PDA

View Full Version : Robinson to speak

razor787
06-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Havent seen this posted anywhere

From http://www.24thminute.com/

On today's show:

New York Red Bull Carl Robinson will speak to a member of the Toronto media for the first time since leaving TFC.

We'll be joined by one of the long standing CSL clubs to talk about what's happening in Canadian soccer with its evolution at the present.

And we'll get into why Lionel Messi is bigger than Jesus. No, really. He's bigger than Jesus.

The live show kicks off at 2pm EST. Join in the chat to call us blasphemous and ask question of our guests

----------------------------

I will be at work, so I cant tune in, but lets see what he has to say about the organization. He did say before, that when he talks, it will shock us all. Lets see if that is still true.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-18-2010, 11:57 AM
should be interesting...

razor787
06-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Any ideas on what he may be saying?

ginkster88
06-18-2010, 11:58 AM
There's no need for this. His handling of this has been so immature. "When I do speak, it will shock you all"... come on man, either say it or say nothing at all.

Parkdale
06-18-2010, 12:01 PM
interesting.

not sure how receptive people will be to his comments, just because time does tend to cool some hot tempers. If he spoke after new England... Well I guess we just have to wait to hear what he says.

ps. Robbo --- you still owe me a jersey, even though France stunk it up yesterday.

Flipityflu
06-18-2010, 01:20 PM
curious

i actually thought that whole 'it will shock you all' was a bit of a windup. i hate hearing bad shit behind the scenes. personally, i don't like listening to anything going on in the changeroom. i have enough wories during a match...:)

ag futbol
06-18-2010, 01:22 PM
He's pretty much tellling us what we already know.

The players think Johnston is a meddling scumbag and Anselmi is a clueless idiot.

No shockers here.

Pachuco
06-18-2010, 01:23 PM
It's old news now to be honest. I was way more interested in what he had to say long time ago.

Damien
06-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Robbo never struck me as a guy to call someone out really... don't be too excited.

Broadview
06-18-2010, 02:23 PM
His buddy Danny still works for the team. I doubt he'd want to make things awkward for the guy.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-18-2010, 02:29 PM
It's old news now to be honest. I was way more interested in what he had to say long time ago.

yep agreed here

It's Called Football
06-18-2010, 04:00 PM
For those who didn't get a chance to listen:

We were joined by former Toronto FC midfielder Carl Robinson who speaks for the first time about his career in Toronto, his relations with Mo, his thoughts on the Ali Gerba and Chris Cummins interviews, his future in football and his recovery from knee surgery.

Full Show here (http://www.24thminute.com/2010/06/its-called-football-live_17.html)

Interview Only here (http://itscalledfootball.podhoster.com/)

RedsYNWA
06-18-2010, 05:29 PM
..what? missed it, did he come out of the closet??

TFCRegina
06-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Pretty harsh while still being respectful.

That's how you throw someone under the bus like a politician.

His response to the question about Mo was as close to "Fuck that guy" as we're ever going to hear from Robbo. He also diplomatically called Mo a liar with "Chris Cummins doesn't lie."

Love it.

Razcle
06-18-2010, 07:13 PM
anyone feel like giving us the slightly lengthened coles notes

Roogsy
06-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Coles notes:

Robbo got his knee injury in preseason. Out 6-8 weeks after surgery.

Robbo didn't feel JDG was a negative for him or the club, like the fact TFC was bringing in a quality player.

As the year progressed, he started seeing things at the club that he did not like. The way things changed are what signalled the end of his stay.

Robbo didn't want to shoot off his mouth upon leaving the club despite the circumstances that sorrounded his leaving.

He does not want to ruin the memory of the time he spent here, he still views it positively and still remains friends with many within the TFC organization.

People who know football and who know Robbo know the reason he left.

Regarding the interviews with Ali and Cummins:

The things that Ali said was not sour grapes.

Cummins doesn't lie. Read into that what you want but his statements were not sour grapes either.

He does not agree with the articles that discredited Ali and Cummins as being sour ex employees.

Rycroft asks him about Mo:

Robbo does not want to answer anything to do with issues between Mo and Cummins, it has nothing to do with Robbo himself.

Robbo wanted to move because he wanted to work with someone he respects and likes working for, which he has now at NY.

Comments about Mo, Robbo would rather look forward than back. He is looking forward to his footballing career in NY, and wants to continue seeing his time in Toronto as positive. It's water under the bridge.

Rycroft asks him about Henry:

Robbo thinks it will happen but he says that supporters seem to know more than players, he hasn't heard anything confirming it officially. But it would be massive since Henry still has several years in him.

About Cronin:

He's heard about Sam moving to SJ. Thinks Sam would have been Robbo's natural replacement. He has great potential. It's unfortunate management has decided not to use him and went another way.

Sam is a very good ball-playing footballer. Preki's style of hard-nosed, gutting out 1-0 wins may not have fit in the system. But Robbo thinks Sam has what it takes to break into Europe.

Post career:

Robbo is getting his licences. He is undecided how much longer he will play, he is getting offers for post-career work. He will decide at the end of the season.

T0R0NT0 FC
06-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks Roogsy!

J .
06-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Meh, we all moved on, TFC is doing well and hopefully Robbo is too. I prefer our current method of hardworking defense than the tripe they played before.

Brooker
06-18-2010, 09:18 PM
thanks for your contribution, robbo, but let's all move on.

madcow
06-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Well, with everything all said and done I would still prefer to see Robbo wearing TFC red. He's a class act all the way around.

bgnewf
06-21-2010, 11:45 AM
http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/06/critics-3-%e2%80%93-mo-johnston-nil/

My take on the Robinson interview and why it important for all of us to listen to it!

ExiledRed
06-25-2010, 08:30 PM
We're doing fine without him, cummins or gerba.

really.