PDA

View Full Version : Jack Astor's promo was shite

TFC111
06-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Worst fucking piece of shit I have ever seen at a TFC match. Please don't ever do anything like that again. It was like being at an Argos game during that horrible promo. If this is the road they are going down with calling the club "FC" and doing stupid promos instead of focusing on the game, we are going to go away from purity and on to stupidity. We are not all fat stupid fucks stuffing ourselves with pizza and pop and occassionally glancing at the game to see what's going on. We are real football fans that don't deserve to be marketed to with total disrespect for our hard earned dollars.

I am sorry if there is already a thread about this but I just woke up and remembering that promo and the complete lack of effort by the team in the first half left me very angry.

tfc_4_ever
06-22-2008, 10:33 AM
I missed the promo. When was it played? What was it about?

TFC111
06-22-2008, 11:10 AM
It was at half-time about a "fan makeover" kinda like a queer eye for the straight guy with a fan perspective. The madeover "lame" fan then ran out into the pitch with a TFC flag that also flew off. It was dumb alltogether and the announcer kept calling the club "FC" during the entire announcement because I guess he was reading off a sheet probably made by someone from Jack Astor's. It reminded me of those pizza pizza promos they do at argos games. It was retarded.

canadian_bhoy
06-22-2008, 11:16 AM
It was at half-time about a "fan makeover" kinda like a queer eye for the straight guy with a fan perspective. The madeover "lame" fan then ran out into the pitch with a TFC flag that also flew off. It was dumb alltogether and the announcer kept calling the club "FC" during the entire announcement because I guess he was reading off a sheet probably made by someone from Jack Astor's. It reminded me of those pizza pizza promos they do at argos games. It was retarded.

The only good thing about that was the flag falling off the pole.

How many times do I have to say it.

Monkey on a bicycle at half-time! I'll buy anything to see that!!!

FSuStoW1LQA&feature=related

Roogsy
06-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Mike...it was brutal. BAH-ROO-TAHL!!!

I remember thinking..."um, I don't remember them doing this before?"

They asked the guy behind me if he wanted to do it, I was wondering what it was all about until I saw it up on screen and was completely horrified.

Kevvv
06-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Just an excuse to put two girls in front of a Jack Astors banner. I'd sooner have them find 3 goofballs wearing Jays or Leafs jerseys, and have everyone else vote on the lamest. To think, I missed standing in a 10 minute piss line to watch that?

mclaren
06-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Worst fucking piece of shit I have ever seen at a TFC match. Please don't ever do anything like that again. It was like being at an Argos game during that horrible promo. If this is the road they are going down with calling the club "FC" and doing stupid promos instead of focusing on the game, we are going to go away from purity and on to stupidity. We are not all fat stupid fucks stuffing ourselves with pizza and pop and occassionally glancing at the game to see what's going on. We are real football fans that don't deserve to be marketed to with total disrespect for our hard earned dollars.

I am sorry if there is already a thread about this but I just woke up and remembering that promo and the complete lack of effort by the team in the first half left me very angry.

glad it wasn't just me.

sweetlemon69
06-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Next time the lame announcer starts saying "FC" lets chant back at him with strong words

Flipityflu
06-22-2008, 11:58 AM
thank god i smoke...

J .
06-22-2008, 01:49 PM
sttttttttttttttttoooooooooooooooooooooooppppppppii iiiiiiddddddddddddd

the FC part is the worst of it all!

katatonic
06-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Jack Astors food sucks.

Alarius
06-22-2008, 05:28 PM
The flag flying away was funny...

That dude reminded me of Bobby Lee for some reason...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZqoh2aUW7g

iansmcl
06-22-2008, 05:34 PM
They did this at another game too, I can't remember what the result was but I think it was another draw.

cmonyoureds
06-22-2008, 06:07 PM
M-L-S-E,
halftimes a great time for a fn pee.

corporate money hand over fist on that one!!!

ThunderBaby
06-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Sounds as though its a good thing I was getting beer during this. Lame-a**.

ACSertL
06-22-2008, 08:09 PM
They did this at another game too, I can't remember what the result was but I think it was another draw.

I think it was last week against Colorado if I am not mistaken.

SilverSamurai
06-22-2008, 09:46 PM
I think it was last week against Colorado if I am not mistaken.
Didn't they have the PS3 penalty kick out?
That's all I saw during half time, unless if it was in a dif section.
I was in 111 the entire time.

ACSertL
06-23-2008, 07:32 AM
Didn't they have the PS3 penalty kick out?
That's all I saw during half time, unless if it was in a dif section.
I was in 111 the entire time.

I am not sure, I just remember it was very recent...could have been the Galaxy game on the 31st of May.

Either way...I didn't like it.

Rochdale
06-23-2008, 09:22 AM

Sent the promtions dept an e-mail to get there act together. l was waiting for security to run on the field and tackle those three people.

Parkdale
06-23-2008, 10:11 AM
The break is 15 minutes, so anything that happens is going to seem rushed and cheap.
I'm sure some of the purists will disagree with me, but I've seen some really well done
entertainment during the half break at Raptors games. Not all of them are great,
but there are some really talented people who travel around the Continent doing
half-time shows. It won't fly at BMO, because we only have 15 minutes.
There are professionals who put on an entertaining show, but we'll never see them at BMO.

SilverSamurai
06-23-2008, 10:20 AM
The break is 15 minutes, so anything that happens is going to seem rushed and cheap.
I'm sure some of the purists will disagree with me, but I've seen some really well done
entertainment during the half break at Raptors games. Not all of them are great,
but there are some really talented people who travel around the Continent doing
half-time shows. It won't fly at BMO, because we only have 15 minutes.
There are professionals who put on an entertaining show, but we'll never see them at BMO.

Those dudes that do the ball tricks are pretty neat.
I say do timbits soccer! lol

Bobo
06-23-2008, 10:47 AM
How counter productive was this promo? If anything, it ensures less people go.

How do those fools at idea tables make big money?

olegunnar
06-23-2008, 11:06 AM
I posted this is the other thread complaining about the game day experience

I'm not a MLSE apologist. Far from it. Still they do/did a good job of filling the seats with people that wouldn't normally call themselves soccer fans.

So us "seasoned" supporters might find this shtick insulting and aggravating...but who's to say the people with seats in the middle of the field don't like it? Without those people we'd be like the rest of the MLS...supporters filling the end sections and a smattering of families in the middle of the field.

I think it's great we voice our displeasure and stay on MLSE to make sure they don't bastardize the game experience totally into something from the ACC...but at the same time it's egocentric to assume everything they do is catered to the supporters.

CoachGT
06-23-2008, 12:42 PM
This was done at an earlier game, and it went about as well. This is something I'd expect at a Leafs game or a Jays game. The marketing guys need to realize that copying other sports ad campaigns here won't work with TFC the way they do for the other sports. I'm not a fan of the tee shirt toss, either, especially when it is for stuff that has no real connection to the team or the sport.

Now, if Jack Astor's put their ad money into adding a few more urinals at BMO, then they might have something..........

iansmcl
06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
I am not sure, I just remember it was very recent...could have been the Galaxy game on the 31st of May.

Either way...I didn't like it.

Nah, Galaxy game was that pizza guy, I remember that one specifically. Unless they did both? It's possible.

Derko
06-23-2008, 08:47 PM

It was the Colorado game, pretty lame promo, I liked the Pipe Band last year!!

TFC John
06-23-2008, 08:49 PM
The only good thing about that was the flag falling off the pole.

How many times do I have to say it.

Monkey on a bicycle at half-time! I'll buy anything to see that!!!

FSuStoW1LQA&feature=related

That monkey trainer is carrying a whip! Do you whip monkeys to get them to do tricks? The poor little fucker keeps looking over his shoulder to see whats coming.

BTW the butterball kid who was featured in the fan make-over was sitting right in front of me. It was his first game. His buddy won the tickets in a raffle at their school. He showed up to a football game wearing a Blue Jays jersey so the promotions staff gave him $100 worth of TFC kit. Guess how many losers will show up to the next game in Blue Jays or Raptors or (heaven forbid) Argos shirts.

iansmcl
06-23-2008, 10:29 PM
It wasn't any Jays jersey... it was a Joe Carter jersey. Swank. I'd approve it wasn't BLUE!!!... *sigh*

Fort York Redcoat
06-24-2008, 10:54 AM
What the hell is a Half time show. It doesn't belong here.
Get rid of beer
Get more beer
pie + merch maybe
get one's ass back in the stands

Kevvv
06-24-2008, 11:04 AM
What the hell is a Half time show. It doesn't belong here.
Get rid of beer
Get more beer
pie + merch maybe
get one's ass back in the stands by the 60th minute

fixed; we're talking BMO Field after all, pick your half-time ritual carefully.

On a side note, with all the delays at half, I see more people going out at the 40 minute mark.