PDA

View Full Version : Ronaldinho to The Galaxy?

TFC115
06-10-2010, 08:58 AM
http://www.mls-rumors.net/8999/2010/06/incoming-ronaldinho-to-the-la-galaxy/

Anyone want to translate what he said? This would be a huge move for LA and with Henry most likely on his way to New York, this would bring huge headlines to the MLS.

drewski
06-10-2010, 09:07 AM
would suit his lifestyle for sure

ManUtd4ever
06-10-2010, 09:08 AM
If it happens it would be an epic signing for LA and the MLS as a whole. I am just getting tired of all the world class players rumored to be on the move being linked to LA or NY...

Azerban
06-10-2010, 09:09 AM
he's a bit shit now

who cares

Boris
06-10-2010, 09:10 AM
If it happens it would be an epic signing for LA and the MLS as a whole. I am just getting tired of all the world class players rumored to be on the move being linked to LA or NY...

where else would it be?
If theres any city in "America" most euros would go its either or....

Fort York Redcoat
06-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Kaka to Salt Lake. They've got an undershirt for him....

ManUtd4ever
06-10-2010, 09:16 AM
where else would it be?
If theres any city in "America" most euros would go its either or....

I understand that but it's an unfortunate perception as far as the rest of the MLS clubs are concerned. The weather isn't an issue because of the schedule. That being said, Toronto, Boston, Chicago, and Philadelphia are all world class cities with diverse populations and great nightlife aren't they?

Fort York Redcoat
06-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Did you actually say World Class? That's a sure mark of a city trying too hard.

Azerban
06-10-2010, 09:21 AM
i prefer this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_city

drewski
06-10-2010, 09:21 AM
I understand that but it's an unfortunate perception as far as the rest of the MLS clubs are concerned. The weather isn't an issue because of the schedule. That being said, Toronto, Boston, Chicago, and Philadelphia are all world class cities with diverse populations and great nightlife aren't they?

good yes. great? compared to NY & LA? no. especially for somebody like Ronaldinho who is attracted to glitz and glamour.

T_Mizz
06-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Yeah maybe for average people it might be on par, possibly but when you're super rich and young-ish nothing in the states beats LA or NY, possibly Miami, or obviously Vegas.

dupont
06-10-2010, 09:38 AM
LA is a garbage ugly city that sprawls forever with strip malls. However, a lot of celebrities live there which brings the star power cred that these dinosaurs want for their retirement.

ManUtd4ever
06-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Well, I only take solace in the fact at some point in the near future, LA and NY will utilize all of their DP slots and hopefully, "second tier" cities like T.O. will have a shot at signing a euro legend...

Redcoe15
06-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Guys.

It's MLS Rumors.

dupont
06-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Guys.

It's MLS Rumors.

Headline reads:

"TFC fans caught red handed in plot to assassinate Obama. Also, Ronaldinho to Galaxy"

DangerRed
06-10-2010, 09:58 AM
he's a bit shit now

who cares

Wait, you're the guy who made up the Ballack-linked-to-TFC rumor, right?

This is irony.

Beach_Red
06-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Well, I only take solace in the fact at some point in the near future, LA and NY will utilize all of their DP slots and hopefully, "second tier" cities like T.O. will have a shot at signing a euro legend...

The league will just keep increasing the number of DP slots that NY and LA want to fill. And why is a team with a sold-out stadium "second tier?"

Azerban
06-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Wait, you're the guy who made up the Ballack-linked-to-TFC rumor, right?

This is irony.

i don't think you get irony mate

Azerban
06-10-2010, 10:04 AM
And why is a team with a sold-out stadium "second tier?"

it's not the team, it's the city itself

dour bankers or barely legal models running around in skimpy clothes

tough

Fort York Redcoat
06-10-2010, 10:28 AM
^Here's to dour bankers!!

NO WAIT!! I meant the other thing....

torontocelt
06-10-2010, 10:35 AM
he's a bit shit now

who cares

Yep he's crap, he has only scored 25 goals in 78 games for AC Milan since he joined them and he only had 24 assits also. He would barely get a game for any team in the MLS with that form.

He is indeed shit.:picard:

trane
06-10-2010, 10:49 AM
^ I was going to point that out. Thank for taking care of that. He did particularly well this year, played well both in Serie A and CL.

Azerban
06-10-2010, 10:50 AM
He would barely get a game for any team in the MLS

ack i'm being trolled!!!

ManUtd4ever
06-10-2010, 11:48 AM
The league will just keep increasing the number of DP slots that NY and LA want to fill. And why is a team with a sold-out stadium "second tier?"

Note the quotation marks, I was being facetious. Toronto is a world class city in my opinion but not necessarily in the eyes of potential euro players looking to sign in the MLS. That was my point...

Dirk Diggler
06-10-2010, 12:50 PM
^ I was going to point that out. Thank for taking care of that. He did particularly well this year, played well both in Serie A and CL.

Is he leaving Milan for sure or what? I thought that they'd bring him back after the very solid season.

Beach_Red
06-10-2010, 12:50 PM
^ Yeah, I got it, me too. I just like pointing out that the team with the sold-out stadium and the rich owners aren't the ones mentioned in any of these big-name DP rumours.

trane
06-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Is he leaving Milan for sure or what? I thought that they'd bring him back after the very solid season.

I heard no talk about him leaving, to be honest. But MIlan could be very different, once a new manager get going.

Super
06-10-2010, 01:00 PM
LA and New York have a huge advantage in that they are known cities to everyone, and I'm sure there's a little boy in every player who wants to live there - growing up, watching the cities in movies and such. Toronto doesn't have that edge. In fact, for myself, growing up in Europe, I didn't know shit about Toronto. Now living here I love it, and I'm sure any player would love living here, but we just don't have the name or the lifestyle to offer players like they can in NY and LA.

Boris
06-10-2010, 01:01 PM
LA and New York have a huge advantage in that they are known cities to everyone, and I'm sure there's a little boy in every player who wants to live there - growing up, watching the cities in movies and such. Toronto doesn't have that edge. In fact, for myself, growing up in Europe, I didn't know shit about Toronto. Now living here I love it, and I'm sure any player would love living here, but we just don't have the name or the lifestyle to offer players like they can in NY and LA.

exactly my point earlier....well said

trane
06-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Ronaldinho is not comming to MLS, he is not that old, I think he will turn 31, and he is still a great player. If he does not stay at AC Milan, he will go back to Brazil, or to a mid level BUT up and comming EPL/Serie A/ La League side, or another big europen club, PSG? Something of that sort. For him to come to LA the money has to be huge.

Super
06-10-2010, 01:22 PM
They managed to bring out Beckham. Not sure if they can pull on sponsors to foot the bill in a similar way, but perhaps enough that they can make the move possible. As for NYRB, well, Red Bull doesn't care about the cost. They've got the cash.

Oldtimer
06-10-2010, 01:32 PM
They managed to bring out Beckham. Not sure if they can pull on sponsors to foot the bill in a similar way, but perhaps enough that they can make the move possible. As for NYRB, well, Red Bull doesn't care about the cost. They've got the cash.

QFT.

The whole club is just an advertising write-off, like their racing team, etc., etc.

torontocelt
06-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Ronaldinho is not comming to MLS, he is not that old, I think he will turn 31, and he is still a great player. If he does not stay at AC Milan, he will go back to Brazil, or to a mid level BUT up and comming EPL/Serie A/ La League side, or another big europen club, PSG? Something of that sort. For him to come to LA the money has to be huge.

I would love to see him in the EPL, it would be like Jay Jay Okocha was back!

Ossington Mental Youth
06-10-2010, 02:20 PM

yep something ive been saying for years

TFC115
06-10-2010, 02:25 PM
can anyone translate what he said in the video to the reporter?

Beach_Red
06-10-2010, 03:09 PM

You make it sound like only two teams would be able to attract players unless there was some kind of league-wide agreement, something like a... oh I don't know, limit on how much each team could spend? And maybe if the teams all shared their profits that would also help to keep the league competitve enough to grow to the point it was sustainable? ;)

sully
06-10-2010, 03:47 PM

That's true. When my friends came over a few summers ago, they had no idea Toronto was so big. And the ironic thing is, when they'd see LA and New York in the movies, sometimes it's in fact Toronto they're really seeing as the city has often been used for movie-making..

sweetlemon69
06-11-2010, 07:39 AM
he's a bit shit now

who cares

Um even tho he finished a season of being almost top form?..