter or a group email on facebook or a thread on one of our breathren forums would have been nice.

Keystone FC
06-24-2010, 11:57 PM
I want to liquidfy it and bathe in all of it's epic glory and then take whats left and make a smoothie.

manic.street.preacher
06-25-2010, 01:42 AM
i clicked the RPB bookmark obsessively every 5 minutes ... i have a lot of free time as it is, with the forum down i just didn't know what to do ... i started baking :S

Dub Narcotic
06-25-2010, 03:49 AM
Glad it's back up. It's nice to have a place where, although you don't agree with everything everyone says, the perspective is similar enough to yours to feel welcome and comfortable. I prefer my footy news filtered through well-educated posters and also through a North American/Canadian/MLS perspective, so this is the place to be.

lips
06-25-2010, 06:46 AM
Thank God it's back up! Don't post much but it's my source of reading material for each and every day.

DaBandit
06-25-2010, 07:23 AM
I dont post here often, but i do read quite a bit as some of the insight is fantastic (some not so much.. lol). Man it was tough at work the last couple of days, especially with the world cup on.. Thank god it back up and running, keep up the good work boyz...

Parkdale
06-25-2010, 07:25 AM
i tried refreshing this website every hour on the hour for days

so THAT's what cause the problem? thanks a bunch jerkface ;)

Parkdale
06-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Bullshit. I bet you guys were fucking around in that fake lake. :D

the fake lake is only ankle deep.

and yes... the RPB twitter account and facebook page all talked about the downtime.

TFC Cityboy
06-25-2010, 07:28 AM
I had 2 theories
a) my IT department was tracking my surfing during work hours
b) we were identified as a threat to the G20

Glad this is back.Phew!

Parkdale
06-25-2010, 07:45 AM
I had 2 theories

Glad this is back.Phew!

how about a unified theory?

a+b) my IT department was tracking my surfing [and] <identified a threat to> [my] work hours

Chevy
06-25-2010, 07:57 AM
If it wasn't for the World Cup, the board being down would have forced me to actually get some work done.

nascarguy
06-25-2010, 08:05 AM
I did not miss this forum I was too busy watching footy

ManUtd4ever
06-25-2010, 08:12 AM
The last few days were definitely more difficult than I would have envisioned, LOL. Serious withdrawal symptoms, especially at the office, but I was more productive at work this week. I tried getting my fix on other TFC related forums in the interim but nothing measures up to RPB Forums...

madcow
06-25-2010, 08:13 AM
I'm just a junkie with a monkey on my back and this site makes me feel awwwwright, oh ya. But seriously, life happens; to err is human to reaaly fuck up it takes a computer. Just glad it's back.

Carts
06-25-2010, 08:14 AM
If it wasn't for the World Cup, the board being down would have forced me to actually get some work done.

LOL... I was thinking the exact same thing...

Carts...

Darlofletch
06-25-2010, 08:16 AM
I had 2 theories

Glad this is back.Phew!

rct thread was probably talking about peeing in merkel's butt, thus pushing the authorities to shut it down. Those germans really are humourless bastards.:D

__wowza
06-25-2010, 08:23 AM
I started looking for news in MLSR to pass the time. That is pretty desperate

see anything good?

Boris
06-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Never said you weren't trying to deal with the issue, I said there was a lack of effort in keeping us informed. A three day old tweet of "forums are down" doesn't offer alot of insight. Didn't know whether the server was down, we'd been hacked again or if someone had just forgotton to renew the web domain.

I just think a brief explanation on Twitter or a group email on facebook or a thread on one of our breathren forums would have been nice.

sorry...next time ill be sure to stop my real life and my real job.....
we did what we could :facepalm:

Jack
06-25-2010, 08:39 AM

"Lack of effort"? Headshake time, my friend.

The leadership of this group puts more hours into this thing on a weekly basis than a job. This was a tough week and a bad combination of timing and inability to access the back end of the site (something we are working to fix).

All of those with admin access were swamped with work and upheaval due to working in the G20 zone, vacation or things that are MORE IMPORTANT than the forum. Yes, there are things in life more important than the Red Patch Boys internet forum, believe it or not.

3 days of down time isn't the end of the world. We were able to access the back end yesterday and get back up and running. The world is still turning!

Busting Boris' balls about not informing in exactly the way you wanted to be informed is a bit much.

Menelaos
06-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Thank you for getting them back up!

Roogsy
06-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Do you think it was the Hot Chix thread that blew up the server? Or RCT? LOL!

Wagner
06-25-2010, 08:47 AM
this was my most productive week at work in 4 years. ;)

billyfly
06-25-2010, 08:47 AM
NEVER go away again. EVER.

phonzo
06-25-2010, 09:04 AM
ya....this board never ceases to amaze me at times.....bitching about downtime - stop feeling a sense of fucking entitlement.

Props to those that got it back online and working in your spare time.

flatpicker
06-25-2010, 09:33 AM
It is so good to be back home again!
I resorted to talking to my g/f about the World Cup.
She just looked at me and said "I don't care".
That's when I knew I needed the RPB forum fixed, and soon!

rocker
06-25-2010, 09:33 AM
geez, it was like BP trying to fix the oil leak!!! ;) ;) (joking)

Roogsy
06-25-2010, 09:35 AM
:lol:

Except Boris actually got it done.

canadian_bhoy
06-25-2010, 09:42 AM
Good job getting it back up.

Though with it down for a couple of days, I think it shows that we need to have more of a presence on Twitter and Facebook. This forum going down shouldn't make the group disappear.

I have someone in mind (no it's no me) that would be perfect to run the RPB twitter (though boris and co would still be able to tweet). The feed needs to be much more active IMO. Same goes for Facebook.

Boris
06-25-2010, 09:52 AM

Though with it down for a couple of days, I think it shows that we need to have more of a presence on Twitter and Facebook. This forum going down shouldn't make the group disappear.

I have someone in mind (no it's no me) that would be perfect to run the RPB twitter (though boris and co would still be able to tweet). The feed needs to be much more active IMO. Same goes for Facebook.

twitter is active facebook needs to be cleaned up

canadian_bhoy
06-25-2010, 09:54 AM
twitter is active facebook needs to be cleaned up

The last RPB tweet was 4 days ago....

Kevvv
06-25-2010, 10:14 AM
I prefer every four days to four an hour.

Parkdale
06-25-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm sure someone would complain 'stop tweeting and fix the damn board'.

probably kevvv

Roogsy
06-25-2010, 10:17 AM

I agree that someone needs to run the RPB Twitter page a little better. And facebook definitely needs attention.

cementhead
06-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Oh good where back up maybe now I won,t fall a sleep at my computer desk so much!

Damien
06-25-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm so hungry I could eat at Arby's!

Roogsy
06-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Nice avatar D! Are you now a 75MB? :lol:

Damien
06-25-2010, 02:32 PM
^ double-you tee eff is that? lol

Roogsy
06-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Seventy-five Mile Basterds...

Ricky_Portugal
06-26-2010, 11:07 AM
thanks guys for taking care of the forums in your down time from work you should be relaxing cause this g20's got everybody running crazy

ochos
06-29-2010, 10:54 AM
didn't even notice.. I actually work when I'm at work...

ricciboy
07-01-2010, 07:13 PM
woahhhhhhhh !!!!