PDA

View Full Version : portland continue to rip seattle

__wowza
06-14-2010, 01:54 PM
aside from the obvious slight they made with their slogan "you can't fake this"..

http://pgepark.io-media.com/
(check out the scoreboard)

this is shaping up to be the hottest derby in the MLS, until montreal comes in of course.

Alarius
06-14-2010, 02:05 PM
LOL!

Eastend
06-14-2010, 02:29 PM
nice

James17930
06-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Wow -- look how big the timbers army section is.

But, again, what a poor, poor new 'logo' they've got. Feel sorry for them.

BeerBaron95
06-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Wow -- look how big the timbers army section is.

But, again, what a poor, poor new 'logo' they've got. Feel sorry for them.

Is it official or are you still going under the assumption of the leaked thread?

edit: nevermind.. just saw the website... agreed about the crest.. not the best considering their last one was better

J .
06-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Bwahaha. Nice. Who gives a shit about their logo, I look forward to chopping down another West Coast club. I like how they rip on Seattle though. Awesome.

TFC07
06-14-2010, 08:41 PM
aside from the obvious slight they made with their slogan "you can't fake this"..

http://pgepark.io-media.com/
(check out the scoreboard)

this is shaping up to be the hottest derby in the MLS, until montreal comes in of course.

Vancouver did the same thing with TFC on their scoreboard pic as well.

EDIT:

http://www.bcplacestadium.com/newsreleases/WC_Vision_2011.jpg

gkhs
06-14-2010, 09:02 PM
That is an amazing stadium...my favourite in MLS by far.

I love that it has an imperfect quality. The stadium was built in 1925 (though not for soccer), and it shows (in a good way).

Stryker
06-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Meph. If any of Seattle, Portland or Vancover try and take another shot at us we can now send them a few packets of seed and tell them to kiss our grass.

Brooker
06-14-2010, 11:43 PM
portland and vancouver playing on plastic?

rocker
06-15-2010, 12:13 AM
portland and vancouver playing on plastic?

yup.. the whole northwest trio will be on plastic.

The only way that may change is if Vancouver ever gets their waterfront stadium built... then they may get grass. But that's more than a decade away.

someone on bigsoccer said the prob with Portland's stadium and grass is that the field is already so far below ground, that they couldn't dig deeper for grass and sustain it. I was looking at the blueprints of the stadium and there's a massive sewer right below the field too. So they'll probably be plastic forever.

James17930
06-15-2010, 01:20 AM
^ Couldn't they raise the level of the field?

__wowza
06-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Vancouver did the same thing with TFC on their scoreboard pic as well.

EDIT:

http://www.bcplacestadium.com/newsreleases/WC_Vision_2011.jpg

THE DASTARDS!!

ExiledRed
06-16-2010, 08:27 AM
^ Couldn't they raise the level of the field?

There's a million solutions. All it takes is money, and this is the reason people pretend there are no solutions.

Remember the initial BMO excuse? The stadium hasnt been built for drainage of a field, and installing such a system would cost as much as the stadium itself?

MartinUtd
06-16-2010, 09:06 AM
There's a million solutions. All it takes is money, and this is the reason people pretend there are no solutions.

Remember the initial BMO excuse? The stadium hasnt been built for drainage of a field, and installing such a system would cost as much as the stadium itself?

haha.. really? I don't remember that

Blizzard
06-16-2010, 01:25 PM

I don't remember that either. Probably just someone's speculation versus the official line from the club or stadium.

ilikemusic
06-16-2010, 02:19 PM
That is an amazing stadium...my favourite in MLS by far.

I love that it has an imperfect quality. The stadium was built in 1925 (though not for soccer), and it shows (in a good way).

Ya, I love Portland's stadium. It has character.

Though I dont like the sounds of their pitch. More plastic. :(

Yep I remember hearing similar stuff. All kinds of excuses for not having grass were thrown around.

james
06-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Timbers got awsome fans, sick stadium....just a shitty logo tho.

bones
06-17-2010, 06:50 AM
And to get a season ticket at mid field for $99 under a roof..........phak!

Bones...

__wowza
06-17-2010, 11:17 AM
And to get a season ticket at mid field for $99 under a roof..........phak!

Bones...

thats why i enjoy watching DC games. their supporter section is based at midfield so whenever you see their games on TV it looks absolutely ELECTRIC. it honestly looks like the entire stadium is that nuts.

Technorgasm
06-17-2010, 11:56 AM
wowo. . BMO is not that great. ./ .