PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Tuesday, June,15

denime
06-15-2010, 05:27 AM
Mornin'

TFC on verge of Cronin deal (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/06/14/14391456.html)

Junior Academy Enjoys Winning Weekend (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/06/junior-academy-enjoys-winning-weekend)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

spark
06-15-2010, 06:42 AM
If it's on RPB, then you know it's true! San Jose/Kansas City, wherever ... it seemed like the writing was on the wall since the Columbus game, which is weird because Cronin ticks alot of the boxes you'd think fits the Preki 'mold'. Let's just hope it doesn't come back to bite us and he turns into one of the top mids in the league - I guess we should be thankful he's not a striker :)

SAYONARA, SAMMY, WE HARDLY KNEW YE (http://www.rednationonline.ca/Sayonara_Sammy_We_Hardly_Knew_Ye_june_15_10_column .shtml)

lips
06-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Mornin

koryo
06-15-2010, 07:39 AM
I think we'll regret getting rid of Cronin.

DichioTFC
06-15-2010, 08:54 AM
^ Maybe, depends who we get in return / sign as a replacement.

If we get a DP out of it, it'll be a good deal.

daner90
06-15-2010, 09:36 AM
I agree. I think Cronin was a huge asset to have and he is going to be a solid starter for a long time to come in MLS. I would definitley play him over Sanyang every game...than again I am a sanyang hater

scooter
06-15-2010, 09:44 AM
mornin d

yes wtf is preki thinking -- cronin is going to develop into a great mid

Lucky Strike
06-15-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm concerned about this proposed Cronin deal. This isn't like trying to get rid of Marco Velez, Cronin has proven he brings something to the table. But you get the impression this is just step 1 of some sort of plan. We have to see what the other steps are to fully judge this one.

rocker
06-15-2010, 10:06 AM
I think we'll regret getting rid of Cronin.

Cronin isn't the type of player to make one regret moving him. He's a good player but he's not going to be a star. He'll be a good pro in this league but that's nothing to regret.

Northern Soul
06-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Cronin > Sanyang.

Saying that, we'll see what the "plan" is.

James17930
06-15-2010, 10:24 AM
I really don't understand the big hard-on for Cronin.

He's decent, but I've really never seen anything all that special in him.

If we get something decent in return for him, in a few months everyone will be saying 'Sam who?'

KezmanCCCC
06-15-2010, 02:07 PM
I really don't understand the big hard-on for Cronin.

He's decent, but I've really never seen anything all that special in him.

If we get something decent in return for him, in a few months everyone will be saying 'Sam who?'

i agree... ive never seen anything to special in cronin and if we can get something decent for him to help us out.. then its worth it to let him go

Roogsy
06-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Cronin > Sanyang.

I agree

rocker
06-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Cronin > Sanyang.

Unfair comparison, to be honest.... unless all players are judged simply on where they are right at this minute.

Sanyang is playing in MLS at age 18 and doing a decent job at it. Cronin was in highschool at age 18. Cronin started in MLS 4 years older than Sanyang.

Not to say that Sanyang is better at this moment, but that's unfair to Sanyang. Imagine Cronin at age 18?

Northern Soul
06-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Unfair comparison, to be honest.... unless all players are judged simply on where they are right at this minute.

Sanyang is playing in MLS at age 18 and doing a decent job at it. Cronin was in highschool at age 18. Cronin started in MLS 4 years older than Sanyang.

Not to say that Sanyang is better at this moment, but that's unfair to Sanyang. Imagine Cronin at age 18?

That's fine, but as of right now, I'd rather have Cronin on the pitch than Sanyang. Obviously Preki disagrees, but like I said, we'll see what the master plan is. If we can get some more scoring out of this, I'm ok with it.

BleedRed
06-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Cronin > Sanyang.

Sanyang > Cronin in Value x10

Roogsy
06-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Sanyang > Cronin in Value x10

How so since both count very similar against the cap?

BleedRed
06-15-2010, 11:14 PM
sanyang has been scouted by european teams at the age of 18...cronin was playing in high school at the age of 18...in value and potential = sanyang > cronin

Roogsy
06-15-2010, 11:31 PM
sanyang has been scouted by european teams at the age of 18...cronin was playing in high school at the age of 18...in value and potential = sanyang > cronin

?

:noidea:

That makes no sense. If European teams were looking at Sanyang is one thing...the fact that he is with us shows that they decided to pass on him, therefore muting the value you claim he holds. Value only exists if someone can capitalize on it. Unless there is a very real possibility of eventually selling Sanyang at a profit (something I don't see happening), that value you attribute does not exist. It is merely evidence of the different paths to professional soccer players can take. The fact that at his point they are practically in identical places in their careers shows similar values. In fact, taking all considerations into place, in terms of value within MLS, I would say Cronin holds better value since he does not count as an international spot and a team would find it easier to allocate a roster spot for him.

Keyman
06-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Sanyang holds better long-term value is what was being implied, which I would agree with. He has a relatively high ceiling potential-wise.

T.Reis
06-16-2010, 04:33 AM
this all is true ofcourse if Sanyang is actually just 18! .........I'm just saying!