PDA

View Full Version : TFC Academy to play Colo Colo in Waterloo June 29th

Razcle
06-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Toronto FC Academy’s Senior Team will play Chilean soccer giant Colo Colo in a friendly match on Tuesday, June 29th at Wilfrid Laurier University Stadium in Waterloo. Kick off is 7:35 p.m.

Tickets are $20/$40 children/adults which is a little steep for the academy however this is a great opportunity to support the reds from the home town. :drum:

BeerBaron95
06-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Toronto FC Academy’s Senior Team will play Chilean soccer giant Colo Colo in a friendly match on Tuesday, June 29th at Wilfrid Laurier University Stadium in Waterloo. Kick off is 7:35 p.m.

Tickets are $20/$40 children/adults which is a little steep for the academy however this is a great opportunity to support the reds from the home town. :drum:

Not worried to say that I will be there to support against the Reds and for my team Colo Colo :D

Yeah, this will be a good day next tuesday!!
:flare::flare::flare:

BeerBaron95
06-24-2010, 10:21 PM
already getting my shit together for the game.

Jersey: Check
Scarf: Check
Flag(s): Check
Flares: Check (lol, maybe)
Voice for singing: Check
Passion: Check x 2

This is going to be great!

Alonso
06-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Not worried to say that I will be there to support against the Reds and for my team Colo Colo :D

Yeah, this will be a good day next tuesday!!
:flare::flare::flare:

I didn't expect this at all, the price is a bit too much, my Chilean roommate won't go because the price is too much. I'm thinking I'll be kicking myself in the ass later if I don't go.

The stadium is shit though, artificial turf from what I remember, seating for a few thousand at most, and there will most likely be pig skin lines all over the field. Plus its TFC Academy and not TFC for F'n sakes! $40?!? Where do they come up with this price point?

If I go, I'll be supporting the red's though, they're my club first and foremost.

Alonso
06-24-2010, 10:29 PM
already getting my shit together for the game.

Jersey: Check
Scarf: Check
Flag(s): Check
Flares: Check (lol, maybe)
Voice for singing: Check
Passion: Check x 2

This is going to be great!

I forgot to ask in my last post if you made it out to Edmonton?

BeerBaron95
06-24-2010, 10:35 PM
I forgot to ask in my last post if you made it out to Edmonton?

No man i didnt... some personal stuff came about and couldnt make the trip. luckily this is a short drive away :D

Alonso
06-24-2010, 10:40 PM
No man i didnt... some personal stuff came about and couldnt make the trip. luckily this is a short drive away :D

How can I not go right? It's a 10 minute drive from my house... I'm just pissed they're gauging me!

Have you bought your tickets yet?

Blizzard
06-24-2010, 10:42 PM
I didn't expect this at all, the price is a bit too much, my Chilean roommate won't go because the price is too much. I'm thinking I'll be kicking myself in the ass later if I don't go.

The stadium is shit though, artificial turf from what I remember, seating for a few thousand at most, and there will most likely be pig skin lines all over the field. Plus its TFC Academy and not TFC for F'n sakes! $40?!? Where do they come up with this price point?

If I go, I'll be supporting the red's though, they're my club first and foremost.

Right about Field Turf and Canadian Football lines. Wrong about capacity. It holds 6000.

Remember, this isn't a TFC event. It's being run by Edmonton FC / Mel Kowulchuk so they're to blame for the price point. Edmonton had brought Colo Colo up here with the promise of three matches as part of their mid-season camp. Edmonton played them last week losing 4-3.

TFC helped out by allowing the Academy to take part as apparently a pro team in eastern Canada pulled out. Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that Edmonton is losing their shirt on this venture. They've claimed their overhead is $100k on this trip from Alberta.

Colo Colo plays Vitoria on June 27th in Edmonton.

Red CB Toronto
06-24-2010, 10:49 PM
I wonder if the Edmonton group initially tried to get the game against the TFC at BMO, which with this three week break could have work, and MLSE deemed this not a big enough team to make it worthwhile to open up BMO from a financial standpoint.

An international friendly at the m id-way point of this break would have been great. Apparently the side from Brazil, Vitoria who is playing Colo Colo in Edmonton is going to be facing off against a CSL All-Star team in Toronto.

Whoop
06-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Colo Colo is a bigger team than Bolton.

BeerBaron95
06-24-2010, 10:50 PM
How can I not go right? It's a 10 minute drive from my house... I'm just pissed they're gauging me!

Have you bought your tickets yet?

Yup.. bought 4 !!

Alonso
06-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Right about Field Turf and Canadian Football lines. Wrong about capacity. It holds 6000.

Remember, this isn't a TFC event. It's being run by Edmonton FC / Mel Kowulchuk so they're to blame for the price point. Edmonton had brought Colo Colo up here with the promise of three matches as part of their mid-season camp. Edmonton played them last week losing 4-3.

TFC helped out by allowing the Academy to take part as apparently a pro team in eastern Canada pulled out. Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that Edmonton is losing their shirt on this venture. They've claimed their overhead is $100k on this trip from Alberta.

Colo Colo plays Vitoria on June 27th in Edmonton.

He's going to lose a mega fortune when only a few hundred people show up because he priced it out of reason. That and I don't think you can buy tickets at the gate for this game. It's ticket master or nothing from what I gathered when I tried to buy from their website.

Red CB Toronto
06-24-2010, 10:56 PM
He's going to lose a mega fortune when only a few hundred people show up because he priced it out of reason. That and I don't think you can buy tickets at the gate for this game. It's ticket master or nothing from what I gathered when I tried to buy from their website.

It is not that you can not buy tickets at the gate, it is that you can not pick up tickets ordered through ticketmaster at the stadium, there is not a TM system there.

BeerBaron95
06-24-2010, 10:59 PM
lmao... dude Colo Colo is 30x the team TFC is and 15X the team Bolton Wanderers are for that matter.

might just be a timing issue or whatever it may be but to say MLSE deemed them not be a big enough team is quite absurd.

I wonder if the Edmonton group initially tried to get the game against the TFC at BMO, which with this three week break could have work, and MLSE deemed this not a big enough team to make it worthwhile to open up BMO from a financial standpoint.

An international friendly at the m id-way point of this break would have been great. Apparently the side from Brazil, Vitoria who is playing Colo Colo in Edmonton is going to be facing off against a CSL All-Star team in Toronto.

BeerBaron95
06-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Actually I take that MLSE part back... they have shown to be quite clueless and can be a wee bit daft more often than not in certain cases. :D

dupont
06-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Waterloo? What the hell is that?! I can't make it to another galaxy just to watch this.

Yeoman
06-25-2010, 03:34 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK
and I'm on afternoons that week :(

Klinsmann
06-25-2010, 05:59 AM
I heard (on the TFC TV press conf) some trialists and TFC 1st team players might get into the game as well. I'm probably going to head up for this game. should be a fun little trip.

Blizzard
06-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Waterloo? What the hell is that?! I can't make it to another galaxy just to watch this.

http://www.mapacartografico.com/album/europa/belgica/waterloo_battle.jpg

sampace
06-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Quite frankly K-W should have a MLS team by now, Jim Balsille needs to get behind this!

Alonso
06-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Quite frankly K-W should have a MLS team by now, Jim Balsille needs to get behind this!

The thought has crossed my mind as well....

sampace
06-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Shall we get a petition going at the game, perhaps we can present it to Balsille? K-W would easily support a MLS team if a proper stadium, grass, was built.

Alonso
06-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Are you from the area? If so you should come and hang out with the KW Company at the Failte Pub for some away games....

Yeoman
06-28-2010, 12:20 PM
okay well i'll probably be there now

GBV
06-29-2010, 09:34 PM
http://news.therecord.com/Sports/article/737839

Oldtimer
06-30-2010, 07:42 AM
A tie is not a bad result for TFCA.

ManUtd4ever
06-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Wow, not bad at all. Colo-Colo needed an own goal by Matheson just to draw...

Nodoubtguy
06-30-2010, 07:52 AM
that a great result

pekduck
06-30-2010, 08:06 AM
well done kids :)

so anyone's ready to replace Sanyang/Garcia/Saric/Hiscanovic/Usnov (in that order) yet?

Oldtimer
06-30-2010, 10:11 AM
A match report from Chile:

http://www.terra.cl/deportes/index.cfm?accion=futbolnacional&id_reg=1449203 (in Spanish)

Babelfish translation:

CANADA, June, 30. - Colo Colo finished well mannered its tour by Canada after to secure to a tie 4-4 against Toronto FC before 1500 people, culminating unconquered its adventure by North American grounds.

In spite of the fit one of the marker, the beginning of the encounter was for the white ones, after abrir the numbers by means of the new reinforcement, Lucas Wilchez, when just minutes ran both. Nevertheless, to the 8 Nicholas Lindsay tied the account, but Ezequiel Miralles would leave well to the things for the cacique when the marking the 2-1 again the 11.

With the advantage in the marker the targets dominated, however, Lindsay equaled the numbers again and worse still to the 28, Keven German decreed the third party for the Canadians.

In the complement, Colo Colo left however, but it against was with the fourth goal through Lindsay the 61. Thus the things, it seemed that the party was sentenced, nevertheless, six minutes later Jose Pedro Fuenzalida could discount.

After the goal, the Chilean picture went in search of the tie and Toro obtained to it in the feet of Sebastián, who as a forward decreed the definitive result of 4-4, and so Colo Colo culminated unconquered its tour by Canada when winning before to the Edmonton and the Vitoria.

Now one hopes that in the next days the national establishment returns to the country, where quickly they will initiate the works of recovery, because after the intense preseason they come with several players with physical problems.

Only 1500 people? That's a pity, even though it's just the academy.

Yeoman
06-30-2010, 10:29 AM
well $40? i would have went for $20

Stencils
06-30-2010, 11:35 AM

http://www.terra.cl/deportes/index.cfm?accion=futbolnacional&id_reg=1449203 (in Spanish)

Babelfish translation:

Interesting that there's no mention that it was TFC's academy team :P

Well done, lads!

SoccMan
06-30-2010, 12:24 PM
1500 people, I was at the game and it looked more like 500 people.

ag futbol
06-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Not surprised, they deserve it for pricing this thing to fail.

$40 for regular priced tickets to see reserves vs. the academy team... well done

BeerBaron95
06-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Ok so here my take on the game... I love my team and was happy to be there in person.. The attendance was more like 1000 maybe a bit more than that but nowhere near 1500 as stated.

I agree that $40 was a little too steep for essentially a reserves v academy team. That hurt attendance alot.

In either way I along with my pops and brother and buddy had a blast and waved my flag and sang the chants with those who knew them aswell.

Would I do it again?? Fuck yeah i would

P.S.. Forgot my camera in the car and realized it right at kickoff!!! FML!!!! lmao

reggie
06-30-2010, 02:43 PM
did any first team guys play?

rocker
06-30-2010, 04:27 PM
so using that classic RPB argument (used when TFC loses or ties to a USL, NASL team), then Colo Colo and the Chilean league are about as good as the CSL ;)

TFCRegina
06-30-2010, 06:33 PM
so using that classic RPB argument (used when TFC loses or ties to a USL, NASL team), then Colo Colo and the Chilean league are about as good as the CSL ;)

^

+1 Hahaha...pre-season comments make me chuckle.

Batman
06-30-2010, 06:35 PM
well done tfc acadamy... and screw you to the idot who thought the KW market would pay $40 to see them.

I would have gladly gone to this game at $20, but no way I'm paying more for an academy game than I do for TFC.

I think whoever priced this game, must have skipped Economics 100.

Razcle
06-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Na...he is just and edmontonian!

TFCRegina
06-30-2010, 06:46 PM
well done tfc acadamy... and screw you to the idot who thought the KW market would pay $40 to see them.

I would have gladly gone to this game at $20, but no way I'm paying more for an academy game than I do for TFC.

I think whoever priced this game, must have skipped Economics 100.

^^^

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner.

It's called Price Elasticity and the FCE clown who came up with the planning didn't understand the concept.

Alonso
06-30-2010, 08:03 PM

Babelfish translation:

This thing was priced out of reason.... $40+ to watch the academy is too much. Colo-Colo wasn't playing their A-team either. I read on a website somewhere that Kowalchuk was dumb founded why people wouldn't pay $25 to watch the game... except it wasn't $25! Is he smoking glue and doesn't know what he's charging people?!? He better sort that out before the season starts for FC Edmonton. It might help with the business side of things...

Edit: Here's the article saying the game was $25... in the last few paragraphs

http://news.therecord.com/Sports/article/737839