PDA

View Full Version : Just an idea For L.A.

Sid
06-15-2010, 09:24 AM
I know worldcup will still be going on and i'll be at the TFC game for sure But with an idea of having my TFC gear but Rocking my International Flag for World cup. it would look cool to see all Nation Flags being show in 112 Plus a one Canadian flag and the RPB flag its just a idea showing different colours but still cheering on the boys and singing.Just for worldcup time and other time would be no. Plus it would make a Different look on a pic when u take it from the new stands seeing worldcup flags which would be something new and cool
Just this one time RPB this is our time to a less show our Nation's show and still have the tfc Feeling there making it Crazy & TFC flags there too. If we pitch it to 113 114 115 area some how it would look wicked

Parkdale
06-15-2010, 09:31 AM
that's a cool idea but I don't think it will fly.
TFC Games are for TFC support, and my France flag has no place at a TFC match.
let's focus on the supporting the Red with all of our TFC colours on display.

DavydMT
06-15-2010, 09:35 AM
i have no problem with having international flags at tfc games even after the world cup. Also we have players from 6 world cup nations playing for us and more flags is good for everyone.

H Bomb
06-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Agreed parky. Its a nice idea, but tfc is our club, and they should get our full attention during matches.

Sid
06-15-2010, 09:41 AM
I understand But still wearing Scarf's of tfc and Jeresy still show's Support If they see we are all Different nation's all one and careing for world cup Would make a big Impacted To see that in MLS game But still Supporting a Club team During worldcup. I am German and i tought it would be cool all nations there Behiden a Banner saying Different nation's Oneteam or all in one something cool.:scarf:think it over Worldcup is a time to enjoy and this making news Supporting different Nationals plus us Supporting the reds show's toronto has worldcup spirit. well wearing supporting and singing TFC.i have seen it in some USA game but not as big.I myself will bring my flag plus A TFC one no need to make Differnce's during world cup at Bmo cause there as one is RED

that's a cool idea but I don't think it will fly.
TFC Games are for TFC support, and my France flag has no place at a TFC match.
let's focus on the supporting the Red with all of our TFC colours on display.

Sid
06-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Listen still having TFC flags There is the idea as well With international ones Think about i am not tryin to take it away showing that we Are differen but oneblood one team
Agreed parky. Its a nice idea, but tfc is our club, and they should get our full attention during matches.

Whoop
06-15-2010, 09:50 AM
I say pass.

Eastend
06-15-2010, 09:54 AM
I know we're there to support TFC, but I do like this idea....even if my country is not there.

Sid
06-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Has anyone ever Thought That if they see how many multicultural we are maybe world cup could be here one year by doing this or not being a fear to show that we are a nation in one but different exp: italy germany.....we do this it would show we are into soccer big time.

jaxul
06-15-2010, 09:55 AM
For me REDS games = RED. In bars, on patios, on balconies, on cars...put up all the flags in the world!

H Bomb
06-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Listen still having TFC flags There is the idea as well With international ones Think about i am not tryin to take it away showing that we Are differen but oneblood one team

Again I think its a nice idea, and cant think of anything cynical to say about it. But I dont care about torontos world cup passion during tfc. I only care about tfc. And id prefer to show the players that we're still there for them, even as something bigger goes on around them

Sid
06-15-2010, 09:56 AM
SEE PLEASE even if your teams not in Rock it i love toronto i love we are so differnet From nations but soccer brings us together!! and TFC does the same Cheers:scarf::flare::drum:
I know we're there to support TFC, but I do like this idea....even if my country is not there.

Sid
06-15-2010, 10:01 AM
But how us not Giving there time by chanting and doing everything the same for the reds is still there moment and time. i am saying about 5mins of Hold up ur Nations flag bug's ppl only 5 mins in alittle of support of it and then rest all TFC no Disrespacted to anyone
Again I think its a nice idea, and cant think of anything cynical to say about it. But I dont care about torontos world cup passion during tfc. I only care about tfc. And id prefer to show the players that we're still there for them, even as something bigger goes on around them

Sid
06-15-2010, 10:05 AM
I am myself love the red got the logo tattooed on me. But for a one time thing show that i like world cup and that it can bring ppl together just for 5 mins then the rest tfc. i'll be at the game with tfc flag and my nation's on my neck if anyone feels like doing so cheers!

jaxul
06-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Has anyone ever Thought That if they see how many multicultural we are maybe world cup could be here one year by doing this or not being a fear to show that we are a nation in one but different exp: italy germany.....we do this it would show we are into soccer big time.

I think we'd have to show we are worthy by qualifying to a WC (or at least be close) before they would even consider. Besides, bids are being made for 2018 and 2022, therefore IF Canada would decide to put forward a bid it would be for 2026 and I think it is a little early to purposely start showing the world we love soccer for a potential WC 16 years down the road.

Stryker
06-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Someone's trying to get the most out of the flag they bought. Five bucks says he brings it to the game anyway regardless of what the consences is here.

ginkster88
06-15-2010, 12:05 PM
I think we'd have to show we are worthy by qualifying to a WC (or at least be close) before they would even consider. Besides, bids are being made for 2018 and 2022, therefore IF Canada would decide to put forward a bid it would be for 2026 and I think it is a little early to purposely start showing the world we love soccer for a potential WC 16 years down the road.

Canada could never host a WC, not even in 2026. Where would they play... the Big O (turf), Rogers Center (turf), Commonwealth Stadium (turf) and BC Place (turf)?

What a joke it would be.

Wagner
06-15-2010, 12:12 PM
This clip sums up my feelings on this idea:

TIvxqUCu41Q

Waggy
06-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Comment 1: Periods are an excellent addition to all keyboards and sentences.
Comment 2: TFC is TFC. Would you show up to a Leafs game with a Slovakian flag because the World Championships are on? Would you show up to a Raptors game with a Turkish flag? Would you show up at a Jays game with a US flag? Heritage is heritage. Its something we should all be proud of, but our unity behind TFC is our strength. No need to bring external divides in. Besides, having a stands full of random flags wouldn't make us look worldly, it'd make us look amateur. Try and picture the scene at BMO. 20 000 people wearing red, with 20 US flags, 2000 UK flags, 500 French flags, 1000 Italian flags etc. etc. Picture the same scene at Camp Nou, or Anfield, or any major footy ground. Can you see it happening? I can't. And if it did, I'd imagine it's something that their fans, their city, their club and country would all feel awkward about. If it'd look ridiculous there, it'd be worse here.

Parkdale
06-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Rogers Center (turf),

I've seen real grass at the Rogers center before. For the right $$$, anything is possible.

Parkdale
06-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Comment 1: Periods are an excellent addition to all keyboards and sentences.
Comment 2: TFC is TFC. Would you show up to a Leafs game with a Slovakian flag because the World Championships are on? Would you show up to a Raptors game with a Turkish flag? Would you show up at a Jays game with a US flag? Heritage is heritage. Its something we should all be proud of, but our unity behind TFC is our strength. No need to bring external divides in. Besides, having a stands full of random flags wouldn't make us look worldly, it'd make us look amateur. Try and picture the scene at BMO. 20 000 people wearing red, with 20 US flags, 2000 UK flags, 500 French flags, 1000 Italian flags etc. etc. Picture the same scene at Camp Nou, or Anfield, or any major footy ground. Can you see it happening? I can't. And if it did, I'd imagine it's something that their fans, their city, their club and country would all feel awkward about. If it'd look ridiculous there, it'd be worse here.

yep.

and thanks for pretending we'd get 500 French flags out there :D

Jeff s
06-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Please no.

I don't see the point.

We see the flags in the streets, thats enough. We don't need to randomly bring it up in a tfc game. I'm their for tfc. For those 90 mins, the wc doesn't exist to me.

TFC Via Buffalo
06-15-2010, 12:50 PM
yep.

and thanks for pretending we'd get 500 French flags out there :D

And 20 US flags. :o

sidvan
06-15-2010, 02:13 PM
We have enough international flags on top of the south end. Lets just bring our TFC support.

MartinUtd
06-15-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't think we need any more people desecrating flags like that one guy I see around BMO wearing the Maple Leaf as a cape while dragging it along the ground and making it look like a dirty cleaning rag.

SilverSamurai
06-15-2010, 07:53 PM
I'd have to say pass on this idea.
The only flag that should be flown is the Canadian flag IMO and that's only because TFC is a Canadian club. Even that's a stretch I think.

Damien
06-15-2010, 08:09 PM
What if I bring a confederate flag and scream YOOOOOOWEEEEE!!!!!!

is that ok?

/end bolton transmission

DavydMT
06-15-2010, 08:31 PM
xXKu8-TMhzs

Sid
06-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Close and hockey and soccer totally different no shit u wouldnt wear leafs at bmo and i have seen it and CFL shit too so its no different anyway close please This thread done tryed

DichioTFC
06-16-2010, 01:24 PM
dont like other nations flags at bmo, but i would like to see canadian flags being waved more often in the supporter section